Start by marking “Blood Flame” as Want to Read:

(Flame #1)

Do you love hunky vampire warrior types? Then this book is for you! Connor, a powerful vampire serving as a Border Patrol officer for his corrupt world, falls for a gifted witch who has the ability to kill him with a single touch…

New York Times bestselling author, Caris Roane, presents BLOOD FLAME, the first book in the Flame Series. In this book, vampire Officer Connor o
Published August 19th 2015 by Twin Bridges Creations LLC

To ask other readers questions about Blood Flame, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Flame

Marta Cox
Aug 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-reviews
A new series from Ms Roane and yet again she has come up with a wholly unique idea for a vampire story. It's such an interesting idea to have drugs affecting humans in such a way that they can become altered in the most fundamental ways. Five species can be created due to an illegal substance added to Flame but when this happens they have to leave their human lives behind and embrace their new destiny. Vampires, witches, shifters, wizards and Fae now battle it out in what appears to be a truly v ...more
Eva Millien
Aug 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
When a double homicide throws them together, Vampire officer Connor tries to resist the witch Iris Meldeere but he soon finds his deepest fantasies fulfilled while they fight to stay alive in this spectacular paranormal romance.

Witches can kill vampires with the tips of the their fingers and there is no love lost between the species and the reader can’t help but get caught up in all the thrills as love begins to consume Conner and Iris. The attraction between them even from afar has flames soari
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
** Read as part of the Dark and Damaged: Eight Tortured Heroes of Paranormal Romance **

~ 2.5 Blood Flame Stars ~

Blood Flame is book one in the Flame series by Caris Roane.

This one started out good, but the more I read the more some things just did not work for me. It is an interesting concept and world that these characters live in. There are five alter species, which are genetic mutations of some drug that runs free/un-checked, so the people are not changed by there choosing. We never find o
Kelly
Jul 18, 2015 rated it it was ok
I can't say I loved this book. It wasn't terrible. I just never really connected with the characters. And I saw the "twist" coming from a mile away. Which is sad because I'm the worst guesser in the history of guessers. So either the clues were very blatant as to what was coming or I can follow the author's thought process like a champ and extrapolate out to the nth degree based on that. Which kinda freaks me out, to be honest.

But let's talk about Connor and Iris. Connor's upstanding. Iris is up
Danielle Gypsy Soul
Blood Flame was probably closer to a 2.5 for me. Parts of it I really liked and parts were just okay. It had a lot of potential but there was just too much happening way too quickly. I really liked the concept, it was original and interesting. There are five alter species (although we really only learn about vampires and witches with a reference to shifters thrown in). They are genetic mutations caused by a drug (although not only do you have to have the drug but an alter serum has to be in the ...more
Trish R.
Nov 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great book..

This was an unusual story, and I like it so I’ll probably go on to the next. I loved the description of Iris’s garden. How the lattice of purple flowers swayed in her direction and “ it was like seeing music take a physical shape.” And when they got back to her house and Connor sat against the tree with Iris in his lap and he thought “the sissoo tree felt like life to him.” I sure would like to have that garden, if that’s how it acts and makes you feel.

There’s one thing I hated about
Nadine Bookaholic
This is the first book that I have read by Caris Roane; I love when I get the opportunity to read something by authors new to me, it's like opening a whole new world of possibilities.

This book was a good read but there were a few things that I had a hard time with. It seems like the people that have been affected by the "alter" are banished to the five bridges area, this is what happened with Connor and Iris, and they have to leave their life and loved ones behind and act as if that life never h
Heather
Sep 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was leery that this was just going to be another Blood Rose series, especially when the vampire ended up having longish hair, wore leather, was part of a guard force, and flew his girl all over the place with her feet resting on his boots. As the story progressed, details that started to surface within the plot and conflict that allowed it to stand on its own and not be another Blood Rose series.

