Start by marking “A Woodland Wedding (Owl Diaries, #3)” as Want to Read:
A Woodland Wedding (Owl Diaries, #3)

A Woodland Wedding

(Owl Diaries #3)

Eva's teacher is getting married--and the whole class is invited to the wedding!
This series is part of Scholastic's early chapter book line called Branches, which is aimed at newly independent readers. With easy-to-read text, high-interest content, fast-paced plots, and illustrations on every page, these books will boost reading confidence and stamina. Branches books help
Published January 5th 2016 by Scholastic Inc.

To ask other readers questions about A Woodland Wedding, please sign up.
Helen
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of A Woodland Wedding (Owl Diaries, #3)
Mandy
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read to my student in my class and she seemed to love it! We focused on story setting and she drew pictures from each chapter of the setting in that particular part of the book. Very cute! Can't wait to read more.
Elise
Nov 11, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mercyemily
This one was not insanely adorable the way the #2 book in this series was, but it was still pretty cute. I like how they show that the "mean girl" in the book isn't a one dimensional "bad character" but she's a complete character with good qualities in addition to the bad qualities.
Mckayla
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is pretty good. This book is about a girl named Eva and her classmates help their teacher prepare for her wedding.
zapkode
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
{My thoughts} – There was a lot going on in this book. First of all Eva’s teacher was planning a wedding and all her classmates helped. Her teacher lost her necklace and all the classmates worked together to try and find it. And a surprise birthday party was thrown for their classmate Sue.

This book helps to show children that more can be accomplished when you work together. This book series is started to remind me more and more of Wonder Pets a show my older children use to watch about classroom
Nancy Kotkin
A series offered by Scholastic's Branches imprint of early chapter books. Lots of visual support for the text, making it perfect for emergent readers and children transitioning from picture books into chapter books. The diary format produces text in a conversational style, further enhanced through the abundant use of speech bubbles. The protagonist, Eva, is a likable, creative problem-solver who likes to involve and support her friends. Each volume contains comprehension questions at the back of ...more
Alicia Evans
I am blazing through this series. It's adorable. We get a special wedding in this one and Eva and all her friends are very excited. As someone who is currently planning a wedding, I enjoyed the silliness that a class could plan an entire wedding in less then a week. And the humor runs well throughout. This may be my new favorite early chapter book series.

For: fans of owls; fans of weddings; readers wanting a diary format and fun illustrations.

Possible red flags: theft (though unintended as mal
MrsMacClass
Nov 23, 2016 rated it liked it
ML My book review is on a book called Owl Diaries. Eva's teacher is getting married! This was a very
awesome book! My faverite part was when Eva got a plan to do a secret wedding for her teacher.
Eva has a friend named Lucy Beekerman. They have sleepover's all the time!! On there sleepover's
they make to do list's.

Did you know that owl's sleep in the day and are awake at night.

I would recommend people who like animals.

aarifa
Dec 21, 2016 rated it did not like it
had to read to my sister. It counts, you know.
Amber
Dec 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Cute chapter book about an owlet named Eva Wingdale. The premise is Eva has a diary to keep track of her adventures. This is the only book I've read in the series.
Emma
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
I wish weddings were that easy to plan! Not that I would know firsthand but I did help two of my best friends with their wedding and just that was exhausting.
Placid
Jan 09, 2018 rated it liked it
I loved the journal aesthetic throughout the book what with the lined paper, a typeface that mimics handwriting, and illustrations that look like colored paper.

I had mixed feelings about the puns. I was fine with Owlifornia, pinephones (pinecones + telephones), owlementary, flap-tastic, feathercut, Winglish, owlsome, owliverse, wing-credible, The Hootles, Wingdale, Beakman, Clawson, and Featherbottom; but I thought flaperrific, owlman, and flappy-fabulous were too much of a stretch. Squirrelly
Cadence
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Nicola
May 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Like other books in Scholastic's Branches series, this is a mix of early chapter book and comic book. There are lots of colour pictures with speech bubbles and colourful To Do Lists and large font text. It works well for Miss 3 (although it can get frustrating for me when she wants to point at every single speech bubble) and there are enough colour pictures that she can sit down and 'read' the book to herself.

