Start by marking “Beware of Me (Dark Obsession, #4)” as Want to Read:
Beware of Me (Dark Obsession, #4)

Beware of Me

(Dark Obsession #4)

Walk on the wild side with New York Times and USA Today best-selling author Cynthia Eden's dark new romantic suspense, BEWARE OF ME.

Criminal. Killer. Monster. Ethan Barclay has been called many things in life, and he usually doesn't care what people say about him. He's tough, hard, and brutal when he needs to be. But even the most dangerous of men can have a weakness. Etha
Published July 28th 2015 by Hocus Pocus Publishing, Inc. (first published July 14th 2015)

Claire Robinson
Mar 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shit-hot-series
4 - "When you have nothing... You want it all." Stars!

Ethan Barclay, has very much been portrayed as the bad guy in pretty much all of the previous books in Cynthia Eden’s Dark Obsession Series, we saw a slight crack in the façade towards the end of Need Me, (book three) which leads neatly onto this book, and takes Ethan to New York, in pursuit of the one woman who, knows who he is, and hold all of his secrets, as well as his heart in the palm of her hands.

I really enjoyed this book, Ethan has b
Sabrina
Jun 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 'You're my weak spot' Stars

Ethan Barclay and Carly Shay share a dark past and secrets that could ruin the both of them. Now those secrets are out and the wrong people have knowledge of what happened all those years ago. Ethan refuses to leave Carly unprotected again so he heads to New York to be closer to her. He never expected to have his offer of protection turned down and now he realizes there is a lot about Carly that he doesn't know. Carly has her own secrets that even Ethan isn't aware o
*P*u*r*p*l*e* Masochist
~ Arc provided via Netgalley in exchange for honest review ~

This review is posted on Way Too Hot Books.

No, I did not picked this book up only because of the cover guy, really, I didn't. (Yeah, right.) The last book that ended on my favorite shelf was a romantic suspense novel, so the genre and the synopsis sounded like something I might enjoy. And I did for the most part.

"You are so wrong for me," she said. And she was the only right thing in his world.

Carly Shay has been hiding from her pas
Lyndy Ann ♫
Jul 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense
Beware of Me is the fourth book in the Dark Obsession series and we finally get Ethan's story.

Ethan Barclay is the big bad villain the criminal the killer and everyone is terrified of him. We met him in the other Dark Obsession books but when it comes to the women in his life he would do anything for them especially Carly Shay she is his only weakness.

Carly Shay survived an horrific ordeal when she was seventeen thanks to Ethan but now the past is coming back to haunt them. Ethan is determined t
Michelle
Jul 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
**NETGALLERY**

Ethan Barclay. Is. Here. EEK!

I love CE’s romantic suspense stories and I was over the moon when I learned that the series would continue on to give Ethan a story of his own. After all, what’s not to love about this bad-boy that seems to have a huge heart when it comes to the people he cares about?

Although Ethan has been a major player in this series, it isn’t until Need Me that his story starts to reveal itself fully. A glimpse into his life
Jul 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
ARC received for review

Still loving this series. I knew Ethan would be dark and angsty, but I wasn't expecting Carly to be angsty. But boy did Ethan love that girl and together they were amazing. Suspense, drama, a little romance, hot sex, bad guys, love, some of the old gang, more hot sex. I should know better than to try and figure out the bad guy in Ms. Eden's books cause I'm always wrong.

I'm excited that Agent Victor gets the next book can't wait to find out more about Zoe. I still want Dete
Laura the Highland Hussy
Jun 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review posted on Got Fiction?
3.5

This is the fourth book in Cynthia Eden’s Dark Obsession series, and as much as I’ve been waiting for Ethan’s book, I have to admit, this wasn’t my favorite.

Ms. Eden’s trademark brand of sex appeal and suspense were present, but I just didn’t love it.

Carly and Ethan share a tragic past, one full of horror and shrouded in mystery. And while Ethan has built up his empire, sometimes legally, sometimes…not, Carly has spent her time staying away from everyone she loves
[Aengell]
Jul 26, 2015 rated it it was ok
A mildly disappointing and repetitive read, although the blurb sounds interesting enough.

Lately everything I read by Cynthia Eden seems to have the same formular, and although it's entertaining enough when you don't know what to read, it becomes slightly annoying to read the same story in various variations.

The two main characters, Carly and Ethan fell flat, their connection barely more than sexual chemistry and a past. Too many details were left out, plot-wise and relationship-wise, so the wh
Alex ♈
Megan Fall
Aug 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ethan's book was soooo good! I loved it, and when I thought it was over and the killer was caught...there was still more!! Really looking forward to Victor's book.
Rva Booklover
Jul 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ethan! Finally, Ethan! I have been looking forward to his story since the first book in the Dark Obsession series, Watch Me.

