Start by marking “Dragon Soul (Dragon Falls, #3)” as Want to Read:
Dragon Soul (Dragon Falls, #3)

Dragon Soul

(Dragon Falls #3)

NOTHING BURNS HOTTER . . .

Sophea Long knows that escorting her octogenarian client to Europe will be an adventure. Mrs. P has a habit of stealing anything shiny, and the former "hoochikoo dancer" is a lot faster than she looks. But Sophea hadn't counted on Mrs. P leading her right into the arms of a smoldering, dark-haired stranger who kisses like a dream. If only he'd giv
Published March 29th 2016 by Hodder & Stoughton

To ask other readers questions about Dragon Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragon Soul

Beth
Dragon Soul is a flat out fabulous fun, brilliantly witty and all around fantastic romance.

Sofea Long husband dies almost as soon as her marriage began. She never found out that she was mated to the last Red Dragon…making her a Red Dragon herself.

Sofea is hired to chaperon a very elderly and “slightly” eccentric woman, Mrs Papadopoulous (Mrs. P.) to her cruise down the Nile. Unbeknownst to Sofea, the cruise is to the Duat, the Egyptian Underworld and the only one standing between Mrs. P and damn
Dianne
Talk about a mood enhancer! Dragon Soul by Katie MacAlister was like a breath of fresh air at a warm and sunny beach after being cooped up all winter. A devilish blend of passion, action, danger and humor, I was hooked from the start!

Take one quirky, offbeat heroine on a mission to protect a little old lady who is the queen of cougars, for sure! Tons of sexual innuendo, not to mention some real, flaming dragon heat passion and did I mention the hotter than heck hero? Add a cast of Who’s Who for
Anna's Herding Cats

Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup. (on blog 2/12/18)
Amazon: http://amzn.to/2CkHc6Q

Oh I love MacAlister's dragons. Outrageous, cheeky, and charming.

The Gist: Sophea's been hired to escort an elderly lady to Egypt where she's catching a cruise. Problem is...said elderly lady is a klepto, maybe on the run from demons and an all around handful. Sophea's formerly sane life has taken a nose dive into crazytown complete with an oh so lickable stranger named Rowan who quite possibly has nefa
Gaele
Jun 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
AudioBook Review
Stars: Overall 4 Narration 4 Story 4

What do you do when you are newly widowed, nearly broke and have a desire to find the next new thing in your life? Take on a position as companion to an elderly woman destined to head to Egypt and cruise the Nile. So perhaps all of us aren’t so lucky to fall into that opportunity, but maybe luck had very little to do with it. At least, that’s Sophea’s take after discovering just HOW difficult and confusing this new position really is.

See, So
Maria Rose
Dragon Soul is book 3 in the Black Dragons series by Katie MacAlister but is my first book by this author. It was the synopsis that drew my attention to the story – it sounded like an interesting and fun premise and I’m happy to say that it exceeded my expectations and was a really delightful read.

In this story, Sophea’s been hired (by a man claiming to be a relative of her late husband Jian) to escort an elderly woman on a cruise in Egypt, with a quick stop in Munich along the way. Her client’s
Bambi Unbridled
If you follow my reviews, you know that I am just gaga for Katie MacAlister and her dragons. They are such fun reads. If you are in a serious mood or feeling extra logical, then pass these by until you are ready to have some slapstick fun.

This book starts off a bit differently in that our hero is not a dragon! Roman Dakar is the brother of Aiofe and Bea from the earlier books of the series, and he is known as the Dragon Breaker. After accidentally wiping out the Red Dragon sept, Rowan has been
WTF Are You Reading?
This book is filled to the brim with intrigue, secrets, magic, banter, romance, comedy, and F-U-N! Fun!
Oh yeah! Just in case you weren't tipped off by the sexy guy on the cover, with the gorgeous, winged reptile on his back. There are dragons...very sexy dragons.
Poor Sophea Long is a woman who is not having the best of luck in love...or otherwise.
Which is why, in an effort to put the recent death of her husband behind her, Sophea has agreed to accompany a quirky, coquettish, and excessively klep
Catherine (The Sassy Bookster)
DRAGON SOUL is a laugh out loud, absolutely entertaining madcap blend of adventure, passion and humor with a scatterbrained heroine, an intense hero, a kleptomaniac octogenarian and a trip through the Underworld, not at all what I expected but just what I needed.

