Start by marking “A Covert Affair (Deadly Ops, #5)” as Want to Read:
A Covert Affair (Deadly Ops, #5)

A Covert Affair

(Deadly Ops #5)

The explosively passionate new Deadly Ops novel from Katie Reus, the New York Times bestselling author of Edge of Danger.

After being wounded in action, NSA agent Nathan Ortiz comes home to Miami, eager to return to duty. But he doesn't expect his newest mission to lead him straight to the one woman he loved, lost, and has never gotten over.

A beautiful, successful res
Published March 1st 2016 by Signet

To ask other readers questions about A Covert Affair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Covert Affair

Claire Robinson
Jun 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shit-hot-series
4.5 -"If I could go back and change things..." Stars!

Katie Reus is one of the few authors that I know without doubt will always take me to my happy reading place. The fifth book in the Deadly Ops series hits the ground running with Nathan and Amelia’s story, and the author used one of my favorite tropes set around a pretty stellar suspense story; Second Chance Love.

I will be upfront now and say that I haven’t read every book in the series, but although it follows recurring characters (most of th
Sophia
The set up on this one is a scenario that never fails to grab me. I love second chances in romances. In this case, one of Wesley's ops guys encounters a woman he hasn't seen since he was eighteen, in love, and she inexplicably cut him out of her life. The romance is balanced with a hard-biting mission involving a twisted sort of human trafficking. The author spun-out another riveting and engaging story that I devoured in one sitting.

The story is part of the ongoing Deadly Ops series. Like the ot
Sunny
Jun 24, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Girls are disappearing in Miami and found dead months later. Evidence shows that they had just given birth. Nathan Ortiz works for a specialized covert unit inside the NSA called Black Death 9. His unit is investigating the abductions and murders. While undercover, he runs into his first love, Amelia Rios, who is dating their prime suspect, Iker Mercado. This is the first time Nathan has seen Amelia since she abruptly broke up him years ago. Is Amelia involved in the kidnappings? How deep is she ...more
#AudibleRomance

Suspense, second chance at love and an end to a series. A Covert Affair was a nice ending to the Deadly Ops series. While the plot of the series wasn't heavy connected from book to book sometimes there was character connections.

Just the right about of mystery, suspense and romance to be entertaining.
1-Click Addict Support Group
Danger and love make for an explosive story!

Right from the start I knew that danger and action were going to be plentiful in this romantic suspense story set in steamy Miami. Nathan Ortiz and Amelia Rios have fond memories of each other from years ago but their relationship didn’t end well. Trust was broken and now, when they find themselves knee-deep in chaos, they will either mend things between them or break them forever…

If you are looking for a sexy second chance romance blended together wit
 Reading In Pajamas
✦Spotlight, Review & Excerpt: A Covert Affair: A Deadly Ops Novel, Book 5 by Katie Reus http://wp.me/p3d0RZ-4gl
Publication Date: March 1, 2016
Genre: Romantic Suspense/ Contemporary Romance
Reviewed by: Reading in Pajamas/ Donna
Rated 4 Stars

Donna 4 stars

This was a tension filled action novel that I could not put down. A serial killer on the loose, attacks going on and romantic tension that kept me in knots. Amelia and Nathan made a good couple in that they just seemed to fit together even though they had

Catherine (The Sassy Bookster)
This is one second chance story I can definitely get behind. A tough, fearless heroine and a strong but slightly vulnerable hero get a second chance at happiness while facing off against a powerful adversary in this action-packed, suspenseful and passionate romance.

NSA agent Nathan Ortiz's new assignment is a tough one. The mysterious disappearance of women in Miami has come to the attention of authorities and he's part of the task force sent in to investigate. Returning to Miami brings back mem
Rithy
5 Second Chance Stars!

I love me a good romantic suspense and Katie Reus is one of my go to Authors for this genre.
Nathan and Amelia had a past that did not end well, Amelia pretty much just up and left without a by your leave. Fast forward 12 years and Nathan is investigating a case about missing girls in his hometown bringing back good and bad memories.

Amelia seems to be stuck in the middle of this situation and it is unclear which way the bullets will fly. There was alot of ups and downs and
Kelly at
Review will be posted at www.books-n-kisses.com .

NUMBER OF HEARTS: 3 1/2
Another good installment in Ms. Reus’ Deadly Ops series. I am not sure that this has been my favorite book to date. But I really enjoyed Nathan and Amelia story.
I really enjoyed that A Covert Affair was a second chance romance story for Nathan. We have seen Nathan many time over the last four books. It was great to finally get a closer look at him. Amelia is great. She is tough and determined to be and do better in life. W
T.M. Payne
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Book: A Covert Affair (Deadly Ops #5)
Author: Katie Reus
Publication Date: 3/1/2016
Reviewed by: Tammy Payne- Book Nook Nuts
My Rating: 5 Stars

REVIEW
This one picks up in the blown up subway from the previous book. Freeman and Ortiz are trapped down in that thing and someone is still shooting. Women are disappearing many more than anyone thought but who is taking them? Wesley has taken Ortiz into the Black Death 9 and since he is off bed rest he hopes Ortiz is ready for an op. Nathan meets Amelia
Pam
Dec 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is another thrilling romantic suspense in the Deadly Ops series. I have enjoyed each book, filled with danger and romance as we meet these enterprising heroes and heroines working under extraordinary circumstances.

