Start by marking “Dandelions” as Want to Read:
Dandelions

Dandelions

Beautifully explores the father daughter bond. A little girl notices her father mowing the lawn - in the process destroying her favourite flowers: the dandelions. She rushes out to stop him, but she's too late, they're all gone. There's nothing for it: she's just going to have to sit outside and wait until they grow back! But fortunately, Dad has another idea.

Taking her ha
Published October 1st 2015 by EK Books

To ask other readers questions about Dandelions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dandelions

Start your review of Dandelions
Dimity Powell
Oct 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Understated and delicate as a dandelion in full flight and just as beautiful. This debut picture book by Katrina McKelvey and Kirrili Lonergan team is sure to fill the soft pastel and fairy predilections of many a young miss. The father daughter relationship this breezy imaginative tale explores adds extra weight and delight.
Audrey
May 19, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jack
The illustrations are beautiful and imaginative, but it is a bit corny at the end.
Marylou
Sweet story about a girl and her love for dandelions.
The illustrations were very good!

**Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.
Jess
Dandelionsis a heart-warming picture book about the relationship a young girl and her father share.

Distraught, a young girl runs out to stop her father from mowing down her favourite flowers, the dandelions. Too late, the father tries to console her and together they find some more dandelions and bond over what it must be like to be a dandelion and where they go. At it's heart, Dandelion is a story about the relationship a father and daughter share, while touching on the magic and beauty of natu
Nayuleska
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Quality time is spent together for this father and daughter doing simple and rewarding activities revolving around dandelions. I love stories that focus on family relationships. The anguish the girl experiences when the dandelions are mown soon dissipates into pure joy as the two of them look at the dandelions which survived the incident.

It shows the magic of nature which is more incredible than a video game. It encourages readers to go out and explore the world outside peoples homes which can
Emilie
Oct 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a very sweet book about a father and his little girl. After he mows over all the dandelions in their yard, she is upset because she loves dandelions. He takes the time to show her where more are, and then they have a sweet conversation about dandelion seeds. The illustrations in this book were magical and appealing. Daddies and little girls should enjoy this book.
Betsy
Oct 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book in return for my honest review. All opinions are my own.

I thought this book was simply beautiful. I loved the story, I loved the illustrations. Simple and beautiful. There was nothing about this book I didn't love. Plans to buy a copy soon are in place!
Jason
Jul 08, 2016 added it
Shelves: picture-books
I wonder if dandelions are smarter than we give them credit for by designing themselves to spread their seeds when people blow on them.
Vicki
May 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture
Maybe dandelions are not weeds. Share this book and you will look at them differently. Nice
Judy
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
A little girl's celebration of dandelions and fathers!
Michelle Gray
I love dandelions and am a firm believer that they are a misunderstood flower so I really wanted to love this book. I just thought it sounded choppy or like the voice just didn't fit the character. The swirling dandelion illustrations were pretty, though.
La La
Jan 14, 2016 rated it it was ok
The illustrations for this story were wonderful. However, the writing was mediocre at best. It was too repetitive. I was approved for an eARC, via Edelweiss, in return for an honest review. This book will not be reviewed on my blog because it is less than four stars.
Bec
Mar 12, 2019
Ava
Apr 09, 2020
Katrina McKelvey
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Deborah Kelly
rated it it was ok
Dec 30, 2015
Bambi Pea
Dec 11, 2016
Katrina McKelvey is a children’s author, former primary school teacher, wife, and mother to two tweenagers and a cocker spaniel. She’s written many children's picture books and educational readers including No Baths Week, Up To Something, Isla’s Family Tree (April, 2020), and Chasing Rainbows (August, 2020). She’s highly involved in CBCA, SCBWI, literary conferences and festivals, and loves visiti ...more