Start by marking “NYPD Red 4 (NYPD Red, #4)” as Want to Read:
NYPD Red 4 (NYPD Red, #4)

NYPD Red 4

(NYPD Red #4)

A jewel heist. A murdered actress. A killer case for NYPD Red.

In a city where crime never sleeps, NYPD Red is the elite task force called in when a case involves the rich, famous and connected. Detectives Zach Jordan and Kylie MacDonald are the best of the best – brilliant and tireless investigators who will stop at nothing to catch a criminal, even if it means
Hardcover, Large Print, 379 pages
Published January 25th 2016 by Little, Brown and Company

To ask other readers questions about NYPD Red 4, please sign up.
Oswaldo Reyes I am an avid reader and book collector. James Patterson is my favorite writer. I have every book he has ever written,all in hardcover. I have my own…moreI am an avid reader and book collector. James Patterson is my favorite writer. I have every book he has ever written,all in hardcover. I have my own private library in my home. I have read every book he has written in all 5 of his series. NYPD is definitely one of my favorites, being that i live here in NYC. In reference to your question. No, you don't have to read them in order, but it will definitely help you understand more about NYPD RED. (less)
Steven The 5th in the series is titled "Red Alert". It was published in 2018.

Start your review of NYPD Red 4 (NYPD Red, #4)
Tim
Apr 19, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The only reason this gets 3 stars is because of Ann and a good ending. Patterson needs to leave the boring, insecure couples and their issues out of his stories. Who cares? 5 of 10 stars!
Stacy
I like this series but I officially dislike Kylie. She used police resources and time for her own personal problems and dragged Zach into it, knowing it could affect his job and relationship with Cheryl. Zach, you're a putz. Get some boundaries. Cheryl, walk away now.

I loved Annie, the senior citizen con woman. I hope she shows up in the series again, even if just briefly.
Brandy
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoy this series; mostly due to the dynamite duo of Jordan and MacDonald. They make me laugh as I read!

Yes, I know and I admit, a Patterson is the type of reads I go to when I want some “mindless” reading pleasure. The story lines are always exciting but not too thought taxing and I find myself turning page after page. I finished this one in a day! So, with that said, I give NYPD Red 4.5 stars.
Sandra
Oct 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
A solid thriller.

Highly entertaining with lots of action. I like the camaraderie and banter between the two protagonists, Zach Jordan and Kylie MacDonald. They have more cases to solve than they can handle, but ofcourse it all works out in the end.
Brenda
When a movie star was killed for the exquisite necklace she was wearing, NYPD Red was called in – led by Detective Zach Jordan and partner Detective Kylie MacDonald, they would work tirelessly until the culprits were caught. But this case wouldn’t be easy and as the body count rose, Zach and Kylie felt they were working 24/7, to the detriment of their personal lives.

When Kylie and Zach were called to the mayor’s house, they didn’t expect another case to be handed to them. But this one had to be
Suzanne
Was more into the personal relationships of Kylie and Zach then I was the crime plot honestly. I really loved the first three books of the series but this one I had some trouble really enjoying. It was not bad but sometimes I’m just not into heists. For me the personal lives aspect of the characters was what kept me interested in finishing the book.

My quick and simple overall: quick read, only takes a handful of hours to read it. If you like reading about heists you will probably like the crime
Mike French
Dec 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another entertaining and enjoyable book in the NYPD RED series!
Monnie
Mar 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Red is, for those who don't know, an elite NYPD task force that caters to the exceptionally well-heeled. When the crime is of a sensitive nature (meaning, often, that the political powers-that-be want it wrapped up in plain brown paper and buried under City Hall before the press gets wind of it), the team - notably Detectives Zach Jordan and Kylie MacDonald - is called in to do their thing. As the title suggests, this is the fourth book in the series, all co-written by Marshall Karp. I hope that ...more
~Bellegirl91~
Jul 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So new review and with a re-read of this series, the couple 4 star ratings of some of these is moving to a 5 star because they're seriously getting soooooooooooooo much better the second time through. And now I'm STOKED to finally be on book 5 and on audio with the Libby app this time.