Sophea Long has been hired to escort her elderly charge to Egypt to join a cruise down the Nile. While her charge turns out to be a handful with a fascination for anything shiny, Sophea finds herself caught up in trying to protect her fr
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
Dragon Soul is book three in the Dragon Falls series by Katie MacAlister.

I love Katie MacAlister’s dragons. They are just so much fun and the humor she brings into the story keeps things from getting dull. I fell in love with MacAlister’s dragons when I picked up You Slay Me (Aisling Grey #1), which is the very first dragon book featuring the Green Dragons. After that I was hooked.

Do you need to read all the dragon books, no, but we get appearances from many of the previous characters & cou
Candy Varty
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I wasn't sure at first about this one, but as it went on, Wow ..I wish there were more of the Dragon Series.
C.S.Bieber
Aug 23, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Sehr verwirrend. Das Schreibstil hat mir überhaupt nicht gefallen. Der Anfang war langatmig und ich wollte mehrmals das Buch abbrechen. Ich habe mehr erwartet.
 Reading In Pajamas
Review: DRAGON SOUL by Katie MacAlister http://wp.me/p3d0RZ-4wW
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Publication Date: March 29, 2016
Reviewed by: Reading in Pajamas/ Donna
Rated 3.5 Stars
image

I wanted to like this book more than I did. Her crazy dragon world is full of imagination and hijinks that are sometimes hard to keep up with. Rowan and Sophea were fun but don’t expect a sultry romance. It was more rapid dialogue (Sophea never stops talking) and fast paced action. It was unique and I couldn’t wait to see

Gaele
AudioBook Review
Stars: Overall 4 Narration 4 Story 4

See, So
Jacque
Mar 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sophea is nearly broke, a widow and no idea what to do with her life. She is offered a job, to escort an elderly lady to Europe. It seemed like the ideal job. Little did she know how lively her octogenarian client would be, or that she would lead her into a world she never knew existed. A world with dragons, demons, and mysterious dark-haired stranger. She determined to protect her charge from herself as well as others, but that stranger kisses like a dream…

Of the three books in the series, Drag
Teresita
Jan 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
From the second sentence the book, “Would this happen to be your vibrating butterfly?”, Dragon Soul will keep you both smiling in delight and page turning to see what happens next.

In Dragon Soul, Dragon Soul, Katie MacAlister has once again taken us into her paranormal Dragon world filled with passion, action and humor. Her excellent gift of portraying an innocuous scene that by peeling away the layers by turning the page gives the truth of the tale.

For our heroine, Sophea, the world that she
Heather andrews
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing

I loved Sophea, girl was a breath of fresh air, "I wrapped a hand around the base of his p****, giving it a friendly squeeze, not hard, just enough to let him know I was there. “Such an odd piece of the body,” I said, leaning forward to touch my tongue on what I figured was a sensitive spot. “And yet so very fascinating, too.” I loved Rowan, "he was silent for a moment, his hands tightening on my hips. “Aroused. Powerful. Dominant but protective. Do that last thing again.” I nipped the underside
Susanna
Dec 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Best book in the Dragon Falls trilogy with an interesting plot and a love story that seemed believable. Stakes were high, but because the heroine was clueless about it, the reader didn't feel the importance of saving the world at any point either, which diminished the impact of the book somewhat. But at least it didn't have an annoying third wheel 'quirky' character with an endless unnecessary commentary, and the lighter characters never took over the plot completely, which made the book an enjo ...more
Maria11
DNF sadly have to say I could not finish this book. I wanted to love it. Dragons are one of my favorites! But alas I could not stand the heroine. She babbled like an insecure girl and her comments were not appropriate and she was so not heroine material. Even when she was in the throws of "passion". She sounded like a blithering idiot. The plot seemed interesting but she annoyed me too much to continue. :(

Received a copy from the publisher through NetGalley.
Barbara ★
Excellent conclusion to the series. I totally loved Sophea and Rowan. Their chemistry was electric and the humor was off the charts. I so loved seeing all the gang together. Simply wonderful.
emily star ✨
Im dritten Band der Black-Dragons-Reihe beschreibt Katie MacAlister in gewohnt witziger und unterhaltsamer Art das Kennenlernen von Sophea und Rowan. Ähnlich wie in ihren anderen Büchern gibt es dazu eine amüsante und temporeiche Story.

