Start by marking “The Retail Therapist” as Want to Read:
The Retail Therapist

The Retail Therapist

"Window shopping! Don’t you just hate the term?
It is like going into a sweet shop and not being able to buy anything, or not knowing what to buy first. That is exactly my line of business, helping people make the right choice.
I’m one of those fashion consultants that are so popular nowadays amongst the upper crust, although I started ages ago. Choosing the right clothes
ebook, First Edition, 139 pages
Published June 23rd 2015 by Skittish Endeavours

To ask other readers questions about The Retail Therapist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Retail Therapist

Linsey
Aug 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A ray of sunshine on an emotional weekend :)
Holly
Jul 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Originally reviewed for Bookaholic Confessionst

After loving every minute of Blue and Green Should Never Be Seen (Or So Mother Says) I was massively excited about reading its prequel, The Retail Therapist.

GiGi ranks amongst some of my all-time favourite fictional characters and I couldn’t wait to become re-acquainted with her and her shopping addiction, only this time we are going back in time see how it all started off for GiGi before she became the successful fashion consultant that she is toda
Sandra
Sep 18, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. This was a good story which dealt with a number of current issues and focused on GiGi who was trying to build her business as a personal shopper/style consultant. The story was well-written and easy to read but i felt it was rushed as it covered about 8 months in 136 pages. There were quite a few characters mentioned but none of them made much of an impact because they were only in the story briefly. There were a few occasions where i had to think about what was happening in the story ...more
Kate Beth Heywood
Sep 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book, although I was tempted halfway through to throw the book down. But only because it had made me want to go out shopping! However, I resisted the temptation and continued the book :). Fabulous story and I really enjoyed Colette's writing style too. Looking forward to reading 'Blue and Green Should Never be Seen' next!
Book-shelf Shelf
Oct 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Gigi is a personal shopper with an amazing talent. She seems to get people and know what they need before they do, her business is slow but gradually she gets more commissions and takes on her best friend. together they are unstoppable. A lovely light read, perfect for holidays
Annie McDonnell
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This novella is reminiscent of the brilliant works of the author Steena Holmes. This is a huge compliment, as I have read all of Steena’s books and novella’s and it is such a pleasure to get to know characters on a deeper level. I can say that without a doubt, Colette Kebell has the same gift. Her novella, “The Retail Therapist”, which is the prequel to “Blue and Green Should Never Be Seen (Or so Mother Says)”, Colette Kebell, takes us to the birthing of GiGi’s Personal Shopping business. After ...more
Grace J Reviewerlady
Jul 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Gigi has had her fair share of mundane jobs and finally settles on being a personal shopper - and not the kind you find in department stores either. This is a real insight into her world .. funny, giggle-out-loud moments along with a few lows which all add up to one fabulous read!
Only one complaint - there's not enough of it. I would point out, though, that the book is a lot longer that the page count given by Amazon. I cannot wait to read Blue and Green Should Never be Seen! (Or So Mother Says)
Karen
Oct 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a really cute story and I'm really glad I won this book as I would have missed out on an wonderful story. Follow GiGi as she learns how to be a fashion consultant or actually falls into it. As she really wasn't in love with her rat race job this becomes the perfect oppourtunity for her to start her own business. Meet her best friend Ritchie as he joins her in her business adventure.
Cathy McGough
Sep 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
I picked up Colette's book recently and I really enjoyed the main character named Gigi. She's addicted to shopping herself and so uses her talents to make others look awesome. If you like Sophie Kinsella's Shopaholic series then you'll definitely enjoy The Retail Therapist!
Rose English
Oct 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Book 38 of my Goodreads Challenge

An enjoyable read with the main character GiGi a retail therapist dressing the rich and famous, and helping them to embrace their bodies and their personalities.

I loved that her friend Ritchie came on board to help out too. I shed a tear or three when his story came to light.

Worth checking out.
Michelle
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. I consider it a rather light read and found myself actually smiling several times. The author has a provided the main character a great sense of humor!
Mandi
The Retail Therapist by Colette Kebell

This story was a free download onto my Kindle. It tells the story of Gigi, a legal secretary who loves fashion & buying clothes. She turns her love of clothes into a business by becoming a Personal Shopper, along with her best friend.

This is a very quick read, the only negative thing is that for a very short story, it spreads over quite a few months. I feel that there are chunks missing which could have been explored in so much more detail with a longer
D.G. Kaye
Jul 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
What's a girl to do when she loves to shop, and is bored with her office job? She uses her skills to become a personal shopper.
A cute story about ambition to follow her dream, Gigi's struggle to get her business going with the help of a few friends brings her dream to fruition. A similar premise to Kinsella's Shopaholic series.
joanne lockyer
Jul 28, 2017
Audrey
Aug 14, 2015
Colette Kebell
Jun 24, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Booklover
Paula Jayne
Frances Andrews
Samantha Ann
Jun 24, 2015
After being a Legal Secretary for about 10 years, Colette was on the hunt to find something else that she would find just as interesting. She found that in writing and she hopes you like what you read. She loves fashion with a passion (pardon the pun) and therefore it is not surprising that her debut novel was going to follow that theme.

Her debut novel was “Blue and Green Should Never Be Seen!” w