Start by marking “Moonstruck (Diablo Lake, #1)” as Want to Read:
Moonstruck (Diablo Lake, #1)

Moonstruck

(Diablo Lake #1)

In Diablo Lake, Tennessee, a town populated by werewolves, witches, and more, magic woven deep into the earth protects the town's secrets from outsiders.

Published June 20th 2016 by Carina Press

Carrie
Jun 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Having left Diablo Lake a few years back running from a bad break up Katie Grady is a bit hesitant to return but knows that her family needs her. Finding a place to live near the man she'd had a crush on for years wasn't a bad turn of events though. Jace Dooley is now hotter than ever and the two find themselves drawn to each other.

Diablo Lake though is inhabited by witches and werewolves. Katie herself is a witch that has just been coming into her powers and finding out just how strong she is.
Dianne
Jun 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Take one secluded small town, two rival were clans, add the town witches, and rest assured you have a recipe for trouble and fur will fly. Katie, a witch, is back in town after being left at the altar by a Pembrey werewolf years before and no one is happier than the future alpha of the Dooley pack, Jace.

Gone is the young witch just coming into her powers and in her place is a stunning and feisty woman, whose powers are have grown exponentially. It’s that power, those looks and that i
D.G.
This was so boring....and repetitive...and there was SO.MUCH.TALKING with nothing happening!!

On top of all that, it wasn't even sexy.

Katie Faith (yes, that's her name and its mentioned 565 times...yup, I searched) moves back to Diablo Lake (mentioned 81 times). She left after having been left at the altar and her return starts the hostility between the two rival werewolf packs. Because you see, Katie Faith is a witch
Jo
Jun 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 3-5-stars, gr2016

I always enjoy a good PNR, and this was sweet one.

Katie Grady left her hometown, Diablo Lake, to get over a humiliating breakup. But now she’s back to help her parents. And Jace Dooley, the guy she’s had a crush on for years, is living in the sublet she just started renting. And he’s even sexier, and the chemistry that’s always been between them is hotter than ever. But Katie’s magic is a lot stronger than it was when she left, and suddenly both wolf packs wants her for their own.

Jace has always

Sissy's Romance Book Review
I received an eARC, from NetGalley and the publisher, in exchange for an honest review.
'Moonstruck' by Lauren Dane is book one in the "Diablo Lake" series. This is the story of Katie Grady and Jace Dooley.
Kaite left Diablo Lake a few years back after being left at the alter. The man she was going to marry was a shiftier but he was also sleeping around on her. Katie is a which of sorts and hadn't yet come into her powers or started using them. So now one knew how powerful she would be. But now
Wendy
May 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jul-16
The Hurley Boys series, by Lauren Dane is one of my all-time favourite series. I couldn't resist when I saw Moonstruck by this author and I enjoyed entering her supernatural world of witches, shifters and werewolves.
Diablo Lake is a town infused in the paranormal. Magic woven deep into the earth protects the town's secrets from strangers. Katie Grady is a witch and returns home, after 3 years, to help her Mom with her ailing Dad. Jace Dooley, police officer and werewolf prime has the oppor
Lyndi W.
Oct 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-star, wtf
(Edits at bottom of review)

I was thinking "five stars" until the end. Minus two stars because WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?!

You call that an ending?! Did the last few chapters of my book just DISAPPEAR?!

Where's the epic showdown? Where's the fucking CLIMAX? The RESOLUTION?

That was a fucking awesome story until the end, which should NOT have been the end. Nothing is resolved. Nothing is even neatly tied up for a continuation of the story in a sequel, as the sequel doesn't even
Emily
Katie Grady left Diablo Lake after being left at the altar, now she is back after her father had a stroke to help her family out. Katie quickly realizes that there is no place like home and decides she is back for good. Renting an apartment across from Jace Dooley is an added bonus.

Jace has wanted Katie since he can remember, but she was always untouchable. Now she is single and Jace decided she is the one for him. Katie though finds herself not questioning being with Jace but the rivalry betwe
Tina
May 30, 2016 rated it it was ok
This was hard to rate. I didn't dislike it, but the plot made no real sense. It feels like it was circling around something and didn't quite get there.