I like the setting. It is a post-apocalyptic-esk world set in Phoenix, Arizona. A new drug has
Anne
Aug 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The author has created a totally intriguing world in Blood Flame, which hooked me very fast. A world where thousands upon thousands of humans were altered by the blood flame drug, and it's special additives; thus creating the need to separate the human world from the unruly and violent five territories. Vampires and witches are enemies. They actively hunt each other with the intent to kill. James Connor is a Border Patrol officer of the Crescent (vampire) Territory. He is a man haunted by his pa ...more
France
Aug 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Life is rough in Five Bridges, a supernatural closed-in town in the outskirt of Phoenix. All its inhabitants have been changed by the "alter", a serum slipped in some doses of the flame drug distributed in the human world by the local drug mobs. In the five species created by the different kind of alter, none seems to trust the others, and few are more opposed than the vampires and the witches, each of them seemingly engineered to destroy the other.

Iris is a witch. Connor is a vampire. Circumsta
Donna Sweeney
Aug 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Kindly provided with an ARC by the author in exchange for an honest review.....

Outstanding !!!

Caris Roane yet again takes us into a world where Vampires, Witches and other paranormal reign !!.

This is book 1 in the Flame series and is Connor and Iris's story. He's a vampire and shes a witch. She has the power to kill him or is it the power to love him forever !!!

Yes indeed, its another one of those amazing story lines by Caris. I cannot praise enough her ability to bring heart stopping characters
Kel (Faerie-bookworm)
I received a copy of this book from the author for an honest review.

HOT!!! I loved the "forbidden" but drawn together in this story. Caris Roane has become one of my favorite authors, I love that if you take the sex out it's an awesome story being told. The worlds and characters are so believable and easy to relate to. I feel like I'm always rooting for the couple to make it (even though I know they will) but something happens and then I'm left wondering "will it happen?".

Take a witch and a vamp
wanda flanagan
Aug 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review .Blood Flame is the first book in the Flame series and is a great read .This is the story of Iris a witch and Public Safety officer and James Conner a vampire and police officer .Neither don't trust each other's species as a whole they come to rely and love one another .The journey to a hea is filled with action, danger, suspense, and passion that will have you on the edge of your seat waiting to see what will happen next. Caris Ro ...more
Angela Maher
Aug 26, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal, vampire
The start of what could be a very interesting series. The world created for it is original, and the characters are engaging.
More could have been done to explain the flame drugs and alter serums though. Hopefully there is more detail as to why the serums, in particular, are used in future books.
I also thought there was a little bit too much conversation during scenes full of action (good or bad). Sure, you might exchange some words, but having a conversation is stretching it.
Anyway, overall it is
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
An action-packed thrill ride that kept me spellbound till the very end. I loved this new and intriguing world that the author introduced. There was so much that hasn't been explored yet and I can't wait to discover more and dive deeper into this supernatural world.
The characters were good. I loved how they had some depth and experienced growth throughout the story. Their journey was easy to root for and enjoyable to read.
The story was fast paced and full of tension. It was easy to get lost in an
Denise H.
Jul 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Blood Flame by Caris Roane...
Connor the Vampire, and Iris the Witch are destined souls. The world is a dangerous mess and they find solace in each other. They each meet at the murder scenes they are investigating. Drawn together, they end up at her place after an encounter that drained her power. Connor and Iris get to know each other a bit, and their sex scene is erotic, sensual, enticing and amazing. Wow !! Loved it !! Vampire and Witch energies move between them and it's transforming them. It
Mhollie
Sep 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
The author is on to something...I wish it could have been novel length as opposed to novella length and the author delved much deeper into this new world she has created. This new world seems really cool and I believe some really great stories could be generated from this world of witches, vampires, Wizards, Fae, shifters and dead-talkers. I believe the H/H got together way too soon, so there was a loss of tension between them. It was a solid read, if a bit rushed. ***I received this as a gift f ...more
Samie Kauchis
Feb 08, 2016 rated it liked it
It was alright, not as good as I was expecting from this author... Plus I knew who the 'bad guy' was long before they showed up on the page.
*flora*
This is a good paranormal romance story that I enjoyed reading.

Blood Flame is the first book in Ms Roane's Flame series. I haven't read any of her books before and liked the unique spin she gave to how these paranormal creatures are created. The world she created was well written and a fabulous base for this sometimes dark and erotic book.

