Start by marking “Nick and Charlie” as Want to Read:
Nick and Charlie

Nick and Charlie

(Solitaire #1.5)

"CHARLIE: “I have been going out with Nick Nelson for two years. He likes rugby, Formula 1, dogs, the Marvel universe, the sound felt-tips make on paper, rain and drawing on shoes. He also likes me.”

NICK: “Things me and Charlie Spring do together include: Watch films. Sit in the same room on different laptops. Text each other from different rooms. Make out. Make food. Make
Published July 16th 2015 by HarperCollins Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about Nick and Charlie, please sign up.
Adeline Reads It does follow Nick and Charlie! But it was originally written to go along with the book solitaire, which is about tori! (Charlie's sister)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Kiki van Dijk In order to prevent spoiling Solitaire I guess.

Start your review of Nick and Charlie
Kat
Aug 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
brb crying
Alice Oseman
Jun 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Signed copies available to pre-order here!

NICK AND CHARLIE, a short story originally released as an e-book in 2015, is being rereleased in August 2020 as a paperback!
- Set two years after Heartstopper Vols 1-3.
- Nick's excited about going to uni, but Charlie's scared about being left behind. Can their relationship survive long distance?
- Leavers day antics, a house party, a beach date, and summer vibes!
- I promise Nellie is still alive.
Kai
Jun 25, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: queer, owned, 2015
I first read this book in 2015 just after finishing Alice's debut novel Solitaire because I needed more Nick and Charlie in my life. There was no Heartstopper: Volume One then. Suffice it to say, I loved it.
Five years later and I still really enjoyed it but I'm feeling a little different towards it, for two reasons. The first being that I can't help but feel like there's an element of fetishisation in this novella and I'm not 100% percent able to stay unbothered by it. While on the one hand I'm
daph_pink
Who miss Nick and Charlie ? Me
Who want to cry ? Me
Who loves Alice oseman ? Me
Who will even read her grocery list? Me
Lily ☁️
My 120th book in 2018 is also a four star read, my heart is full. :’)

Also … I completed my reading challenge for this year sndjfndsjf; (🎊).

Blog | Bloglovin’ | Instagram | TumblrTwitter
Romie
Nick and Charlie are the purest and softest boys to exist. knowing that they're going to spend the rest of their lives together is making me extremely happy (4.5)
《Maram》
Feb 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019-reads
I swear bullet points reviews are the best!

-I was expecting to like this more than the other novella because Nick and Charlie are like cuteness overload
-but I mean I was expecting way too much because of the comic heartstopper.
-Also, Charlie is my fav so I thought I would like this a lot
- I wasn't expecting a sad story (I know things get better at the end) Why is this???
- The characters are different from heartstopper I get it's two years later or one but still
- I need to stop comparing it to h
Beth
I finished my good read goal, and I may be finally out of my life/reading slump I am so happy 🙌🏻🙌🏻
Ellie (faerieontheshelf)
light, cute, and sweet - if you enjoy the Heartstopper comics, this is certainly one to read

thank you to the wonderful hera for gifting this one to me! <3
Mariah
God I love them so much
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it

This quick read made me happy inside. My heart is still smiling!

Nick and Charlie were first introduced to readers as side characters in Alice Oseman’s Solitaire. But I first met them in Heartstopper, Volume One, a graphic novel depicting the start of their relationship. I’m not sure if I was supposed to read them out of order, but my heart doesn’t seem to mind. I love Nick and Charlie!

This simple, sweet novella captures some big emotions and fears that so many of us have gone through or are goin
Jackie
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
in this house we stan nick and charlie
Anniek
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was so adorable! I love Nick and Charlie so much!!
Bookphenomena (Micky)
Being back with these guys a little older, was a delight. Nick was 18 and Charlie 17; with University and long distances afoot, their relationship moved to a position of insecurity for the first time in a while. Their journey in this novella was a bit painful to read for fans, seeing them go through couple stuff was hard. It all felt super realistic to that age group.

