Start by marking “Killing Me Softly” as Want to Read:

Killing Me Softly

Sadie Perkins has a sixth sense about things—especially people dying. Her clairvoyance has never bothered her until she starts to believe that her visions are causing the deaths of those around her. After her latest relationship ends ... badly ... Sadie swears off love for good. While searching for an uncomplicated life, Sadie finds her hands full not only with a home reno ...more
Published July 7th 2015 by Kathryn R. Biel (first published July 2nd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Killing Me Softly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Killing Me Softly

Start your review of Killing Me Softly
November Is Nyarlathotep The Haunted Reading Room
Review: KILLING ME SOFTLY by Kathryn Biel

Feisty and feckless heroine Sadie has done fairly well for herself, despite her dysfunctional upbringing. Teaching high school American history is gratifying. Still, she grieves her father's catatonia from a stroke four years ago; and in common with many, she wants a home and a life companion. The big problem is believing that her occasional hateful speech causes deaths, and some do seem way too coincidental. But she never intended to bring it
Charlotte Lynn
Jul 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I wasn’t sure what I expecting when I picked up this book, but I wasn’t expecting what happen in this story. Killing Me Softly is quirky and funny. The story starts a little slow but quickly adds steam and goes full speed ahead. I loved that it started with the history of Sadie. A peek into her life as one of three children and her relationship with her siblings, which sets the main story line. While I don’t think she was neglected growing up, but I do not think the last few years of her life ha ...more
Kathleen
Mar 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In Killing Me Softly, author Kathryn R. Biel weaves an intriguing romantic tale with a twist of mystery, and suspense. The readers are easily drawn into Sadie Perkins' story, she has the gift of clairvoyance which causes complications in her life when she starts to believe that her visions cause the death of people around her. She finds her life gets complicated when she is under suspicion of murder, and has the burden of trying to defend herself and clear her name. To relieve the stress, Sadie ...more
Karan Eleni
Jun 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Full review published on karaneleni.com!

Kathryn has been on my radar for a long time. Almost since setting foot (Kindle?) in the crazy world of blogging and reviewing books nearly two years ago. I finally had the chance to read one of her books and expectations were exceeded.

Each of Kathryn's books is a standalone so you can read in any order. I started with Killing Me Softly for a few reasons.

K is for Kathryn and Karan. Kismet, right? Perfect one to start wit
Bethany Clark
Dec 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a roller coaster ride for Sadie Perkins! That poor girl! If I were her I think I would have had a nervous breakdown by the middle of the book!
This book sucked me in right from the get go!
Let me say I never used to believe in mediums, but then I started watching Long Island Medium and I was hooked!
As for Sadie, she has dreams of what is to come and then it happens. The downside of this ability is the fact that Sadie thinks she is causing these people's death's and unfortuna
Kindle Ninja
Jul 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
In 'Killing Me Softly', Kathryn Biel's quirky, upbeat, and funny storytelling is back - this time with a bit more mystery and suspense. It's reminiscent of her second novel Hold Her Down but a little edgier and sexier. Sadie Perkins is a well drawn out character who appears to be the only 'normal' person in a hopelessly dysfunctional family (even though she's "causing" deaths left and right).

I expected this to be a hard-core-sexy-suspense-mystery-thriller, but it's more of a romantic
Sarah Hutchinson
Dec 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was pretty good.. But it was freaking crazy! Had my mind going in 10 different directions.
Paula  Phillips
Dec 13, 2015 rated it liked it
When picking a book to read , there are often a few personal factors involved from whether it be the title, cover, author or in this case even the release date can be a factor. For me Killing Me Softly was decided by the fact that I had previously enjoyed one of the author's books and the second thing was that this book was actually released on my birthday earlier this year. Killing Me Softly, though it has an ominous feel about it with the title whether it be the idea of Killing someone softly ...more
Monique
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sadie has feelings / premonitions / insight to the future. She says random things that seem to then come true. After going to a B&B with her boyfriend of two years, thinking he is going to propose, a bat spoils it all. Sadie realises that Rob is not the one for her. And she has the feeling that he won't ever talk to her again because of it. How right she was!

Alone again, Sadie decides it is time to do things on her own and her way. She buys an old house and sets about renovating
Barb
Jul 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
**I received this book as an ARC in exchange for an honest review.**

Killing Me Softly is the first book that I've read by author Kathryn R. Biel — it won't be the last.

Author Kathryn R. Biel writes stories of resilient women, and she delivers on that with Killing Me Softly's Sadie Perkins. I loved Sadie! And I kinda wanted to slap her up the head a few times, the same way I would with any good friend who needed a reality check. That's one of the reasons I gave this book 5 stars; bec
Teresa Kander
Feb 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This is not your typical romance story. It's rom-com, mystery, suspense, thriller---a little bit of everything!

Sadie seems to be the most normal person in her strange and dysfunctional family--and when you consider that she believes she can cause people to die just because of her words, that is definitely saying a lot.

There is so much going on in Sadie's life throughout this book that I don't know how she holds on to her sanity. There's a planned romantic getaway for Valentine's Day that goes
Maria
Mar 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Can the perfect weekend end up worst than Sadie's romantic escape? Sadly I don't think so... firstly she and her boyfriend broke and after, she discovers that he had died in a tragic accident. But Sadie's problem has just started... ready for this rollercoaster?

