Start by marking “Mission: Improper (London Steampunk: The Blue Blood Conspiracy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Mission: Improper (London Steampunk: The Blue Blood Conspiracy, #1)

Mission: Improper

(London Steampunk: The Blue Blood Conspiracy #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  1,202 ratings  ·  157 reviews
Three years ago, London society changed forever, with a revolution placing the widowed Queen firmly on the throne her blue blood husband tried to take from her. Humans, verwulfen and mechs are no longer considered the lesser classes, but not everybody is happy with the new order…

Entire families have gone missing in the East End. When Caleb Byrnes receives an invitation to
Published August 16th 2016 by Lochaber Press (first published August 11th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Mission, please sign up.
Bec McMaster Not yet. Due out in July 2016. Title is Mission: Improper, and it features Byrnes and Ingrid, and will start a spin-off series to the London Steampunk…moreNot yet. Due out in July 2016. Title is Mission: Improper, and it features Byrnes and Ingrid, and will start a spin-off series to the London Steampunk series. Set three years after the finish of Of Silk And Steam, it will focus on what the Queen is up to now, and the culmination of events from the revolution. Also steamy, sexy times, because what else do you get when you throw a verwulfen and blueblood together?(less)
Bec McMaster Hi PNR. I'm pushing to have this one ready for release in July 2016.

really liked it 4.00  ·

☆★Tinja★✮ A Court of Pizza and Laziness
Ahhhh simply amazing ♡ Why are aren't more people reading her books??? Like seriously, if you're a fan of Paranormal Romance, look no farther. And what's better than Historical + Paranormal combined? Very few things indeed. I seriously looove this author. She is one of my absolute favorites. If you haven't read her London Steampunk series yet, then what are you waiting for!!? She has some seriously sexy vampires..

If you are interested you can start with this one, but I recommend you start with t
Roobie

I never used to dream. Not when I was trapped in the cage, because if you dared to dream, then you would dare to hope.
And nothing hurts more than having that crushed and thrown in your face.

Mei
Nov 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
I'm thilled that Ms. McMaster wrote this spin-off! I've been missing the world of the London Steampunk series!!!

I loved both the heroine and the hero. Both Caleb and Ingrid are great and I loved them!
I usually don't like very much when the hero is all I'm too bad for her, but I loved it here! Maybe because I enjoyed how Caleb's reticence just melted when it come in contact with Ingrid's passion! Or maybe because Ingrid was such a strong heroine that Caleb didn't stand a chance! LOL

I love the in
Jo
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All London Steampunk fans
Shelves: gr2017, 4-stars
I want to know what it feels like to explore that... that spark between us. I want to exorcise you from my mind, from my thoughts. That's all. I want to burn like the supernova that flames through my veins when you're nearby, and drown myself in these feelings until it's done. Until you're... extinguished from my soul."

It’s been three years since the prince consort was overthrown by the queen and London society changed completely. Humans, mechs and verwulfen aren’t seen as less anymore, thei

Marta Cox
Aug 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-reviews
I'm so glad this series continued as although I liked how things ended in the last book in so many ways it brought things to a close. The problem for me was what could happen next? The Queen had finally taken back control but how would things progress? Plus there were characters who I still had questions about so it was with great delight ( OK perhaps some fan girl squealing !) that I sat down to read this story that transports the reader just three years down the line . Yes there have been huge ...more
Sharon
**I received a free copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.**

“'Revenge is going to be very sweet,’ Byrnes whispered in her ear as he brushed past.
She followed him, feeling that little thrill tingling through her blood, unable to stop herself from whispering, ‘Just remember: two can play at that game.’”

Rating: 4

When I was reading this book and realized that this story was about a newly assembled team of detectives/spies:

– Especially since one of the team members is th
Sunny
ARC REVIEW:

If you are a fan of Bec McMaster’s London Steampunk series, hang on to your Kindles because you will love this ride. We first meet Caleb Byrnes in the earlier series. We know he’s controlled, disciplined, and loves to solve puzzles. His previous encounter with verwulfen, Ingrid Miller, left him tied up in knots, and he is eager for payback. They are partnered together to investigate the strange disappearance of groups of people, blue bloods, humans, and others. Given the fragile natur
Bubu
May 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: pnr, read-2017, 3-stars

Hmpf! I'm wondering why I keep reading Bec McMaster's books and end up not really liking them, or rather liking them and not liking them. Does that even make sense?

