Start by marking “The Epidemic (The Program, #0.6)” as Want to Read:
The Epidemic (The Program, #0.6)

The Epidemic

(The Program #4)

There is no cure.

In a world before The Program…

Quinlan McKee has spent her life acting as other people. She was a closer—a person hired to play the role of the recently deceased in order to give their families closure. Through this process, Quinn learned to read people and situations, even losing a bit of herself to do so. But she couldn’t have guessed how her last case
Published April 19th 2016 by Simon Pulse

To ask other readers questions about The Epidemic, please sign up.

Start your review of The Epidemic (The Program, #0.6)
Stacee
Dec 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have loved all of the books in this series, so I knew I would love this one.

Quinn's story has been captivating from the first page. There's so much she doesn't know and seeing the layers slowly peel back had me hooked right away. Of course I loved Deacon and their entire situation. There is a core group of characters and each of them have been enjoyable in their own way.

The overall plot could definitely be depressing and heartbreaking. While it is those things to a point, Suzanne adds levity
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
4.5 Stars!

I absolutely love Young's ability to write raw harsh characters and circumstances and to do it so beautifully that you almost forget the tough subject matters and characters.

This spin off series and its predecessor have quickly become a favorite of mine and one that I just can't seem to get enough of.

Fantastical, fascinating, and completely compelling, it had me once again hooked from the first page as Quinn's journey continues where The Remedy ended.

I absolutely adore Young's
Danielle
May 05, 2015 marked it as to-read
I need this book in my life. Ahhhh.

Diana
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My review of "The Program" series will be live on December, 25th, 2019 here: https://youtu.be/MyVFNNOc32g

This series just keeps getting better and better! My only complain would be that the guys seems to be very similar through the book, no difference between the guy from the first two books and Deacon.
nick
Jun 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult

The Program series is one of the most memorable series I've ever read. I'm in love with these books, and it's always a nice surprise to find out there are more books set in the same world. When I read The Remedy, I fell in love with the story, especially because of how strong the emotional impact it had on me was, but I was also rather frustrated because it ended on a cliffhanger and at the time, there was no news as to whether there would be a sequel. With The Epidemic, Suzanne Young took this
Odette Brethouwer
Jan 03, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
This was a bit disappointing. A lot, to be honest. But, I could have seen that coming.

I loved The Program. I hated The Treatment, that felt like a unnecessary sequel. I LOVED The Remedy, it was genius. This book is the sequel to The Remedy.. and yeah, that was not necessary.

It is just.. nothing happened! In the whole book! Maybe some things do happen but it did not felt like much. It was a boring read. Nothing like the Remedy, a lot like The treatment. And i did not liked the ending.

I do will
Colleen Houck
Really like these characters. The end had some edge of your seat scenes that will stay with you. Loved the little glimpse at the end. It's so interesting getting to explore what happened just before The Program.
Gabby
This is the sequel to The Remedy and The Remedy is a prequel to The Program by Suzanne Young. I think The Remedy and The Epidemic are fantastic additions to an amazing series and anyone who is a fan of The Program should definitely read these prequels.

