Start by marking “Always Watching (Elite Guardians, #1)” as Want to Read:
Always Watching (Elite Guardians, #1)

Always Watching (Elite Guardians #1)

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  2,692 Ratings  ·  446 Reviews
When it becomes clear that popular psychiatrist and radio personality Wade Savage has a stalker, his father secretly hires Elite Guardians in order to protect his son. But when Wade's bodyguard is attacked and nearly killed, agency owner Olivia Edwards must step in and fill the gap.

Olivia's skills are about to be tested to the limit as Wade's stalker moves from leaving in
Published February 2nd 2016 by Revell

To ask other readers questions about Always Watching, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Always Watching

Sarah Grace
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Ages 15+ for mild violence and suspense
WOWEE! What a piece of fiction!

From page 1, to the very end, this had my attention. There were definitely a few late nights!

I was immediately intrigued by Olivia's character. Rather terse, very quiet, and clearly with a history, I kept reading if only to find out about her. Then, of course, Wade. Another multi-faceted character. I think that's what I liked so much about this book: each and every one of the characters had so many dimensions and so much depth.

I at first had a hard time getting i
Aerykah
Another book to add to my favorites. :)

There's a good reason that Lynette Eason made it onto my favorite authors list so quickly. She's a wonderfully talented suspense author who makes me want to read her books all the way through in one sitting! Unfortunately, there's this little thing called life that keeps me from doing that. :P

This book is just great! I went into it with high expectations (based on the author's other books that I have read and loved) and I was not disappointed. I loved the c
Loraine
This fast paced romantic suspense is the introduction to Lynette Eason's new Elite Guardians series. With the speed of a rocket, Eason starts the suspense from the first chapter and keeps it moving until the very end.

Wade is a talk show psychiatrist and is being stalked by one of his listeners. Olivia, the owner of the Elite Guardians bodyguard agency, has been assigned his protection by his father. When things begin to escalate, Olivia realizes that this is about a whole lot more than just an e
Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)
Two words : GIRL POWER.

It is not often in the suspense genre that you find a bodyguard agency operated solely by women (with an occasional employee of the opposite gender). Olivia, Katie, Haley, Maddy – they run the Elite Guardians Agency and they have some serious skills. And courage.

But they aren’t the only girls with power in Always Watching. Their client Wade’s daughter Amy is a preteen with some serious anxiety issues. Understandably, her dad being the target of a crazy stalker doesn’t help
Andrea Cox
Oct 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
by Andrea Renee Cox

When a radio host is being stalked, the women of the Elite Guardians Bodyguard Agency swoop in to protect him and his twelve-year-old daughter. But what if the stalker turns violent... and aims at the protectors?

Always Watching is the first book in Lynette Eason's newest series: Elite Guardians. It's fast-paced adventure with memorable characters that face true-to-life issues, including common fears.

One fear I especially connected with was the fear of water. It's a difficult o
Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
About this book:

“The bodyguards of Elite Guardians Agency have more than just skill and prowess in common--they're also all women. When it becomes clear that popular psychiatrist and radio personality Wade Savage has a stalker, his father secretly hires Elite Guardians in order to protect his son.
But when Wade's bodyguard is attacked and nearly killed, agency owner Olivia Edwards must step in and fill the gap. Olivia's skills are about to be tested to the limit as Wade's stalker moves from leav
Kellyn Roth
I honestly can't remember this too well (it's once-again been too long), but I do know it was an exciting story with lots of adventure and a great mystery and it was a little creepy ... but in a good way. (What? I like being scared ...)

I disliked What's-His-Name's daughter. She was annoying. Get over yourself, kid, and stop being so stupid! It's like you want to be kidnapped. (I know, I have no sympathy for anyone ... I'm a terrible person ... but these are my honest feelings, y'know?)

And ... I
Melissa
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a pretty perfect beginning to a brand new series full of mystery, suspense, romance, fun characters and a great premise. Four women work together in a bodyguard agency they own. Love that it is a group of women. That is a clever storyline for sure! I enjoyed the characters a great deal, especially Olivia and her struggles. The whodunit was quite good with several twists and turns. I had a ball trying to figure out the who. Do yourself a favor and don't miss this book!

I received this book
Brooke (i blog 4 books)
Every time I read a book by one of my favorite authors, I'm always hopeful that the newest book will live up to my expectations. I'm thrilled to say that Always Watching surpassed every expectation that I had for a new book from Lynette Eason. So what did I love so much about the book?

1. A strong female lead. It seems that the majority of suspense fiction features a strong male lead with a damsel in distress who needs rescuing. I certainly enjoy many of those stories, but it was nice to read a
Cara Putman
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book starts with action, and the pace never lets up. At the same time there is great characterization and enough romance to make romantic suspense readers happy. This may be my favorite of Lynette's books to date. A very enjoyable, fast-paced, twisting plot.

