Start by marking “Love Me Tenor (Perfect Harmony, #2)” as Want to Read:
Love Me Tenor (Perfect Harmony, #2)

Love Me Tenor

(Perfect Harmony #2)

There’s no way he’ll shake this off…

Trevor Daniels is feeling aimless. A recent college grad, he’s not sure what to do with his useless degree, and his family all but abandoned him after he revealed the truth about himself. But a friend’s suggestion that he take his chances on a reality show aimed at finding the next big boy band strikes a chord with him—until the show’s p
Published February 16th 2016 by Lyrical Shine

To ask other readers questions about Love Me Tenor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Me Tenor

Start your review of Love Me Tenor (Perfect Harmony, #2)
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~BR with Renee who only LOOKS innocent~

One word: SPECTACULAR!

While I enjoyed the first book in the Perfect Harmony series, I loved this one MORE. Love Me Tenor can easily be read as a standalone. The MCs from the first book are mentioned in passing a couple times but are never on page.

Trevor is lost and scared. Cut off by his religious, homophobic (sad how the two seem to go hand in hand more times than not) family once he comes out as gay, Trevor is weeks away from being homeless. So when he g
* A Reader Obsessed *
3.5 Stars

I think that anyone who enjoys Albert, who loves music, and also liked Perfect Harmony, will have no problems with this second installment.

Love Me Tenor segues into Lucas’s best friend Trevor, who’s newly out and newly disowned from his family. He has no choice but to sign a contract to be in a singing contest with already made groups, seeing as how Trevor currently has no other options for room and board. However, there’s a catch. Trevor’s group is labeled as “boys in love”, and he ha
.Lili.
Aug 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m

Annabeth Albert has once again managed to deliver another fantastic story. We have Trevor, who is alone in the world, after being cut off from his religious and bigoted family. He’s offered the chance to compete in a singing competition and feels obligated to accept to avoid being homeless. There is a catch, though; he must play the part of boyfriend with another member of the group, Jalen. Jalen, who at first comes off as a smartass, but is a kind nurturing young man.

photo 5d8ad2e5-293e-4f83-b880-884efd100af3_zpsvo31j6ur.jpg

What I loved:

*Annabeth Albe
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
DNF @37%

Too long.

Too slow.

Too boring.

This one just wasn't for me.

I don't think this author is for me. I loved Winning Bracket (Campus Cravings) by Annabeth Albert ...but everything else since has been pretty

Pretty much everyone loved this one, so I'm sure it's me. If you're a fan of Annabeth's other stuff then I am sure you will like this one.
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Wish I remembered more of the story... should have reviewed ASAP.
Meags
3.5 Stars

Reality shows, boy bands, first love, kink for days, and a dash of hurt-comfort - yep, there was plenty to like about this one.

Trevor is a fresh college grad. Recently kicked out of his religious family for being gay and just diagnosed with adult onset diabetes, he has no money to his name, nowhere to go, and no idea what to do with his life now he’s finished school.

Fate intervenes when Trevor is approached to be part of a new reality music show where several newly minted boy bands wil
Vivian
Dec 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ng, fr, romance-contemp
Hottest New Boy Band competition is filming and Jalen and Trevor are on the same team. Forced together in a marketing stunt they soon find out that they are more interested than they thought. The games boys play.

The exploration of their sexuality and what makes them tick and explode is interesting, thoughtful, and well done. Both guys have some serious issues in their past that have affected them, and they rear up in unexpected ways during the competition and its stresses. I love the subdued and
Catherine
*** 4.5 Stars ***

I’m feeling lazy, so I decided to let fifth grade me review this book:

description

*squeeeeeeeeeeeeee!*

Omg! OMG! OMG!

If you are in love with love, you will love this book! Jalen and Trevor are just the cutest! There are so many swoony, sigh-inducing moments and I could just DIE of the cute. Like, literally.

Jalen + Trevor 4eva!!! <3
Sheziss
This one went over my head. I admit I had doubts about this one since the very beginning, despite the great reviews. But one thing is to suspect it, and another thing altogether is to experience it in person.

