Start by marking “The Ground Beneath (Return to Earth #2)” as Want to Read:
The Ground Beneath (Return to Earth #2)

The Ground Beneath

(Return to Earth #2)

Samantha Casey has been burned by love. She’s determined to remain single and keep a safe distance from any and all female temptations. Her plan is derailed when Jessica Walker strikes a barter deal with her that includes dinner together every night for a month. Jessica’s never been in love, but her sights are set on Sam. Night after night, in the face of Jessica’s beauty ...more
ebook, Smashwords
Published July 20th 2015 by Bold Strokes Books

To ask other readers questions about The Ground Beneath, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ground Beneath

Start your review of The Ground Beneath (Return to Earth #2)
Lex Kent
Oct 12, 2016 rated it liked it
This is a novella that takes place in Vaun's Return to Earth universe. Book 1, All Things Rise, had quite a few characters that left you wanting to know, what happened to them? Sweet Jessica Walker, was one of them.
I really liked the love story between Jess and Sam. For a book only around a 100 pages, you cared for them and wanted them to be happy. My problem with novellas is that they normally seemed rushed, I didn't get that feeling here. It felt like a full story, which was nice.
Trigger warni
Tara
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars. This was fun and sweet and great. Takes place entirely on the ground in the same world where All Things Rise takes place.
Justina Johnson
Oct 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: f-f, sci-fi, romantic
This is a wonderful complementary story to 'All Things Rise'. Two communities are presented where one exists on the planet surface, and one is constructed and maintained far above the surface of the planet in what is called a cloud community. The first book of this series revolved around one of the most beautiful love stories I had the pleasure of reading. This book takes place exclusively on the planet, where life is often harsh yet friends and neighbors are by and large supportive, friendly, a ...more
Regina
Aug 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is more like a add-on than a full book since it's only 100 pages, but the couple here (Jessica and Sam) isn't as interesting as the couple in All Things Rise (Cole and Audrey), which is probably why 100 pages is already a stretch, lol.

Jessica is actually a minor character from All Things Rise and I got the book because I thought it was another character (Jessie the maverick pilot oops). Well, this romance is even more straightforward than I expected. Young girl is attracted to older girl,
Heather Henkel
May 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice quick read

This was a short story that packed a lot into it. I was a good story and I enjoyed reading it.
Tq
Jul 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Nice novella. Looking forward to reading more from this author.
Gina
Aug 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, ebook
I admit, I jumped into this book with gusto because I enjoyed All Things Rise so much. And I'm glad I did.

This follow-up book is just as enjoyable and entertaining as the first. While not a direct sequel, The Ground Beneath features characters from All Things Rise and provides the reader with a deeper look into Jessica Walker's life. But fans of All Things Rise will be happy to see Cole and Audrey again in a different capacity.

The Ground Beneath is more of pure romance. Yes there is some adventu
Loek Krancher
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fantastic and captivating love story!

This is an outstanding love story and it's set in a great environment. It's well written with characters that felt so real. It's all about faith, hope, trust and love. I like this book so much that I've purchased immediately All Things Rise. What a first acquaintance with this author! I definitely recommend this to anyone.
KEL
Nov 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really great read

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I found myself drawn to the characters and would like to see their story continue at some point. This is my first time reading this author's work and I will definitely be reading more by her. Thank you for a great read.
KA
Dec 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another sweet romance. Loved it!
Netty
Jill Sorenson
Jun 30, 2016
Holly
Aug 28, 2018

• Before Her (The One #1)
  • Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk
  • The Last Conversation (Forward collection)
  • Ark
  • Holy Hell
  • Damn Straight
  • Whatever... Love is Love: Questioning the Labels We Give Ourselves
  • Lucky Stiff
  • The Fated Sky (Lady Astronaut, #2)
  • Lightning Strikes (Lightning, #1)
  • Lightning Chasers (Lightning, #2)
  • Outcaste (Chronicles of Alsea, #6)
Missouri Vaun is a two-time Golden Crown Literary Society award-winning lesbian romance writer published by Bold Strokes Books. Her latest novel, CHASING SUNSET, is a sexy rom-com road trip.

Vaun spent a large part of her childhood in southern Mississippi, before attending high school in North Carolina and college in Tennessee. Strong connections to her roots in the rural South have been a groundi

Return to Earth (3 books)
  • The Time Before Now (Return to Earth #0.5)
  • All Things Rise (Return to Earth #1)
  • Valley of Fire (Return to Earth #3)