Start by marking “The Rise of Ren Crown (Ren Crown, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Rise of Ren Crown (Ren Crown, #3)

The Rise of Ren Crown

(Ren Crown #3)

Reeling from what the students at Excelsine University are calling "Bloody Tuesday," Ren is determined to regather her magical family. But the events of the attack were not without multiple costs. Magically broken and exposed, Ren is ripe pickings for multiple factions that want to use and chain her, and the Department is the scariest of the pack.

With only a limited amount
372 pages
Published July 30th 2015 by Excelsine Press (first published July 28th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Rise of Ren Crown, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Cris
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of The Rise of Ren Crown (Ren Crown, #3)
T
my heart is honestly RACING. anne zoelle really just fed me SO WELL with ren and constantine. i'm THRIVING. (spoiler ahead because this time... i can't contain myself.)

(view spoiler)
alyssa
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
renstantine that’s it that’s the review
Cris
Jun 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing

EDIT: I just read in the author's page that there will be 5 books in this series, not 4.

"I'll do horrible, terrible things in your name," he murmured, fingertips dragging along my skin.
I sigued. "That doesn't work on me"
"I know. More's the pity." He smiled and lifted a lock of my hair against his lips.
It was the closest I'd ever felt Constantine experience contentment

I really really loved this book! It is definitely not suffering of the "sequel syndrome" where nothing happens and you can te
tai
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya-read, 2018
MANY THOUGHTS
1. the first half had too much axer and that made it lowkey boring ops but I love ren! so it’s fine
2. I MISS OLIVIA SO MUCH RIP
3. second half solidified me as a renstantine shipper I officially stan forever!
4. I loved the scene where ren turns those guys that flirted with her into a toad wish I had the ability to do that it would be useful. But I also feel bad for her :/
5. ren leaving her stuff all over con’s room tho they are already in a serious relationship and they don’t even
Ornella (Nyx)
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
These books...

There isn't much I can say that hasn't been said already. Zoelle is a superb writer. Everything from the writing style, world building to the characters is masterfully done.

I love the emphasis on friendship and how Ren has 0 prejudice against her fellow students. She takes them all at face value and this allows those people to actually be themselves without having to act/think like everyone else already thinks they should because of who their parents are or what type of mage they a
Navdha
Oct 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ILOVE THIS BOOK WITH A PASSION!!

-----------------------------

Gaaaaah!!! I want the next book

I love this series so much that it's hard to write it down in words! I thought I wasn't getting my dose of Constantine but then the author delivered and I was a happy kitty again. I can't wait to see how this brilliant series and comes to an end. I can't wait for Ren to be more awesome with all her great friends at her side. I just can't wait. I feel like I'm bursting at the seam with my love for this boo
Navdha
Aug 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
In loooooveee
amanda
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"I wil never abandon you."
Her hand wrapped around the back of my neck and she pulled my forehead against hers. "Ren, I know."

Another amazing book in this series!!! I'm absolutely loving where the plot is going. Ren is such an amazing character and with each book, I really appreciate how loyal, protective, and kind she is to all her friends. Even though Olivia was absent throughout most of this one, her friendship with Ren is probably my favourite part of this series. They love each other so
Nini
I love Ren Crown with all my heart. She's honestly one of the best characters I have ever read about and my admiration for her knows no limits. I love everything about her: how fiercely she loves, cares and protects her friends, who have become her family; her loyalty to them and how she would literary do anything for them, no matter the cost to her; her ability to forgive her loved ones easily; her bravery and strength, her drive and her never ending positivity; how, no matter how many times sh ...more
Vetsy
Jun 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nook
I really love these books and wish that the next one was already out. I liked the scenes with Dare and Leandred the most and then I also like the dynamic between the three. I love Ren and the way her character is, she has a lot of likeable qualities. I like the group of misfits that she befriends. There is not a lot of drama in this book (between characters) it's not overwhelming and I like that their is just the right amount of romance in the story. There are just so many great things about the ...more
emma
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Reread: 17/09/17
I'm reading these again because I've missed the gang. I'm definitely enjoying them more on the 2nd round

Well that was action-packed from start to finish. And can I just say that I love Constantine
Holly Hughes
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
ash
Aug 03, 2018 rated it liked it

I was expecting this book to as interesting as the second one, if not more but I was disappointed. The first half of the book was slow and didn't really held my interest.

I was waiting for Constantine but I got Dare for the most part in the first part and I was hoping that I will get to see Constantine and Ren getting closer or something like that but alas, I didn't get that either.

It got interesting near the end so I can't really complain, I just hope the next book will be more interest
Genesis
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WOW this is def my favorite book in the series so far loved it!!!
Weaving Fiction ( Sj )
Me? Internally screaming because of how damn good this series is? You’re right, I am.
Noreen
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
this series saved my reading drought I can't believe it made me fall in love with words again

(and constantine k b y e)
Julia
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I can't believe I finished this within a day. This is my fave of the series so far - I was hooked from start to end. PS: Renstantine is superior
Erin
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love Constantine and Ren so much
manasa k
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
this series is just staying consistently really good i'm so impressed
also ren had better end up with constantine just saying
Jasmine
I'm going to sob because I finished the book and the other books haven't been released. Hell, I don't know if they've even been written.
This fills me with great sadness.
I've taken a huge liking to these books and characters and I was in shock when I saw that this book didn't even clear 400 pages unlike the last two. Huge disappointment. For this series, the longer the books, the better.

