Start by marking “Bodyguard Bear (Protection, Inc., #1)” as Want to Read:
Bodyguard Bear (Protection, Inc., #1)

Bodyguard Bear

(Protection, Inc. #1)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  1,495 Ratings  ·  141 Reviews
A BBW witness to a murder + the sexy bear shifter bodyguard sworn to protect her with his life + firefights and fiery passion = one hot thrill ride!

Curvy paramedic Ellie McNeil loves her job, even though her schedule dooms her to perpetual single-hood. But on an overnight shift, she witnesses a murder. Ellie bravely agrees to testify against the murderer, who runs organiz
Published June 23rd 2015

To ask other readers questions about Bodyguard Bear, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bodyguard Bear

Coco.V
Jan 14, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
💝 FREE on Amazon today (1/14/2018)! 💝
Xan West
I enjoyed this! Of the instamate shifter romances I've read, this shifter hero struck me as someone who really cared about the heroine's consent and emotional well-being, even when that was in tension with his shifter urges, and I really appreciated that.

Content Warnings (view spoiler)
CC
Jul 22, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: safe-for-me, pnr, series
3.5 stars.

Short, total insta-love (I think I actually prefer insta-lust that turns into love). Saying I Love You after 1 day is a little weird. But this was a very short, sweet, sometimes steamy shifter book. I needed something really easy. And this totally fit the bill.

Totally safe.
Yesenia Gonzalez
Quick read. Short and sweet, It was cheesy the insta love but it was okay since it was a short book.
Wild_irish_rose
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a short, quick read, but a good story and set up for the Protection Inc series. I liked Ellie, who was strong and sassy, and Hal, who was cuddly and protective. Looking forward to reading the rest of the series.
Theresa
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Nice, easy read. Has just enough goin on to keep you interested. Even has an unexpected part that I didn't see coming. HEA (of course, it's a shifter romance lol)
Judy Lewis

Designation: Book One of Series, Standalone Novella
Author: Zoe Chant
Reading Platform: Kindle Edition
My Rating: FIVE DELIGHTFULLY ENTERTAINING STARS*****
Wow! Color me impressed! Where in the world has this author been hiding? Chant is a remarkably talented author; I can't believe I haven't heard of her before now! This may have been my first time reading Zoe Chant's work but it certainly won't be my last! This story grabbed
April
Okay, this is a hard one to call. It was a good read, just a slow pace. I kind of wanted a bit more action earlier in the book. It is a nice introduction to a series, I really am interested in seeing where things are headed for the rest of the team.

I liked the mixed POV, that is my favorite form of narrative. Makes for a more engaging read all around. Ellie is fun to read because she is sassy and has loads of inner strength. Hal mostly fits my bill for a bear shifter. I tend to like them on the
A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol)
4.5

*Book source ~ Kindle Lending Library

Ellie McNeil is a paramedic who witnesses a murder by a crime boss. She’s willing to testify, but not go into Witness Protection. Enter Hal Brennan, bear shifter and owner of Protection, Inc. He and his crew of shifters make damn good bodyguards, but humans aren’t in the know about shifters, so Ellie has no idea Hal is a werebear, but she does know she wants him even if it is cliché to want to jump the bones of your bodyguard. Hal knows for sure he wants E
Susan  Burgess-Ryan
Sometime I will pick a book for the "hunky" man on the cover of the book. That is how I found Zoe Chant and she became one of my favorite authors.

Ellis McNeil is an EMT who accidentally stumbles across a Mob hit and the Mob Boss, along with his hit man. But what scares Ellis the most is she recognizes the man they killed. Ellie' s brother taught her to be tough and she wasn't running.

