Start by marking “A Woodland Wedding (Owl Diaries, #3)” as Want to Read:
A Woodland Wedding (Owl Diaries, #3)

A Woodland Wedding

(Owl Diaries #3)

This series is part of Scholastic's early chapter book line called Branches, which is aimed at newly independent readers. With easy-to-read text, high-interest content, fast-paced plots, and illustrations on every page, these books will boost reading confidence and stamina. Branches books help readers grow!

Eva's teacher, Miss Featherbottom, is getting married. All of her s
Published January 5th 2016 by Scholastic Inc.

Mandy
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read to my student in my class and she seemed to love it! We focused on story setting and she drew pictures from each chapter of the setting in that particular part of the book. Very cute! Can't wait to read more.
Aarifa
Dec 21, 2016 rated it did not like it
had to read to my sister. It counts, you know.
Elise
Nov 11, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-to-mercy
This one was not insanely adorable the way the #2 book in this series was, but it was still pretty cute. I like how they show that the "mean girl" in the book isn't a one dimensional "bad character" but she's a complete character with good qualities in addition to the bad qualities.
zapkode
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens, paperback
{My thoughts} – There was a lot going on in this book. First of all Eva’s teacher was planning a wedding and all her classmates helped. Her teacher lost her necklace and all the classmates worked together to try and find it. And a surprise birthday party was thrown for their classmate Sue.

This book helps to show children that more can be accomplished when you work together. This book series is started to remind me more and more of Wonder Pets a show my older children use to watch about classroom
MrsMacClass
Nov 23, 2016 rated it liked it
ML My book review is on a book called Owl Diaries. Eva's teacher is getting married! This was a very
awesome book! My faverite part was when Eva got a plan to do a secret wedding for her teacher.
Eva has a friend named Lucy Beekerman. They have sleepover's all the time!! On there sleepover's
they make to do list's.

Did you know that owl's sleep in the day and are awake at night.

I would recommend people who like animals.

Amber
Dec 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Cute chapter book about an owlet named Eva Wingdale. The premise is Eva has a diary to keep track of her adventures. This is the only book I've read in the series.
Reverie
Jan 09, 2018 rated it liked it
I loved the journal aesthetic throughout the book what with the lined paper, a typeface that mimics handwriting, and illustrations that look like colored paper.

I had mixed feelings about the puns. I was fine with Owlifornia, pinephones (pinecones + telephones), owlementary, flap-tastic, feathercut, Winglish, owlsome, owliverse, wing-credible, The Hootles, Wingdale, Beakman, Clawson, and Featherbottom; but I thought flaperrific, owlman, and flappy-fabulous were too much of a stretch. Squirrelly
Nicola
May 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Like other books in Scholastic's Branches series, this is a mix of early chapter book and comic book. There are lots of colour pictures with speech bubbles and colourful To Do Lists and large font text. It works well for Miss 3 (although it can get frustrating for me when she wants to point at every single speech bubble) and there are enough colour pictures that she can sit down and 'read' the book to herself.

Miss 3 and I like to explore different books at the library and try to get different on
Cynthia Parkhill
Muchos niños de mi escuela leen los libros de esta serie. Este libro es muy divertido, especialmente con las mascotas de las lechuzas. Estoy leyendo esta serie en español para practicar. (Many children at my school read the books in this series. This book is a lot of fun, especially with the owls' pets. I am reading this series in Spanish for practice.)
Pinky
Jul 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-17
Miss Featherbottom is getting married and her owlementary school class has winged together to create a secret wedding club to help with the many wedding duties. Another totally cute, totally teamwork Owl Diary, with a little mystery thrown in for good measure.
Laurel Horner
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fabulous little series for Little Kids.
Jocelin
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A very cute series and so much fun to read!
Lisa
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ellemae
EM loves this series too!
Justin Karras
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review by an 8 year old

“This book is really good and I like weddings” words from my 8 year old. She can relate to the school situations. Good for her reading level.
amypete
May 30, 2017 rated it liked it
My first grader loves these books. Cute, colorful illustrations, clever "owl" speak, good lessons, and sweet characters.
Arlington
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like this book because it's easy and fun and it doesn't take a long time to read I like this book also because it's about owls and it has fun words like owls riffic
Tia Garrigues
May 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
cute stories for my 4yo
Gwendolyn Chung
Cute book. My 8 year old daughter enjoyed it. We read it together for a book report.
Caroline
Aug 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
I like to read books that kids tell me they like, so I can understand what they enjoy. This is one of them. Here's what I like: I found the cutout collage-like illustrations charming, they way they call things that are uncool "squirrelly", and the lined paper diary format. Funny..I found Mrs Featherbottom a bit of a Bridezilla who keeps harping on her lost necklace. Things I didn't like so much: I think the biggest one is that there is gender stereotyping. Girls like pretty wedding things and so ...more
Becky
Jan 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
A Woodland Wedding is the third book in Rebecca Elliott's Owl Diaries series. I have found each book adorable and enjoyable. I find the main character, Eva Wingdale, to be a joy to spend time with for the most part. In this book in the series, Eva is super-super excited that her teacher is getting married, and that she has invited the entire class to help her with her wedding preparations. In addition to all the wedding talk, this one has a bit of a mystery too.

