Start by marking “#BabyLove: My Social Life” as Want to Read:
#BabyLove: My Social Life

#BabyLove: My Social Life

"Click." "Tap." Tag and post.

An adored baby tells a modern tale about life in today's digital world. #BabyLove: My Social Life highlights the social phenomena of sharing daily activities using technology and social networks.

A humorous look at raising a baby in the social age.
Paperback, 1st Edition, 36 pages
Published July 9th 2015 by My Art to Inspire

Chelsea Humphrey
This was a super cute little book that is a fairly accurate description of our times (whether you agree with living life that way or not). We all seem to be spending more time taking pictures of our kids and posting to social media than we probably should, but this book wasn't about the pros/cons of social media, just a short, entertaining read of life as a baby in this era. The book is great for early readers; my 3 yr old loves reading this and said it made her feel like "the biggest sister of ...more
Shoa Khan
This teeny picture book tells a modern-day story of what it's like for a baby to be raised by parents obsessed with social media networks.

The story is told from the POV of the baby, who faces the camera the moment he wakes up each morning, and how he feels that the clicks and shares and hashtags never really seem to stop.

However, this book merely draws attention to this ubiquitous phenomenon and does not really condemn it.
Paige
Feb 08, 2016 rated it it was ok
This adorable (and quite funny) book about babies and social media was perfect for a day and age where many parents and family members are putting out accounts on social media completely dedicated to their child. #BabyLove explores social media from a baby's point of view while providing hilarious rhymes and charming drawings.
Storywraps
Feb 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What an adorable book! What a true-to-life story this charming little read is.

I have to laugh as I look around and see the excitement, intense engagement, and pure delight parents are having by documenting every move, sneeze, facial expression and happening throughout their baby's day. Social Media certainly has changed the way we "view" our kids.

This delightful story, written in perfect rhyme was expressed from the baby's perspective. It is sure to entertain you and bring a smile to your face
Mymcbooks
Oct 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My Review: If you love posting and sharing your baby’s pictures and videos to Social Media then this book is for you. All day long, phones are out, trying to capture his famous pout. As his parents post pictures of him to social media, these pictures gets love hearts from auntie, mom and many others. There are picture of him reading, with Grams having breakfast, posing with relatives and friends, rolling over, crying, sleeping, giggling and making scrunchy faces, all for the camera, click, click ...more
Tamara
Dec 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens, fiction
#BabyLove: My Social Life is a book based on a baby’s life in today’s digital world and in my opinion the author NAILED IT . As a society we are using social media and basically putting everything ‘out there’ for the world to see. Not a day goes by where we don’t see a parent with a cell phone taking pictures of their kids and instantly uploading to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Sometimes though is does get to be a bit too much and after a while, you have a feeling that those kids are simpl ...more
Isobel Radakovic
Guest review on blog:
More social commentary than children's picture book, #BabyLove captures the ups and downs of having your life played out on social media. It shows the good times, the oversharing, the pride over public appropriation and the annoyance of becoming a performer for the camera. There is a reality check at bedtime but this is overpowered by the message that recording everything for posterity is worthwhile. The artwork is uncluttered and clear and the framing of the pictures good.
Kristine Hansen
This is one of those books that while the format is a picture book, is better suited to adults. With a gentle lyricism, a baby's day is presented - as seen through a cell phone camera and postings on social media.

What struck me about this book is how true this scenario feels. I've seen so much interaction - not just with babies, but with adults as well - as seen through a camera lens. In a sense it's somewhat sad, as I feel like everyone is just one step removed from the rest of the world, as t
On My Kindle BR
Apr 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: onmykindlebr
I received an e-copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