Well, her writing is compelling and she can build up a good mystery and pursue it throughout the series. My main complaints remain though. The books (and this one is a spin-off of the London Steampunk series and many of the previous characters have still a significant role here) are too modern. And I'm not even speaking of tr
Monique V
Oct 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
The only disappointing thing about this book is the sex scene. I wanted more!!! also the ending left me wanting some answers and I better get them!
Monique
5 'steamy' stars

I don't think I could ever forget you. You're one hell of a woman. And I don't know where this road will take us, or whether I can be what you want, but I do know that I want to explore that option."

description

I have no words. This world that Bec McMaster created is simply marvelous. I loved the original series, I adored it, hell, I wanted to live in it! And after reading this book, I can say that the spin-off is on a good way to be equally amazing.

The spin-off takes place three years aft
Bonnie-Anne Carmichael (Love Triangles Are Fucking Stupid.)

Bec McMaster is hands down my favourite PNR author. I LOVE every single one of her books. Which considering I'm a picky bitch is pretty amazing! That being said I was very wary about this book. See, I wanted Byrnes with Ava and I was hella pissed when I found out he wasn't being paired with her. I went through all the stages of grief, except acceptance. Which I was pretty sure I would never get to. I didn't see
Jenny Q
Oct 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
As a huge fan of Bec McMaster's London Steampunk series, I was sorry to see it come to an end, especially since I felt a certain pair of characters had not yet had their story told (I'm looking at you, Charlie and Lark), and the story world was so rich with opportunities for more novels. My prayers were answered when Mission: Improper was announced, the first book in a spin-off series set in the same world with new leading characters and featuring appearances from some of our favorite characters ...more
Ami
This is going to be a lousy opinion, simply because I had no words except to say how much I LOVED this book.

Plotline under spoiler tag so I can remember what happened this time around...

(view spoiler)
Celestine
I was so lost in the characters of Bec McMaster's spin-off steampunk series that I want to read more. You can take that statement two ways.

First, all the characters are interesting and full of personality, quirks, physical punch and intriguing backstories. I just want to sit on the fringes and watch the Company of Rogues work and play. They are that absorbing.

Second, I was really, truly lost. Mission: Improper is billed as the first book in The Blue Blood Conspiracy series. Having read the fir
 Simply Sam ツ
***3.5 Stars***

This book was the perfect palate cleanser!

There's mystery, there's mayhem, there's blood, and (of course) there's a romance featuring a blue-blood (think vampire-lite) and a verwulfen (think werewolf-lite). Apparently these two met a year before and have had it in for each other ever since.

I love the whole "enemies to lovers" trope, which is where this kind of stems from, but it never quite got the whole "enemy" part down. We're told a bunch of times that the MC blue-blood Caleb
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

“Never snooze on Bec McMaster. She’s a must read!”
~ Under the Covers
Under the Covers Book Blog
Jul 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
MISSION: IMPROPER is the first book in the London Steampunk spin off series by Bec McMaster. As a huge fan of the original series, I really don’t know why it took me so long to read this series. Set three years after the events in STEAM AND SILK, readers are once again submerged into the wonderful world that McMaster has created.

First off, I have to talk about the world because this is honestly one of my favorite combinations. It has everything from Paranormal Romance to Steampunk elements. If
Oct 31, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
31st Oct 2018: this ebook is currently free on all platforms. For one week only though so grab it while you can!
A
added after my first re-read:

I stand by everything I said about this wonderful gem the first time I read it... honestly... I forgot how amazing this story is... what a wonderful job it does introducing us to the new mystery, making us fall in love with a whole group of characters... *sighs happily* for all the informations you can possibly need, just keep on reading to check out my full review :)

ARC received from the author in exchange for an honest review :)

I just finished reading this book...
alicat ♡➹♡
I’ve always loved Byrnes and Ingrid put them together and it is fun banter and sizzling chemistry. Byrnes is that lone wolf type detective who pisses off most of his colleagues, Ingrid is a passionate former resistance member turned freelance detective.

The new series developments are pretty intense and as usual I wasn’t sure how things could resolve themselves.

I loved seeing some of the previous characters including some sweet domestic scenes with the Current & former nighthawk crew

Loved it
Aly
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have not read many Steampunk books. I really liked Caleb and Ingrid. The book was very interesting with vampires and blue bloods and all. I think the book was heavy on the romance side as well but overall I enjoyed the book. I would not recommend anyone one under 18 reading due to some sexual content but I did not mind it because there was not very much in this book. I may have to read book two to see what happens next!
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
3.5 Stars

I've been meaning to pick this book up all year, however, it took Annie recommending this on a Pick It For Me challenge for me to actually read it. I am glad I did, I already really like McMaster's London Steampunk series and I was glad that I got a chance to dive back into the richly detailed world that she had created.