As usual, Zach Jordan and Kylie MacDonald are just wow! And to have Kylie's personal story as a main personal life side story was better this second time, and Zach just cracks me up with his love life and
Linda Strong
May 21, 2016 rated it really liked it

Detectives Zack Jordan and Kylie MacDonald work in the elite task forced assigned to protect the rich, the famous, and the connected. Jordan and MacDonald are the best of the best.

It's another fancy movie premiere when a starlet, dripping in diamonds on loan, is the target of a theft and winds of dead. There are many, many witnesses, but no suspects.

At the same time hospitals all over the city are reporting thefts ... not drugs, but medical equipment ... equipment that costs millions of dollars.
Heather
From the start of the series I hated Kylie MacDonald. That has not changed other than maybe hating her more. I think she is the most cliché character ever. The “badass female cop who thinks she is better and smarter than everyone else. The hothead, top of her class, “bad cop” to the man’s “good cop””. The writing of her character comes across so juvenile and low-rent. I can’t figure out why Patterson or Karp feels the need to have this type of character. I also can’t figure out why four books ...more
David
Feb 02, 2016 rated it liked it
I enjoy the banter between the two main characters Kylie and Zach, but a thin multi-pronged plotline, and quite frankly (IMO), not as good as the first three books in the series.
Nicolas
Jan 31, 2016 rated it liked it
I go into the Red books with lowered expectations, but even so, this story seemed a little light. It's a much smaller case than they usually work on. I also think it was a mistake to get them bogged down with that superfluous hospital theft sub plot. Overall I enjoyed it, but it's a step down from the other books in the series.

For better or worse, we discuss all things James Patterson in this special episode of the All the Books Show podcast: https://soundcloud.com/allthebooks/ep...
Suzanne the Bookaholic and Proud
fast - paced action packed book,
yet again how do you ever fault a james patterson book, loved it all, the plot, the characters, all of it, not much to say apart from bravo Mr patterson, hope to read nypd 5 soon, I hope
Tim
Mar 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Matt
May 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook
Patterson and Karp return to tantalise readers with another high-impact NYPD Red thriller, sure to get the heart pumping. A movie actress is murdered on her way to a premiere and a one-of-a-kind necklace is stolen, which brings the NYPD's elite squad out to solve the case. Red caters to the needs of the upper crust of New York society, though Detectives Zach Jordan and Kyle MacDonald seek justice before glamour. As they pick through the few clues on scene, the mayor summons Jordan and MacDonald ...more
Book Addict Shaun
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
NYPD Red 4 already? It seems like only yesterday that I read the first in the series and loved it. This is definitely one of my favourite series from the James Patterson machine. For those new to the series you can easily pick this up and read it standalone, but I am enjoying the character development of Zach Jordan and Kylie MacDonald and so highly recommend reading them in order.

As is always the case with James Patterson's crime series, his main characters aren't just up against one case.
Mahoghani 23
There's nothing like a good James Patterson book; especially in series form. Once again, Detective Jordan and McDougal are on the case and this time, they're working two cases simultaneously. Not only are they out trying to solve crimes, they are also trying to resolve issues in their personal lives.