If you or your child have enjoyed
Barbara
Brand-new readers may enjoy practicing their newly-acquired reading skills by reading this book about a class of owls and their teacher. When Miss Featherbottom, their teacher, announces her wedding plans, the owls are all thrilled for her and excited to be a part of the wedding. But things start to go amiss, and her heirloom necklace goes missing. It's up to Eva and her friends to solve the mystery, save the day, and insure that the woodland wedding goes off without a hitch. There's also some d ...more
Holly Letson
Eva and Friends always have fun, and this story is no exception. It comes complete with a sneaky friend, a theft, and a wedding. How could that not be exciting?!?

When Miss Featherbottom's necklace turns up missing days before her wedding, Eva and Friends suspect Sue Clawson, who is in hiding, and who seems to hate weddings. In reality, Sue's mother is making the wedding dress and Sue feels she forgot her birthday, which is the day after the wedding. In reality, a pet stole the necklace, so Eva
Serenity
*I received a free copy of this book from the publisher through my district library services*

These beginning chapter books are very popular. The illustrations are colorful and fun. Some of the made up words are a little goofy, but add a bit of whimsy to the story. Little girls who like to imagine their weddings or plan for parties will enjoy this light read.

[ATA After reading another wedding-related book I realized how much it annoys me when books for young girls focus on the peripheral aspects
Alicia Evans
May 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
I am blazing through this series. It's adorable. We get a special wedding in this one and Eva and all her friends are very excited. As someone who is currently planning a wedding, I enjoyed the silliness that a class could plan an entire wedding in less then a week. And the humor runs well throughout. This may be my new favorite early chapter book series.

For: fans of owls; fans of weddings; readers wanting a diary format and fun illustrations.

Possible red flags: theft (though unintended as mal
Miss Kate Reads
This is a great little "branch" (hahahaha ... oh please yourself) book about the further adventures of Eva a little forest owl. Eva's teacher is getting married! Almost everyone is very excited but will Miss Featherbottom find all the items she needs in time for the wedding? And who took her special necklace? And how could anyone not like weddings?
Amanda
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: evelyn, kindergarten
This was the first one in the series we read and definitely has been re-read. I was glad my daughter her chose this as one of the books she bought at book fair, because it's a challenge for her, but she loves the illustrations and lots of the same things as Eva, so it keeps her reading. I enjoy them as well and they are equally good as read alouds and read independently.
Corinne
The illustrations are so cute I wanted to love this book. There are many play-on-words with owl life but rather than funny they felt overdone and sort of wore on me. The story also felt to drag on and the characters were a little slow, too. This book did not capture attention and did not hold interest.
Beth
Jan 13, 2017 added it
Such a cute little series! So fun for a beginner reader with adorable characters who go through relatable circumstances that the younger reader may go through. My eight year old daughter, who does not enjoy reading, read the series during her Christmas break, without nudging from me!
Ariel Cummins
Only three stars because the teacher's lack of wedding planning and letting her students bake the cake + decorate + find the band the day before the wedding was giving me second-hand stress. But obviously super cute.
Kelly Carey
Dec 29, 2015 rated it liked it
The colorful illustrations and limited text on each page will appeal to beginning chapter book readers. Readers who are not quite ready for Diary of a Wimpy Kid can start with this series and work their way up.
  • The Halloween Goblin (Pixie Tricks #4)
  • The Princess in Black and the Perfect Princess Party (The Princess in Black, #2)
  • The Lunch Witch
  • I Really Like Slop! (Elephant & Piggie, #24)
  • Memoirs of a Hamster
  • Bink and Gollie: Best Friends Forever (Bink & Gollie, #3)
  • Hoot and Peep
  • Little Santa
  • Cowgirl Kate and Cocoa: Rain or Shine
  • Castle: How It Works
  • Tea Party Rules
  • That's (Not) Mine
  • Amy and the Missing Puppy (The Critter Club, #1)
  • Our Hero (Babymouse, #2)
  • Fancy Nancy and the Wedding of the Century
  • Is He a Girl? (Marvin Redpost, #3)
Rebecca Elliott is the author and illustrator of the best-selling Owl Diaries series (Scholastic US) & over 20 picture books including Just Because, Sometimes, Naked Trevor and Zoo Girl, for which she was nominated for the 2012 Kate Greenaway Medal.
Her new series The Unicorn Diaries (Scholastic US) & her first YA novel 'Pretty Funny for a Girl' (Penguin Random House) is due out 2020.

Owl Diaries (9 books)
  • Eva's Treetop Festival (Owl Diaries, #1)
  • Eva Sees a Ghost (Owl Diaries, #2)
  • Eva and the New Owl (Owl Diaries, #4)
  • Warm Hearts Day (Owl Diaries, #5)
  • Baxter is Missing (Owl Diaries, #6)
  • The Wildwood Bakery (Owl Diaries, #7)
  • Eva and the Lost Pony: A Branches Book (Owl Diaries #8)
  • Eva's Big Sleepover: A Branches Book (Owl Diaries #9)