Lynette Eason has crafted a romantic suspense that literally sprints from the first page to the last. This book is packed with adrenaline, twists, and enough questions to keep the most stalwart suspense fan turning the pages. Olivia Edw
Caitlyn Santi
Nov 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: january-tbr
I am a huge fan of Lynette Eason's books, so needless to say I was thrilled to get an influencer copy of her brand new release! Obviously I had some very high expectations for this book and I was most definitely not disappointed! I really liked both Olivia and Wade as well as Wade's daughter Amy, but I think my favorite character was Katie, I can't wait to read her story in Without Warning when it releases later this year! The suspense in this book was amazing, Lynette Eason's tagline is "Welcom ...more
Courtney
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Sometimes it can be so hard to find authors that are also Christians. In a world where there is so much secular writings and secular shows, it has been amazing to stumble upon Ms. Eason and her marvelous works!

"Always Watching" is an amazing novel written by an amazing author! I have an amazing respect for body guards, police detectives, and all law enforcement personal! They place their lives on the line for us each and every day, no matter what the consequences might be for themselves, and nev
Amanda Geaney (Christian Shelf-Esteem)
{Book Review & Giveaway (Ends 2/14): Always Watching by Lynette Eason http://wp.me/p4ExQk-1kw}

I’m on a suspense fiction kick and Lynette Eason just added fuel to the flame. My copy of Always Watching appeared in our mailbox on Friday. The timing was perfect because we were just leaving on a road trip. Now I'm not the fastest reader, so it's saying a lot when I tell you that I've read this book in two days. I couldn't put it down. It was fast-paced. Engaging. Entertaining.

Always Watching is t
Brittany
Jan 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a very exciting book! There was a lot of tension in the story and a good bit of action and danger. The seriousness of the stalker’s intentions is clear right from the beginning of the story. Wade and his daughter are definitely in danger and it is up to his bodyguard, Olivia, to keep them safe and figure out who is behind the threat.

The author did a good job of creating a woman who is capable and strong, as well as determined to do a good job. She is also a woman with some insecurities
Jen
Jan 17, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
I had really high expectations for this book especially since I felt like the summary was very unique. I am usually drawn to alpha-males-protecting-their-girls types of books so I found this one refreshing.

Plot-wise, it was really good. I had absolutely no clue who the hell the bad guys were and was shocked when I found out about them. Writing was good as well. What I had a big problem with was the characters. Every person in this book was so goddamn boring. I caught myself skipping pages especi
Kara
Aug 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Another great suspense book from Eason that had me turning pages into the late night! I could NOT figure out who the suspect was and there are PLENTY of twists to keep the plot going. The romance to me was a little lacking, but I did enjoy the attraction between Wade and Olivia. Olivia does something at the end of the story overcoming a huge fear she has to help Wade's daughter and it really touched me. Great book and a great beginning to this series!
Heather
Feb 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
WARNING: This is an extremely Christian book! If you don't want to have religion shoved down your throat on every other page, avoid this one! I wish it would have been labeled as such.

Also, there is no romantic element at all, except for the final page, when he finally asks her out on a date. This was a very odd read. I won't be reading anything else from this author in the future
Courtney
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018

Sarita
Lynette Eason just confirmed why she has a place as one of my favourite suspense writers.

Another page turning suspense that kept me reading and guessing, together with great characters and interesting relationships made me find myself reading whenever I had a chance.

Lynette always keeps me guessing. The culprit was one of my suspects but she threw me so much that I never was certain if my guess was correct.

I loved Wade’s confidence and trust in God. Lynette also provided us with characters who h
Sydney
Wow! What an exciting and thrilling suspense novel! Full review coming soon!
Dawn
Oct 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Olivia Edwards is the owner of the Elite Guardians Agency. This bodyguard agency is unique in that all of the operatives are women. When one of her employees is critically injured protecting protecting popular radio Wade Savage, Olivia steps in to fill the role. Until he's attacked, Wade had no idea that his father had secretly hired the Elite Guardians to protect him from a stalker. Olivia has her hands full keeping not only Wade safe, but his daughter as well. His stalker has only gotten bolde ...more
Toni Shiloh
Nov 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Always Watching is Ms. Eason's latest romantic suspense novel. As an avid reader of all things Ms. Eason, I was ready for the tough female lead and the suspense. She always packs suspense in spades that takes my breath away. So, I'll start the review there.

Oh. My. Wow. Yes, y'all the suspense was that great. The number one thing I loved about this book was trying to guess who dunnit. Olivia is hired to be the bodyguard for Wade, a dj/counselor (SN: smooth voice alert), who has a rabid female fan
Rachel
Lynette Eason is one of my favorite suspense writers and this book definitely lived up to my expectations. I really enjoyed this book!