Last year I read The Remedy and I was so shocked and surprised and I loved it so much. It ended on a massive cliffhanger, so I was really excited when this book was announced. Maybe I was expecting this book to be as shocking as The
mith
4.5
I'm rather emotional right now, not having expected how attached I would get to certain characters or what their fate would be. well, one character, really. I'm still not over that because my heart feels like it's been ripped out and crushed to a million pieces.
this book was kind of hard hitting. I adore the characters and the chemistry they have. and while it doesn't go too deep into depression--I didn't feel the book did, anyway--it definitely showed the aftereffects of losing someone you
Andi (Andi's ABCs)
This review was originally posted on Andi's ABCs
How do you review a book that puts an exclamation point on a fantastic series? Honestly, what can I really say about The Epidemic that won't give away the whole plot of The Program and The Treatment or even The Remedy for that matter? What Suzanne Young did with this series is nothing short of perfection and I feel like I used all the words I can to tell you what I loved about each book and they all apply to The Epidemic as well. (You can find my
Brittany
Ehhhhhhhhhhh. This series really went downhill for me. I loved the first book. The second book was alright. The third book was boring until the last chapter and that is the only reason I even picked this book up. This book is going literally nowhere. I made it more than half-way through and literally nothing happened. It was just not interesting. I am not invested enough in these characters to watch them do mundane things. I put this on my on-hold shelf a while ago thinking I would go back to it ...more
Ethen C.
Oct 04, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I did not like this book at all. It was just bland compared to her other books. It took me FOREVER to finish it. I’m so glad that I finally got done with it. I definitely recommend the Program series I anyone. Maybe older audiences though actually.
Sarah Louise
May 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
There's just something about this series that captivates me. The whole idea of blending suicide and depression within a dystopian world is totally bizarre, and I'm not saying it feels plausible, but it's definitely a terrifying thought. Even after reading The Epidemic, however, I still feel like there's missing information regarding the rise in suicide. The puzzle is not piecing together comfortably in my mind, and I'm missing the closure I was hoping I would receive to fully understand the ...more
Brooke ♥booklife4life♥

Worst Part: Death!
Thoughts Had: Keeps getting
Trisha
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"This epidemic has everyone scared."

With every new book in this series, I am always blown away. The quick ties I feel for the characters, the emotional blow of teen suicide and the fear and terror of it. The slow creeping realization of the impending Epidemic and the blood pumping urgency of CURE IT!

It's all so real. In the midst of all that is Quin. She has more answers than she ever has and yet she wants more. Determined to get them, she's decided to hunt it all down at the source and go back
Amber
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-read
Over written and left me with more questions than answers - and not in the "cliff-hanger" kind of way. Read my full review where I am so upset that I didn't love this one: http://www.memyshelfandi.com/2016/04/...
Sara
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Figured out how it tied into the first 2 books. Interesting concept.
Dichotomy Girl
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm really glad that I decided to give this series another go. After enjoying the Sloan stories (The Program and The Treatment) I attempted to read the first of the Quin stories ( The Remedy), but wasn't really feeling it and never got past the first few chapters.

Fast forward a few years and seeing a goodreads friend review this book encouraged me to relook at this series.

I definitely am glad that the author wrote these prequels second, and I definitely recommend that these are read in
Heidi
Jun 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't get enough of Suzanne Young's writing; the world she has created here truly is something special, and I loved this book just as much as I loved all the others in this series.

I expected (hoped, really) to see at least a few allusions to The Program/The Treatment, and I certainly was not disappointed. I was curious how she would weave the two stories together, and it worked beautifully and naturally. Having finished this one, I'm itching to reread The Program and The Treatment so I catch
prag ♻
I love Suzanne Young. Her novels are fast paced, plot centric, relevant and have the most relatable characters. This was no exception. I was hooked from the beginning: my heart beat with Quinn's, and as betrayals and more betrayals brought her closer to the truth, I found myself terrified for her.

The story starts right where The Remedy ends, and right where The Program. The author herself said, it is better to read the books in publication order, rather than the order the series numbers suggest,
3.5/5 stars

The Epidemic is the sequel to The Remedy duology. Both are prequels to The Program.
There will be some spoilers from The Remedy in this review.

Even though The Remedy and The Epidemic are prequels to The Program and The Treatment I feel like you could read The Remedy and The Epidemic without having read the other books. But they definitely all fit together.

This book is divided into three parts. The narrator is Quinn. She is a closer. A closer is someone hired by families to take on the
Kristina Lenarczyk
I fell in love with these characters: Quinn for her independence and perseverance, Aaron for his quirks and dependability, and of course Deacon for always following his instincts. None of these characters were perfect, and I was afraid of losing any of them - because the characters would not be the same without the others. It is very rare to find a group of characters that mesh so well together, but these three are great together in these novels.

My only small issue with this novel, and the only
Kayla
I don't read many series as I easily get bored with characters, but The Program series and this prequel duology had me captivated. This dystopian world is so different from all the other repetitive YA ones.
Kaitlin (Next Page Please!)
Dec 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-releases
Ahhhh so great to read another Program book! Definitely just as dark as the other books in this series but I enjoyed it. :)

Review soon!
Jenia
Britt
"I guess even in grief, we have to continue to live."