Nathan Ortiz works for NSA, usually undercover wherever Wesley Burkhart, the director needs him most. Recently he was injured, but is now ready to be assigned a new mission. When Wesley is asked by a friend to look into a missing woman incident in Miami, they find out that almost
Krissys
Feb 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: featured-books, star

A beautiful, successful restaurateur, Amelia Rios enjoys giving back to her community, especially to struggling women. Then a woman she recently hired stops showing up for work, and, unfortunately, she isn’t the first to go missing.

Soon Amelia finds herself thrust into a shadowy
Twin Sisters Rockin' Book Reviews
Overall Rating: 4.5 Rockin’ ★★★★☆

Young women are disappearing in the Miami area! Are they part of a human trafficking ring or something more diabolical? Katie Reus, the queen of romantic suspense has once again created an action packed, sensual read that will keep the reader on the edge of their seat! In her new release, A Covert Affair she uses some characters from previous Deadly Ops Novels and introduces some new ones to weave a story of intrigue, drama and suspense. If you enjoy a good ‘who
Melody  May (What I'm Reading)
Posted on What I'm Reading

I have love the Deadly Ops books they have been fantastic. They seem to be packed with suspense and danger. However, A Covert Affair wasn't my favorite. Don't get me wrong it was good, but it was missing a few things for me. With the previous books it started out with a bang, and had you hanging on the seat your pants. Here we go:

By the end of Edge of Danger, Ortiz is hurt badly. Scary bad. Now he's recover and about to go out on his first op after the incident. Man, Or
Ezinwanyi

This story is one of those you won't remember that much after you read it because nothing really stands out. This is a book 5 in an established series by a really good writer yet it was wrought with cliché after cliché.

This book featured NSA special ops agent Nathan Ortiz was tasked with figuring out why women are being murdered in the Miami area. These women who had disappeared were never reported missing and they all had recently gave birth. When Nathan goes undercover to investigate, he runs
Sofia T. (♥ Dimitri Belikov)
NSA agent Nathan Ortiz is back on duty! After being injured while on duty, Nathan feels ready to go back into action. His case brings him to his home, Miami, a place that brings back a lot of memories and with them comes Amelia Rios, the woman he once thought was his soul mate.

It’s been years since Amelia last saw Nathan. After breaking up with him and running away, Amelia has lost contact with the people in her past. Now, a successful owner of a restaurant, Amelia enjoys giving back to the comm
Laura the Highland Hussy
Review posted on Got Fiction?

Another solid story in the Deadly Ops series.

Nathan never expected to see Amelia again, but when he finds that there's a connection between some missing women and the only woman he's ever loved, he's floored.

Amelia left Nathan and never gave him an explanation why. At seventeen years old, she was afraid, hurting, and unsure of what to do. But now, at nearly thirty, when he waltzes back into her life, she isn't letting him go again. Even if it means humbling himself.

N
angelblue
Feb 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, written-reviews
Another fabulous story in The Deadly Ops series! A Covert Affair is a story of forgiveness and second chances. Amelia and Nathan were once childhood sweethearts but after a tragic event occurs Amelia cuts Nathan out of her life with no explanation. Years later she is a successful restaurateur and he is an operative for the NSA but neither have forgotten their first love and when Nathan is sent to Miami to investigate the disappearance of multiple women in the area he is shocked find the woman th ...more
Tracy T.
May 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Another Fantastic Story in the Deadly Ops Series. Fantastic Narration by Sophie Eastlake (audible review)

I really love this series! This book was really good too! I really liked Nathan he was sexy, strong and just awesome. Amelia was awesome too! They had some great chemistry together and there were a couple of very nicely written sex scenes, not erotica.

The story line and plot was great. Can't help but love the undercover Special Op's story lines. There was mystery, action, romance and a lot of
Linda
Jun 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Nathan and Amelia lost contact with each other when she up and left with no forwarding address, and Nathan was about to join up, so years went by. Now Amelia appears in the investigation Nathan is deap undercover in. How is she part of all this, and how come shes still as gorgeous as he remembers?
Can they resist each other, and how will Amelia react when Nathan comes clean about his job?
Contemporary romance, action, suspense and smutty fluff in a great combo.
Disclaimer; I was given a free copy
Marie Andersson
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Deadly Ops series is one of my favorites! It is suspenseful and romantic.Nathan is one of my favorites now! He is protective, sexy and hot!:) I don't know how Katie does it but I love all her heroes!
CD {Boulder Blvd}
Ms. Reus continues her NSA black ops group in Miami with another action packed book.