That said, I loved reading about later teen life. Their routines, their coupledom and how they were perceived by others as a coupl
Sara ❀
Sep 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2020
i hope alice will never stop writing about nick and charlie
Anjal
Sep 07, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
a good filler book/novella. but, if i have to hear one more time how weird they think they are im calling the police. ffs they’re 17 something they can’t be that weird...”omg we are so pathetic and weird” just STOP. 🛑
Nina
Aug 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2020
This was so cute and absolutely perfect!

instagram || my blog || twitter
Izzie
Aug 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My babies🥺 I won’t review this in full, but I loved it and Nick and Charlie are like the OTP to end all OTPs.
caravaggion
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
aaaa this made me so emotional i love them so much *gross sobbing*
lazybookconqueror
This was written before Heartstopper, so there are a few inconsistencies with the canon timeline of the comics. However, Alice Oseman addressed that this will be updated and corrected in the future. But, I don't think that they take away from the story too much, and we get to see older versions of Nick and Charlie, and that's just awesome. In this novella the main conflict is that Nick is going away to the University of Leeds and Charlie is staying behind to finish his final year of school. Afte ...more
Georgia (thefictionfolio)
26th August 2020

Re-read of the new illustrated paperback edition! Still love these characters, but still a 4 star because I don't think it lives up to Oseman's later work or their other Nick/Charlie related content.

8th February 2019

I can't believe I hadn't read this yet, I'm such a fake fan!
I came across this on Scribd yesterday, and just had to pick it up. Part of me is actually kinda pleased I hadn't read it yet, because it was like I was getting brand new content! Even though this came out
sally♡
MY FAVORITES!!!!!!!!! THIS NOVELLA IS EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!! i’m on an osemanverse binge at this point it’s fucking superb i defo recommend 😔✌️
(everything was NOT perfect ⬇️ but they sort it out! like always! they’re fucking NICK AND CHARLIE they are gONNA BE TOGETHER FOREVER THEY ARE SO SO IN LOVE)
(if i was like. SO honest. i’d probably give this 4 stars. but i’m not and basically all of alice’s books are like an automatic 5 star for me, i am sorry i physically cannot help it)
💖💫❤️
UM ,,THIS EXIS
Lauren
Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-standalone
I read this last year and liked it!! I will take any and all Nick and Charlie content and its so interesting to see them in this format rather than comic format. I re- read the new physical edition and loved loved the addition of the new drawings totally added to it in the best way and loved it, its such a cute little book looks wise. Loved seeing Nick and Charlie in a few years time and even though its definitely filled with conflict I still found it on the whole adorable.
BookHugger
I needed Serotonin okay?
Josi
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
I love nick and charlie so much
theresa
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
soft boys💛😭
Melissa Veras
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
A really cute novella about Nick and Charlie. I read the comic first, when Alice Oseman show us how the met, how they fell in love and (so far at least) the beginning of their relationship.

Here, we encounter a Nick and Charlie that have been going out for two years and it's amazing seeing them with such ease with each other, already established in their way ♥

WARNING, though, this novella does spoils something that will be a huge plot point in the comic... So I actually recommend to wait a few y
Dragonsshades
Dec 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Trust me, Nick and Charlie are actually every teenage relationship goal. They are boring, they just sleep around at each other's houses and don't really go on big dates every weekend...but they can actually talk mere by looking at each other.
I'm really looking forward to read Solitaire the novel by Alice Oseman. The author's narrative style is just pure and sensational.
Zoë ☆
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, ebook, 2020-reads
CUTE
Grace
May 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Awww this was so sweet

• Date Me, Bryson Keller
  • Love, Creekwood (Simonverse, #3.5)
  • Only Mostly Devastated
  • Fence, Vol. 1
  • The Falling in Love Montage
  • Fence, Vol. 2
  • Check, Please! Book 1: # Hockey
Alice Oseman is an author/illustrator and was born in 1994 in Kent, England. She has written four YA contemporary novels about teenage disasters: SOLITAIRE, RADIO SILENCE, I WAS BORN FOR THIS, and LOVELESS. She is also the creator of LGBTQ+ YA romance webcomic HEARTSTOPPER, which is now published in physical form by Hachette Children's Books.

Alice’s first novel SOLITAIRE was published when she was

Solitaire (1 books)