Die Herausforderungen, vor denen Sophea und Rowan stehen, betreffen auch das Schicksal der Welt. Der Leser lernt Sophea und Rowan ziemlich gut kennen und auch Nebencharaktere wie Mrs P sind detailreich ausgearbeitet.

Es gibt außerdem ein Wiedersehen mit dem Ersten
Deborah D.
Jul 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-paranormal
Wyverns, can't live with them, won't live without them

The dragon septs are in a roil, red dragon mate is found, the First Dragon and Rowan make a deal. New friends and old share a journey with older enemies.
The newest wyvern gets tutored by Constantine, Kostya and Gabriel. Quite a hoot overall, the impulsive 'turned on by x-name your body part' chatter is beginning to feel a little formulaic. -1 star

+.5 star for the not tiny, petite female protagonists and feeling out of place and the dragons a
Victoria
Aug 03, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars A little boring until the appreance of the 1st dragon then things got interesting...however, I would've like to of seen the Kostya's mate more and resolve her past with her brother too. it's almost like she had a book and then was dropped. Loved the ending!!! I wonder who will be next. Drake soon to be a daddy again too...yay!!! And if Baltic and his mate were brought back fully why is Constantine still a spirit???

Not to mention...how I love Jim and his new sidekick Gary( who stole the
Charlie
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was ok
Boilerplate. Alas, this is my final Katie Mac dragon read. Katie, I've loved ye well, but your recent work just doesn't live up to your earlier work. The Aisling Grey and dragon series are good up to just after Gabriel and May -- that may be the last really original novel. The rest all seem to me to be interchangeable names and places. In fact, adding Gabriel and some of the other dragons and mates improved this story and could have used more developed input from them.
Shawn
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
So glad to reach the end of this story arc. This had a good couple of plot twist, familiar faces, and a HFN ending. I loved reading again about May and Gabriel (they are my favorite in this series) just wished there was more interaction. I was laughing so hard at the ending chapter, tears running down my face. Always good to end a story with a smile.
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Up a river without

If you are a fan of the Dragon series, this is like a fun family reunion. So many characters that I enjoy are in this novel, and the witty banter moves the plot along. Can't wait for the next one.
Al
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good to get back to reading Katie MacAlister. Great story continuing the incredible Dragon series - all of them. Her characters flow from book to book without flaw. Her humor pops up frequently. Action, romantic and not, is awesome. Delightful reading.
Merry
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book had more build up than the previous books in this series. I didn't find myself as drawn into this one. I liked how Rowan and Sophea had to complete three tasks but the actual written task themselves were a bit short. The ending was pretty fast paced and action packed.
Heli - So Many Books - So Little Time
Ashley
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My favorite book of the series. Made me laugh and a lot of action. Had all of the characters from the other two books. Good needing♡♡
Annette
Chose the audio version. Main character, irritating as hell. I marvel that I actually finished the book. That's all I have to say.
  • Demon Hunting in a Dive Bar (Demon Hunting, #3)
  • I Dream of Dragons (Boston Dragons, #1)
  • Call of the Siren (Demons of Infernum, #4)
  • Sea Dragon (Dragon Knights, #9; The Sea Captain's Daughter, #1)
  • Immortal Nights (Argeneau, #24)
  • Feel the Burn (Dragon Kin, #8)
  • Dragon Her Back (Las Vegas Dragons, #3)
  • Forsaken (Ancients of Light, #2)
  • 7 Months (Time for Love, #7)
  • Forever Dusk (Mortal Machine, #3)
  • Smoke and Fire (Dark Kings, #9)
  • Legend of the Highland Dragon (Highland Dragon, #1)
  • Revenge and Retribution (The Graham Saga #6)
  • Music for My Soul
  • Under the Final Moon (Underworld Detection Agency, #6)
  • Soda Pop Soldier
  • Along Came a Spider (Transplanted Tales, #3)
  • Vanquished
For as long as she can remember, Katie MacAlister has loved reading. Growing up in a family where a weekly visit to the library was a given, Katie spent much of her time with her nose buried in a book. Despite her love for novels, she didn't think of writing them until she was contracted to write a non-fiction book about software. Since her editor refused to allow her to include either witty dialo ...more

Dragon Falls (3 books)
  • Dragon Fall (Dragon Falls, #1)
  • Dragon Storm (Dragon Falls, #2)