Start by marking “The Feedback Loop (The Feedback Loop #1)” as Want to Read:
The Feedback Loop (The Feedback Loop #1)

The Feedback Loop

(The Feedback Loop #1)

Stuck in a virtual dreamworld called The Loop, a man named Quantum Hughes struggles to free himself from a glitch that forces him to live the same day on repeat. His life changes when a mysterious letter arrives one morning from a woman named Frances Euphoria, the first human player he has made contact with in a very long time. Once Frances appears, members of a murder gui ...more
Published August 2015 by Boycott Books

Montzalee Wittmann
The Feedback Loop, Book 1
By: Harmon Cooper
Narrated by: Jeff Hays
I loved this book! It was like he was trapped in a game but was he?...exciting twist and turns..It was fun trying to figure things out with him! Lots of action, great fight scenes, suspense, and real fun mixed with humor.
Narration was perfect since it has Jeff Hays! No need to say more!!!
Great book! I have had this for a long time and I am mad at myself for waiting to listen to it!
Sarenna
May 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I picked up this book mostly because I was waiting for book 5 in the Life is Beautiful series. A series that I decided to try because it was so different from anything I had ever read, and was shocked to find that I really enjoyed.

What do you know? I found I really liked this book too. So much, that I purchased books two and three, and even decided to give The Zero Patient Trilogy a go.

I understand that Cooper's writing may not be for everyone. It's gritty, rough, and downright vulgar at times.
AudioBookReviewer
My original The Feedback Loop audiobook review and many others can be found at Audiobook Reviewer.

In an ever-crowded literary RPG (LitRPG) genre, “The Feedback Loop” stands out as unique, entertaining, and imaginative.  Take many of the components from Groundhog Day, The Matrix, and The Fifth Element, blend them up into a cyberpunk noir storyline and you get a good idea of what you can expect in The Feedback Loop.  It is the first in a series of three books available in all your favorite formats
K.J. Simmill
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quantum was stuck, day after day, year after year living the same day. Like a twisted version of Groundhog day, bit filled with violence. He could set the time by who was attacking him, or the movement of trash. Every day was perfect repetition, although his actions changed small things, some days he died, others he didn't. But Francis' appearance changed his life in the loop. Strange things began to happen. He had been trapped by a glitch, and now there were people seeking to kill him, and they ...more
Scott
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In an ever-crowded literary RPG (LitRPG) genre, “The Feedback Loop” stands out as unique, entertaining, and imaginative. Take many of the components from Groundhog Day, The Matrix, and The Fifth Element, blend them up into a cyberpunk noir storyline and you get a good idea of what you can expect in The Feedback Loop. It is the first in a series of three books available in all your favorite formats. The book is splendidly written by Harmon Cooper and the audiobook narration is performed exception ...more
Aaron Nagy
Jun 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Got this on a recommendation....it was not what I was expecting. It's another guy trapped in a video game world but it feels developed completely independent from the rest of the genre and more of a weird/fun story about the main character who was trapped in a cyber noir world alone for multiple years and how he is basically acting like a cyber noir main character because of all the time he spent there and of course he gets rescued and now has to help other people. The book is certainly a thing ...more
Bongi
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing - Read it in one go.
Travis
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
Inderzit Sidhu
Nov 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction, favorites
Norma
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
( Format : Audiobook )
"France is dangerous? Maybe if you're a snail."
Easily one of, if not the most enjoyable audiobooks I have heard for a long time. Colourful characters, well constructed interesting storyline, ongoing often hilarious action, dialogue humour - sometimes laugh out loud - and a brilliant narration. This book has it all. I listened to it all, without break, long into the night.
The Feedback Loop is a type of Groundhog Day, set in cyberspace. Quantum ("Call me Quantum") Hughes is s
Susan
Initially, I was drawn into this world that Quantum is trapped in. Every day starts off with yet one more attempt to kill him. He’s got it down to a T now because he’s stuck in this cybergame on some kind of loop. Life holds no more mysteries for him, except for the big one: why is he trapped here and how can he get out? This story definitely has elements of the movie Groundhog Day (which I always found boring) but luckily this story gives us just a taste of Quantum’s repetitive life before some ...more
John Perkins
It started off as a cool cyberpunk story, but then some of the language really started to turn me off. The 1930s Sam Spade-esque language didn't quite fit the world, and there were just too many bits about the game world that threw me off. Dude collected one item per day in his world and that's how he tracks the days. But on day one he didn't know what was going to happen, so why wasn't his inventory full of stuff after the first day? Who plays an MMORPG and doesn't completely overfill their inv ...more
Bonnie Dale Keck
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kindle Unlimited, This writer has serious 'issues', reviews are reader's way of saying ya need help sparky, just wait and write some more first.