I would have liked the story to have also explained the historic series of events that lead to the creation of the blood Flame drug and the serum that alters
Jackie
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this book. Kept me up late because I couldn’t put it down until I finished. It flowed well, with a good world building. It had a good twisting plot with some surprises. I liked the main characters, they were a good fit for each other too. It also ends with an HEA for this couple. Enough of a lead in to this world to want to see what the next book in the series will bring for the next character.
Helen
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Life in Five Bridges is not easy. The three races of were, witch and vampire are sequestered here, but there is no rule but survival. Witches kill vampires. Vampires kill witches. But when a vampire and a witch are set up to die, they will only live if they trust each other long enough to find their attacker and fall in love.
Romance, wonderful world building, and lots of suspense make it a well crafted page turner
Adria (Musings and Reviews)
Originally posted on Adria's Musings and Reviews Review to come soon. (Blog post MAY have additional content such as playlists, interviews, giveaways, etc).
* A copy of this book was provided by the author for the purpose of an honest review. All conclusions are my own responsibility and I was not compensated for this review.
Rebecca Stigers
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Witches and Vampires....

This book was awesome...the author has a way with her word's...she created a very good storyline with some very interesting characters...and made me want to really know these characters. Conner the vampire and Iris the witch were enemy's...or were they? Great read...enjoyed it a lot.
Velvet Michael
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A new twist on Vampires.

An interesting change inn the vampire Legend. I've must started this series, and can't help but wonder if there will bee an explanation in one of the books about how this altar additives and the Flame drugs came into being.
Bobbie
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read, love the characters. Connor is a vampire who falls in love with a witch named Iris. She may share the same feelings, that is until she learns of a secret he's been keeping, but even Connor isn't sure of the truth.
Ashley
Apr 18, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF
Skimmed 27%. Stalking, no plot, no characters, nothing.
Princess Jasmine
Blood Flame

Blood Flame was a really good paranormal story. I really enjoyed it to the point of buying the next book in the series.
Willow
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Love how Connor and Iris were so connected and that they could see the goodness in each other, despite their 'species' being enemies.
Glenda Bettin
Jun 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I am really enjoying this authors writing
Megan
Jul 07, 2015 rated it did not like it
Holy cow was this bad. First, let me say that stalking is NOT ROMANTIC. Or sexy. Or attractive. Can we PLEASE stop glamorizing this? Stalking is very bad, which is why you can be arrested for it. This is also not the more harmless version where it's a drive by your old house, no. This is full blown, let me watch you through my binoculars and hope you're outside/near a window at all times. (It is a 'scope' not 'binoculars' in the book, but you get my point here.) And that's where we start in this ...more
  • Rebel's Desire (Iron Portal, #4)
  • Kissed by Fire (Blood & Magic, #2)
  • Dearborn (Woodland Creek)
  • Awakened by Fire (Dragons of Bloodfire, #2)
  • The Mirror & The Meretrix (Blackstone & Brenwen, #1)
  • Black Blood (Black Bloods, #1)
  • Cast in Angelfire (Mage Craft, #1)
  • Legacy (Thaumatology, #3)
  • Dark Dates (Cassandra Bick Chronicles #1)
  • Tall, Dark and Immortal (Entity, #4)
  • Real Vampires Take a Bite Out of Christmas (Real Vampires #10.5)
  • Twisted Sister of Mine (Overworld Chronicles, #5)
  • Throne of Oak (Maggie's Grove, #2)
  • Art of Cunning (Crookshollow Foxes, #1)
  • Midnight Hunt (Bonded By Blood Vampire Chronicles, #3)
  • Dying to Date (Fated Match, #2)
  • Offered to the Werewolves (Shifters of Shadow Falls, #1)
  • Searing Ecstasy (Guardians of the Realms #7)
I confess I've had a love affaire with vampires for several years now, especially warrior vampires, the kind found in the books of Sherrilyn Kenyon, Lara Adrian and JR Ward. Though I've been published in Regency Romance under the pseudonym Valerie King--and yes one of my Regency Novellas features a vampire--one day I woke up knowing I had to create my own contemporary world of the warrior vampire. ...more

Flame (7 books)
  • Amethyst Flame (Flame #2)
  • Dark Flame (Flame #3)
  • Amber Flame (Flame #4)
  • A Touch of Flame
  • A Wolf's Love (Flame #5.1)
  • Emerald Flame (Flame #6)