The first thing I noticed on the .mobi version of the book was how interactive it was. When you swipe as if you are turning the page, a text element of the page is enlarged. Consequent swipes will enlarge other text elements in the book until each all text on the page has "popped up," and you are advanced to the next page; even the emoticons and notifications on the illustrated devices were enlarged. This feature reminded me of t
Angelique Bodine
Nov 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
#BabyLove was a fun way of showing how social media surrounds babies these days. I have a love-hate relationship with social media, but I do love it for showing off my babies. We live far from family, so we love being able to easily share pictures of them. Anyway, it is no secret that babies are stars of social media, they have practically taken it over, so I loved how real this book was. The pictures were fun and simple and easy for my kids to understand and focus on. Just for reference's sake, ...more
Nayuleska
Jan 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is an accurate representation of what life can be for modern babies. It involves a lot of technology, heaps of photos and social network updates about what baby is doing. Everything seems centred on sharing what the baby is doing rather than it's family simply enjoying its presence and exploration of baby's new world. My traditionalist self is countered by understanding how important such photos and updates are for friends and family who can't necessarily be there all of the time. The ...more
Vanessa
Sep 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
#BabyLove is a picture book that illustrates the life of the modern baby. While this is a picture book that talks about a baby's life, it does seem to be more aimed towards adults. This didn't bother me though. :)

I thought it was a pretty accurate portrayal of today's parents and their children.I see this quite a bit with the parents that I babysit for or that I see around town. Not everyone is like this but it is to be expected in our digital world.

Anyways, #BabyLove was a pretty interesting
Carla Johnson-Hicks
Sep 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
This picture book is clearly aimed at adults as it explores the phenomenon of posting/sharing every aspect of this baby's life. From the waking moment, eating, sleeping, playing, walking etc. pictures are snapped and posted for family to follow as well as the rest of the world. A message that perhaps we should slow down and enjoy ourselves and the others around us without letting everyone know what we are doing every minute of every day. The pictures are adorable and hopefully the message to the ...more
Kelley
Aug 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another clever story and creatively illustrated children's book by Corine. The social media theme and how tied we are to our electronic devices is spot on with where we are as a society. The illustrations are fun and bright. The story is entertaining I believe for both kids and adults. Read this story and I'm sure you (adult) will see the message to put your phone down and live life and not through the camera lens. Bravo to this author for writing and illustrating another wonderful story!
Kristi Bernard
May 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Parents often use social media and other technology to share information about their lives. Through the eyes of a baby readers will see what his parents do with texting, video and pictures of his every move, all being shared on popular social media sites.

Young beginner readers will enjoy the rhyming simple sentences and colorful digital images. Readers, parents and caregivers will giggle as they recognize these strange habits that we are all guilty of.
Dawn Obrien
Jul 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Super cute children's book I read after winning off of Good Reads Giveaway. Nicely interesting and fun. I can't wait to read this to my grandson. A must have for all moms.
Kay
Mar 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
An easy read book for a child that lives in todays age of social media. Nowadays everything is captured by a digital device of some type and in this babies world its his everyday activities.
Denise
The age old camera has become the new cell phone. It seems to be in all aspects of our lives. Even babies seem to order their days by it.
Mel
Mar 15, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways, reviews
This book seems to be geared more towards adults with the storyline. The photos are well done. The story is rather sad in my eyes as it points out how much the baby hates having his photo taken all the time and put on social media. It points out how our society today is obsessed with media outlets and getting the most likes and painting your life as picture perfect. The ending was sweet and it is a cute little story. I don't know that kids would get the underlining meaning of the book but I thin ...more
Andretta Schellinger
This seems to be a book for children, and is written as such. However, the material is actually more of a look how we cherish cell phones and social media even more than we cherish our children. The constant attachment of the phone and wanting to record everything versus actually living life the way it is.

It is actually a little sad that this little baby's life is constantly being captured, instead of actually living it's life without the constant "facebook live" and the snapping of the camera.
Lis Ann - The Indigo Quill
See full review @ The Indigo Quill

In this time-relevant children's book, Corine Dehghanpisheh unveils the infant's perspective in a digital world where phones are constantly out snapping photos and taking videos to capture memories and share them on social media.

Although the theme of #BabyLove is pretty obvious, Dehghanpisheh keeps a fairly neutral platform through out the book. Her message is tastefully executed in a way that opens the reader's eyes to the extremity of social media and familie
Aeicha
Nov 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Corine Dehghanpisheh's #BabyLove: My Social Life is a hip, witty, and modern take on parents and social media. The author perfectly captures what it's like having an adorable baby in this social media age and wanting to share every precious, funny, and unforgettable moment of their little one's lives with the world...something I've been ALL too familiar with since my niece (now 2 years old) was born. With a gaggle of grandparents, aunties, uncles, and her mama and daddy of course, my sweet niece ...more
Lisa Cobb Sabatini
Apr 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I won #BabyLove: My Social Life, written and illustrated by Corine Dehghanpisheh, from Goodreads.

