Start by marking “In the Garden of Weeia” as Want to Read:
In the Garden of Weeia

In the Garden of Weeia

When the Unelmoija and her sister dropped Ernie off at Harry’s house near Portland, Maine before vanishing into time, they hoped to give him a fresh start. Unfortunately, Ernie, a lanky shy man with a natural gift for technology and gadgets enhanced by his superhuman Weeia abilities, fell in with the wrong crowd. Left holding the bag for a crime he did not commit, Ernie is ...more
Published June 22nd 2015 by Poyeen Publishing (first published June 21st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about In the Garden of Weeia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In the Garden of Weeia

Start your review of In the Garden of Weeia
Dianne
It takes a special talent to pull off carrying on a series minus the main character, especially when that character was written to be an amazing person. Elle Boca has done it with In the Garden of Weeia. A techno geek gets a second chance at a good life, but his abilities make him fair game for trouble and the wrong choices lead Ernie on a downhill slide to the wrong side of the law. Ernie is always up for a good challenge, but this may be one challenge he should pass on. Re-enter the world of t ...more
Kirsty (Amethyst Bookwyrm)
Thanks to Elle Boca for giving me this book to review.

Ernie has been given a fresh start but he has fallen in with a wrong crowd. When he has been charged with a crime he didn’t commit, Ernie is sentenced to do grub duty at the Marshals academy for a year. He tries to keep his head down but he cannot resist a challenge and gets swept up in a sinister plot which could cost him his life.

In the Garden of Weeia is the enjoyable spin-off novella set after the events of the Weeia series. It is fast pa
Richard Bunning
Aug 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a light weight novella, which I think is aimed primarily at secondary school level. That doesn’t mean that adults that enjoy Hogwarts and Narnia won’t enjoy reading about Weeia. The lively little story kept me well entertained, though this sort of fantasy is no longer exactly my thing. I would have been a very enthusiastic reader it my early teens.
There is certainly some originality in Boca’s characters and at least in this book their superpowers are kept almost in the bounds of the poss
Nicholas Rossis
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fans of Boca's Weeia series (myself included) will be relieved to learn that the story continues, albeit without Amy - aka the Unlemoija. This new story features Ernie, the wiz-kid who got a second chance at life, courtesy of Amy.

To be honest, when I learned that Boca was continuing her series, I was apprehensive. I could not fathom how the story could go on without Unelmoija. Feels like Star Wars without Yoda.

Thankfully, pull it off Boca did.

As I read, I gradually stopped thinking of Amy. Inste
Reader's Hollow
Jul 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
**We were given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review**
The Reader's Hollow Book Blog

I liked the idea of an academy and the justice system that was in place for the Weeia. Like our own it's a bit flawed but serves the basic purpose to protect people. I learned a bit more about their weaknesses and it was cool to see it from Ernie's perspective.

It wasn't long ago that I'd read the first in the series "Unelmoija: The Dreamshifter". It was a decent start with an imaginative species of
S.A. Molteni
Jun 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
In the Garden of Weeia by Elle Boca is a novella length story centered around Ernie, a secondary character in the previous Weeia Series (Unelmoija).

When the last book of the Weeia Series ended, I was sad that the series was complete and still hungry for more. Thankfully, Ms. Boca delivered with this wonderful offering that makes a lovely addition to the Weeia Series.

I do miss Amy and the rest of the Weeia from the previous books. However, I found myself getting very engrossed in this new story w
Leslie M.
Sep 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ernie Satuan is a Weeia, which means he has superhuman abilities. In his case, those abilities pertain to technology and gadgets. Though he is smart, he is a bit too trusting. When he puts his faith in the wrong people, he finds himself punished for a crime he did not commit. He is sent to perform grub work at the Marshals’ Academy, which is similar to being sentenced to military service. Even there, his talents get him in trouble on more than one occasion. He sets about to try and outsmart meas ...more
Sheri
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
In The Garden of Weeia by Elle Boca

The Unelmoija and her sister dropped Ernie off at Harry’s house near Portland, Maine hoping to give him a fresh start. But Ernie, a man with a natural gift for technology and gadgets (enhanced by his superhuman Weeia abilities) falls in with the wrong crowd.

Now blamed for a crime he did not commit, Ernie is sentenced to the Weeia Marshals Academy doing grub work. Breaking the rules there is not a good idea, but Ernie ends up in the middle of a sinister plot th
Toni Owen-Blue
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
I know this sounds like an odd way to start a review but I’ll do it anyway; The Garden of Weeia was confusing to me because I’m not sure why it was written and why I’m supposed to like it. Usually it’s pretty clear; an author might focus on character development or world building or just a straight up classically good plot. So usually when I review a book I can point at what the author was trying to do and applaud how they did it, or proclaim it not for me and move on.

Is it that I’m supposed to
Claudia
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting alternate reality

Fun light read. Two humanoid species, humans and the weeia. One is hidden among us and has special powers, their own schools and government.
Ashley Tomlinson
Dec 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was worried I wasn't going to like this book because my favorite characters weren't going to be in it but I still liked it. I came to know weeia, as Duncan and Amy but I was so glad to hear that there was a little more to the story. I wasn't quite finished being in the land of weeia yet. This is a novella, spin-off from The unelmoija series. It was fast paced, short and a fun read.

Poor Ernie, his weeia abilities always seem to get him trouble. He gets punished for a crime he didn't commit and
Sharon Stevenson
Jun 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
'In the Garden of Weeia' is a novella spin-off from Boca's Weeia series, featuring interesting new character Ernie.

I found this a quick and enjoyable read, with a character who was almost instantly likeable. It's the start of a new and intriguing storyline in Boca's world of super-humans with fantastical powers.

The Marshals Academy was a cool addition to the world of Weeia. I liked that Ernie's story was drastically different from Boca's previous main character Amy. The story was really fresh y
Joanie
Cheryl Wood
Tina
Raymond Stone
Sep 16, 2015
Elle is the author of two urban fantasy series about superhumans called Weeia, the Unelmoija Series in Miami and the Marshals Series in Paris. Growing up the only child of a monkey mother and a rabbit father she learned to keep herself entertained and spend time reading. Elle makes her home with her king cat husband in South Florida.

Published ebooks and print books include

Weeia books