My main and only problem with this book is this simple fact: it’s extremely boring. Apart from a detail or two I got a little upset about, this is the only objection I have.

The writing style doesn’t agree with me. I struggled with each passing chapter hoping for a ray of sunlight to appear,
Ele
Aug 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
** 4.5 stars**
Leta Blake
Feb 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Really loved this book a hell of a lot. It was the perfect length for me, covering more than just falling in love, but really getting into the psychology of both guys and digging into the sex, the family situation, the past with Trevor, and it was just so deliciously good. I'm all about the psychology of characters and Ms. Albert dug into it and unf. SO GOOD. Recommended read!
Renée
Aug 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-romance, 2015
~BR with my favorite Dr. Dani~

4.5 stars!

This book really delivered for me. Trevor is a graduating college student who is about a month away from homelessness. He recently came out to his ultra-religious conservative family and was turned away. He won't be welcome into the family business where his post-college plans had been as well. He gets a call about a reality singing competition that includes 24/7 cameras.....and housing. DONE!

It's there he meets his "boyfriend" Jalen, who is "jacked like
Vallie
Feb 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I wasn’t sold on Trevor when I read the first book in the series, but boy am I glad I read his book! After losing the first spot at the a capella competition, Trevor flies to Vancouver to join a band competing at a reality TV show for America’s new it band. Trevor was ostracised by his very conservative family when he came out and he has nowhere to go, so he chooses this competition mainly to secure a place to live and living expenses. What he didn’t realise was that the band he was chosen to co ...more
namericanwordcat
There is a lot going on in this romance and that is a good thing,

Trevor was in this first book in this series and he was sympathetic but not very likable.

He is so utterly human and in pain in this book and becomes utterly lovable,

Jalen starts out the book defensive in a way that is not really a match with the personality that is revealed but who he becomes (is) as the book moves on is pretty great.

They make a wonderful couple with pretend romance for the show to get them started.

It would be
Fabi
What a wonderful surprise this book was for me. I'm new to Annabeth Albert's work and I loved Trevor's and Jalen's story. The boys were young and just starting out on life on their own. One had a supportive adoptive family while the other had a horrible religious zealot homophobic family. I was afraid the story was going to take a dark turn. Thank goodness it didn't go there because I get so angry reading about homophobic families, especially the religious ones. The boys learned and grew as indi ...more
CrabbyPatty
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
It took me a while to get into this book, unlike Treble Maker where I fell hard and fast. But about half-way through, all of a sudden it seemed to click. Looking forward to the next book in the series All Note Long.

Visit my blog, Sinfully Good Gay Book Reviews
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

4.25

Reviewers note: While one of the main characters was in the first book in this series, it is not necessary to read that book to enjoy this one. The couple from book one is mentioned a couple of times in this book, but not featured.

Author Annabeth Albert treats us to another book about reality television, young men trying to break into show business, and discovering, embracing the things that make you unique and living the life that makes
Ami
Jan 07, 2016 marked it as my-issues-not-yours
As I started reading this I realized that I really, really, hated the whole fake relationship for marketing ploy. I thought I could get pass this to find out more about the characters, but even the whole twitter shout at the beginning of the chapters made me grit my teeth because they were all lies. I hated the idea so much. HATED IT. This should be a lesson for me to remember that everything with famous people / Hollywood theme in romance might not always be my thing.

So, I decided to stop earl
Caipi
Cute story about two young guys with some issues, a TV show and actually music.
I so enjoyed watching Trevor gain confidence in his voice and singing! :)
Aerin
Dec 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, arc
Hands down, this is Annabeth Albert's best book to date. It was not only fun, but also very complex and the characters certainly manage to play with your heartstrings. I'm pretty sure every single character in this book grew a lot, changed, matured, from who they were at the beginning of this book. I usually don't watch talent shows, but I'm pretty familiar with how they work, and I kind of enjoyed the setting and plot of this book.

I loved Trevor and Jalen from the very beginning, and I loved ev
Veronica of V's Reads
This is the second book in a series, and fully enjoyable on its own.

