Start by marking “The Retail Therapist” as Want to Read:
The Retail Therapist

The Retail Therapist

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  47 ratings  ·  30 reviews
"Window shopping! Don’t you just hate the term?
It is like going into a sweet shop and not being able to buy anything, or not knowing what to buy first. That is exactly my line of business, helping people make the right choice.
I’m one of those fashion consultants that are so popular nowadays amongst the upper crust, although I started ages ago. Choosing the right clothes
ebook, First Edition, 139 pages
Published June 23rd 2015 by Skittish Endeavours

To ask other readers questions about The Retail Therapist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Retail Therapist

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of The Retail Therapist
Linsey
Aug 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A ray of sunshine on an emotional weekend :)
Holly
Jul 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Originally reviewed for Bookaholic Confessionst

After loving every minute of Blue and Green Should Never Be Seen (Or So Mother Says) I was massively excited about reading its prequel, The Retail Therapist.

GiGi ranks amongst some of my all-time favourite fictional characters and I couldn’t wait to become re-acquainted with her and her shopping addiction, only this time we are going back in time see how it all started off for GiGi before she became the successful fashion consultant that she is toda
Andi
Jun 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
A fun short story.
I thought that this was a fun story, with a few laughs along the way, I liked Richie, thought he was good fun. Gigi was growing on me.
The narrator was easy to listen to.
All in all a good book to listen to. Would recommend.
Sandra
Sep 18, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. This was a good story which dealt with a number of current issues and focused on GiGi who was trying to build her business as a personal shopper/style consultant. The story was well-written and easy to read but i felt it was rushed as it covered about 8 months in 136 pages. There were quite a few characters mentioned but none of them made much of an impact because they were only in the story briefly. There were a few occasions where i had to think about what was happening in the story ...more
Terry
Apr 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Audiobook review

I listened to this while I was sewing & it filled my time perfectly.

Gigi has gone up the ladders to a retail therapist. Via personal shopper.
It’s a perfect job for her since she loves to shop & now enjoys helping people.

It’s a feel good book, yes it does twang your heart strings at times but it’s a lovely story & is narrated really well.

Thoroughly enjoyed it
Lindsay
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
AUDIOBOOK
What a fun audio book. The characters were warm and witty and I really wanted friends like Gigi and Ritchie in my life. It is a really great read and the story it touching and funny and won’t disappoint. I also thought the narrator was perfect for this book.
Kate-Beth Heywood
Sep 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book, although I was tempted halfway through to throw the book down. But only because it had made me want to go out shopping! However, I resisted the temptation and continued the book :). Fabulous story and I really enjoyed Colette's writing style too. Looking forward to reading 'Blue and Green Should Never be Seen' next!
Book-shelf Shelf
Oct 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Gigi is a personal shopper with an amazing talent. She seems to get people and know what they need before they do, her business is slow but gradually she gets more commissions and takes on her best friend. together they are unstoppable. A lovely light read, perfect for holidays
DubaiReader
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audible, tbc, novella, 2019
Too short!

I enjoyed this fun novella about shopping. Not the sort of shopping that you or I do, but the upmarket, need-a-stylist sort of shopping. And it kind of reminded me of many years ago when I used to do a lot of sewing - I was spending way too much on fabrics etc, to make clothes I didn't need, so I decided to put an add in the local Post Office, offering my services as a seamstress. That is pretty much what GG does, she decides to earn money from her need to buy clothes. The important th
Melanie Lewis
Oct 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audible-books
This little book is a fun few hours spent in the company of the endearing Gigi and her friend and flatmate Richie. The story of Gigi's transformation from legal secretary to personal shopper was cute and lively and her many and varied experiences along the way helped add depth to this otherwise frivolous character. The only downside of the tale for me is that I got a touch of the green eyed monster. I would love to have a personal shopper to turn me into a sleek, sophisticated 50 something inste ...more
Nessa
May 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
I listened to this on audiobook.

New author for me but I'm always up to trying new authors, and as this book sounded quite fun I decided to give it a go.

So we meet GiGi, who decided she'd had enough of working in the rat race of office environment and quite by accident became a personal shopper/fashion consultant to those that needed it and low and behold she starts up her own business.  I enjoyed getting to know the character of Gigi, she sounds bubbly and lots of fun as well as being a great f
Jo Reason
May 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-reads
I have had the privilege of some really good books lately, another book, another 4 stars. This is a short novella quick read/listen, one of those fun books which you can listen to while doing other stuff around the house. It is too short but then again it is a prequel to Blue and Green Should Never Be Seen, and I listened to these books back to back.

Here we are introduced to Gigi, who loves clothes and we learn how she becomes a retail therapist, her background along with a little of Ritchies. G
Dawn Brookes
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great listen

