Start by marking “How to Close Every Sale” as Want to Read:
How to Close Every Sale

How to Close Every Sale

3.8  ·  Rating details ·  122 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
The world's greatest salesman presents the definitive guide to effectively closing any sales presentation. Girard's previous titles, How to Sell Anything to Anybody and How to Sell Yourself, have a total of00,000 copies in print.
Published September 1st 1989 by Business Plus

To ask other readers questions about How to Close Every Sale, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Close Every Sale

Emily
Apr 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
*audio book
This offered a wide range of advice and suggested tactics for closing every sale. While most of "Joe's" experience is from the auto industry, the tactics would still prove useful in any industry. Further, Chapter 6 focuses on the plethora of closes to use.
M Shafiq
Jul 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
If you're salesperson, you must read it!
Phillip
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Better for those that work in consumer sales rather than B2B. But lots of good points and easy to read.
3li
Feb 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
First of all, I am not a sales person ,,, but this book is good to read. it is not a type of book that tells to do this and that, it is like reading short stories and other's experience. I have learned a lot from this book ,,, I have learned that some small things could be the reason for not closing a deal. I think paying attention to small things could be beneficial for our day life , it is also helpful to know some techniques from the book on how to close/sell your ideas to other people
Rick
Dec 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: professional
I read this book while working in a "commission" base job. Mr. Girad is the salesman's salesman. He sells cars and you will be totally amazed at this totals..........Unthinkable!!! Worth the time to read. Joe gives some great insights that are common sense in sales and some great untapped information. Recommended for every sales individual.
Jose
May 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: business
With very simple tips you can actually identify what steps you are supposed to walk thru in order to make a successful sell. In my opinion, everybody should work on their selling skills and this is as simple as it gets.
Michael
Apr 05, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: how-to
I read this many years ago, and I wasn't a salesman so I don't even recall why I read it. I learned a lot from it though. I didn't quite believe what he was saying then, but now I know that everything he discusses is accurate.
Brandon Mullan
Mar 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was rich with valuable sales information. I enjoyed the section about the different closes. The book has a great arc and covers each aspect of the sale in great detail. Very beneficial read.
William Vysniauskas
Must read if one is in any type of sales or marketing.
Michael
May 03, 2009 rated it really liked it
If you are going to sell, this is a must read
Jovan Sinik
Oct 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great book! Joe Gerard uses his own experience in sales to teach the reader on 'How to Close Every Sale.' I used his tactics and knowledge in my own sales experience and it truly works!
Jonathan Mannella
Jul 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great sales closing techniques. Always be closing, don't let them walk away, and provide service, service, service.
Mjenkins25
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Win: The Key Principles to Take Your Business from Ordinary to Extraordinary
  • Ziglar on Selling
  • High Trust Selling: Make More Money in Less Time with Less Stress
  • Zero-Resistance Selling: Achieve Extraordinary Sales Results Using World Renowned techqs Psycho Cyberneti
  • Advanced Selling Strategies: The Proven System of Sales Ideas, Methods, and Techniques Used by Top Salespeople
  • UnSelling: The New Customer Experience
  • Building Wealth One House at a Time: Making it Big on Little Deals
  • Strategic Management and Business Policy
  • Operations Management
  • Jeffrey Gitomer's Little Red Book of Sales Answers: 99.5 Real World Answers That Make Sense, Make Sales, and Make Money
  • Fundamental Accounting Principles
  • The Five Most Important Questions You Will Ever Ask about Your Organization: An Inspiring Tool for Organizations and the People Who Lead Them
  • Go-Givers Sell More
  • E-Myth Mastery: The Seven Essential Disciplines for Building a World Class Company
  • The Law of Rewards: Giving What You Can't Keep to Gain What You Can't Lose.
  • The One Minute Sales Person: The Quickest Way to Sell People on Yourself, Your Services, Products, or Ideas--at Work and in Life
  • The Wizard of Ads
  • A Matter of Principle
"World's Greatest Salesman" according to The Guinness Book of World Records .

Joseph Samuel Gerard, better known as Joe Girard, is an American salesman. Having sold 13,001 cars at a Chevrolet dealership between 1963 and 1978, Girard has been recognized by the Guinness Book of World Records as the world's greatest salesman.
More about Joe Girard...