First off, I love that the Elite Guardians are all women! Some of my favorite characters in crime shows on TV are female. :) They do pull in help from other agencies though once the danger increases. And I liked how Olivia's backstory plays into why she started the Elite Guardians Agency.
There was no lack of edge of your seat suspense! When the first bodyguard is
Lyndi loathes love triangles
May 11, 2016 rated it did not like it
I did not realize this was a Christian book before reading, but let there be no doubt... it very much is.

Okay so... my main issue is that the Elite Guardian bodyguards are totally incompetent. They don't successfully stop any attacks. The clue that sends them to the right place to save the day? That was discovered/solved by the victim's grandpa. The client they're doing a piss poor job of protecting gets blown up, shot, shot again, kidnapped, shot. These women are literally the worst bodyguards
Josie
Sep 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Recommended to Josie by: Sarah Grace
This was an interesting book -- it had its ups and downs.
What I liked:
/ A nice, fast pace.
/ Interesting characters.
/ Christian elements that were weaved in nicely and not preachy at all. Seriously, so much better than teen Christian fiction.
/ The romance didn't come super quickly.
/ Also I was about to be really mad about the texts between Amy and Stacy until (view spoiler).
What I didn't like:
Diana
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you love deliciously creepy stalker who-dun-its, then this is the book for you! I almost skipped to the end to see who the skulking, sinister culprit was, but decided to race through it instead. Thank goodness I finished it right before a thunderstorm hit! My heart was racing enough as it is. Even though I have read this series out of sequence, I never got confused as to who was who since the author does an excellent job of recapping each character. So far my fave in this series, be sure not ...more
Christina
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars!!

This was a great book- fast paced, action packed, sweet romance, and a mystery with such suspense that it kept me guessing the whole time. I loved the Christian elements throughout it, as well as the sweet and clean romance that was present. A good read!
Deb Haggerty
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Deb’s Dozen: Celebrity Radio Host, a Stalker, Elite Female Bodyguard: Romantic Suspense at its Finest!

Have you ever experienced the eerie feeling that someone’s watching you? Always watching? That cold chill making the hair on your neck stand up? The sense of something … evil? How would you feel if you found out what you thought you were imagining was real?

In her new series, Elite Guardians, Lynette Eason has started with a thriller—one that will keep you on the edge of your chair as you race th
Kelly Bridgewater
Aug 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love Lynette Eason's writing. She always takes me for a thrill ride with her strong heroines. In her latest book, Always Watching, it is a first book in her new series entitled Elite Guardians. With Eason's book, I know there will be strong characters, a slight love interest, and non-stop action. If it is even possible, I think Always Watching is one of her best books written so far.

Getting to know the characters and watch them interact is one of the major reasons I enjoy getting lost in a no
Nicki Olsen
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
_______________________________________________

*My Thoughts*

I always find it hardest to review suspense because there is just SO much I could give away. So, to successfully describe this book without spoilers, I'll give you an appropriate word.

Intense.

This book and it's story line is SO intense. Seriously. A females only bodyguard group is just so unique, I know Lynette is going to be extremely successfull with bringing us her best in this series.

I was guessing through the entire book who the s
The Challenge Fac...: Ezi & Trea - Elite Guardians Series 26 21 Jun 03, 2016 02:24PM
  • Sins of the Past
  • Hidden Agenda (Southern Crimes, #3)
  • Cold Shot (Chesapeake Valor, #1)
  • Silence in the Dark (Logan Point, #4)
  • Thin Ice (Men of Valor #2)
  • Drawing Fire (Cold Case Justice #1)
  • You're the One that I Want (Christiansen Family, #6)
  • Desperate Measures (Port Aster Secrets, #3)
  • Hawk (Quiet Professionals #2)
  • Misery Loves Company
  • Back in the Saddle (Double S Ranch, #1)
  • Peril (Bloodline Trilogy #3)
  • Annabel Lee (Coffey & Hill, #1)
  • On Lone Star Trail (Texas Crossroads, #3)
  • If I Run (If I Run, #1)
Lynette Eason grew up in Greenville, SC. She graduated from the University of South Carolina, Columbia, and then obtained her masters in education from Converse College. Author of twenty inspirational romantic suspense books, she is also a member of American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW) and Romance Writers of America (RWA). In 1996, Lynette married "the boy next door" and now she and her husba ...more
More about Lynette Eason

Elite Guardians (4 books)
  • Without Warning (Elite Guardians, #2)
  • Moving Target (Elite Guardians, #3)
  • Chasing Secrets (Elite Guardians, #4)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • I Heart Paris
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Two By Two
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“You have to get to know God on a very intimate level in order to have the kind of faith that will withstand the storms life throws at you. It’s a good thing that we only have to have the amount of a mustard seed. Sometimes that’s about all I can find. You won’t find even that much, though, if you treat him as the enemy or simply a passing acquaintance.” 4 likes
“You have to work at it. You have to know God on a very intimate level in order to have the kind of faith that will withstand the storms life throws at you. It's a good thing that we only have to have the amount of a mustard seed. Sometimes that's about all I can find.” 3 likes