Start by marking “Painting Lily” as Want to Read:
Painting Lily

Painting Lily

Liliana Daniels isn't so different from other women. Until she becomes the other woman.

When she moves to Cape Cod, single mother with a budding art career, she is determined to make a fresh start and leave behind the disappointment and loss that defined her former life. Until her old boss, Dr. Leo Stocker, shows up to help launch her into the Cape gallery world. Their trip
Published May 22nd 2015 by Mimi's Art

To ask other readers questions about Painting Lily, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Painting Lily

Start your review of Painting Lily
Ed Beard
Jul 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a terrific book. Lots of fun. Lily, a single mother, gets involved with a self indulgent and a bit full-of-himself married man. Things do not work out precisely perfectly. I suspect many women will identify and empathize, but I recommend this book strongly to men for its insights into what certain relationships feel like from the other side. Lily has much to teach us and she is a delightful instructor.
Michael
Jul 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed "Painting Lily". It was highly suggested by a friend who knows I mostly read business, personal development and non-fiction. That being said I was anxious to find a good "summer read" that I could lose myself in. I found the characters to be very well developed and really had a feel for who they were; as a result I couldn't wait to find out "what's coming next". Painting Lily turned out to be much more of a "page turner" than I expected. Both the relationships with her daughter ...more
Debbie
Jul 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great summer read, loved it. Good suspense and very emotional. A very creative ending by the author.
Tara
Mar 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This Book is a real page turner! The moment I began reading this book it grabbed my attention. The settings and characters are so descriptive it was as if a movie was playing in my mind as I read the book. Having lived on Charming Cape Cod for several years now, I immediately enjoyed where portions of the book took place. Lily is a strong character who I am sure many women can relate to. Lily is a woman who is raising a child, searching for that dream career that fulfills her, and most important ...more
Peter D
Aug 05, 2015 rated it did not like it
Facebook and its algorisms is not something I, or anyone I know, quite understands but for some reason the page for Painting Lily showed up on my Facebook page-presumably because a friend or a friend of a friend "liked" it. Curious, I clicked through and read what could only be described as a rant by the author about the negative reviews she's been getting and, at the same time, asking her friends to go to this site-sign up-and review it. Wow! Even more curious, I found it here on goodreads and ...more
Butch
Sep 08, 2016 rated it did not like it
Far more interesting than this trashy novel is the author’s blog, excerpts of which were read aloud recently at a party. I've not met Mimi Schlichter but she hubristically calls her blog “The Muse Speaks” and writes daily about how things are going in “Mimi land.” It’s the absolute absurdity of it all that makes it so entertaining. Entries include failure, betrayal, and a sanctimonious perspective on writing this book. For example: It’s okay to have an affair with a married man because God will ...more
Jill Turk
Aug 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was surprised I really enjoyed this book so much. It was a great summer read, yet not fluff. Those of us who have dated many different men (or women) will recognize much, but will also learn a lot from it. I connected quickly to the main character and the author made me care about her a great deal.
The book was engrossing and I could hardly put it down. There was a lot to think about when I was reading it and even after I finished it.Like all of us, Lily has strengths and weaknesses that appe
Laurie
Aug 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the book, and wonder about some of the negative reviews. I found myself mentally yelling at Lily for some of the decisions she made - or the way she ignored all the "signs" she asked for. While I could totally see why she followed the paths she did, for the live of me I could not see what she saw in her love interest. He was so self absorbed!

Having been a seasonal resident of the Cape for many years, and I loved how the author weaved in places and descriptions that only added t
Michael
Nov 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ms. Schlichters' first effort is outstanding. Peeling back the layers of the human psyche one by one she reveals the foibles of us all. Introspection from a womans point of view adds perspective and is probably an eye opener for many men. Career, love, desire, child rearing and the challenges that come with them are all handled with clairity and aplomb. Written from the heart, Painting Lily is a revealing book about human nature together with all it's mysteries and entanglements. Yes it takes tw ...more
Vivienne W
Jul 30, 2015 rated it did not like it
This book is so uninteresting that I found myself thinking about things like doing the laundry while I was reading it.
The protagonist and the plot lack depth.
I put it down (it did look cute on my Cape Cod nightstand) and then picked it up a few days later but I had forgotten what I had already read and just didn't care enough about the characters to start over. Plus it's confusing.
So I took it to the local library swap-shelf where someone else can pick it up for 50 cents!

Lianne
Jul 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
For the first few pages I had a hard time understanding why things were happening, but once in - I very much got it and then could not put it down.
I thought the characters became very well developed and there were those great "turns of phrase" that perfectly portrayed, for me, feelings we have all had while trapped in our own messes.
Thanks for the entertainment Mimi!
Joni Rich
Oct 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
I thought that this was going to be a good summer read but it was more complex that I expected. The characters are rich,y developed and the plot took some surprising turns; especially the ending. This is a quick read but it also gives the reader lots of thought-provoking issues to ponder and discuss iat your local book club.
Julie O'brien
Jul 14, 2015 rated it it was ok
I was disappointed in this book. At first I thought it going to be a "50 Shades of Grey" for the married. I found myself going back and forth wondering when certain characters or situations were introduced. And then the end was just bizarre. The entire write up on the back didn't seem to have much to do with the story. Bummer ... I was looking forward to following another new author.
Wonrakcomcast.net
Aug 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Painting Lily, riveting and a page turner. For those in quest for another immersion of relationships and consequences, here it is. A fast and easy read that interweaves local Cape Cod venues and events into a fractured life that is constantly yearning for more. Which in the end, only you can define what is more.
Medea Palandjian
Jul 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! I was so looking for a good "beach read" and this was it! It was one of those books you just couldn't put down. I couldn't wait to see what would happen next... It really was a page turner! I was sad to reach the end as I found myself wanting more.
Julie
Jul 21, 2015 rated it did not like it
What a waste of $15.00. Instead, go to the library and get a real book. This one is so lame and amateurishly written it was self published by the author. Buyer beware!
Pat Thatcher
Aug 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Loved the choice of endings. Lots of moral questions in this book.
Lea
Jul 18, 2015 rated it did not like it
Don't waste your time on this book! Too many other great ones out there! Very uninteresting......same old same old stuff!!
A writer wannabe!! She should maybe concentrate on her art....
Mary
Jul 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great summer read! Written in the perfect narrative and with a nice touch of local flavor. The "painting" of the main character unfolded in a natural and heart-tugging way. Well done!
Laura Taylor
Jul 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I read this book in four hours...riveting...couldn't help but wonder what's next.
Lisa Painter
rated it did not like it
Jul 17, 2015