In walks Hal Brennan, owner of Protection Inc. He had just been lectured by his parents about finding his mate an
Diana Rising
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bears, shifters
This was an excellent romance between a bear shifter and a human lady who is a paramedic. She sees a murder and needs protection. He is the leader of a private security firm who takes on responsibility for her safety from the mob boss who wants her dead. It is a short, but complete, book. It has romance, sex, running for their life, and the mystery of how they find her when she is being protected in an unknown location. Because she finds out in the middle of an extremely dangerous situation, she ...more
GreenFairy
This was an alright book. Single female witnesses a murder. Hunk bear shifter is hired to protect her. They fall in love. She has absolutely no freak out about witnesses a mob hit. No meltdown when not once but twice she was nearly killed. And not even a stutter when he shifts into a bear. But she knew without a doubt that she wanted him. Didn't leave a good or bad impression on me.
May 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Makes the time pass quickly

These short stories are good for maybe 3-4 hours, it's a really nice way to spend a short amount of time! I've been using KU, and found Zoe Chant, and have yet found a bad apple.
Kari
Feb 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cassandra
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 Unicorns - I loved it!!!
***I choose what I read and review based on what intrigues me!!

This cover is fabulous with both beasts on it! This happens to be my favorite kind of cover because you know what kind of shifter you are getting and that it is definitely a shifter read! I own this whole series!

This is the first book in this series, and it is for adults only due to the steamy content.

Zoe Chant’s books are fast becoming my standard for picking a book that I can finish
Carol Jacobs
This was a decent book. I really did enjoy the plot. I did feel like it had the potential to be so much more, though. To me, it was just ok. I'm not sure if I'm going to be reading the rest of the series or not. I'm going to read the blurb and comments on the next book to find out.

It was action packed and the sexy times were basic. I don't say that to be mean, because I really don't like to give any negative feedback if I can help it
But, I read about 300 to 500 books a year and I guess I just
Kimberly
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good

This story was a nice, fast read but that instant fall in love was a bit too fast.

Hal, a bear shifter, owns a private security company, he lives far away from his family who all live in the country because his parents don't approve of his dangerous career.

Ellie is a paramedic on the graveyard shift with her best friend, she thrives on the excitement, like Hal does. Following up on a routine caller, Ellie, unbeknownst to her is a witness to a mob killing. When the men realize that there was
Shelly Roke
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Feisty !!!

A witness to a murder because she turned the wrong way in an alley is not what Ellie expected. She ran into many things while on calls as a paramedic, but this, well, this meant trouble. Turns out the murder was ordered by a notorious crime boss, one that nobody crossed. In fact, the police got her private, 24 hour security to keep her safe. And the security? A big, burly, hot werebear. Who knows as soon as he sees her that she's his mate. And now he has another reason to keep her safe
JodyL
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ellie and her partner respond to an ambulance call. While on that call she witnesses a murder that was committed by someone she has heard about, a mob boss!
When she tries to do the right thing and testify, the police want to put her in witness protection. When she says no because her job is too important in saving lives. She then hired a bodyguard named Hal.
Hal doesn't want a mate no matter how much pressure his family put on him. But when he meets Ellie, all bets are off. Hal has to do everythi
Vânia Nunes
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ellie was in the wrong place and wrong time when she witnessed a murder.
To make matters worse, the killer was none other than Mr Nagle, the city's crime boss.
She agrees to testify against him, but doesn't want to join the Witness Protection Program, which means she needs to have a bodyguard.

Hal Brennan has a bodyguards company, but there is something more special. He and his companions are shaper-shifters.
As soon as Hal contacts Ellie, his within bear identifies her as his mate.
Now, Hal will hav
Elaine Kirby
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very Exciting!

Ellie is a paramedic who witnessed a murder against the DA & after she told the police everything she saw & heard she then also tod them that she would testify.

Hal was called in by the Captain to protect her from being killed before she could testify & from the moment he saw her he knew that Ellie was his mate.