Miss 3 and I like to explore different books at the library and try to get different on
Pinky
Jul 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-17
Miss Featherbottom is getting married and her owlementary school class has winged together to create a secret wedding club to help with the many wedding duties. Another totally cute, totally teamwork Owl Diary, with a little mystery thrown in for good measure.
Jessica
Apr 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
Not my favorite in the series, but my 4 and 5 year old enjoyed it. As always, the illustrations are bright and go perfectly with the story--a good way to transition from picture book to chapter book while still holding my kids' attention.
Tia Garrigues
May 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
cute stories for my 4yo
amypete
May 30, 2017 rated it liked it
My first grader loves these books. Cute, colorful illustrations, clever "owl" speak, good lessons, and sweet characters.
Lisa
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ellen-mae
EM loves this series too!
Jocelin
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A very cute series and so much fun to read!
Laurel Horner
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fabulous little series for Little Kids.
Justin Karras
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review by an 8 year old

“This book is really good and I like weddings” words from my 8 year old. She can relate to the school situations. Good for her reading level.
Lara Samuels
Jan 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Beginning chapter book with lots of dialogue. Not the most complex or interesting storyline but my students seem to be enjoying the series. I did like the reading challenge at the end.
Biarrowitzgmail.Com
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love this book even though I don't like reading. Simple funny and great for kids
Jeannette Albertos Pelton
This series is wonderful for my 1st grader. She enjoys the play on words, and I like the lessons on friendship.
Tanisi
May 09, 2019 rated it liked it
I think this book is fun and I recommend it to kids who are starting to read chapter books. It is to easy for me but it is fun to read.
Kristen
Jun 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s
A little too cutsie for me, but I'm not the target audience.
Virginia
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, library2019
Beth Anne
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-aloud, 2019
Sweet and fun, with great illustrations and design. Read aloud to Gwen.
Ashlea
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
i like this book because Ava and her friends helped miss featherbottom with :finding her necklace,putting an Party together, solving a mystery and more.
Crystal
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved the theme and the pictures
« previous 1 3 next »

• Amy and the Missing Puppy (The Critter Club, #1)
  • The Princess in Black and the Hungry Bunny Horde (The Princess in Black, #3)
  • The Three Little Pugs (Princess Pink and the Land of Fake-Believe, #3)
  • The Princess in Black and the Perfect Princess Party (The Princess in Black, #2)
  • The Princess in Black and the Science Fair Scare (The Princess in Black #6)
  • The Princess in Black (The Princess in Black, #1)
  • The Princess in Black Takes a Vacation (The Princess in Black #4)
  • Pug Blasts Off (Diary of a Pug #1)
  • Liz Learns a Lesson (The Critter Club, #3)
  • Ellie the Flower Girl (The Critter Club, #14)
  • The Princess in Black and the Bathtime Battle
  • Marion Takes a Break (The Critter Club, #4)
  • Moldylocks and the Three Beards (Princess Pink and the Land of Fake Believe, #1)
  • The Princess in Black and the Mysterious Playdate (The Princess in Black #5)
  • Heidi Heckelbeck Has a Secret
  • There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Chick!
  • Liz's Night at the Museum (The Critter Club, #15)
  • All About Ellie (The Critter Club, #2)
Rebecca Elliott is the author and illustrator of the best-selling Owl Diaries series (Scholastic US) & over 20 picture books including Just Because, Sometimes, Naked Trevor and Zoo Girl, for which she was nominated for the 2012 Kate Greenaway Medal.
Her new series The Unicorn Diaries (Scholastic US) & her first YA novel 'Pretty Funny ' (Penguin Random House) are out now.

Owl Diaries (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Eva's Treetop Festival (Owl Diaries, #1)
  • Eva Sees a Ghost (Owl Diaries, #2)
  • Eva and the New Owl (Owl Diaries, #4)
  • Warm Hearts Day (Owl Diaries, #5)
  • Baxter is Missing (Owl Diaries, #6)
  • The Wildwood Bakery (Owl Diaries, #7)
  • Eva and the Lost Pony: A Branches Book (Owl Diaries #8)
  • Eva's Big Sleepover: A Branches Book (Owl Diaries #9)
  • Eva and Baby Mo: A Branches Book (Owl Diaries #10)
  • The Trip to the Pumpkin Farm: A Branches Book (Owl Diaries #11)

News & Interviews