Start by marking “Lawless” as Want to Read:
Lawless

Lawless

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  1,123 Ratings  ·  115 Reviews
Lawson Daniel is good at a lot of things. He can show you the best places to surf, the perfect time of day to ride the tide. He knows the best bars, the best bands, he has the best weed, and if you’re looking to get laid, he’ll show you the best time.

No girl in her right mind should speak to him. She definitely shouldn’t have sex with him, and only a blind, self-loathing
Published July 8th 2015 (first published June 28th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Lawless, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Ana
This effing book snuck up on me when I least expected and made me smile.

kelly_slater

So y'all really thought I would pass up such a perfect opportunity to post a Kelly Slater gif?

Love me some surfers.

www_sean

Err wait…

www_liam

Now, that's more like it.

A little tidbit about me. I am super afraid of swimming in deep water. When I'm at the beach, I just like to chill. Read a good book, work on my tan and laugh at men who wear speedos. That's it. It usually works, but, more often than not, I am forced to take a terrifying
Sandy Ⓢ
Me ha encantado, (ya estoy en plan de buscar más libros de la autora).

Una lectura ligera, entretenida, corta y muy divertida sin exceder, los protagonistas comunes y corrientes, nada de "Tú eres el mejor", "Eres la chica más sexy", nada de estereotipos.
El sol, la playa y la arena fueron testigos de la historia, de los temores y el riesgo que tomaron los personajes.
Karla
Nov 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Loved it!
Review soon!
Amber .:★Wild Heart Reviews★:.
lawless

Can I just say wow? I don't even know where to start with this book. It absolutely floored me, I loved it from beginning to end and I could not put it down. It's one of those books that has left me staring at my cursor trying to come up with an adequate way to at least describe what I read, and tell you how I feel about it. I'm not sure I can.

Tracey Ward is a new-to-me author, Lawless is the very first book I've read by her. It is not my typical type of read, lets go over why. It's in first per
You.Can.Call.Me.QueenB
Not what I expected...

Meet Lawson Daniel

He supposed to be a bad boy

but it turns out he's not.

He's kind of sweet, caring boy who's helping Rachel to overcome her fears.

"It's okay to be hurt and it's okay to be scared, but you gotta get over it. You're hurt in your head as much as you are in your leg and you can't just act like it's not happening and expect it to go away."

I like books with lots of drama, angst, fighting and tears so this book didn't actually work for me in the way I wanted it. I
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
4 Those Daniel Guys Stars

What a fantastic read that had me stopping everything else in my day to read. I couldn't wait to see how this played out with Rachel going away to music school.

I loved the characters and there easy banter --- this is what is considered a light read with a bit of humor in it!

Rachel's father is definitely the comic relief in this book and had me cracking up in the beginning.

Law is fantastic especially with his past and how the town views him. He definitely had me swooning!
DKristin
Lawless... le sigh... I give this one a big ol' 4.5 stars. It's an easy sweet read. If you want something to read when you go to the beach or right after a really intense read this is the way to go.

Now just because it is light doesn't mean that it doesn't have substance. Rachel Mason is prepping to finally make her way to college after having waited for several years to get into the program of her dreams... but right before it's time for her to get on a plane and say farewell for now to Califor
Fanny
Nov 09, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Lawless es la primera novela que leo de Tracey Ward y narra la historia de Rachel y Lawson.
Este libro fue una lectura muy agradable : tierno, ligero, sencillo y con una trama muy juvenil, y lo cierto es que si Sandy no me lo hubiera recomendado no se si me hubiera fijado en el, por lo que muchas gracias ya que estaba buscando una historia como esta desde que termine de leer el tercer libro de la saga King, queria algo totalmente opuesto, ya que despues de haberme leido los tres libros de golpe e
Gina *loves sunshine*
Really loved this story - my heart has a huge connection to surfing, this is my first surfer romance read!! 5 days ago I was sitting on the beach watching my boys and hubby surf so it seemed fitting to read this...I miss the sunshine, the breeze, the salt!! This romance was sweet and the descriptions were just what I needed to tide me over to my next vacay!!! I'll have to check out more by this author
↜ƈɦǟռ☂ɛℓℓɛ↝
 photo swallowed-by-the-wave-surfing-gifs.gif
Surfer Bad Boy vs. Pianist
 photo tumblr_n1g4qialCi1t12ejqo3_400.gif

I love a good beach book, I'm a water baby after all, so I will get drawn right in. This one had me right from the beginning. I loved it. I loved the characters. Loved that I was laughing and smiling through it. But then around 75%, it just kinda got depressing. Not a big fan of light and airy turning sad and depressing.
In the end, I still liked it, but editing was fairly atrocious.