The heroine Katie tread dangerously close to the Mary Sue line. And the central conflict -- a balance of power between the wolves in a small wolf/witch controlled town, made not a lot of sense really. I honestly could not grasp it. It just seemed like the story careened from one confrontation to the next with the same warnings, threats an
Blushing Reader
Jun 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
This is a hard one to rate... it was a solid story, great characters, but it was repetitive. It felt like the same stuff kept circling over and over, when I was just wanting things to move forward. I really liked the idea of Diablo Lake and a community of witches and shifters living together, but I just wanted more "relationship" in the story. Moonstruck is a start to a new series so I will be curious to read the next book, now that the series is "set up" I would like to see if the next book is ...more
Under the Covers Book Blog
I was extremely excited when I saw that Lauren Dane had a new paranormal romance series coming out. I've enjoyed her previous PNR series and couldn't wait to dive into a new one. But I quickly realized that MOONSTRUCK and Diablo Lake are different than those. While still continuing to have the style that I've come to like in Lauren Dane's books, this series is more.... homey?

Diablo Lake is a small town of supernaturals. Katie Faith has just come back to town to help with her family business a
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Java Girl's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

I rarely read paranormal romance, and Lauren Dane’s Moonstruck:Diablo Lake was my very first shifter book. I've never even been tempted to read a shifter book, much less commit to reading and reviewing two books. People who shift into animals has always struck me as too hard for me to find believable. But, I like Lauren Dane’s writing, so I thought I'd take a chance on her new series about werewolves and witches in a small town in the S
Samantha
Jun 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 wolf stars. I have been so caught up in the contemporary romance sub-genre that I forgot about my love of paranormal/fantasy romances! Thank God for Lauren Dane because she made me remember my love. The story was entertaining, fantasy filled and passionate.

Jace is my kind of wolf. Do the wolves that roam the woods become men like Jace because if they do I'm going to find me one. Jace is so genuinely good it brings me pain. He has a strong moral compass, is ridiculously thoughtful and sweet wh
Jackie
Source:Carina Press EARC in exchange for honest review

Book Buy Link
Amazon

BOOK SYNOPSIS

In Diablo Lake, Washington, a town populated by werewolves, witches, and more, magic woven deep into the earth protects the town's secrets from outsiders.

Katie Grady left Diablo Lake to get over a humiliating breakup; but her fam
Page Count: 352
Heat Level: 3 flames out of 5
Rating: 4 stars out of 5
Blurb:

Katie Grady left Diablo Lake to get over a humiliating breakup; but her family needs her help, so she's back, in a sublet right across the hall from the guy she's lusted after for years. Jace Dooley is hotter than ever, and their friendship picks5
In5
Moonstruck
Laurie
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, paranormal
When I picked up Moonstruck, I was expecting a quirky town with even quirkier inhabitants. I kinda sorta got that but this was more about the politics of keeping the balance in a town surrounded by magic and inhabited by two wolf packs as well as a group of witches. Balance is hard to keep when one group decides it’s better than the other two which is exactly what happened here.

Katie Faith left after being jilted at the altar. I’m not sure I would have liked the Katie Faith of the pa
Chelsea
May 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: uf-pnr, weres, magic
This review was originally posted at Vampire Book Club.

I’m an unabashed Lauren Dane fan and have been auto-buying her contemporary romances for a long time, but I always love it most when she visits the paranormal side. (I absolutely adore her Bound by Magick series, and suggest you pick up Heart of Darkness ASAP for a whole lot of “mine” goodness.)

So, yes, I totally jumped on Moonstruck. Werewolves plus magic plus Lauren Dane? SOLD. And I’m happy to report it lives up to the expectatio
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
This classic paranormal romance from Ms. Dane is a superb read. In this new series, a town filled with magically supernaturals will naturally cause sides to be taken and fights to occur. In this story of the dueling werewolf packs, the prize is delectable Katie Grady. She is not a wolf from either pack. Instead, she is a witch who was jilted by her fiancé. Humiliated and heartbroken, she left her home to escape into the big city full of mundanes. When her daddy is ill and needs her back to help ...more
Pam Nelson
Jul 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Moonstruck Stars

What a great start to a new series. I have to say I wasn’t sure how it would work because well I have never read a paranormal book by Lauren Dane. But for me she knocked it out of the park.

I love the balance between wolves and witches. I also loooovvvvveeed that they were not the ones at odds but it was pack again pack kind of can’t really give to too much away there.

So we have Katie Grady coming back to Diablo Lake because her dad became ill and her family needed
PepperP0t
Witch Katie Faith Grady's relationship with scion to the powerful Pembry clan was problematic to say the least and ended in a break-up so humiliating Katie Faith left Diablo Lake. Always soft for Katie, town deputy, heartthrob Wolf, Jace Dooley was more than happy that she was back after three years and she'd grown into a woman they could both love and appreciate.

