Start by marking “Nick and Charlie” as Want to Read:
Nick and Charlie

Nick and Charlie

(Solitaire #1.5)

"CHARLIE: “I have been going out with Nick Nelson for two years. He likes rugby, Formula 1, dogs, the Marvel universe, the sound felt-tips make on paper, rain and drawing on shoes. He also likes me.”

NICK: “Things me and Charlie Spring do together include: Watch films. Sit in the same room on different laptops. Text each other from different rooms. Make out. Make food. Make
Published July 16th 2015 by HarperCollins Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about Nick and Charlie, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Kiki van Dijk In order to prevent spoiling Solitaire I guess.
Adeline Reads It does follow Nick and Charlie! But it was originally written to go along with the book solitaire, which is about tori! (Charlie's sister)

Start your review of Nick and Charlie
Alice Oseman
Jun 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Signed copies available to pre-order here!

NICK AND CHARLIE, a short story originally released as an e-book in 2015, is being rereleased in August 2020 as a paperback!
- Set two years after Heartstopper Vols 1-3.
- Nick's excited about going to uni, but Charlie's scared about being left behind. Can their relationship survive long distance?
- Leavers day antics, a house party, a beach date, and summer vibes!
- I promise Nellie is still alive.
Kai
Jun 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015, queer
Just a great, great read. I always wanted to know more about Nick&Charlie, still do actually. Can't get enough. The two of them make me so incredibly happy and sad at the same time.
Oh Alice, why did you have to do this to me?

Find more of my books on Instagram
Lily ☁️
My 120th book in 2018 is also a four star read, my heart is full. :’)

Also … I completed my reading challenge for this year sndjfndsjf; (🎊).

Blog ¦ Bloglovin’ ¦ Tumblr ¦ Instagram
Romie
Nick and Charlie are the purest and softest boys to exist. knowing that they're going to spend the rest of their lives together is making me extremely happy (4.5)
《Maram》
Feb 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019-reads
I swear bullet points reviews are the best!

-I was expecting to like this more than the other novella because Nick and Charlie are like cuteness overload
-but I mean I was expecting way too much because of the comic heartstopper.
-Also, Charlie is my fav so I thought I would like this a lot
- I wasn't expecting a sad story (I know things get better at the end) Why is this???
- The characters are different from heartstopper I get it's two years later or one but still
- I need to stop comparing it to h
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it

This quick read made me happy inside. My heart is still smiling!

Nick and Charlie were first introduced to readers as side characters in Alice Oseman’s Solitaire. But I first met them in Heartstopper, Volume One, a graphic novel depicting the start of their relationship. I’m not sure if I was supposed to read them out of order, but my heart doesn’t seem to mind. I love Nick and Charlie!

This simple, sweet novella captures some big emotions and fears that so many of us have gone through or are goin
caravaggion
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
aaaa this made me so emotional i love them so much *gross sobbing*
Jackie
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
in this house we stan nick and charlie
lazybookconqueror
This was written before Heartstopper, so there are a few inconsistencies with the canon timeline of the comics. However, Alice Oseman addressed that this will be updated and corrected in the future. But, I don't think that they take away from the story too much, and we get to see older versions of Nick and Charlie, and that's just awesome. In this novella the main conflict is that Nick is going away to the University of Leeds and Charlie is staying behind to finish his final year of school. Afte ...more
sally♡
MY FAVORITES!!!!!!!!! THIS NOVELLA IS EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!! i’m on an osemanverse binge at this point it’s fucking superb i defo recommend 😔✌️
(everything was NOT perfect ⬇️ but they sort it out! like always! they’re fucking NICK AND CHARLIE they are gONNA BE TOGETHER FOREVER THEY ARE SO SO IN LOVE)
(if i was like. SO honest. i’d probably give this 4 stars. but i’m not and basically all of alice’s books are like an automatic 5 star for me, i am sorry i physically cannot help it)
💖💫❤️
UM ,,THIS EXIS
Anniek
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was so adorable! I love Nick and Charlie so much!!
Josi
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
I love nick and charlie so much
theresa
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
soft boys💛😭
Melissa Veras
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
A really cute novella about Nick and Charlie. I read the comic first, when Alice Oseman show us how the met, how they fell in love and (so far at least) the beginning of their relationship.

