Start by marking “The Faarian Chronicles: Exile” as Want to Read:
The Faarian Chronicles: Exile

Read Book* *Different edition

The Faarian Chronicles: Exile

Embrace the Alien Within.

Fifteen-year-old Sunny Price dreams of being an Olympic gymnast, but thanks to the worst custody agreement in the universe, she finds out she’s half-alien and is exiled to her absentee-mother’s home planet. She has to give up her friends and elite gymnastics career to live with a mother who only wants to give orders? This. Sucks.

When Sunny arrives
ebook
Published July 10th 2015 by Smashwords Edition (first published June 27th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Faarian Chronicles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Faarian Chronicles

Start your review of The Faarian Chronicles: Exile
Beth Skye Denny
Jun 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: scifi, young-adult, own
What could be worse than being sent to a parent you’ve never met? One who is an alien.
Sunny is 15 (going on 16) years old and though tall adept at gymnastics. Yes, her schooling is done by a hologram and she has to dye her green hair, but she’s happy. But her mother has requested custody of her and she’s taken across the galaxy. Her new life is foreign and unforgiving, her mother uninterested and cold. Why is she even there?
Soon the dangers of the planet are made manifest and only years of
Renita
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun, imaginative, engaging, easy to read, and definitely a page turner! I absolutely enjoyed every second of this book and I cannot wait to read more about Sunny and the other Faarians.

I received this book for free from eBook Discovery. I voluntarily review this book. This is my honest review.
Ann O'Nymos
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, hiddengem, bookviser
This is the first book in a three book series and be prepared to get hooked on! It doesn't end on a cliffhanger but there is lots more to resolve.
It was a bit confusing at the beginning to get into the story and if I hadn't know it is about alien-humans it would have been more difficult. But this is far more than an alien story. It is a YA theme and the main character is very believable and likable.

I like Sunny because she is very strong and doesn't give in when people expect something else
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely loved the story of Sunny and her reunion with her mother. A very creative world built. Sunny raised on Earth with her father is forced to give up her dreams and go live with her mother whom she has never met on another planet. She is incredibly unhappy at this turn of events and the mother who seems so uncaring. As time goes by she learns to appreciate both the extended family she now lives and works with and also is beginning to care deeply for her mother. I especially enjoyed the ...more
Harvest McCampbell
Fun, imaginative, engaging, easy to read, and definitely a page turner!

If you are looking for a gift for a teenage girl who likes to read and has an interest in cats, adventure, science fiction, fantasy, or fantastic fiction? Check this one out!

It is definitely written for young adults of the female persuasion. None the less I enjoyed it and I am looking forward to the next title in the series . . .

The author is from Pacific County, WA; and the book is available through our local library
Jul 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was quite a fun read! Without going too in depth to the plot to avoid spoilers, Sunny is an interesting narrator with believable and sympathetic concerns. As a reader, going with her from her familiar home to the complete unknown and working through the culture shock, politics, and the struggle to fit in and make new friends in a society that is so completely alien (pun intended) was an interesting ride. Supporting characters range from a lot of fun to the kind you love to hate. It'll ...more
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved every second of this book! I read it cover-to-cover. I cannot wait for more in the series! Why was I so enthralled?

Sunny's predicament, the custody arrangement between her parents, takes her completely away from her known teenaged life and thrusts her into a politically volatile, culturally alien existence that she must navigate almost entirely on her own. The author deftly guides us through Sunny's strange new reality with the perfect mixture of tenderness, humor, and trepidation. I
Tamara
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Green haired half earthling, totally awesome girl.

Omg, love this book. At first I thought the main character was too spoiled and used to getting her way, but I love the way the author shows her slow change for her new world. I also love how the main character shows that she will do anything to get what she wants and then starts to see maybe there is more to want then what she originally thought she wanted.