I really enjoyed this book and wish it had been longer to explore the characters in more depth. Nicely narrated. I loved the humour and quirky characters.
Arkgirl
May 25, 2020 rated it liked it
It was interesting to see how it all started for Gigi but I was left wanting more - some great threads were started but I wanted to read more ... maybe shorter stories aren't for me but this does have fun light moments and engaging characters.
Karen
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story will make you laugh out loud. I like books that can do that. It is an easy to read which I did in one setting. The characters are believable and easy to like. This is a prequel to " Blue and Green Should Never be Seen" Gigi has always liked to shop, she is addicted to shopping.. She starts a business in her shed where she shops for others. She wants this to work. Gigi and Richie will leave you wanting more about them. You will just have to read this enjoyable book to see how it goes. ...more
Annie McDonnell
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This novella is reminiscent of the brilliant works of the author Steena Holmes. This is a huge compliment, as I have read all of Steena’s books and novella’s and it is such a pleasure to get to know characters on a deeper level. I can say that without a doubt, Colette Kebell has the same gift. Her novella, “The Retail Therapist”, which is the prequel to “Blue and Green Should Never Be Seen (Or so Mother Says)”, Colette Kebell, takes us to the birthing of GiGi’s Personal Shopping business. After ...more
Grace J Reviewerlady
Jul 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Gigi has had her fair share of mundane jobs and finally settles on being a personal shopper - and not the kind you find in department stores either. This is a real insight into her world .. funny, giggle-out-loud moments along with a few lows which all add up to one fabulous read!
Only one complaint - there's not enough of it. I would point out, though, that the book is a lot longer that the page count given by Amazon. I cannot wait to read Blue and Green Should Never be Seen! (Or So Mother Says)
Karen
Oct 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a really cute story and I'm really glad I won this book as I would have missed out on an wonderful story. Follow GiGi as she learns how to be a fashion consultant or actually falls into it. As she really wasn't in love with her rat race job this becomes the perfect oppourtunity for her to start her own business. Meet her best friend Ritchie as he joins her in her business adventure.
Cathy McGough
Sep 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
I picked up Colette's book recently and I really enjoyed the main character named Gigi. She's addicted to shopping herself and so uses her talents to make others look awesome. If you like Sophie Kinsella's Shopaholic series then you'll definitely enjoy The Retail Therapist!
Mary-Anne Finlay
May 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I, in no way, shape or form, am into fashion, so this was a book it didn’t know if I would enjoy.

It was definitely fun, light-hearted and uplifting! It even made me start wondering about looks! But I can tell you, the numbers she was using was definitely out of my pay grade!

I really enjoyed how Gigi was able to see the gem in every person and shine that up in such a way that it influenced so many areas of their life! If this book is based on a true story, Gigi is a person I would love to meet,
Rose English
Oct 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Book 38 of my Goodreads Challenge

An enjoyable read with the main character GiGi a retail therapist dressing the rich and famous, and helping them to embrace their bodies and their personalities.

I loved that her friend Ritchie came on board to help out too. I shed a tear or three when his story came to light.

Worth checking out.
Jan Miller
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Retail Therapist is a short and fun listen. Gigi and Richie are likable characters in the story. I loved how Gigi wanted to make others happy. The shopping sounded fun. R. Bond performed this book great. She gave the characters distinguishable voices, which I love. Her expressions added to the humor of the book.
Kirsten Carlyle
May 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was given a free copy of this book by the author in return for an honest review and here it is! I enjoyed listening to this story. I took me a little while to get in to it but when I did I didn’t want it to end! Can’t wait to read the next book in the story. I liked the main character Gigi. The characters were fun and relatable. The narrator told the story well.
Sharon Britz
May 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Retail Therapist by Colette Kebell (Audiobook)
I loved this prequel to Blue & Green should never be seen (Or so Mother says) by Colette Kebell
The story is witty and such a nice listen on the everyday life of a personal shopper and her friends. I had a good chuckle on many an occasion and thoroughly enjoyed the narrator's performance. Im definately looking forward to the novel.
Michelle
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. I consider it a rather light read and found myself actually smiling several times. The author has a provided the main character a great sense of humor!
Serena Soape
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loved this short story (audible version) about Gigi and Ritchie !!!! I laughed out loud a few times.
The narrators were great and fitting to the setting of the book !!!!
Frieda
May 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: may-2020
It started all sweet and light, becoming ever more charming. I had a ball listening to this. Endearing.
Lexi
May 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this short story - fun with a really great narrator.
Mandi
The Retail Therapist by Colette Kebell

This story was a free download onto my Kindle. It tells the story of Gigi, a legal secretary who loves fashion & buying clothes. She turns her love of clothes into a business by becoming a Personal Shopper, along with her best friend.

This is a very quick read, the only negative thing is that for a very short story, it spreads over quite a few months. I feel that there are chunks missing which could have been explored in so much more detail with a longer book
D.G. Kaye
Jul 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
What's a girl to do when she loves to shop, and is bored with her office job? She uses her skills to become a personal shopper.
A cute story about ambition to follow her dream, Gigi's struggle to get her business going with the help of a few friends brings her dream to fruition. A similar premise to Kinsella's Shopaholic series.

• The Sufferings of a Young Woman
  • Dying to Cruise (A Rachel Prince Mystery Book 4)
  • Critical Decision
  • Impostor (Alexander Gregory Thrillers, #1)
  • The Outcast Girls
  • Nine Elms (Kate Marshall, #1)
  • Voodoo Butterfly (Voodoo Butterfly, #1)
  • Limp Dicks & Saggy Tits
  • The Worthless Painting
  • The White Russian Caper: A Damien Dickens Mystery (Damien Dickens Mysteries, #2)
  • Slow Horses (Slough House, #1)
  • Storm at Keizer Manor
  • The Tuscan Secret
  • Where Secrets Lie (DS Karen Hart #2)
  • The Missing Letters of Mrs Bright
  • The Gold Dragon Caper (Damien Dickens Mysteries, #4)
  • THE GREEN PEARL CAPER: A DAMIEN DICKENS MYSTERY (Damien Dickens Mysteries Book 1)
Colette Kebell is an eclectic author, though a relatively new one and thus far has self-published her books. Her books are light-hearted, fun and quirky and even considered by some to be inspirational. She publishes mostly for the English speaking market and the Italian one. Colette Kebell does not stick to just one genre when writing though, as you shall discover from her latest book to be launch ...more

News & Interviews