This story was mainly about greed. The greed of two brothers and the style of living they were accustomed to. It also dealt with understanding how people think and feel. It was full of snide
Sara
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-books
The always dependable James Patterson teams up again with Marshall Karp for the latest installment in their NYPD Red series. In his trademark, 2-3 pages per chapter clip, Detective Zach Jordan and his partner Kylie MacDonald are called in to solve a jewel robbery which resulted in the murder of a glamorous young actress. Their efforts are complicated by the theft of medical devices from several of the city's hospitals, which the new mayor wants to keep as quiet as possible. Zach has just started ...more
Cecily Kyle
I really am enjoying this series, but the love triangle was getting a little over done throughout the novel. I liked the book but it wasn't my favorite of the NYPD RED so far.
Good read!
Donna Lewis
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Well it might not be great literature, and actually, it might not even be believable, but the mad adventures of the NYC elite NYPD Red are certainly entertaining. I especially liked the crazy old coot con woman Annie Ryder.
Jackie Gray
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
James Patterson is one of the best mystery writers. The series NYPD Red is worth reading.
Cheryl
Mar 03, 2016 rated it liked it
I have read all four books in this series, and I must say that this book was my least favorite. Don't get me wrong...it was full of action and mystery. I just didn't enjoy the second case that the detectives had to solve about the missing hospital equipment. It just felt like it wa thrown in there to take up some space. I did enjoy the con artist, Annie. Although how stupid could her son Teddy be. I mean really, he's a grown man and some of the comments he makes seemes like he is five years old. ...more
Wendy
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm so happy that I found a series by James Patterson that I really like. He has so many books and series going that are co-authored with other writers and none of them are worth reading and are nothing like the books he used to write in the beginning of his writing career.
This series started out pretty good and it just gets better and better with each new book. I love Kyllie and Zach, I like everything about them including their working relationship and what's going on in their private lives.
Marla Madison
Feb 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
A fast-moving read, with two interesting cases for the detectives to solve. A high profile death and a missing eight-million-dollar emerald necklace keep elite task force detectives Zach and MacDonald on the run. I enjoyed the escapade as they balanced solving that case with one dumped on them by the mayor, hospitals being robbed of expensive new instrumentation. The only part of the story I found annoying was the constant side-trips to rescue Kylie's drug-addicted husband. Had to side with ...more
BJ
I enjoyed this latest in the NYPD Red series. Zach and his partner Kylie are on a jewel heist that got a well-known actress killed, and then they are called in by the Mayor and her husband to solve thefts at local hospitals. In addition, both cops are having problems in their personal relationships which leads to an action packed story with them running from one end of Manhattan to the other and other boroughs as well. Enjoyable read.

MMD Challenge - Another Book published this year!
Cáitín
Oct 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
NYPD Red 4 was a good read but I have to say the more I read about Kylie MacDonald the more I would like to slap her, she puts both Zach and herself in danger of losing their jobs as well and killing Zach new relationship. With bodies hitting the floor and other mystery going on its a wonder tale and told well.

I am looking forward to seen what is coming next for these two .
Kerry
Jan 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love this series. Another great story with twists and turns, I love it when it makes me gasp! I didn't zoom thru this one like I usually do with Patterson, but that didn't mean it isn't a page turner.
Alasandra Alawine
Jul 27, 2017 rated it did not like it
Kylie spends a good bit of the book trying to track down her drug addicted husband, she finally finds him when he has almost OD'd on Heroine and barely gets him to the hospital on time. Sadly he checks himself out of the hospital and it looks as if Kylie and Spence are over for good.

As usual Jordan is caught between helping Kylie and his girlfriend Cheryl. At the end of the book he seems to have made the right decision but if Kylie truly is a free agent who knows if Jordan and Cheryl can
Goodreads Librari...: release date change 1 19 Sep 22, 2015 06:33AM

• NYPD Red 3: by James Patterson & Marshall Karp | Summary & Analysis
Official US Site
Official UK Site
JIMMY Patterson Books
ReadKiddoRead

James Patterson is the world’s bestselling author and most trusted storyteller. He has created more enduring fictional characters than any other novelist writing today, with his Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, Women’s Murder Club, Private, NYPD Red, Daniel X, Maximum Ride, and Middle School series. He has sold over 380 million books

NYPD Red (6 books)
  • NYPD Red (NYPD Red, #1)
  • NYPD Red 2 (NYPD Red, #2)
  • NYPD Red 3 (NYPD Red, #3)
  • Red Alert (NYPD Red, #5)
  • NYPD Red 6