Start by marking “Straight Flushed (A Hot Pursuit Novel Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Straight Flushed (A Hot Pursuit Novel Book 1)

Straight Flushed

(Hot Pursuit #1)

Being a bodyguard is what makes Diana Cain tick. It wasn't initially what she set out to do, but one night changed the course of her life, and she vowed to never let anyone be a victim again.

Then she met Vance DeLuca. His polished physique, chiseled face, and magnetic charm make him everything a woman wants. The only problem? He’s her partner and office romances are proh
Published June 21st 2015

To ask other readers questions about Straight Flushed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Straight Flushed

Start your review of Straight Flushed (A Hot Pursuit Novel Book 1)
Bernie
Jun 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic book with several plot twists I never saw coming. The chemistry between the two main characters was palpable and tension filled. Very well written and looking forward to the next book.
Elizabeth (Perusing Princesses)
Emerson Shaw has created a story full of intrigue, secrets, and twists that I just loved!!!

I especially love that the story is about a very strong woman, Diana Cain. It's so different because she is the alpha, while at the same time being a vulnerable complex woman. She is a bodyguard. (key in music by Whitney Houston..lol)

She is in an on again off again relationship with Gabe, a wealthy businessman, who definitely has issues with her work.

She works at a firm with her best friend Vance DeLuca...
Olivia Linden
Jul 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-reads
First, can we talk about the cover? After reading Straight Flushed I love the cover even more. I think it suits the story in a brilliant way.

Diana is a tough and ballsy heroine, but she is also very down to earth and likeable. Relatable. While her outward actions were always confident, she had realistic doubts and concerns. Not that I read books for a dose of reality, but sometimes it's hard to read about a tough feisty person who never has fear. But I'm rambling. lol

The plot was suspenseful and
Fallen3
Jun 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book!!! I could tell pretty early on that this book was a different type of book. That's a good thing. I won't be forgetting it. It's not one of those books that you read, & forget most of it the next day.
Not to give to much away but there were three potential heroes in this book. I liked them all at different times. I went back and forth about who I wanted her to end up with. At about a little over half way I knew who I wanted her with. She didn't end up with him, but there are thr
Joanne
May 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a compelling, super quick read. You won’t want to put it down. I love romantic suspense and this did not disappoint. Emerson kept me on the edge of my seat and guessing until the very last page. I cannot wait for the next book!
J.M. Miller
May 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, beta
Straight Flushed is killer, and I'm already looking forward to the rest of the Hot Pursuit series!
After a horrid night in college, Di's life was changed forever. She's put her heart and soul into her new career choice, vowing to help protect others from similar incidents. She's tough, but she also has a vulnerable side, one she doesn't share with many people.
One of those people is her serious boyfriend Gabe. Even after two years together, though, she learns he may not be as supportive as she th
Carolyn Waddell
May 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Where to begin? The beginning is a teaser that sends you into the recent past. It is intense and fast paced! Emerson Shaw can write an awesome suspense/romance book. She nailed it!
It grabbed me right away!! It is a real page turner!! I read this on my iPhone guys!! Read it in less then 20 hours!! It only took that long as I had to sleep! Picked it back up once I awakened and did not put it down!
Love the characters. Lots of subtle undertones. Good descriptions that put you right into that scene.
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
Wow! I loved this heart stopper by Emerson Shaw! It was a riveting Romantic Suspense,and had me guessing up until nearly the end! I was literally jumping UP and down throughout this book!Diana Cain is an agent with a personal security firm,her partner's name is Vance DeLuca. Their mission is to protect Avery Quinn,a Vice President of the National Bank Corporation. Little did they know how dangerous their task would be! There is corporate espionage,a love triangle,betrayal,and 2 crazy families! T ...more
Ayekah
Wow Wow holy hell this book. Emerson Shaw can write them. She blew this out of the water. Diana and Vance, body guard private security and you can read the blurb, I'm not going to rehash that.
Vance and Diana do a little dance around each other, but I gotta hand it to her, I'd have ripped off my pants, the guy is charm overload. The sexual tension is smooth and easy, but so very present.
This is book one, I'm off the read book two.

read this book...
Awe_some_sauce77
Great story with well developed characters. Can't wait for the next installment.
Terps2225
Mar 31, 2017
Julie
Jul 08, 2016
Emerson Shaw
May 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Bob
Jun 24, 2018
Elise
rated it did not like it
Jun 08, 2016
Emerson Shaw was born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio. She released her debut novel, Acts of Desperation, in January of 2014. It is a fast paced romantic thriller that was inspired by actual events. Read the inspiration behind her story at www.emersonshaw.com.

When she is not writing, she focuses her time on being a good mother and wife. She is excited to be opening this new chapter of her life.

Hot Pursuit (2 books)
  • Kissed Blind (Hot Pursuit, #2)