Start by marking “Ti prego perdonami” as Want to Read:
Ti prego perdonami

Ti prego perdonami

3.72  ·  Rating details ·  1,892 Ratings  ·  113 Reviews
Chi non ha mai sognato di saltare sul primo aereo e lasciarsi tutto alle spalle? Leonie, capelli rossi e cuore irlandese, l'ha appena fatto. Se ne è andata da Dublino mandando a monte il matrimonio, ed è volata nell'incantevole e libera San Francisco dei cable car, delle otarie che prendono il sole sul molo, dei cieli azzurrissimi e frizzanti, per provare a iniziare da cap ...more
Published June 25th 2015 by Rizzoli (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Ti prego perdonami, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ti prego perdonami

Leah
Aug 30, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Leonie has left her native Dublin and has fled to San Francisco. Moving into a beautiful apartment, Leonie happens upon a bunch of unopened letters. After accidentally opening one, Leonie sees that each letter ends ‘Please forgive me. Nathan’ and is instantly intrigued. She enlists the help of her neighbour Alex and the two begin the search for the elusive Nathan as well as Helena, who all of the letters are for. Just what did Nathan do that was so bad he required forgiveness?

Melissa Hill is an
Charlotte May
Painful....
Every character pissed me off. Leonie for running away from her problems, the ex for chasing after her instead of giving her space, and when we find out the reason for the argument it doesn't even warrant any kind of emotional response from me - Leonie doesn't need to apologise and the ex has nothing to actually be angry about! An unbelievable waste of time and effort.
The only reason it received 2 stars instead of 1 is because I enjoyed the finding of the letters and the unraveling of
Vera Neves (Sinfonia dos Livros)
Nunca tinha lido nada de Melissa Hill e embora me tenham dito que os anteriores livros dela eram algo monótonos, não deixei de querer ler este livro. Devo dizer que fiquei agradavelmente surpresa. Sempre gostei imenso de livros com cartas perdidas pois dá um toque extra de romance e de mistério a uma história que por si só já é um romance. É um livro leve, sem grandes complicações apesar do mistério que as cartas encontradas fornecem à história.

Opinião completa
Ana Fernandes
Oct 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Indecisa entre as 4⭐ e as 4,5⭐
Marta Santos
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Uma história doce, com personagens envolventes, divertidas, mas com os seus problemas e segredos que vamos conhecendo ao longo da leitura.
Esta leitura também nos mostra a importância e o enorme poder do perdão.
Gostei muito.
Maria João (A Biblioteca da João)
7,5 de 10*

Aqui está o livro perfeito para esta altura do ano. É um livro ideal para o Verão, leve, fresco e fluído!
Melissa Hill escreveu um bom romance, porque cruza 3 histórias, qualquer delas mais interessante que a outra.
Por um lado, acompanhamos Leonie na sua fuga precipitada para os Estados Unidos. As razões para esta fuga vão-nos sendo reveladas aos poucos através de flashbacks, onde passamos a conhecer Adam, o homem por quem Leonie se apaixonou mas com quem teve uma história sem final fel
Ragnhild
Mar 31, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I can't remember the last time I was unable to finish a book. Halfway through and it still had not gotten to the point of why the main character ran away from her home. Usually when I read a book I keep thinking about it after I put it down, but not this one. Several weeks after start I admit defeat. The book is a chick-flick and will have the predictable happy ending anyway...
Marie O'Neill
I found this book to be a bit of a chore. Based around three 'mysteries', the suspense was heavy-handed and the resolutions too easy. I found myself impatient with the clunky cliffhangers and finished the book out of a sense of duty rather than any real desire to find out what happened.
Ana Rodrigues
Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Muito bom!!!
Romance nada lamechas e com mistérios à mistura, gostei muito :)
Chloe
Dec 04, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Leonie was happily in love and engaged to fiancé Adam, but now she’s living halfway across the world from him in San Franscisco. She doesn’t want to be found, and she doesn’t want people to know the secret she ran away from either.

When she moves into a new home, she finds a box of letters all to the same woman from the same man, Nathan, begging for forgiveness. Leonie is curious and decides to find out who the mystery recipient is.

She enlists the help of her neighbour Alex who has a fair few sec
The Translation Abbey
Lydia Laceby
Originally Reviewed at Novel Escapes

This was my first Melissa Hill novel and I was not disappointed. Although I thought the beginning was a tiny bit slow, I eventually warmed to Leonie and really enjoyed this novel. I found the premise and intrigue of the letters she finds interesting and it kept me wondering along with the slow unveiling of Leonie’s past relationship. And with such lovely, confused characters that you can’t help rooting for combined with the gorgeous San Fransisco backdrop, wha
Amanda
I would have enjoyed this book more if it had been better edited. I am generally forgiving of a few editing errors but this book had one every few pages. Things like missing words, saying woman instead of women, saying the word the twice in a row, etc...

