Start by marking “Salvage” as Want to Read:
Salvage

Salvage

(Salvage Duet #1)

Stereotypical trailer trash. That’s how people saw me. I’m Karmen Butler, the girl everyone teased, tortured, pranked—bullied.

After graduating high school, I left my shithole of a town behind with no intentions of ever returning. My dreams were within my grasp. Or so I thought…

Luck. That’s what was on his side. Brayden Stephens was on top of the world and the biggest prick
Published August 1st 2015 (first published July 24th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Salvage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Salvage

Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Aug 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Salvage (Salvage Duet #1) by Tiffany Aleman
4.5 stars!!

“I’m not God baby. I’m the devil. I want to play and corrupt and worship you in the most sinful of ways.”

This is the first book of a duet by Tiffany Aleman and all I can say is what a start. To say that I loved this book would be an understatement, I loved it hard!! This book was real, it wasn’t always pretty but it had so many messages littered throughout. This book was full of hope and forgiveness and even if you are in the direst of ci
Shayna
Jul 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
As an avid seeker of happily ever afters, I have an affinity for stories that feel 'real' to me, stories that never hold back, are never sugar-coated. They are raw, honest, and beautiful. The first book in the SALVAGE duet will always be a beloved book to me. It's not a love story with a big red bow at the top. Aleman plans to make us work for the fairy-tale ending we crave. This one did put my heart through the ringer. My chest ached, my heart soared, and my tears ran true. Aleman gives us so m ...more
Tia Louise
Jul 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Brave, brutal, and ultimately beautiful.

Shew! This one's a roller-coaster! I liked the strong heroine Karmen, who needed time to trust Brayden, our hero and ex NFL-superstar. He'd crushed her heart when he stood by and allowed her to be humiliated in school by his best friend. (Aleman cleverly gives us his POV, and lets us see the darkness behind his curtain.)

Abuse, alcoholism--they've both suffered so much before their paths lead them together and smoking hot romance. But is love enough to hea
Carrie White
Jul 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
After reading Salvage, I admire Miss Tiffany’s masterfully creation. I admire her even more after reading the ‘Acknowledgements’ section.
This story touched me deeply, emotionally & personally.
A young girl who should’ve at least had an average, if not great empowering experience in high school, only to be shunned by her physical appearance and up bringing.
It’s sad. Bullying still happens around the world. 24 hours a day. 365 days a year.
Someone is experiencing such traumatic events.
Accept
Amy
Jul 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
ARC review ...

Salvage -- Release August 2nd
Tiffany Aleman
4 stars

Be aware that if you have issues or triggers and cannot read stories of alcoholism and also bullying/abuse please reconsider giving this a one click.
I would like to applaud Ms. Aleman for touching on three very serious topics in her book Salvage. The story sheds light on the pain that each of these diseases and issues cause those that suffer from hate or addiction.
Karmen Butler has made her way back home. She came back when her m
Kathryn
Jul 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
I've tried to let my brain settle in hopes my review does this book justice. Tiffany tackles subjects prevalent in today's society: alcoholism, drug addiction, child abuse, bullying.

Let's touch on bullying. This word is bandied about so much, it's true meaning has been diluted because everyone cries wolf for the least offense or infraction.

Not Karmen Butler. During her high school years, she was a true victim of the heinous act. Thanks to her parents' addictions, she's forced to fend for hersel
T.J. West
Jul 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was honored to receive an ARC of Salvage for an honest review. How can I get more honest than saying---This was such a beautifully written story of two people who are meant to be together, yet demons of the past and future choices gets in the way. I loved Brayden, even with his deep flaws. Karmen and Brayden have such a connection it's not hard to get wound up in their relationship. I am really looking forward to the next chapter!
Natasha
Jul 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
SO FLIPPING GOOD
AdequateBookWhore
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s, favorites, reviewed
*** ARC provided by the Author for an honest review ***

"Dreams don't come true if you don't chase after them"

This book did not disappoint at all. Tiffany Aleman has become one my favourite writers very quickly and there is no doubt of that after reading Salvage Book One. Not being new to her writing hand, I can say her writing is seriously bewildering thus is executed in a way where it differentiates from various of New Adult Novels, by being that much more passionate, realistic and utterl
* A review copy was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review *

~ 5 There's More to Come Stars ~

I really don't know how to write this review to make sure it does this fabulous book justice. I was absolutely blown away from this book. The storyline was filled with heart and emotion and I honestly thought it gave an accurate portrayal of what a person struggles with in life when it comes to abuse, bullying and alcoholism.

This is the first book I have read by Tiffany Aleman, and I w
Tantalizing
Jun 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Not sure how I feel about this book right now. Okay, that is not exactly true. I loved the book. Salvage touched on so many subjects prevalent in today's society such as alcoholism, drug addiction, physical abuse and bullying.