When Katie Faith's well liked elderly parents need her help at home, she packs her pride and her wounded heart with her ne
Mara
Jun 28, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: trash-bin
Boring, stupid to the point of being offensive to anyone with a brain, totally lacking in plot and resolution to whatever thin tread of it was there.
Paranormal is a dress here, not the structure. (In other words it's fake, it could be money and the story wouldn't have changed.)

The speech mannerism was almost irritating, and a couple of glaring, in your face mistakes were really sore points. Has this book been edited at all? Yes, they were that kind of mistakes (two characters s
Holly
I'm a huge fan of Dane's novels. I've enjoyed pretty much all of her previous releases (though obviously I liked some better than others). When I saw she was writing a new paranormal series set in the south I got really excited. It's been my experience that she does both really well, so I figured the two together would be a major hit. I took some time after finishing Moonstruck to write the review because I'm on the fence about my feelings.

It's not that I disliked the book, per se.
Shari
Jun 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
This story pulled me in from the first page and kept me engrossed throughout the entire story, until the end. This was a different take on werewolves and witches then what is usually written. This couple's connection and love for one another is strong. You can feel the family bonds in this story. This couple gets a happy for now kind of ending. This was a good read, which I enjoyed. I look forward to reading the next book.

ARC received from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for
Andrea Heltsley
May 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have found a new favorite author! Having never read her books before, I took a chance after reading the description. WOW! The story blew me away!
The characters were so well developed and quirky. The romance was steamy. The plot was perfectly executed.
Did I mention I love shifters? This book had plenty of sexy shifters, but actually had a romance and a plot, not just sex with some filler info. It's rare to come across quality shifter romances anymore.
Diablo Lake: Moonstruck, was just what I
Debrac2014
I gave it 3.5 stars! Werewolves and witches! I was hoping for a story more like Dane's Cascadia Wolves series but this is fluffier. Katie comes across as an airhead but you quickly realize she isn't! I'm interested enough to read the next story in the series.
Tracy's Place
DNF at 70%

This started off really well but then didn't seem to go anywhere.
Sandra "Jeanz"
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shifter
I recently decided to revisit a genre I have loved for a long time, I guess some would refer to it as paranormal though to narrow that genre down to be even more specific I'd describe it as "shifters". I originally discovered another title by Lauren Dane via Netgalley, and have since explored her other book title listings on Goodreads.

I love the purple hue to the cover of this book, really giving the impression of being under the moonlight. The couple on the front I'd say have to be Jace Dooley
Angela Crockett
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Who needs to cook and clean when you have a great story to read? I am a fan of Lauren Dane's books but I got lucky to come across the Diablo Lake series. It's a town with wolves, cats, witches. .. . everybody gets along until lines are divided. Cute love story too. Jace and Katie Faith are the cutest witch/werewolf couple that I have read about in a while. Looking forward to book two in the series Protected.
Melinda
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book. A cracker start to this series I think. I mean what's not to love? Werewolves, witches, magic, alphas, drama, jealously....it's all happening!
Amanda
DNF at 29%. I like a small town paranormal, but this was lazy world building and insta-love. Not for me.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Insatiable (Luecross Wolves, #2)
  • Claimed by Love (Wild Hunters, #1)
  • Feline Heat
  • Shared for Love (Shifter World: Royal-Kagan #6)
  • The Bear Project (The Projects, #2)
  • Andromeda's Fall (Shadowcat Nation, #1)
  • At One's Pleasure (Keeping Her, #2.5)
  • Dark Alpha's Hunger (Reaper, #6)
  • Samuel (Samuel's Pride #1)
  • Falling for You (Trueblood, #2)
  • Heart Of The Wolf (Eye Of The Storm, #3)
  • Love Bites
  • Nessa's Two Shifters (Wolf's Pass Shifters, #1)
  • Prymal Lust (Prymal Series)
  • Chasing Cassie (Shadowpeak Wolves, #2)
  • Slow Ride Home (The Grady Legacy, #1)
  • Fire and Ice (Triple Trouble, #0.75)
  • The Darkest Day (Immortal Heat, #1)
Lauren Dane has been writing stories since she was able to use a pencil, and before that she used to tell them to people. Of course, she still talks nonstop, and through wonderful fate and good fortune, she’s now able to share what she writes with others. It’s a wonderful life!

The basics: Lauren is a mom, a partner, a best friend and a daughter. Living in the rainy but beautiful Pacific Nor

Diablo Lake (2 books)
  • Protected (Diablo Lake, #2)