*copy won through author giveaway*
☆Joycedale☆
This is such a funny and sweet story. I love when they've always thought of someone as one way and they turn out to be completely different.
Rachel and Lawson have known each other their whole lives and even run in the same circle but haven't even spoken a handful of times. But then Lawson saves her and suddenly she can't get rid of him. Rachel decides to just go with it and enjoy his friendship until she leaves for the east coast for school but life never turns out how you want it too.
I loved Ra
Pam
Jun 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this story!! Rachel and Lawson are awesome together and I loved their story! I love the supporting characters; Aaron and Katy and am so hoping that the Author will write a book about them so we can learn more about their story.
Haya 2
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites

Love this book<3
NMmomof4
Jul 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: athlete, college, 3-5-star
3.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was a cute, easy read. After reading the synopsis I expected a little more angst, but it was kinda a fluffy read. I rate it at 3.5 because it's better than "just ok", but not by much. The characters were cute and the premise was interesting, but this book might end up being forgotten with time--not all that memorable.

Storyline: This is Rachel and Lawson's story. They both grew up in the same town with each other, but had always been just acquaintances. Right befor
♥ Sarah
Dec 23, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Lawless is an easy, fluffy, read-by-the-beach while listening to the waves kinda book. Who doesn't love a book about surfing, shark bites, piano, first loves, and California? Despite the laid-back nature of the beach bum/ surfer/ small-town lifestyle that's depicted here, the writing is anything but. It's full of description, and poetic phrases like: "...last night was love and today is goodbye..."

The only reason why I'm not giving this a whopping 5 stars is because although I enjoyed it while
Stephanie
Jul 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I first discovered Tracey Ward's books through another of my favorites Authors. Once I finished the first book in her dystopian series I knew she would be a 1-click author for me.
Lawless was such a sweet, captivating story where you could almost feel the ocean and sand between your toes. That's what Tracey's writing does, pulls you into the story that you almost forget it's not reality. Her words for me are like poetry and I envy her for the beautiful words she writes.
Law and Rachel have known
Jessica Austin Gudmundson
I loved it. Lawless has so many different levels to it. It's definitely a NA romance, and it's also more than that. A coming of age story, an overcoming fears story. The MC explores what a person truly wants and is actually able to achieve. Ward takes a hard look at the difference between those two things in a real way. She also makes us think about what is presented to the world, and what actually lays behind the masks. It takes work and thought to see beyond the facade.

This is no write by num
MichellemyBelle
Jun 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh great..now I'm Lawson obsessed.

Read this book while on vacation in Bermuda for the summer. The cover screams 'read me while on a tropical island'...so I did. The perfect short romantic summer read. The beginning was completely surprising. I didn't see any of that coming! I was completely and utterly obsessed with Lawson immediately. He was a walking, breathing town folklore with board-shorts. Great chemistry between the main characters, a likeable group of supporting characters that I need to
Lorie
Jul 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ku, july-2015
4.25 STARS

Well, well, well… if that didn’t that just put a smile on my face! What a nice and totally unexpected little surprise. Lawless is a sweet read perfect for the beach or when you need something a bit lighter after a dark or intense book.

The characters are wonderful and easy to connect with (especially Lawless). The story itself is great. The witty dialogue and strong writing just add to the overall enjoyment.

I was totally wrapped up in Rachel and Lawless’s story and devoured this in n
Sultan * Baby Mama Smut-a-teer*
This was such a cute book! I loved everything about Lawson and Rachel!! These two were so cute and grown up. I loved how little angst there was and how they stayed true to themselves. Tried out their fears and always met right back up. It was a very easy breezy yet grown up journey to love and towards each other. So good. I will def be reading more books by this awesome author and you should too!! I recommend this book to anyone who ever wished they were a California girl waiting for their sexy ...more
Sofia
3.5
Uma leitura bem rápida, visto não ter mais do que 170 páginas. Ideal entre livros mais puxados a nível emocional.
Como refere Surf e Portugal, mesmo que pouco e de passagem, a avaliação subiu um pouco.
Uma leitura de verão; boa num dia de praia.