In the Blue Blood Conspiracy series we see the world post-revolution. Humans, Mechs and some Blue Bloods have killed the Prince Consort who was controlling the human qu
Somia
Nov 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
So started reading this in my work breaks yesterday and ended up eagerly reading it in any spare time I had, finishing early today.

This book was a good suprise, the characters and story drew me in from the onset, loved the character of Ingrid and her initial interactions with Caleb, if you want a strong heroine Ingrid is the one for you. The chemistry and banter between the two was fun to read, and one of my favourite parts of the book (and what pushed this to 4 stars).

My focus wavered slightly
Sophia
Jul 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
London Steampunk will remain one of my favorite series and I was feeling somewhat blue that it was over. Lo and behold, we have a new season with an action-packed and suspenseful new series arc and focusing on several new characters in the much beloved world. Please don't let the fact that this one set on the shelf a while fool you. I have been more than eager to get back into this world blending paranormal, steampunk, suspense, and romance.

Mission: Improper began with an assembling of a crack t
Caz
Aug 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Review to follow (at some point).
eyes.2c
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library, steampunk
It's been sometime since I've read some Bec McMaster. Am not disappointed. Am looking forward to finishing this series.
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
In the three years since the rebellion, the queen has instituted reforms that give more power to the humans, Mechs, and non-blue bloods, while diminishing the control of the Echelon. This isn’t sitting well with some, and there have been a series of unsolvable crimes aiming to lessen the queen’s effectiveness as ruler. The Duke of Malloryn has taken it upon himself to solve the mystery and put an end to the terror. He’s assembled a team of elite to find out what group has been causing riots and ...more
Julie (Jewlsbookblog)
There’s so much I enjoyed about this book! For one, the cover is eye catching and considering I don’t usually pay attention, that’s saying something. And as weird as it sounds, I had The League of Extraordinary Gentleman playing in the background of my mind when I read the opening chapters...

Two, I love the characters. Even the villains had brains. Pick one-male or female, good or bad-they are all written as intelligent, passionate, humorous, sarcastic, sensual beings with a variety of colorful
Ursula
A very solid 3.5 stars.
I do love most of the books in this London steam punk series, including the ones from the first series. BM has a great way with words and can do some terrific world-building (although I might prefer Meljean Brook when it comes to this genre- there is a tenderness in her relationships that is sometimes missing in BM's aggressively sexy prose).

I have never been a fan of the so-called vampire romance (oxymoron, if you ask me. Aren't they DEAD people?), so it has to be a good
Aoi
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was ok
2.5 Stars

I'm so glad Bec McMaster decided to write a spin off for her London Steampunk series, replete with more adventures! I'm not a fan of her latest offering though - the pace was too slow to hold my attention, and the romance was laden with the commitment - phobe trope, which doesn't appeal to me one bit..

« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Apr 13, 2017 07:00PM

• Forevermore (Darkest London, #7)
  • Wrecked (Iron Seas, #3.4)
  • Prince of Hearts (The Elders and Welders Chronicles, #1)
  • The Clockwork Wolf (Disenchanted & Co., #2)
  • Moonlight & Mechanicals (Gaslight Chronicles, #4)
  • Gunpowder Alchemy (The Gunpowder Chronicles #1)
  • Wicked After Midnight (Blud, #3)
  • The Diabolical Miss Hyde (Electric Empire, #1)
Bec McMaster is the award-winning author of the London Steampunk series. A member of RWA, she writes sexy, dark paranormals, and adventurous steampunk romances, and grew up with her nose in a book. Following a life-long love affair with fantasy, she discovered romance novels as a 16 year-old, and hasn't looked back.

In 2012, Sourcebooks released her debut novel, Kiss of Steel, the first in the Lon

London Steampunk: The Blue Blood Conspiracy (5 books)
  • The Mech Who Loved Me (London Steampunk: The Blue Blood Conspiracy #2)
  • You Only Love Twice (London Steampunk: The Blue Blood Conspiracy #3)
  • To Catch A Rogue (London Steampunk: The Blue Blood Conspiracy #4)
  • Dukes Are Forever (London Steampunk: The Blue Blood Conspiracy #5)
“I.” 0 likes
“Anyone ever told you that you're a prick?" "Frequently. Can you not see the tears of remorse in my eyes?” 0 likes