Start by marking “Beautiful Regret: Part One” as Want to Read:
Beautiful Regret: Part One

Beautiful Regret: Part One

(Beautiful Regret #1)

Perfect Match: Ivory Montgomery and Jax Sterling

Contract details: Companion to social events and business trips

Fine Print: Heated nights, Adventurous days, and possibly falling in love...

There was a time when I thought staying single wasn't such a bad thing. I've seen the worst in people. Vowed not to become a victim of love. Then I meet my next client, Jax Sterling, a bil
Published June 24th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Beautiful Regret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beautiful Regret

Start your review of Beautiful Regret: Part One
Cheryl
Jul 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Review of Beautiful Regret: Part One (VIP Short Story)

Review done for Hooked on Books

5 out of 5 stars

Ivory Montgomery doesn’t believe in love; she saw how the man who loved her mother treated her, and doesn’t want anything to do with marriage.

When Ivy needed to escape from her drunken father, she would sneak next door to Jackson’s house. He was her best friend.

When her and her mother moved across the country, her and Jackson lost contact.

Many years later she is sitting across from him as his “Co
Lisa
Jul 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, blog-reads
Beautiful Regret: Part One by Rhyme Devereux is the first installment in her new short trilogy, VIP Short Story. It is a tale of second chances, young love, regrets, and redemption.

Ivy doesn't date clients. Period. The end. And then Jax enters the picture. They knew each other years ago and it seems he isn't ready to let her go. He is her client. She doesn't date clients. But she really wants to break that rule with Jax.

Their story unfolds between present day and flashbacks as the bigger picture
Maria York
Jul 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ivy has had a rough childhood and has sworn not to fall in love, ever! As a child her best friend was the boy next door, Jackson! He was always there for her when she needed a safe escape from her own home! But as an adult she lives her life just the way she wants, no emotional attachments to any males, ever! She's a campion for hot alpha rich men with no sexual events ever! But then she mets her next job and things make a crazy turn! After that it's BOOM, things get twisted!
Jackson has always
Meledy Blumberg
Jul 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: to all my book friends
This is the first book by Rhyme Devereux and i thought it was awesome. You have Ivory and Jax they new each other when they were little Jaxson said he would always look after her but she moved and has not seen Jax since. They grew up and took a different path in society. When they find each other Jax falls for her but Ivory she is not wanting to fall for him because of her passed which just brings heartache and everything else. This is a must read loved it could not put it down can not wait for ...more
Kim Williams
Jul 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
 Awesome Novella, July 20, 201

Beautiful Regret is the first installment of the VIP series, We meet Ivory and Jax. Ivy has baggage and Jax wants more, through the story we get small but extremely important flashbacks of Ivy's childhood. The characters in this novella are extremely easy to connect with and the story is so interesting from beginning to end. The ending was HOT and so exciting. My ONLY complaint is It left me NEEDING way more!!!
Medavis66
Jul 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Quick, but good storyline and definitely enjoyable. The flashbacks are a nice addition. I like Ivy/ Ivory and Jax/ Jackson, but not so much for Drew. I am thinking he is going to stir up trouble in the future. From Jax's response toward him, Drew seems to often become a thorn in his side. The bomb at the end has me chomping at the bit for Part 2!

ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.
JENNIFER
This is a sexy, intense story of childhood friends turned lovers, family secrets and pleasure. The cliffhanger is crazy. I can't wait for book 2.
Book Bitches
Jul 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jennifer-rr
Elizabeth Shaw
Jul 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: older-reviews
"Being deeply loved by someone makes you strong, and in turn, loving someone gives you courage."

So I will be the first to admit that I am not a big fan of the serial short story books, but the synopsis of this story caught my attention. Let me first start off by saying that I loved that Ivy was not what you typically think of when you think of an escort. Let’s all admit it, when we hear escort, we think sex is involved. However, right off the bat we find out that Ivy is a companion and no sex is
Luna Serenity
Beautiful Regret. I loved the name and hoped that I would enjoy the book as well, and I did!

In this first installment we meet, Ivy(Ivory) and Jax(Jaxon). By the way I love the name Jaxon and as I digress... They both knew each other from their past and met up again far in the future.

I liked the flash backs, they were cute and helped build a better understanding to how Jax and Ivory's friendship worked. Jax was a sweet friend to her back then with her family drama and now, he seems just as sweet.
Hooked On Books
Jul 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing

When her and her mother moved across the country, her and Jackson lost contact.

Many years later she is sitting across from him as his “Companion”. Ivy works for an agency that matches up single women with men looking for company.

Jackson i
Judy Miracle
Sep 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another great book by Rhyme Devereux!! This is the first book in the Beautiful Regret series and it is a must read.

Ivy doesn't believe in love after witnessing the kind of love her parents had or didn't have. Coming from an abusive house she vowed to never love because it would just be a lie. When she needed to escape her house she would go to Jackson who was her best friend until her and her mother moved away.

After many years passed Ivy is now sitting across from Jackson as his "companion." J
Babel
Jul 26, 2015 rated it liked it
With an easy-going style, this first part-novella engages thanks to a double premise. First, old friends who reunite and ignite an attraction that erupts over everything in their lives.

And then, the most provocative part: she is an escort and he is the rich man who hires her. That's quite catchy.

In particular, because there is a catch in the sense that the female character has emotional scars due to her upbringing.

I liked the dynamics between Ivory and Jax. The chemistry is palpable, yet she ref
Nancy Jones
Jul 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
Gifted copy for honest review.

I really enjoyed Beautiful Regret: Part One. This story is about Jax and Ivy. Part one lays the ground work on how Jax and Ivy first meet. Ivy works as a Companion with VIP and Jax becomes her client. Ivy is determined not to fall in love with anyone. She has seen what happened with her parents.
Jun 11, 2016
Rhyme Devereux
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Toneria McCoy
Nikolina
Victoria
Brooke
Jul 24, 2015
Rhyme Devereux is a pseudonym of an American adult romance writer. She enjoys making up characters and worlds that focus on the contemporary and erotic romance subgenres.

Her upcoming books will be more on the psychological-thriller type romances; that messes with your mind and heart. Unlike her past erotic romances, these stories will have a dose of darkness. You will be totally disturbed and tur

Beautiful Regret (3 books)
  • Beautiful Regret: Part Two