Beyond the editing issues, I thought the story was cute enough to hold my attention but I'm ultimately not sure that I actually think two out of the three couples did anything "wrong" which made the premise kind of iffy for me. I do think the bo
Jessica
I like the plot line of this story. It's simple, but there are layers of twists. While we know that that Leonie is running away from her past, her story is deeper than anyone can predict.

It's nice that Leonie's story isn't revealed all at once but in sections. I almost forgot that there are transitions between the past and the present. However, it does drag on at times and because there are so much description, it doesn't appeal to me much.

The title Please Forgive Me ties in very nicely to all t
Vanessa Montês
Aug 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: emprestaram-me
(...)

Comparativamente ao livro anterior da autora que tinha lido, "Prometo Amar-te", gostei muito mais deste. Uma narrativa não tão linear e mais aprofundada, bem escrita e com personagens cujas histórias se interligam de forma inteligente. Além disso não achei um romance tão romântico e fantasioso como o anterior que tinha lido.

Sem dúvida um livro que gostei de ler e uma autora que recomendo!

Opinião completa em http://blocodedevaneios.blogspot.pt/2...
Muriel
Jun 21, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Two best friends, one in Dublin, one in San Francisco. Déjà vu... I live in Dublin, my best friend lives in San Francisco. Honestly I’m sure that’s the only reason I finished reading that book. The story has no interest and in my point of view the author cheated by keeping the main character’s secret until the end, like a trick to keep her readers reading.
Margarida
Apr 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Talvez por não ter grandes expectativas sobre este livro, esta leitura acabou por tornar-se agradável e, em certas partes, até viciante. É leve e chega a ser divertida. O toque de mistério contribuiu para me agarrar até à última página.
Susan Buchanan
Jan 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars. Love this author
Lena
Feb 02, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Inhalt: Von einen Tag auf den anderen reist Leonie von ihrer Heimatstadt Dublin nach San Francisco. Ihren Freunden will sie keine Rechenschaft über ihre plötzliche Flucht abgeben. Fest steht aber, dass irgendetwas zwischen Leonie und ihrem Verlobten Adam vorgefallen sein muss. Ansonsten würde Leonie ihren geliebten Adam niemals von heute auf morgen im Stich lassen.
Angekommen in den Staaten findet Leonie nach kurzer Zeit eine umwerfende Wohnung, in der sie sich wie zu Hause fühlt. Beim Säubern un
Ivana
Hm, I was sure I was going to give this book a four star review, because I actually liked it quite a lot, until the last 30 pages, when it all went downhill for me.

* SPOILER ALERT *

So, I guess the author actually wanted us to root for Lee and Adam? Like, seriously? He is such a weak pushover. And the book makes us believe that she is the one that has done something wrong and needs Adam's forgiveness? Seriously? The only thing she has done was tell him the freaking truth for crying out loud. An
Dee Flournoy
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good heartwarming story with a few surprises.
Beverly Zearley
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Melissa Hill's books. She is amazing at keeping you wondering what will happen next. I love all of her surprises
Kellie Mackrell
May 17, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: did-not-finish
Not my cup of tea, I won't be wasting my time finishing this book
Lori Espino
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice characters and some mystery too.
Elaine Gallagher
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Elaine by: I love the author.
Loved this storyline, wow! A real page turner right until the end. Loved the characters and hated for the book to end. A MUST READ!
Lorraine
A good read. A bit slow going but a good story.
Georgine
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
started out slow and almost gave up. But after a few chapters, it was a great story. Would recommend this book
Barbara Fawcett
Aug 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book.

Keeps you turning pages.

Read all her other books. I'm starting a second one.
Keeps your interest that's for sure.
  • Heaven Can Wait
  • One Minute to Midnight
  • The Truth About Melody Browne
  • The Birds And The Bees
  • Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?
  • Out of the Blue
  • Katy Carter Wants a Hero (Katy Carter, #1)
  • Welcome to My World
  • Heaven Sent
  • That Loving Feeling
  • Forget me not
  • Walking Back to Happiness
International #1 bestselling author Melissa Hill lives in Dublin.

Her page-turning, contemporary novels are published worldwide and translated into 25 different languages.
Her titles are regular chart-toppers in Ireland and internationally.
A GIFT TO REMEMBER will be released as a Hallmark Christmas movie in 2017 and another of her novels is in development with a major Hollywood studio.

Melissa Hill

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
“So do you think there's more to her than meets the eye!" he teased, and Alex cursed herself for being so easy to read.
"My guess is she's running from something.
"No shit Sherlock", she agreed silently. "Probably a guy. It's nearly always a guy.”
3 likes
“I guess people do have different ways of dealing with stuff,' she said diplomatically, 'but you can't run away for ever.” 0 likes