Start by marking “On Lone Star Trail (Texas Crossroads, #3)” as Want to Read:
On Lone Star Trail (Texas Crossroads, #3)

On Lone Star Trail

(Texas Crossroads #3)

If there's one thing Gillian Hodge never wants to see again, it's a man on a motorcycle. Her last encounter with one left her right hand crushed, ending her promising career as a concert pianist. But as she heads to Rainbow's End Resort, a sudden thunderstorm causes a motorcycle to crash in front of her.

When TJ Benjamin's wife died, he lost more than his best friend; he
Published February 2nd 2016 by Revell (first published January 26th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about On Lone Star Trail, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On Lone Star Trail

Start your review of On Lone Star Trail (Texas Crossroads, #3)
Dawn
Jan 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Concert pianist Gillian Hodge was injured by a reckless motorcycle rider. As a result, she may never be able to play professionally again. In hopes of trying to figure out what to do next, she heads to Texas and her friend Kate's resort of Rainbow's End. T.J. Benjamin lost his wife a little over a year ago. Not only did he lose his wife, his faith took a pretty strong beating. Now he's traveling by motorcycle across the country/state checking off the things on his wife's bucket list. When a ...more
Desiree reilly
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First i am going to say that ms Cabot books are great read i got all the book i read form her from the bards which is the for the hearing impaired i listen up to 2 book a day of hers.

The book This part of the book is Jillian had wreck on his motorcycle in the rain and now i am taking him to the Rainbow end. And i have Friend there and he can get a cabin while his bike get repaired,

When i got there there were camper all over the area what happen was that a fire and then the family lost there home
Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)
I have so enjoyed this series, and I am sad to see it come to an end – but On Lone Star Trail gave it the perfect sendoff. Amanda Cabot included all of the elements that make the series so entertaining while adding a few new twists as well! (While this is the third book in the TEXAS CROSSROADS series, it’s not necessary to have read the other two first.)

Gillian and TJ both need to learn how to live again. Gillian’s life was upended after the tragic accident that stole her career. TJ’s world went
Becky Lewis
Highly entertaining, uplifting, and encouraging third novel in Amanda Cabot's Texas Crossroads, On Lone Star Trail can be read by itself, much to my delight. Gillian Hodge has met with an accident that costs her her professional piano concert career. To recover, she heads to visit her friends, Kate and Greg, who are expecting and run a resort in a burned out town.

There she meets two men. One, TJ Benjamin, is motorcycle enthusiast running from his past. The other is wealthy Mike Tarkett, local
Sarah Ruut
Jan 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sometimes we get caught in our own plans for the future, thinking we’ve got it all mapped out, only to discover that God has another plan entirely. Gillian and TJ both find themselves “trapped in the great unknown,” searching for a new future after their own plans have collapsed.

On Lone Star Trail is a cute story with likable characters and a sweet ending. The search for the next step is a realistic struggle, as are the temptations that the characters face through the book. The moments of
Kristine Morgan
Apr 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
First off, let me begin by saying On Lone Star Trail is book three of the Texas Crossroads trilogy. I fully enjoyed the book and it can be read as a stand alone book. That said, finding out it was book three explained why it seemed strange that the story took it for granted that one would know backstory on some of the characters.
Rainbow's End resort is the kind of place one goes to heal. Gillian used to be a concert pianist until her hand was shattered. T.J. was a teacher, who moonlighted as
Jane Choate
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you are looking to chase away the winter chill and doldrums, pick up Amanda Cabot's ON LONE STAR TRAIL, the third installment in the Texas Crossroads trilogy. Cabot's latest is more than an enjoyable read, though it is certainly that. It is more than an unputdownable romance, though it is that as well. It is the story of two wounded souls, both in need of healing, who find love and peace in the service of others and in the unconditional love of the Lord. Cabot's trademark style of melding ...more
Melanie Kilsby
This is a 2.5 stars.
I am not a Romance novel kind of person. At least not just simply romance. There had to be some action, mystery, something else to the story to keep me interested. So, for those who are in love with a simple romance novels, you may rate this book better than I have. For some reason, I thought there was more to this story than meets the eye. I wasn't completely dissatisfied... Maybe disappointed? Maybe bored? I almost can't make my mind up on how I feel about this book. It
Pam
Mar 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If I had my way, Amanda Cabot’s Texas Crossroads series would continue for several more volumes. The Rainbow’s End Resort is such a special place – not only for romance but for emotional healing. How wonderful would it be to be able to escape there for awhile!