The Feedback Loop: (Book One) (Sci-Fi LitRPG Series) - Steampunk is Dead: (Book Two) (Sci-Fi LitRPG Series) (The Feedback Loop 2) - High Fantasy: (Book Three) (Sci-Fi LitRPG Series) (The Feedback Loop 3
The Feedback Loop (3-Book Box Set): (Scifi LitRPG Series)

Reapers and Repercussions: (Book Four) (Sci-Fi LitRPG Series) (The Feedback Loop 4) - The Mechani
Shannon Wolf
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great read

My son turned me on to this series (its ok he is 23), and I consider myself a lucky Dad. It has all the right stuff for an awesome read, violence (lots of violence) dark and gritty ambiance, great slang, humor, bodacious babes, and a nifty sci-fi plot and lots of violence. If this kind of story is you cup of tea, then I recommend this book, and I will be starting the next book immediately.
Chris Evans
Sep 28, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: litrpg
This is what you'd get if you crossed .hack//sign with Groundhogs Day. The story was fine though nothing really special, but the prose in this book are great and I'm not usually someone who notices. The story is a pretty good one off, though it does setup a series in the epilogue that I'll probably checkout eventually.
Lurino
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fast and short, and sort of twisted

The first part of the book was more boring than anything else I've read, until a woman came to change it all. The twists and turns following the incident were enjoyable, though fast paced and, not as noir as the writer intended. Nice try. We'll see what happened in the next books
Mojoreb
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The author provided me with a free audiobook copy in exchange for an unbiased review.

The Feedback Loop by Harmon Cooper reminds me of those big and stupid action movies. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Not all books need to have a philosophical or deep meaning behind it. Sometimes you just need to relax and enjoy the fun. I certainly did as I really liked this book.

The book has a plot that we have seen before and characters that we have also seen before. The sarcastic and temper
Bonnie Dale Keck

The Feedback Loop (3-Book Box Set): (Scifi LitRPG Series)

Joe Corso
Mar 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Finished the first book in the series and started the second. Overall it is a decent read, there is a lot of violence and over the top reactions from the protagonist. Worth a read if you feel the need to vent at the world. I would not suggest this for younger readers at all.
Deborah
Jul 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Interesting idea with a mixture old fashioned & futuristic settings + language. Not totally my kind of book but good enough to keep reading & the ending isn't too much of a cliffhanger so you can stop here or read book 2
Leibowitz
Fairly disjointed and jumpy, sometimes ultraviolent and making fun of it. Writing style is ok, but just not my kind of book...
Karsyn
Good one, different. Loved the different items. Definitely will read more, though the MC was a little slow on the uptake about things.
Bill Scoville
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you love noir read this

I bought this book a year ago and lost it in my library, so glad I finally read it, it was fantastic
Rodger Nelson
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loved this story the dude basically killed everybody and everything and later was like I'm done so why do you always try to kill me.
Matt
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Just finished

It was a fun book. I struggled with the MC for a while, but he grew into someone I could enjoy. Look forward to the second book
Brad T.
Couldn't finish it after about 25% completion. It wasn't poorly written, just couldn't get into it.
Brock Deskins
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is RPGlit, the first I'd ever read and I quite liked it. The characters were well drafted and the story engaging.
Maurice Jones
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful LIT-RPG!! Loved the story and humor!
Justin
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
LitRPG fun

I found this book refreshing and interesting. I quickly got wrapped up in the character and really enjoyed the setting. Will read the next book.
Toasha Jiordano
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was such a fun book. It sent me down a rabbit hole of LitRPG.
  • The God In The Clear Rock
  • Re:union
  • The Arm Of The Stone (The Stone Duology, #1)
  • Iron & Wine (The Iron World Series #1)
  • Anubis Nights (Jonathan Shade, #4)
  • Resounding Truth (Resounding, #2.5)
  • Lucifer’s Star
  • Bearded: A Very Hairy Children's Book
  • Right Ascension
  • The Galapagos Incident (The Recyclers #1)
  • Astra: Synchronicity
  • Rogue's Quest (Dragon Chameleon #1)
  • Horror, Humor, and Heroes
  • Secret Santa Baby
  • Billy and the Cloneasaurus
  • Orphans In the Black
  • Some of the Best from Tor.com: 2014
  • Starblind (Starblind, #1)
Harmon Cooper is the author of the Life is a Beautiful Thing Series as well as The Feedback Loop Series. In 2017, he will release Fantasy Online, an offshoot of the Feedback Loop series.

He has written 18 books and will likely write 18 more before 2021.

The Feedback Loop (7 books)
  • Steampunk is Dead (The Feedback Loop #2)
  • High Fantasy (The Feedback Loop #3)
  • Reapers and Repercussions (The Feedback Loop #4)
  • The Mechanical Heart (The Feedback Loop #5)
  • Cyber Noir Redux (The Feedback Loop #6)
  • Proxima Riven (The Feedback Loop #7)