Trevor hails from a conservative Christian family which has rejected him due to his sexuality. He's weeks from graduating college and his whole life already seems a bust. He's cut off from his family and his planned job as music director in his father's church. He has no prospects, no home and less than $100 in his bank account when he gets a call to take part in a "boy band" reality show. Trevor was part of an acapella group i
Cadiva
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved this one, I think I preferred it just over book one in the series too because Trevor was just so in need of someone to love him and he found the perfect person.

I also love the idea of these singing reality TV shows (even though I don't watch any of them in actuality) and I think this worked better than the a cappella version in book one too.

The cast of secondary characters were great, the twin boyfriends Carter and Carson had me laughing but they actually had a lot of depth to them and t
Roger - president of NBR United -
Trevor, a secondary character from Treble Maker, has come out to his family and has been disowned. A friend, who is also a person on the production staff of a new competition looking for a new boy band, convinces Trevor to signup as she has a band she is sure Trevor will fit in. Jalen is her brother and another person she convince to join the all gay boy band. the competition convince Trevor and Jalen to be fake boyfriend well we all now what happens next in this trope. They fall in love but the ...more
Caz
Apr 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review to follow.
Flavia
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
3,5 stars
Alicia
*4.5 stars*

So this was hot, and good. Like really really good. After reading book one, and seeing what Trevor was like in that, I was a little wary going in to this, thinking I was getting some huge Christian Virgin who would spend most the book preaching before finally giving in. Yep, I was really completely wrong. He was nothing like Lucas in book one, and this moved in to the fun things way quicker. I honestly didn't ever imagine Trev had it in him.
We learn a lot more about Trev and his back
Bibliophile
Aug 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
It's summer vacation for me which means that I get to read books. Lots and lots of book! Yay!

But, like you, I only want to read good books if can help it. Books that make me sigh, laugh, cheer, and feel lots of sappy emotions. So I read lots of Goodreads reviews from friends and try to be selective about which books I read. I chose this particular book because a lot of my friends on here gave this book 5 stars and added it to their "Best of 2016" lists. I was excited to read this book as a resu
Didi
2.75 Stars

It took me a while to finish reading this book. Because, as much as I liked this better than Treble Maker, the previous book in the series, at the early pages I still found it hard to blend in with the story. And it's a long one too!

Perhaps it's the tv show stuff that got into my nerves (yes, I admitted though I watched one or two singing competition, I only enjoy the performance part not the drama part of it) or could be my shortage of patience for the young characters attitudes and t
haletostilinski
I had to give this four stars instead of five because of how freakin' slow the beginning is. It didn't really start to pick up for me until exactly the 50% point.

BUT...once I got to that place, it picked up amazingly, and I finished the last half in one night as apposed to the first half taking me 3 days to get through.

It wasn't even Jalen and Trevor, the MC's, because I actually enjoyed their relationship throughout, and liked their chemistry. It was practically all the rest of the plot throu
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Syncopation (Twisted Wishes, #1)
  • American Fairytale (Dreamers, #2)
  • Dine with Me
  • Game Changer (Game Changers, #1)
  • Virgin Flyer
  • The Rebuilding Year (The Rebuilding Year, #1)
  • A Forbidden Rumspringa (Gay Amish Romance #1)
  • BTW: By the Way (After Oscar, #3)
  • Pretend (Blackcreek, #3)
  • Pretty Perfect (Boys in Makeup, #1)
  • The Heart As He Hears It (Perspectives, #3)
  • The Best Friend (Red's Tavern, #1)
  • Wild Trail (Clean Slate Ranch, #1)
  • Loving Jay (Loving You, #1)
  • Cover Up (Skin Deep Inc., #3)
  • Knight of Ocean Avenue (Love in Laguna, #1)
  • A Kaleidoscope of Butterflies
  • Flash Rip
Frequent tweeter, professional grammar nerd, and obsessive reader, Annabeth Albert is also a Pacific Northwest romance writer in a variety of subgenres.

Emotionally complex, sexy, and funny stories are her favorites both to read and to write. In between searching out dark heroes to redeem, she works a rewarding day job and wrangles two toddlers.

Perfect Harmony (3 books)
  • Treble Maker (Perfect Harmony, #1)
  • All Note Long (Perfect Harmony, #3)