So this book kinda dragged a little. The whole point of it was getting Olivia back, and this doesn't happen un
Lauren
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites

“Sequel syndrome”? Never heard of it, sorry. The Rise of Ren Crown is hands-down my favourite book in this series. I can’t even fully explain how much this series has improved since The Awakening of Ren Crown and also how quickly it stepped up. This has become one of my favourite series. The Ren Crown series deserves more acknowledgement and praise. At least some fan art, please!

Rise only covers one week of events for Ren and her friends, but it’s PACKED with drama, tension, anxiety and moments
claire
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars bumped up to 4 because of the swoony Renstantine moments and my love for Ren Crown as a character.

This is very unique from the first two books in that it immediately follows what happened in the second book and covers a week instead of several months. This was weird to adjust to because it led to the plot not being as set up over time with intricacy and intensity.

The intensity comes from Ren’s mission to find Olivia and adjust to life without her temporarily and the aftermath of Blood
Valery
Jan 14, 2016 added it
Though I still enjoyed the book , I was a little disappointed with the ending. The first two books had been wrapped up quite well, ending the storeyline, yet giving you a desire for more, where as book 3 just kind of... stopped.
*spoilers* You don't know for sure if one of the characters made it back safely, the rest are barely on campus, not even given time to breathe and settle, and you get the terrible "noooooo! Don't end it like that!" feeling.
While cliffhangers are fine in my opinion, as l
Zainab
Dec 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really great books. I feel like my reviews for them are getting repetitive! But what else can I say?
The problem is the slow unnecessary details at the beginning. This book could have been much much shorter.
I would have loved to see more action or more mysteries uncovered.
I really hope the next book is more fast paced and if it’s long that it would be necessarily so.

(view spoiler)
Lucia
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
UPDATE****
I keep changing my mind about this book. And my feelings for Dare and Con. ON THE ONE HAND I LOVE THEM BOTH.
ON THE OTHER HAND I HATE CONSTANTINE AND FIND DARE MILDLY ANNOYING WHEN HE DOES HIS ~~~I live on a special island that you will never know of Ren Crown~~~ THING.
Then again Constantine does his *~*ohh look at me I am secretly evil except IM IN LOVE WITH YOU MUAHAHAHA*~* thing.
So.
they are both stupid.
Ren should be gay.
That's my official opinion.
Bye.

Margaret
Jul 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Anna
Aug 11, 2015 rated it liked it
The third and, I had thought, last book of the Ren Crown series continues Ren's disastrous misadventures with her mage friends and her own highly combustable powers in the highly combustable world of Excelceline. This is undoubtedly the most complex young adult series I have ever read plot-wise, and I had to re-read literally half of the preceding book in order to find my feet in this one. I will probably have to do the same with the next book. It's worth it, though, in order to appreciate the g ...more
Karla
Sep 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
All throughout the book I was anxious for Olivia to get rescued, and it wasn't until the very end, but even I felt like Ren when she was safe back in Excelsine. The things that Ren did in order to get her back were what most of the book was about, and it was interesting because it was a great way to learn more about the magic world and the things that could be done, plus a lot of things got revealed.

There was little to no romance and that was great since it was never a huge part of the series, i
Pamela
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
this series is seriously fun to read especially when you could really see the development of the characters and their relationship with one another particularly Ren's relationship with Olivia and Constantine. you could also see the evidence that Axer and Ren are truly not for each other because he's not trustworthy unlike Con.

how the latters' relationship (Olivia's) with Ren has blossomed and how their priorities have changed with Olivia wanting to conquer the world to sacrificing herself for Re
Goodreads Librari...: Adding a new book to a series 3 73 Sep 02, 2015 01:16AM

• Covenant College: The Complete Series (Covenant College, #1-5)
  • Soul of the Sword (Shadow of the Fox, #2)
  • Slaying Monsters for the Feeble (The Guild Codex: Demonized, #2)
  • Night of the Dragon (Shadow of the Fox, #3)
  • The Wedding Trap (Second Service, #1)
  • Winterborne (Universe Unbound, #1)
  • Queen of the Shining Sea (Blade and Rose, #4)
  • Delayed Admission (Shadow Veil Academy #1)
  • Love on Lexington Avenue
  • Unpregnant
  • Outling
  • Hidden Deep (Hidden Saga, #1)
  • Rehema Book 1 Kindred Spirit
  • Family and Honor (Jacky Leon #2)
  • Dragonsworn
  • A Demon Bound (Imp, #1)
  • Unraveler

Ren Crown (5 books)
  • The Awakening of Ren Crown (Ren Crown, #1)
  • The Protection of Ren Crown (Ren Crown, #2)
  • The Unleashing of Ren Crown (Ren Crown, #4)
  • The Destiny of Ren Crown (Ren Crown, #5)

News & Interviews

“I'll do horrible, terrible things in your name,” he murmured, fingertips dragging along my skin.” 9 likes
“I replaced my lip with my thumb as my nervous chewing object. "I've taken over your workspace. Your hours. Your life."
"You've taken over the very heart of me. Blah, blah. What do you want to do about it?" He tilted his head and drew his ribbon through his fingers. "No, I'll tell you what I want. I wa-"
"I'm sorry!"
"Do you hear me complaining, Crown? Do you actually know me to do anything I don't want to do?”
3 likes