Karmen Bulter's high school life was a living hell. By day she dealt with extreme bullying by the hands of Drew Matthews and Brayden Stephens, at night she went home to a home where her parents were either high or too drunk to function. She decided that as soon as she got o
Heather
Aug 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I absolutely LOVED this book. Words cannot express how much I loved this book. When I read this book, I didn't want it to end. I fell hard for these characters.

This book follows the relationship of Karmen and Brayden. Brayden tormented and tortured Karmen in high school. He made her life a living hell. The best thing that happened for Karmen was that they went to different colleges, never having to see each other again. That all changed when Brayden was no longer the famous football star he onc
Big Joe  Rossi
Aug 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
description

Karmen Butler was bullied to the extreme in high school years. Coming from the poor side of town. Dressed in thrift store clothes with holes in them and usually to small or too big for her. Her mom a meth addict, her dad a drunk. Her life was hell. Save for her best friend, Tammy. Her main goal is to graduate and escape this hell hole town with a much deserved scholarship. Which is does.

Now years later she is forced to move back after her mother dies. She stays to take care of her dad who is d
Joann
Jul 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what a book!! I am in love with Brayden and Karmen!! This story read a bit like another bullying story (which I also loved), and truly turned out to be an enemies to friends to lovers, second chance romance. You cannot help but get sucked into the story from the get go, and find yourself rooting for these two very early on.
While my heart broke for Karmen and the torment that she suffered during her teenage years, I also found that the childhood that Brayden suffered was far worse. Even tho
Danielle
I can't wait until the next book. I just decided to start reading this book and I could not put it down.

Karmen is the manager of a radio station in her hometown. She never thought she would go back home because her childhood wasn't the best but after the death of her mother she came home for the burial. She decided to stay after she found out her dad was dying and hasn't left since he passed away. Enter Brayden Stephens, ex-football player, all around golden boy and Karmen's high school bully.
Laura Hanson
Jul 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
One of the first books I read in the indie world was Smoldering. Now, what seems like a lifetime later, I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of Salvage.

Tiffany writes with an emotional depth that will trap you in place until you're done with the book. In fact, I'm very thankful her writing pulls readers in so quickly- I extended my workout because I couldn't stop reading. So I just kept walking.

Karmen, the heroine, survives teenage bullying and faces both her past and her future when she is re
wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
Jul 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
* * ARC given on behalf of obsessed by books for an honest review * *

Karmen has returned to her home town the last place she wants to be. year after her father's passing she still there, the dreams Tha she once had a no more but life isn't too bad, she's managing the local radio station with her best friend., but when the local pretty boy returns needing a favor can Karmen let go of the past.
Brayden had it all, the NFL career, the money, the women then one play changed everything, now his back
Mary Wasowski
Aug 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was so honored to receive this book as an ARC, and mad at myself for not reading it fast enough. This was my first book by Tiffany Aleman, and certainly not my last. She warned me what I was in for before sending me Salvage...she did not disappoint. Let me begin with this: Salvage is a very emotional read that takes on some serious real-life issues, it is not for the faint at heart. It's beautifully written with scenes that punch you right in your heart. I took some breaks in between and then ...more
Morilyn
This is my first book by Tiffany Aleman & it won't be my last. I loved the story of these two broken teenagers who meet up 7 years after high school & fall in love. But it's a tragic love affair. Tiffany Aleman handles tough subjects, like bullying & alcoholism, deftly. She writes with maturity, understanding & compassion. I'm looking forward to the next book, it is a must read.
Red Reading Hood
3,75 for this story
Salvage Book One

I used to think the worst thing in life was end up alone. It's not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone
~Robin Wiliams

See, I should know that words mean something...but anyway I like that quotes a looooot. Xoxoxo.

Apa yang kau lakukan jika kau bertemu dengan orang yang telah membuat kehidupan sekolahmu seperti neraka? Dan apa yang akan kau lakukan jika orang itu pula yang berhasil menjungkirbalikan hidupmu? Apakah maaf da
Three Chicks
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 Star Review by Natasha Gentile

I was completely flattered when I got an email from Tiffany asking if I would like to an arc of her new book. Of course I looked around the room to make sure I wasn’t being punked before I answered or rather shouted that it better not be a joke..it wasn’t’..

Imagine, if you can, being bullied your whole life. She didn’t know why it happened
Heidi
Aug 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Independent reviewer for Paranormal Romance and Authors That Rock.

Imagine, being bullied for your whole life. And not knowing why it happened but it surely did. Nothing that she did made it go away nothing.

Karmen has risen above her past and is now the manager of a radio station in her own home town. She never did think that she would come back hear to her home, her childhood wasn't the best at all but after the death of her mum she had to come back for the burial.