Ethan is the anti-hero, the biggest bad of the big bads, the guy who walks a fine line between successful businessman and criminal. It has always been clear that Ethan had a lot going on under the surface. In book 3, Need Me, that something, or someone, was introduced - Carly.

Ethan and Carly go way back, and shared some horrific events, events that were filmed and held over
Julie

Check out more reviews at Little Miss Bookmark!

This is the second novel that I've read by Cynthia Eden. I really enjoyed the other novel (Die for Me) and I think that may have somehow tainted my views on this one. To be honest, I don't know. All I do know is that I wasn't as entranced with this one as I was with the other.

I am not big on reading a book from the middle of a series if I haven't read the other novels first. I can't tell you how many books I've seen that look good but it's a mid-se
Ramblings From A Chaotic Mind
Aug 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Another amazing book from my all time favorite author, Cynthia Eden! Her blunt and stark writing has always intrigued me and pulled me into her novels and Beware of Me was no different. While these are stand alone novels, the Dark Obsession series is loosely tied together with crossover characters and so the overall story arc will make more sense if read in order.

Ethan is not a man people want to mess with. His name is spoken in whispers and those who cross him might simply disappear. Yet the on
Hannah
Jul 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
ARC REVIEW

Cynthia Eden's Dark Obsessions series book four, but every book is a stand alone. However in the case of Ethan Barclay reading the previous books will give an insight into who Ethan really is. I love this series. This book has the right mix of suspense and romance it is very well balanced. It does get a tad repetitive always referring to the past. But I loved Carly and Ethan and I hope the series isn’t over yet.

Ethan Barclay is criminal, he is a murderer, but he's not the villain of
RachelW (BamaGal)
Jul 27, 2015 rated it liked it
It was okay, I guess. Parts of it didn't make a whole lot of sense. It was a bit repetitive, and was put out there in the blurb at NG as a standalone read; but it wasn't. It referenced heavily to books 2 and 3, which I had not read; and the storyline was obviously a continuance from the last book. If I had spent money on this, I would have been pissed. At least the finale made some sense since I had read the first book.
Norwyn Schäfer
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5/5 Sterne
Dark Obsession - Beware of me
von Cynthia Eden
»be« - Das digitale Label von Bastei Lübbe
„Er darf sie nicht verlieren ...
Verbrecher. Killer. Monster. Es gibt viele Bezeichnungen für Ethan Barclay. Doch ihm ist egal, was andere Menschen über ihn sagen. Er ist so gefährlich und brutal, wie es für seinen Job nötig ist. Nur bei Carly Shay wird er schwach. Ihre Vergangenheit bindet sie aneinander - eine Vergangenheit voller Blut und Tod. Sie zu verlassen, war das Härteste, was er je tun musst
Doussa
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Emalie
I don't know how Cynthia Eden does it every single time, but whatever she does, she does it right. Like always, she sucked me right into one of her books.

Beware Of Me was so far my favourite in the Dark Obsession series, because let me be honest I'm a total Ethan fan-girl. He finally, finally, finally got his own book. I'm soooooo happy about everything in this book. If you read my other reviews for the Dark Obsession series, you probably noticed that I've developed my own little obsession as we
Markéta
3 stars! ***

Beware of Me is a fourth book in the Dark Obsession series. I read only this one and it can be read as a stand-alone. There were few details missing which wasn't particulary confusing, but it made reading a bit more.. challenging.

Carly has deep, dark, twisted secrets. Those came back to haunt her couple of years later. She was involved in a murder in order to save the man she loves but many people want her dead now. And they aren't afraid of using guns, bombs and any other painful m
Sofia T. (♥ Dimitri Belikov)
Jul 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
The 4th book in the Dark Obsession series tells the story of bad boy Ethan and Carly, Julianna’s sister.

This was a special book for me as we don’t often get to read the villain/bad boy’s side of story. Ethan has been the series bad boy since book #1. In the previous book, Need Me, Carly’s sister was in danger and so Carly and Ethan met once again. We never really knew the real Ethan until he encountered Carly again.

Ethan travels to New York to do what he should have done long ago, protect Carly
Katie_la_geek

I free copy of this book was provided in exchange for an honest review.

I have read quite a few Cynthia Eden books. I tend to enjoy them so I always request them when they pop up on Netgalley. Beware of me is the first book I have read from her Dark Obsession series. It was not my favourite book of hers but I still read the whole thing and I mostly enjoyed it.

Beware of me is the forth book in the Dark Obsession series. On both the Goodreads and Netgalley description for the book it says that this
Erin Burns
Feb 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, read-2015
I received an ARC of this book from the Publisher, via Netgalley, this does not affect my opinion of this book or the content of my review.