This book has some interesting people and creatures in it. If you enjoy fantasy and alien
Laurie Ryan
Sep 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love fresh new ideas and this one was awesome. A whole new world for me to explore. It's well-explained, well-rounded, and, well, I honestly loved it. Sunny is believable and real whether she's teenager or ninja. The world is rife with conflict, as are the characters. I just picked up book two. Guess I'll be reading more Faarian Chronicles tomorrow.
Jackie Casella
Apr 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm excited to see this series as a whole when complete. Tully manages to execute the teen girl angst tone with perfection while simultaneously presenting a work of sci fi that is fun and approachable for youth audiences.
The world she weaves is compelling and believable.
I highly recommend for young readers.
Stephanie
An excellent start to the series! I loved this story and the characters so much I couldn't put it down!! Alien Planet, Vampires, Action, Adventure, Teen Drama, and of course un-fair parentals ;) This story has something for everyone teens to adults.

I was gifted an ARC in return of an honest review.
Rick
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For the young adult? Yes! But I'm an "older" adult and thoroughly enjoyed it. Great voices, pacing, characters, scene-setting...it all just worked.
Debbie Gillies
Aug 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book! An easy and fun read that completely captured my imagination! Loved it!
Boyko Ovcharov
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Interesting YA read!

Imaginative and creative, search of oneself in an unusual sci-fi environment, strong female roles with a bit of feline touch.
Jenna
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Harris Tully’s writing is accessible and engaging; I read much of it in one sitting (and even when I did have to set it down, I couldn’t stop thinking about it). The world building in this novel is, in my opinion expansive and rather fresh.
I was painfully empathetic with the young-teen MC, Sunny’s, fish-out-of-water experience as she leaves everything she’s ever known and all the dreams she has for herself to join her absentee mother on her home planet where resource scarcity, politics,
Boneta Campbell
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading this science fiction book. I will be encouraging students at school to read it. I enjoyed learning about the Afaar culture that Karen has created and I now need to buy the other two books in this trilogy because the cliffhanger is dramatic and I need to find out what happens. I appreciated that the author uses the viewpoint of the teenage girl to advance the story. Sunny is not only trying to determine how this society works and her place in it but also trying to sort out the ...more
Jean
Aug 11, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great writing & character development but i hate bullies

The author does a great job of story telling & character development, but I hate bullies. Well, stories with bullies, unfair, or corrupt systems where the lead character is a victim and needs saving. Such unfairness just makes me so angry that I have to stop reading until I cool off. Hence the great story telling. The author wrote so well that I got angry over the unfair treatment of a fictional character.

I think a lot of the parts
Kysha
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: digital-book
A new take on the divorced parents/forced relocation theme and also on the alien worlds visiting Earth theme.
I wasn't too fond of either Sunny or the General. Both of them are so stubborn that they never develop much of a relationship. I like Thal and of course John has potential. The other characters were so typical that I felt nothing for them. I dislike the twins greatly.
I am intrigued by the politics of the different areas on the planet. The Foundation reminds me of Umbrella Corp. That
InkFire
The ideas behind this book are really good, but the execution was a little unpolished. All in all, a fun read, but not one I'm likely to re-read. You can find my full review over on wampusbooks.wordpress.com. :) Happy reading.
Calli
Sep 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
I'd probably give this a three plus, or a four minus, and I think the YA target group would really enjoy it. It was quirky enough to keep my interest, and I will keep an eye out for the next one. I was curious to read this book, as the author now lives in the little town I grew up in, I babysat her husband a couple of times when he was a kid, and I worked with her father-in-law fighting forest fires.
Natasha
It's a quick read that will satisfy the female ya audience.
megan obarowski
Lindsey Rinehart
Sep 17, 2015
Aaron L Hanks
Oct 05, 2018

• Eve (Eternal Daughter #1)
  • Love Comes Softly (Love Comes Softly, #1)
  • Sword and Pen (The Great Library, #5)
  • Renia's Diary: A Holocaust Journal
  • These Broken Stars (Starbound, #1)
  • Miranda in Milan
  • Imago (Xenogenesis, #3)
  • Adulthood Rites (Xenogenesis, #2)
Karen Harris Tully creates elaborate worlds for her novels aided by her bachelor’s in political science and economics from WWU. She’s the author of The Faarian Chronicles Trilogy The Faarian Chronicles: Exile, The Faarian Chronicles: Inheritance, and The Faarian Chronicles: Extinction, published by Blue Zephyr Press. She is also the author of Soldier, Princess, Rebel Spy, a novella in Galactic ...more