Review to come...
Sheryl C. Nash
*ARC courtesy of Netgalley and Berkley Publishing*
Beate
Jan 02, 2018 rated it liked it
The rest of the books of the series are in my favorites folder, but this one... I've struggled finishing it. This book kept me guessing the least. Meaning I pegged the bad guy early. I guessed much of the plot before it even happened. And I never connected with Nathan or Amelia the way I did the other characters. Amelia I didn't care about or what happened to her, Nathan was bland. Eh well....
Lucy Dosch
Dec 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although I didn’t fall under the spell of Nathan and Amelia as much as I did with the cuter romance of Tucker and Karen in the last book, the story plot contained some unexpected twists that kept your focus on the investigation.

Wesley Burkhart, the head of the NSA, received a call from an associate in Miami indicating that one of his tenants has disappeared, leaving only a typewritten note and more money then she usually has on hand to cover the rent. She also quit her job by letter and cancelle
Sandy S
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date March 1, 2016

Kim
4-4.5 stars

Recently off the injured list, Nathan Ortiz is chosen for an off-the-books op in his old stomping ground of Miami. He has no idea that the pursuit of missing women will bring him face to face with his first love, Amelia. She is a hard-working restaurant owner trying to give women in need a chance. But now some mysterious disappearances are leading back to her restaurants and a foundation run by Cade's wife, Maria. So the team begins an investigation where they are not sure where all t
Danielle Gypsy Soul
Covert Affair is the 5th book in Katie Reus' Deadly Ops Series but could be read as a stand alone. Katie really knows how to write a great romantic suspense. She has the balance between suspense and romance down to an art and always enough edge of your seat moments to keep you engaged throughout the story.

This book is a second chance romance with the trademark blend of romance, danger, suspense and action. Nathan is a covert operator in the NSA. He's a take charge Alpha hero with a bit of vulner
Linda
A sexy, fast-paced, high-stakes, electrifying, heart-wrenching raw thriller

"If you want to stop, tell me now," he said as he ripped open a condom wrapper.
"Stop and I kill you."

A COVERT AFFAIR by Katie Reus is romantic suspense at its finest with lots of depth and spice. This is the story of NSA agent Nathan Ortiz and restaurateur Amelia Rios. The characters are realistic and captivating with sizzling chemistry. They'd fallen in love as teenagers and then she'd dropped out of his life without e
JoRead
Riveting story that pulls the reader right into the action from page one!
Nathan is in the middle of a terrorist attack and just when he thinks he’s about to die all he can think about is the one person he gave his heart long ago and wishes he could see her at least one more time. Amelia has tried to live a normal life as best she can since she parted ways with the love of her life but how can anyone forget someone like Nathan?
I’ll be honest and say second-chance trope stories are not my favorit
  • Taking Fire (One-Eyed Jacks, #4)
  • Secrets (The Battling McGuire Boys #2)
  • Tactical Strike (Bagram Special Ops, #2)
  • Broken Honor (HORNET, #3)
  • Storm Front (Security Specialists International, #2.5)
  • All He Wants for Christmas (The Rapture, #3; Spurs and Stripes, #2; Against All Odds, #3; O'Connor Family, #1; Rough Riders Hockey, #1; Holly NC, #1-6 & 7)
  • Over the Line (Alpha Ops, #2)
  • Falling Hard (Bad Boys Undercover, #2)
  • Midnight Revenge (Killer Instincts, #7)
  • Devil and the Deep (Deep Six, #2)
  • Holding Fire (Alpha Security #2)
  • Primal Instinct (Bodyguard #2)
  • Midnight Secrets (Men of Midnight, #3)
  • At the Edge (Alpha Crew, #1)
  • Cowboy's Redemption (The Montana Cahills, #4)
  • Wolf Trouble (SWAT, #2)
  • Tall, Dark And Dangerous (Tall, Dark and Dangerous, #1-2)
  • His Undercover Princess (Tempt Me, #1)
Katie Reus is the New York Times, USA Today, & IndieReader bestselling author of the Red Stone Security series, the Moon Shifter series and the Deadly Ops series. She fell in love with romance at a young age thanks to books she pilfered from her mom's stash. Years later she loves reading romance almost as much as she loves writing it. However, she didn't always know she wanted to be a writer. ...more

Deadly Ops (5 books)
  • Targeted (Deadly Ops, #1)
  • Bound to Danger (Deadly Ops, #2)
  • Shattered Duty (Deadly Ops, #3)
  • Edge of Danger (Deadly Ops, #4)
“She stood there, rooted to the spot, until he murmured, “Relax, this is all part of our cover.”
His words were like ice water right in the face. He’d just kissed her as part of their cover. That brief brush over her lips and she didn’t want to relax, she wanted to take all his clothes off. Peel that charcoal gray suit off him and kiss every inch of his ripped, naked body.
Instead of indulging in that insanity and getting arrested for public indecency—and tearing open old wounds—she took a small step back. Just like that, she could breathe again.”
1 likes