She gets yet another blow aft
Rachel
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a super book! How often have you wondered what THE man from high school turned into? I mean really, every school has that ONE guy that was the one everyone wanted to be around. The one that you would squee over when he passed you in the hall and nodded, or smiled, or thank you Jesus, actually said Hey!

Well, Karmen was the girl everyone picked on because she didn't have money. She had a drugged out mom, a drunk dad and Karmen had to do her best to feed and clothe herself, and well, prioritie
Samaris Creech
Aug 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Not everyone has an ideal childhood, with the perfect family and the perfect high school experience. Foe Karmen this is her reality, growing up with addicts for parents it was all she could do to make sure she had clothes on her back and some food in her tummy. Her only friend was Tammy all other children torment her. The one who stands out most in her mind however is Brayden. He may not have been the master mind behind her torment but he is the one who left her scarred and looking over her shou ...more
Tracey
Aug 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Blog Banner photo banner2_zps0a9ef8c3.jpg

Life has been anything but beautiful for Karmen Butler. Bullied and humiliated throughout her entire time in high school, she was finally able to get away from her small hometown and the people that made her life a living hell. Back home after the death of her parents, Karmen has a career that she enjoys and the support of her best friend. Things are finally looking up, until he shows up.

Brayden Stephens seemed to have it all in high school. Rich and good-looking, he was a football star and BMO
Christina
Oct 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Karmen has channeled every negative of her past into making a positive future for herself. She grew up as stereotypical trailer trash in her small hometown and was bullied mercilessly, so the first opportunity she had to get away, she took. But when her parents’ failing health brings her home, she must come face to face with her past, and the realization that things aren’t always what they seem. In a strange twist of fate, she finds Brayden, one of her childhood tormentors, relying on her for a ...more
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Karmen is a great, strong character. She was bullied through high school and wanted nothing more than to flee her town. She got a break and went to college. When her mother passed she came home to help her father and she stayed. Her father passed away too but she still stayed in the town and has a job that she liked but it wasn't her dream.
Brayden stood by and watched as his friend Drew picked on and made fun of Karmen is high school. Brayden played in the NFL and was on the top of his world wh
BadDirtyBooks
Jul 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Karmen grew up very poor, but didn't let that mentality enslave her.  She made something of herself.  Although her self confidence took a huge blow, she vowed to never feel like she did growing up.
Drew and his sidekick Brayden were the cause of most of Karmen's pain in high school. They say karma is a Bitch. And naturally what goes around comes around, but how many people get to be there when it does? Right not many!  However, Karmen does!
This story touched on a few serious topics one being bul
Nikki Costello ***Crazy Cajun Book Addicts Blog***
This is my first time reading anything by Tiffany Aleman and the abundance of emotions this book put me through were unreal.
Karmen and Brayden are both broken soul's but for different reasons. During high school Karmen suffered at the hands of bullies and with a mother on drugs and a drunken father her home life was no better. Although Brayden wasn't always active in the bullying he stood by on the side lines as his friends made Karmen's life an absolute hell feeling his reputation was more impo
Heather Schrader
Aug 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Five Star Read
I was given a complimentary copy in exchange for an honest review.

Karmen Butler was the girl everyone teased and tortured in high school.
She left her shithole of a town with no intentions of looking back.

Brayden Stephens was the biggest prick of all time with his cocky smirks and arrogant attitude.

After one night changed everything between us I was captivated by him. So against my better judgement I let him in.

But he's broken me again and I'm left to deal with the aftermath.
Is thei
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Resurrecting Phoenix
  • Scars of My Past
  • Getting Hot (Jail Bait, #3)
  • Used
  • Lead Me Home (Fight for Me, #3)
  • Vision of Hope (Infinity, #3)
  • Totaled (Totaled, #1)
  • Reprieve
  • Pulled Within (Bar Harbor, #2)
  • Grit (Dirty, #6)
  • Salt Water Wounds (Oyster Cove, #1)
  • Revive Me
  • Unbreakable (Able, #1)
  • Anthony (Lucian & Lia Book 7)
  • If I Seem Dangerous
  • Playing with Fire (Guarded Hearts, #1)
  • The Fragile Line: Part One (The Fragile Line, #1)
  • EXP1RE (EXPIRE Duet, #1)
Tiffany is a mother of two and married to wonderful man. She is lover off anything that has to do with the outdoors. When she's not writing, she's spending time at the beach with her family and friends. Tiffany published her first novel in May of 2013 and hasn't seemed to stop writing ever since. She loves to read and lose herself in the imaginary world of the written word.
“Karmen rolls her eyes and groans. “God help me.”   I lean forward and nip at her earlobe. “I’m not God baby. I’m the Devil. I want to play and corrupt and worship you in the most sinful of ways.” 0 likes