This is not the book you will expect to read, is not just a love story; there's mystery, a kidnapping and a an attempt to murder!
Sadie's story is quite sad and full of surprises, not all of them good... but there are som
Samantha March
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a review copy
Wow, this was a good book. I’m always a fan of a little “magic” in my books, and Sadie has the special gift of clairvoyance. Her visions are always about death though, so it definitely is a hard gift to have, especially when she begins to blame herself for certain deaths that she thought she could prevent. There is plenty of touching moments in the book, especially with Sadie and her father, but the real crazy storyline is about Sadie’s sister. Wow. I can remember m
Niki
Jul 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fair warning in front, it is hard to ly this book down, so make sure you have the time.
Sadie seriously thinks she can kill with her thoughts. After several that happen you would almost agree. She is accused of killing his sister at a point, while she renovates her house and she ha to chose between two men. Will she be able to proof she isn't guilty and make the right choice?

This is a fun and quirky book, with strong characters, fun twists, humor, romance, and as I said before h
Gina's Library
Jul 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
I received this book in exchange for a fair and honest review. All opinions in this review are 100% my own.
Sadie swears off dating for good after the break up with her boyfriend. I know from experience that is easier said than done. It turns out Sadie has not one but two men wanting her attention and to date her. Which one will she choose? The man from her past or the mystery man she keeps running into?
This started out as a light hearted read. There are twists that happen that just p
Sue Brooks
Jul 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was the first book that I have read by Kathryn R. Biel and I can guarantee that I will continue reading for of her books in the future!!!

I really enjoyed the story of Sadie, who actually believes that she can kill people with her thoughts. I love how Kathryn goes into such detail in regards to describing the characters. She truly makes you feel like you are there and taking part in the story yourself.

This is definitely one of those --- I can't stop reading this until I finish i
Dena
Sep 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book by Kathryn Biel and I cannot wait to read more. I laughed, I cried, I could not put this book down! I loved riding the rollercoaster of Sadie's emotions, her embarrassing moments, and the what happened in the bathroom suspense! It also helped having a mental picture of Fritz! ;). A great quick read from an indie author...I highly recommend!!
Kayla
Dec 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book! Start with some mystery then add some romance and you have a great weekend read. Does Sadie allow herself to fall for Max even though she may hurt him with her secret? This was a quick story to read that keeps you guessing until the end. I don't know what I would do if I were Sadie.

I received a copy in exchange for an honest review.
Sheri
Jul 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, woman-s-lit
I really enjoyed this book. It flowed well, the characters were great, and oh Lord did I want to smack Jenny. like reach through my screen and smack her.

Other than that, such a great story. I was so glAd for the HEA Sadie definitely deserved it. This book was totally good. Sucked me in and keep me hooked right until the end.
Peggy
Jul 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely intriguing book! Will keep you turning the pages from the suspense of what happens to the next! The author, Kathryn Eiel, will have you feeling as if you are the characters of this book. Each emotion at a time! Highly recommendable!

*Received for an honest review*
Dawnya
Nov 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Kathryn Biel's humor and sarcasm makes me laugh.

She takes a tragic story, one riddled with death, anger, and loss, and manages to make you laugh all the way through.

A fast read with interesting characters and great scenarios.
Kaitlin Mackenzie
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
By far, Kate's best book yet! Such a good book! Just the right amount of suspense, romance and drama! Loved it!
Nikki
Jun 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Kathryn did it again !!!!! Just when I think she can't outdo her last book ..... SHE DOES !!! Edge of your seat story , you won't put this book down until you finish !!!
Carla Ward
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love all Kathryn Biel's books, this one left a heart ache but so good to read
Spunky N Sassy
Dec 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star
SNS Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Lillian's ★★★★ Review~~~~~~~~~~

The start of the book is bit weird but as you learn more about Sadie and her 'visions' then you realize that she isn't a complete nutter. Sadie is hoping that her boyfriend Rob asks her to marry him but it doesn't work out that way.

She loses Rob and gets a hug shock that basically destroys her self worth.

Her family is a big mess and things are just going to get worse for them all. Sadie is loo
Margaret Tidwell
Feb 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-books
FTC: I received a free copy of this book from CLP in exchange for my honest review.

I received no other compensation for this review.

Killing Me Softly by Kathryn R Biel was a good book it just wasn’t one of my favorites. I am not sure what I didn’t like about this book because it was written well and I did like Sadie right from the start. I think one thing I didn’t like was how Sadie over analyzed the people dying and blaming herself for their deaths. I really didn’t like her boyfrie
W.H.
by Kathryn R. Biel

Rating: 5 out of 5 Hearts
❤❤❤❤❤

Kathryn R. Biel is a new to me author.

I really enjoyed this well written, easy to follow, self-discovery story... The characters are well developed, picturesque and endearing.

The world building is consistent, full of raw emotions, betrayal, anger, love, self-doubt, and believable. Chock full of mysterious twists and turns that will keep you guessing.

How would you react if you
Rhonda
Mar 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked this story. It had a little suspense, humor, love, and fantasy! I liked the characters and the story flow was well done. It was quirky and fun to read. Highly recommend! Given copy for honest review.
Sharon
Jun 03, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Killing Me Softly is the second book I have read by Kathryn R. Biel. This is an unusual book.
When you can't even make it through the first chapter without being bored, it isn't worth finishing.

• Lass
Telling stories of resilient women, Kathryn R. Biel hails from Upstate New York where her most important role is being mom and wife to an incredibly understanding family who don't mind fetching coffee and living in a dusty house. In addition to being Chief Home Officer and Director of Child Development of the Biel household, she works as a school-based physical therapist. She attended Boston Unive ...more