THIS. BOOK. WAS. AMAZING. Definitely my favorite book in the series so far. It picks up right where The Remedy left off, with Quinn and Deacon setting out on their journey to find the truth about who they are and what role they play in the start of the suicide epidemic.

Quinn. Love this girl. She's been betrayed by pretty much everyone she loves, yet she still carries on. She's resilient and she never gives up no matter how much she wants to.
Irisheyz77
This review was originally posted on Ticket to Anywhere

Place(s) Traveled To: Portland, Oregon / Roseburg, Oregon / Eugene, Oregon / Myrtle Creek , Oregon/ Grants Pass, Oregon / Weed, California

First Line(s):My entire life is a lie.

When I finished THE REMEDY by Suzanne Young I wanted to immediately jump into its sequel, THE EPIDEMIC because whoa Nelly that was one crazy way to end a book!! Thankfully, this was just a duology so I knew that Young couldn't toy with my emotions TOO much but it was

Annamaria
"It doesn't matter who you come from. It matters who you become."

The ending of The Remedy left me speechless and a squealing mess, so much that I almost rated it 5 stars. That motherfrigging cliffhanger was everything!!! Still, it took me almost 3 years to read this sequel and I hate myself for it. I forgot most of the main plot, which is why I'm planning a re-read of the first two books in the series.

I really love this series but I believe that not much happened in The Epidemic. I enjoyed the
Aniya Farragut
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Epidemic is the fourth book to the series The Program by Suzanne Young. This book is refering to the past before the first two books of the series along with the third book going back in time. The Epidemic is very interesting and grabs your attention. It is the perfect combination of romance, action, and mystery. The main characters names are Quinn, Deacon, Aaron, Virginia, and Arthur. This book is about the greater good of this world's depression and suicide events.
The book is a little
marta
Feb 17, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: english, ya, dystopian
I was afraid this was going to be a let down like the 2nd book was (so many things happening and it never got in depth into anything), but this sequel(the sequel of the prequel... getting confused here just like Star Wars) was definitely better. Only gave 3 stars because it took me a while to read it, for some reasons. But I loved the story, and how we finally get to know Mr. Pritchard better ((view spoiler) ...more
The Epidemic - Suzanne Young 1 3 Apr 11, 2018 01:59PM
The Epidemic - Suzanne Young 1 1 Apr 11, 2018 09:49AM
The Epidemic - Suzanne Young 1 1 Apr 10, 2018 10:21AM
Crazy for Young A...: The Epidemic (The Program #.6) by Suzanne Young → Start Date: February 18th, 2017 34 31 Mar 18, 2017 10:14AM

• Verify (Verify #1)
  • If You're Out There
  • The Trials (Project Paper Doll, #3)
  • The Rules (Project Paper Doll, #1)
  • Defy Me (Shatter Me, #5)
  • Possession (Possession, #1)
  • The Potato Chip Puzzles (The Puzzling World of Winston Breen #2)
  • Happily and Madly
  • Paradox
  • Unraveled (Perfected, #3)
  • Restore Me (Shatter Me, #4)
  • Plague Land (A Remade Novel)
  • Just Like Fate
  • Requiem (Delirium, #3)
  • Of Curses and Kisses (St. Rosetta's Academy, #1)
  • Divided (Dualed, #2)
  • Two Can Keep a Secret
  • The Rule of Mirrors (The Vault of Dreamers, #2)
Suzanne Young is the New York Times bestselling author of The Program, The Treatment, and several other novels. She currently lives in Tempe, Arizona where she teaches high school English and obsesses about books. Learn more about Suzanne at www.suzanne-young.blogspot.com

The Program (6 books)
  • The Program (The Program, #1)
  • The Treatment (The Program, #2)
  • The Remedy (The Program, #3)
  • The Adjustment (The Program, #5)
  • The Complication (The Program, #6)
“It doesn't matter who you come from. It matters who you become.” 4 likes