I have read and reviewed the previous titles in Cynthia Eden’s Dark Obsession series; Watch Me, Want Me, and Need Me. And FINALLY, Ethan’s book is here. As I have mentioned before, these things are like crack to me, and all the heroes have been John McClain from Die Hard in my mind, so I was insatiably curious what Eden would do with the anti-hero of the seri
Sue
Jul 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Beware of Me by Cynthia Eden is a fast paced, edgy, entrancing romantic suspense. I really enjoyed Ethan and Carly, I felt like they were perfect as hero and heroine for a few reasons. I liked that they had a history, even if it was years ago. I liked that it wasn't just one of them suffering from issues in the past...they both were. The feelings that they both still have for the other is palpable, even if Carly is still so hurt that she doesn't want anything to do with Ethan again. When the pas ...more
JG
This the fourth book in Cynthia Eden's Dark Obsession series and although it can stand alone, readers will have a better understanding of what the main or overarching plot of the series is all about if the previous books are read in order. Like the previous three books, its a romantic suspense thriller with the male protagonist being Ethan Barclay, who played a sort of dark almost villainous character in the previous books (hence reading previous books is a very good idea).

Beware of Me, is Ethan
Danielle Gypsy Soul
Nov 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Beware of Me is the fourth and final book in the Dark Obsession Series and my favorite. Although the heroes in this book all had too many similarities IMO Ethan stood out for me and I really liked his character. This book could be read as a stand alone although all the characters are introduced in the earlier books.

This book centers on Carly who is trying to get over her past until Ethan, the man she loved as a girl reenters her life. Ethan brings with him both her best and worst memories and t
Katherine Yearwood
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Beware of Me, a real treat for lovers of romantic suspense. In 4th book of Cynthia Eden Dark Obsession series we have Carly and Ethan who we all met in Need Me. This time around it’s Carly who’s in danger. They say that your past can’t hurt you it can only make you stronger. In some was this statement is true in others it can seriously kill you. Carly and Ethan past are tied together entwined so to speak by blood and death. For this reason alone Ethan walked away from Carly, just to walk back in ...more
Smiley
Jan 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
Aug 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
**My thanks to NetGalley and Hocus Pocus Publishing Inc, for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

We have seen signs in the previous books in this series that Ethan had a heart, especially at the end of book three.

However in this book we find out how much further Ethan will go for the woman he has always loved and what he is prepared to do for her.

He has always kept an eye out for Carly and now that she is back in his life he will not let her go.

Carly is a very strong character an
Djg
So Ethan and Carly. Wow, very intense couple. They share a past that includes a secret that has come back to haunt them both and now they're in danger. Liked it a lot.

Carly is a great heroine, she had every reason to crawl into a hole and hide but she's strong. And not in a bitchy, I-don't-need-anybody-to help-ne way. I like her, she had a dignity to her.

The romance between Ethan and Carly is breathtaking. I wondered how CE would ever turn him into a hero I could love but she did.

And Victor,
Farah
Sep 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books
Not what I wanted but it was still good. Ugh where was the dark brooding Ethan .. he definitely wasn't in this book. The Ethan here was kinda of tame and too uh .. well .. tame. I liked the characters of course and I screamed a big hell yeah when Victor from the mine books showed up. The plot was interesting and the twist at the end .. I did not see it coming. Overall it was good but damn it I wanted a darker Ethan and no I don't mean a villain because I'm not into the whole villain hero thing ...more
  • Storm Warning (Security Specialists International #4)
  • You Are Always on My Mind: Hell Yeah! (Hell Yeah! -Cajun Style #17)
  • Her Prairie Outlaw (Prairie Brides #6)
  • One Shot (IAD Agency #2)
  • Masquerading with the CEO (What Happens in Vegas, #4)
  • Sworn to Love (Hot Cops, #5)
  • Edge of Temptation (The Edge, #2)
  • Nothing Sweeter (Sweet on a Cowboy, #2)
  • Caged Magic (Wing Slayer Hunters #5)
  • Last Chance (Last Chance Rescue, #6)
  • Master (Chaos Bleeds MC, #8; The Skulls, #Crossover)
  • Between Faith and Fear (Captive, #2)
  • Obsidian Mask (Lion Security, #2)
  • Clarity (Epsilon #1)
  • Operation: Endurance (When the Mission Ends, #3)
  • Shattered Duty (Deadly Ops, #3)
  • Trouble in Tinseltown (Summer Flings #1)
  • Pieces of Me
Award-winning author Cynthia Eden writes dark tales of paranormal romance and romantic suspense. She is a New York Times, USA Today, Digital Book World, and IndieReader best-seller. Cynthia is also a three-time finalist for the prestigious RITA® award. Since she began writing full-time in 2005, Cynthia has written over eighty novels and novellas.

Cynthia lives along the Alabama Gulf Coast. She love

Dark Obsession (5 books)
  • Watch Me (Dark Obsession, #1)
  • Want Me (Dark Obsession, #2)
  • Need Me (Dark Obsession, #3)
  • Only For Me (Dark Obsession, #1-4)