What an unexpected romance! Who would ever think to pair a scruffy loner on a motorcycle with a former concert pianist – especially a pianist with such a strong aversion to motorcycles? But somehow it worked beautifully even if both Gillian
Charlie
Jul 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Gillian Hodges is left reeling and lost after a motorcycle accident that ended her career as an award-winning concert pianist. After months of therapy, there is no recovering what she once had. Struggling at this crossroads in her life with her fire-breathing father on her case, she travels to take refuge with her friend, Kate, at Rainbow's End Resort in the Texas Hill Country town of Dupree.

On the windy country backroads to the small town of Dupree, Gillian's worst fears are again realized as
Melanie
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in the Texas Crossroads series but I can tell you that you don't have to read the previous two before this one. You will not be lost. This is my first rad by Amanda Cabot and I am so in love with her writing. I am a fan now for sure!

Gillian is a woman that had her dreams stolen when she had an accident and it crushed her hand. She could no longer be a concert pianist. Now Gilliam hates motorcycles and doesn't even want to see another one again. When Gilliam is on her way
Jack Vasen
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, christian
This is the last of the Texas Crossroads series. While it builds a little on the characters in previous books, it can stand alone.

I find the books in this series to be different somehow from other books in either the Romance genre or Christian Romance genre. These books explore life around the lead characters and develop secondary characters also. This book presents two excellent love options for Gillian. Because of the way it is written, the ultimate ending is predictable, but the climax
Anima
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My mother always says, "Everything happens for a reason." Gillian's trip to the resort, TJ's accident, the part delivery delay, the teens at Firefly Valley all fit into a master plan. Add to that, small town living and the huge gossip mill that creates can weigh anyone down. Gillian is caught unknowingly in a love triangle, however only one man is trying the other is struggling with the world first. I really enjoyed Gillian's go-getter-Dad-be-damned attitude and her need to be needed. TJ is a ...more
Janice
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Using an engaging story, this author addresses some difficult life questions in a non-preachy but entertaining way. Gillian's claim to fame is with her hands, being an award-winning concert pianist. That is, until there is an accident. Now what can she do? TJ is an informal RV preacher. That is, until his wife dies. Has his faith disappeared? The two meet...
One thing bothered me about this book, and that was to question how someone with obvious musical ability and training with the piano and
Clara K Page
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

Another great book! Great characters and story. As the characters struggled with their lives and their struggles to return to a closer relationship with God, I was inspired to have a closer walk with God. I loved this series so much that I almost hated to finish the book.
Tam Car
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was ok
I was really looking forward to reading this one but once getting about halfway through I realized there was no sustenance to it. Just mundane things happening in a mundane town. This book was lacking in anything to keep me wanting to find out more of what could possibly happen because I didn't really care about the endeavors.
Pianosue
Jan 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Gillian Hodge goes to Rainbows End seeking a new life after her life as a concert pianist was tragically ended. Will she find the peace and new life direction she is seeking? I enjoyed this story very much.
Michelle
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A clean romance story with characters that are dealing with real life problems. Loss will definately change people's lives. In this case, one person has lost her career and another person has lost his wife. Both end up at Rainbow's End wondering what their future will hold.
Jacqueline Davis
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fun book to get lost in and transported to a neat location. Third in the series. I didn't read the first two, but the author does a good job making this one stand alone that readers don't necessarily have to read the others. Fun reading with a good message.
Dianne Sidebottom
Jul 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have read the series now. This story wasn't about a rich man finding love in a small town as the other two did, but was a spiritual journey to find a future with the struggles and drama in the town of Dupree and the Rainbow End's Resort characters.
Estelle
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
24 hour read. Perfect for the plane rides home from. Working weekend
Angie Fehl
Jun 05, 2016 rated it it was ok
It only takes one fateful moment for Gillian Hodge's whole world to change forever. In that one instance, she is struck down in the street by a motorcyclist, the accident crushing her right hand and effectively ending her career as a concert pianist. After some intensive physical rehabilitation, Gillian is able to regain most of her mobility in that hand, but she soon sees it will never be quite enough to return to the concert stage. So, now what? Needing some time to mentally regroup and ...more
Lisa Johnson
Feb 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Title: On the Lone Star Trail (Texas Crossroads #3)
Author: Amanda Cabot
Pages: 368
Year: 2016
Publisher: Revell
My rating is 5 stars.
With Western style romance, countryside, and some suspense, what do you have but an outstanding series! Amanda Cabot brings a conclusion to the area and characters we met in the first book called, A Bluebonnet Lake followed by book two, In Firefly Valley. In the conclusion to the stories, we meet once again Gillian Hodge who was at one time a concert pianist. After her
Renee Schaaf
Mar 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Former professional pianist Gillian Hodge comes to Dupree, Texas to get some R&R and to regroup after an accident rendered her right hand too injured for the concert stage. While en route to Rainbow's End resort, Gillian encounters a man and his motorcycle and the emotional wounds that had been healing were reopened.