This story is the beginning of their relationship which is a fast paced action filled story from beginning to end. This book was very good & had some sex sce
McKayla Schutt
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good bodyguard romance

I enjoyed the characters and plot. Seemed a bit anticlimactic when it came to actually capturing the bad guy. And I wasn't a fan of info dumping the characters descriptions. It's very tempting when seeing a new character to want to shove all the details out and be done but I find it more satisfying when it's weaved into the action. Debating on getting the next one in the series, part of me wants to know about the Dragon. That side of curiosity will probably win.
Carmen
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great first book

This was a great first in the series book. A paramedic called to testify against a mob boss having to be protected by a bear shifter. What could possibly go wrong? Mayhem, maybe? Oh but there is always a chance that the paramedic is also the mate the bear didn't know he needed. We are also introduced to a cast of characters you just know will show up in the next book. I can't wait!
Cheryl Viner
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another Great Read

I love the depth of the characters in Zoe Chant's books. Elle is a strong, self reliant, curvy woman that finds herself in need of protection after witnessing a crime.Hal is a male that thinks he is fine alone.Between all the danger, the couple learns something of themselves and each other. Whether you like paranormal romance or not most people will enjoy this book.
MaryD
Hal is hired to guard Ellie, an EMT that witnessed a murder. Since she is insistent on testifying against the vicious crime boss responsible for the murder, Hal's job is to keep her alive until the trial. Unfortunately there is a traitor who is determined to bring them down. What the enemy and Ellie don't know is that Hal is a bear shifter who has found his mate and who will do anything to protect her.

Good story, rather "steamy", but it doesn't ignore the plot as too many such books do.
Brandi
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute, fast, shifter read.
Protection, Inc. is a group of shift of almost every kind. When paramedic Ellie witnessed a murder she insistis insisting on testifying even when the police tell her how dangerous it will be. She isn't interested in Witness Protection since she doesn't want to give up her life. That's where Hal comes in. He is assign to protect the brave woman but when he sees her he knows that he will do anything for her since she is his mate!
Fran Rice
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Exhaustion and Heat

Bear shifter, Hal, mets his human mate, Ellie, when he is hired to be her bodyguard after she witnessed a murder by the local godfather. Of course, as with mates, attraction was instant. I would of liked if there was more drama from the godfather, but I still loved it.
Kiri Murupaenga
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great Quick Read

Well now folk's, if your looking for a quick read, love hot sexy Bear shifters, enjoy a bit of action with a HEA, then look no further.
Once again Zoe Chant, has written another wonderful page turner.
Looking forward to the next Protection Inc story, Defender Dragon.
Renee Harold
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read

This story is fast paced; filled with suspense, action & romance. The sexy shifter is just icing on the cake. If your into shifter books with lots of action and characters falling quickly in love with their after mates then this is the book for YOU!!! I'm looking forward to reading the next book.
Esther Crummey
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a voluntary free ARC review

Loved the book and the author , a security bear shifter looks after a women paramedic who witnessed a murder in an ally. He finds out she is his mate at first meeting her they have to hide to protect themselves from the man who did the murder she saw committed . In the end the bad guys were convicted and they where happy
  • Bear Essentials (Bears of Blackrock #1)
  • Hex And Kisses (Hex and Sex, #3)
  • Under the Dragon's Spell (Fires of Fate, #1)
  • Bride Of The Dragon
  • The Master's Baby (Master of the City, #8)
  • King of the Asheville Coven (Winterset Coven #1)
  • Soul Mate for Sale (The Omega Auction Chronicles, #1)
  • Lorelei (Alpha Marked, #5)
  • Finding Her Bear (Bear Creek Clan, #2)
  • Blaze (Dragon's Destiny: Fated Mates #4)
Zoe Chant loves writing paranormal romance. Over a cup of tea (or something stronger) she whips up sexy tales of hunky heroes and adventurous heroines to tantalize and satisfy her readers. Sizzling hot romance, no cliffhangers!

While series should ideally be read in order, all of Zoe’s books are standalones and can be read in any order. This includes books within series.

To get a free book for subs

Protection, Inc. (6 books)
  • Defender Dragon (Protection, Inc., #2)
  • Protector Panther (Protection, Inc., #3)
  • Warrior Wolf (Protection, Inc., #4)
  • Leader Lion (Protection, Inc., #5)
  • Soldier Snow Leopard (Protection, Inc., #6)
“You’re so beautiful after you make love.” 0 likes