#BabyLove: My Social Life by Corine Dehghanpisheh is a fun look at modern life for babies. While reminding parents that there is so much more to life that I'd important for developing babies, this colorful, easy to read children's book examines the moments that parents enjoy photographing their children anf sharing on social media.
Adults and children will enjoy reading #BabyLove: My Social Life, and,
zapkode
{My thoughts} – I enjoyed reading through this interesting take on what a baby may think about their day. It is probably true to form in our house, I am always taking pictures of my infant daughter, she is just so cute and adorable, I love being able to capture all the special moments in her life. I enjoy being able to share those moments with family and friends.

I am thankful for social media honestly, because without it, I don’t think family would ever see pictures of my kids, due to how far aw
Sue
I won this book in a Goodreads give-away. (Thanks!)

This book was cute. It's obviously about how often and in what ways phones are used in the course of a baby's day.
Monica Lasarre
Mar 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
#BabyLove impressed me from the start because of its clever, hashtagged title, and continued to keep me entertained with bright, fun illustrations and a story in rhyme. Having been a mom myself to two children just as smartphones came into vogue, I could relate to the concept that social media is now an inevitable part of capturing and sharing our children's lives. It was particularly authentic that even baby gets tired of the clicks and flashes and needs a break, and that bedtime snuggles witho ...more
Saba N  Taylor
Mar 08, 2016 rated it liked it
When baby wakes up, his day begins with a click. Likes, hearts and thumb ups follow him throughout the day as his parents snap, record and post his every move to social media and networks. A modern day tale from the point of view of a baby showcases how we use (and in my own personal opinion, sometimes overuse) technology and social media to stay connected with family and friends. I believe parents who enjoy capturing and sharing their children’s milestones and activities will find #BabyLove My ...more
Kid Lit Reviews
Mar 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, 2016-reviews
An infant tells of life in the digital world. All day long, from the time he wakes up until he falls asleep at night, phones click and post, click and post. For friends, and especially family, social media plays is a ubiquitous part of their lives. Followers—thanks to various hashtags—know when the baby wakes, eats, plays, sleeps, giggles, wiggles, and listens to a book at reading time. The baby understands what is going on and what his expectations are: to look adorable for the family and frien ...more
Melissa
Nov 10, 2015 rated it liked it
While this is a picture book, it is clearly intended for an adult audience.

It tells the tale of one day in a baby's life, filled with its parents taking an endless stream of videos and pictures to post to social media. It was presented as very matter-of-fact, and did not condemn the practice per se, but it really sheds light on the baby's perspective (and as a woman who is not yet a parent it really was shocking to think about - babies need love and attention, not a phone pointed at them at all
Melanie Adkins
Mar 03, 2016 rated it liked it
This book gives you a look at social media through a baby's eyes. The child is unsure why all the tapping and tweeting is going on. Why there are many photos taken.

A fun book for wee ones! The illustrations and story are simply wonderful. Your child might not understand it, but they will love hearing the story over and over.

I found no issues.

I gave this one 3 cheers out of 5 because it is extremely short. ~Copy of book provided by author in exchange for a fair review~
Noreen Fredriksen
I won this book from goodreads. A baby tells a story about what his day is like in a digital world. It is a cute, colorful, and pretty accurate book.
Debbie
Feb 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
#BabyLove is a delightful children’s book, a day in the life of a very tech savvy family and their social tot. Its page after page of life through the lens of a smart phone camera, detailing smiles, frowns, triumphs and tantrums and sharing all those experience on all the social sites.
While adults will be the ones to really understand the idea of photo-bombing and posting family events/daily life 24/7 on our social sites but the tale is told in the music modulation that children love listening t
Charity
Nov 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
For full review please go to: 5girlsbookreviews.blogspot.com, Twitter @camartinez and Facebook "5 Girls Book Reviews"

REVIEW BY: Angelina, age 9 years, 1 month

MAY CONTAIN SPOILER:

I loved this book! It is about a baby that wakes up and then starts taking pictures of everything he does and posting them on social media sites!