TJ Benjamin is a man grieving his past and lost in hope for a future. A broken motorcycle land him at Rainbow's End, thanks to an insistent woman.

Gillian and TJ find that they
Just Commonly
Jan 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Can two hurting individuals find healing on a trip to the Lone Star Trail?

On Lone Star Trail is the third and final book of the Texas Crossroads series by Amanda Cabot. With the right amount of past, present and future that balanced the journey of our two main characters, TJ and Gillian; On Lone Star Trail is uplifting, encouraging and inspiring in accepting challenges and letting go to let God be in control.

"Let go and let God...Surrender. Accept God's will. Seek only His approval." (285)

I
Meagan Myhren-bennett
On Lone Star Trail
Texas Crossroads #3
By Amanda Cabot

It was suppose to be a chance to escape from the pain of the past. But a motorcycle crash quickly disrupts the plans of both Gillian Hodge and TJ Benjamin.

Gillian is returning to Rainbow's End to visit with her best friend Kate. Hoping to find peace and further healing from the accident that left her life without direction, Gillian is unprepared for her latest encounter with a motorcycle and its rider.

TJ is trying come to terms with the loss
Linda Wilson
Feb 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
If there's one thing Gillian Hodge never wants to see again, it's a man on a motorcycle. Her last encounter with one left her right hand crushed, ending her promising career as a concert pianist. Unsure about the next phase in her life, she heads to Rainbow's End Resort for some R&R when a sudden thunderstorm causes a motorcycle to crash right in front of her.

When TJ Benjamin's wife died, he lost more than his best friend; he lost his faith. He has spent the past year wandering the country
Sara Wise
Feb 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
** “Not only will (God) be with us, but he gives us a wonderful promise: he will not fail or forsake us. Others can promise that, but inevitably they will fail, simply because they’re human. Only God can and will deliver on his promise 100 percent of the time.” **

Amanda Cabot brings us back to Texas’ Hill Country and the Rainbow’s End resort in her final installation of the “Texas Crossroads” series — “On Lone Star Trail.”

Cabot’s latest novel picks up the story of Gillian Hodge, a concert
Janka H.
Jan 07, 2017 rated it liked it
How to believe again when your dreams has been shattered and you just don't understand why God hasn't intervened?

Gillian Hodge has once been a musical prodigy, then a rising star on the concert pianist sky. Then a motorcycle accident happened - and she had to come to realize that her life as she known it is over. After the months of therapies she comes to the Rainbow's End resort, to be with ber best friend Kate Vange in the last weeks of her pregnancy and to think about her future
Nicki Olsen
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
_______________________________________________

*My Thoughts*

Wow, wow, wow, wow, WOW!! I loved this book so much. Actually, I have loved it ever since I read the preview in her last book. (DON'T do that, by the way, unless you enjoy torture!) I never really cared for authors that wrote contemporary and historical novels because I felt that, a lot of times, there was just too much of a gap. That all changed with Amanda Cabot! I loved her in "Paper Roses" and "Summer of Promise" but I also have
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Aug 19, 2015 11:21AM

• The Major's Daughter (Fort Reno, #3)
  • Driftwood Bay (Hope Harbor, #5)
  • Welcome to Last Chance (A Place to Call Home, #1)
  • The Wedding Dress Christmas (The Wedding Collection)
  • Pelican Point (Hope Harbor, #4)
  • Betrayal (Where The Heart Lives, #2)
  • Of Fire and Lions (Prophets and Kings, #2)
  • Blue Ridge Sunrise (Blue Ridge, #1)
  • Holding the Fort (Fort Reno, #1)
  • Honeysuckle Dreams (Blue Ridge, #2)
  • The Hope Jar (The Prayer Jars #1)
  • One More Last Chance (A Place to Call Home, #2)
  • Strands of Truth
  • On Magnolia Lane (Blue Ridge, #3)
  • Code of Valor (Blue Justice, #3)
  • Troubled Waters (Montana Rescue, #4)
  • A Matter of Trust (Montana Rescue, #3)
  • The Accidental Guardian (High Sierra Sweethearts, #1)
With both parents avid readers, it's no surprise that Amanda Cabot learned to read at an early age. From there it was only a small step to deciding to become a writer. Of course, deciding and becoming are two different things, as she soon discovered. Fortunately for the world, her first attempts at fiction were not published, but she did meet her goal of selling a novel by her thirtieth birthday. ...more

Texas Crossroads (3 books)
  • At Bluebonnet Lake (Texas Crossroads, #1)
  • In Firefly Valley (Texas Crossroads, #2)