Here, we encounter a Nick and Charlie that have been going out for two years and it's amazing seeing them with such ease with each other, already established in their way ♥

WARNING, though, this novella does spoils something that will be a huge plot point in the comic... So I actually recommend to wait a few y
Dragonsshades
Dec 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Trust me, Nick and Charlie are actually every teenage relationship goal. They are boring, they just sleep around at each other's houses and don't really go on big dates every weekend...but they can actually talk mere by looking at each other.
I'm really looking forward to read Solitaire the novel by Alice Oseman. The author's narrative style is just pure and sensational.
Grace
May 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Awww this was so sweet
jessica ☾
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Aww, Nick and Charlie deserve so much more than a tiny novella- I would ready a hundred books about them, they’re sooo cute!
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq, novella
I really need to read Solitaire now
Rosie Wedge
Jun 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Any Charlie and Nick content is good content. I loved how this one looked at the downside to relationships, too, and not just the beautiful, fluffy side we get in Heartstopper. It was also nice to get more from both the boys as this is a novella, not a graphicnnovel, so we got to hear from both of them in way more depth.
Aubrey
Aug 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Being inside Nick and Charlie's heads gave me a very real and clear understanding of their relationship. Mental illness is a real thing, and sometimes it's brushed off. A lot of the time it's downright dismissed. Have you ever had someone tell you to just "get over it" or that you were "over reacting?" The beautiful thing of this is that I don't know if I'm projecting but I feel like Charlie has. I also feel like Nick takes a very real and heartwarming approach to sticking by Charlie. My heart t ...more
Hadya
Jun 11, 2018 rated it liked it
im only a littttle confused about the time line because tori is graduating I think so that means the events of solitaire are done but we had no michael cameos or mentions so ??

anyway my heart is full nick and Charlie are so pure I will cri
prag ♻
I'M SORRY I STILL LOVE HEARTSTOPPER AND ALICE OSEMAN AND NICK AND CHARLIE
Sonya Dementyeva
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
i love them
naz
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
so adorable. i love nick and charlie’s relationship so much ;-;
Alice
Mar 02, 2020 rated it liked it
i’m getting REALLY invested in this ‘alice oseman literary universe’...... and i also really love all the aled last cameos.
TJ
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So cute! I love Nick and Charlie so much, and this was a great look into their heads. I’d love to get more short stories from their POVs! 5/5 stars.
Juliette✵ of✵ the✵ Stars✯⭒*⭑★☽
I adore Heartstopper with all my heart, so I guess I expected to feel the same about this novella... But I just didn't. I dunno, I think I'm gonna stick to Nick and Charlie in comic form from now on!!
Emma L.
Rtc

Rating: 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 (5/5 stars).

AAFGGDASGJKUYSSSSAADFGHHDAASF

I JUST READ THIS (NICK AND CHARLIE) AND I'M NOT OKAY. I'M SO READY TO CRY. IT IS SO FUCKING GOOD

I literally almost forgot my bus stop because I was so into the book.

ALSO I WAS SO SHOOKETH THAT IT WAS ON SCRIBD

ALSO HOW DARE MY BABIES TAO AND ELLE TO BREAK UP. HOW DAAAAAAAARE THEY
luna ☾
[4/5]

My two children Nick and Charlie are the cutest couple ever and I can't get over how adorable their romance is. They are, as a lot of characters say, "Nick and Charlie", and you will probably hardly ever see one without the other. I love these two dorks. 💖

Colleen (Soggywarmpockets)
Apr 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness, this was too cute. I'm glad these guys got their own little story because I loved the glimpses of their relationship in Solitaire. I definitely have to start reading Heartstopper now.

• Date Me, Bryson Keller
  • Only Mostly Devastated
  • Love, Creekwood (Simonverse, #3.5)
  • Bloom
  • Fence, Vol. 1
  • I Wish You All the Best
  • Running With Lions
  • Boyfriend Material
  • The Infinite Noise (The Bright Sessions #1)
  • Meet Cute Club (Sweet Rose #1)
  • Novae #5 (Novae, #5)
  • Check, Please! Book 1: # Hockey
  • The Gentleman’s Guide to Getting Lucky (Montague Siblings, #1.5)
Alice Oseman is an author/illustrator and was born in 1994 in Kent, England. She has written four YA contemporary novels about teenage disasters: SOLITAIRE, RADIO SILENCE, I WAS BORN FOR THIS, and LOVELESS. She is also the creator of LGBTQ+ YA romance webcomic HEARTSTOPPER, which is now published in physical form by Hachette Children's Books.

Alice’s first novel SOLITAIRE was published when she was

Solitaire (1 books)