My favorite picture is when he took a picture at daycare! I would like the author of this book, Ms. Dehghanpisheh, to contact me because I have some ideas, but I can't say them
Rebecca
Jan 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Super cute!
Melanie
Jan 05, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: picture-books
I found this book kind of disturbing, really. The only time the baby is held throughout the entire day is when the family does a family picture. Otherwise, the parents really only interact with their baby through their screens. If the baby had revolted or gotten upset about this, I would have liked this book much better, but since it seemed to be praising the parents for treating their baby as nothing more than a cute object to photograph, I just couldn't get behind it.
Kristina Aziz
Aug 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This childrens book aimed at digital parents is funny and adorable. Definitely a stocking stuffer for parents who fill their feeds with 80 baby pictures a day. I got an e-arc free from netgalley, and the pictures translated well on my mobile kindle app. So even if you have too many facebook parent friends to get them all physical copies, gifting an e-copy will work just as well (who knows, they may be more likely to read the kindle version!)
Billie
Jul 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
This small book received free from the author captures a modern mothers new found ways to share the love of their baby.

In the old days; pre 2010, the only people you could share this joy with is your family and friends. Now you share that joy through countless technologies with the world. The definition of a proud Mom has been magnified multiple times.

A great little book with a big message.
Dawn
Nov 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book for an honest review.

#BabyLove: My Social Life is a delightful children’s book about the life of a baby in our modern world of social media. It is so true! As an adult, I was entertained and I know young children will like the bright and colorful illustrations.

This would be a great book for new parents who love those phones!
Jodi Daprano
Jan 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I like the modern concept captured in the book. The parents are so proud of their little one and want to share this with their friends and family. They are also capturing special moments as the child is growing up. I can relate even with my older children. It is so easy to snap photos and record now to have memories for a lifetime. Very original read.
Barbara White
Jul 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
#BabyLove: My Social Life is a cute story. I believe the story is the way some parents conduct their lives around their children, no matter what the age. The colors throughout the book are fantastic. I have a relative that is perfect to receive a copy of #BabyLove: My Social Life.
Thanks to Goodreads First Reads for a copy of this book.
Mrs Mommy Booknerd http://mrsmommybooknerd.blogspot.com
3.5 stars MY THOUGHTS:
Definitely original #BabyLove is a look into the digital world from a baby's point of view. It is an eye opening story about living your days looking through a device into he world and not embracing the moments as they happen! Truthfully it made me want to put my phone away! 3.5 stars
Claire
Jul 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received #BabyLove as part of a Goodreads giveaway.

A very cute picture book (whether it's more for kids or grownups is up to you) about childhood in the age of social media. Fun, bright illustrations and simple, funny text. Special thanks to the author for autographing my copy!
Kristine Hall
Adults reading this brightly illustrated book will be nodding their heads in agreement and chuckling over hashtags as one modern baby's day is documented, start to finish. Full review on Hall Ways blog http://kristinehallways.blogspot.com/...
Natalie
Jul 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Entered the drawing for something new for my son. He enjoyed the book and thought it was cute. It is now part of a growing collection of books. Very cute view of technology from a baby's perspective. Pokes a little fun at how much we live through our phones and social media.
Kasey Cocoa
Aug 30, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I'm a bit confused as to the purpose of this book. It's not really aimed at a baby, yet it has nicely composed illustrations that might appeal to younger eyes. The pages look computer generated, not hand drawn. The wording is very simple, like one would expect in a baby/toddler book, but the subject isn't really relevant to a baby/toddler. I could see this setup as part of a memory book with images of your child as they go from infant to toddler and beyond, but the way it is just lacks on so man ...more
Poongothai
Oct 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: children
Its a book making fun of the adults who love to use the social media from morning to night. It shows how contant clicking of kid's photo will affect him. It was a fun read though.

Thanks to Netgalley

• Escucha Means Listen
  • On Mother's Lap
  • Baby Santa and the Missing Reindeer
  • The Grudge Keeper
Corine Dehghanpisheh is an award winning author, whose own family life serves as inspiration for her fun and engaging children’s books. She holds a Master’s Degree in Creative Arts Therapy & Creative Development from Pratt Institute in New York City.

Ms. Dehghanpisheh currently resides in Dallas, Texas with her family. There she continues to write the #BabyLove series, focused on the blending