Espero que aborde uma personagem que deixou curiosidade: soldado ferido é o meu ponto fraco. ♡
Maggie
Jul 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lawson. Freaking. Daniel.
That man is swoooon worthy.
This book was so good. The writing had me sucked in from the very beginning.Tracey Ward has a way with words and there was so much that happened right away that this book was impossible to put down. If you are looking for a quick summer read, I highly recommend this one.
Diane
Jul 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another amazing book by Miss Ward! Onto another book of hers till I have devoured them all!
Haya
May 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
Wow!

Couldn't put this book down not even for a minute ,really great story, strong independent heroine.
Not to mention, the romance was hot.
Stephanie
Jun 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Law and Rachel have known
Nicole
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tracey Ward is a beautiful storyteller. 'Lawless' captures just the right amount of humour and romance thrown in to sweep readers away to the Californian Coast. On the surface this is a sweet, funny and heartwarming tale of two people trying to navigate the beginnings of a relationship amidst family obligations and 'real' life. But by 3% my heart was pounding, and I soon realised this was something more than "one last summer."

Rachel and Lawson have been in the same social circle since childhood
Krystal Smith
Lawless is my favorite summer romance so far this year!

Rachel is a fun-loving beach girl through and through until she decides to pursue her music career by moving to Boston to attend a well known music school. While taking in the beach for the last time before her flight to Boston, something unimaginable happens and Rachel finds her life being saved by Lawson, the boy who everyone knows, every girl dreams about but smart girls guard their hearts around.

When this amateur surf champion sets his
Krystal Smith
Lawless is my favorite summer romance so far this year!

When this amateur surf champion sets his
Natalie Dennis
May 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sports, romance, new-adult
This book was a nice, feel good, easy read. I liked the comparisons made throughout the book to the ocean. I also like the way things get described in the novel. I felt like I was sitting on the beach with the sun burning my skin, hearing the waves and smelling the salt. The story is about taking chances, getting over fears, learning and accepting who you are and what you are capable of doing.

The only thing I didn't like was that I felt Katy and Aaron’s story was kind of left hanging. I keep wo
Crissy
Jul 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lawless was a great romance book. The very first chapter had me hooked and I knew from the moment that Lawson saved Rachel that I would read the book in one sitting. I enjoyed all of the characters and would recommend this book to anyone looking for a sweet, funny and light read. I laughed quite a few times while reading this book and I would happily read it again. This is the first book I have read from this author and based on this book, I would definitely give her other books a try. There wer ...more
  • Pairing Off (Red Hot Russians, #1)
  • Renaissance Man (Blaze of Glory, #3)
  • A Reckless Desire (Breconridge Brothers, #3)
  • Stars (Penmore #1)
  • The Hathaways Complete Series (The Hathaways #1-5)
  • All Pepped Up (Pepper Jones, #2)
  • Listed: Volume IV (Listed, #4)
  • Courting Miss Hattie
  • Getting Played (Jail Bait, #2)
  • A Game Worth Watching (Worth Series, #1)
  • The Duke's Quandary (Marriage Mart Mayhem #2)
  • Yesterday's Half Truths (Carolina Days, #2)
  • The Traveling Woman (Traveling, #2)
  • Desperately Seeking Suzanna (Tricks of the Ton, #2)
  • Follow My Lead (The Blue Raven, #3)
  • Halfway to Heaven (Calhoun Chronicles #3)
  • Loved by a Duke (The Heart of a Duke, #4)
  • The Fourth Child (Family Matters #3)
I was born in Oregon and studied English Literature at the University of Oregon (Go Ducks!) My husband and my son are my world.

The best way to keep up on my newest releases, giveaways, and sales is to follow me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tracey...
“My mom uses my full name when I’m in trouble. The same way people use your full name when they talk about you. Not like you’re in trouble, but like you are trouble.” 1 likes
“Just because tomorrow is the start of something new it doesn’t mean it’s the end of something old. My life is not one or the other, it’s what I make it.” 0 likes