Start by marking “New York State Of Mind ” as Want to Read:
New York State Of Mind

New York State Of Mind

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  56 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Legendary performer Billy Joel's bluesy ode to New York introduces children to the verve and magic of the city.

"I'm taking a Greyhound on the Hudson River Line - I'm in a New York state of mind."

Billy Joel's evocative lyrics invite readers to tag along as two spirited little dogs experience the energy and excitement of New York City, one of the world's most visited cities.
Published November 1st 2005 by Scholastic Press

To ask other readers questions about New York State Of Mind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about New York State Of Mind

Lauren Stoolfire
Jun 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Such a fun little picture book with excellent watercolor illustrations to explore NYC with!
Gail Barge
I love New York City so much and this books rich illustrations made me want to leave on a greyhound bus for new york. This book could be included in a music study of the song written by Billy Joel and the beautiful images in the book could be compared to real pictures of all of the prominent locations in new york. Students could then write about their own town and all of their favorite places to go.
Maddie
Jan 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this picture book 'New York State Of Mind' because of the beautiful drawings in this book. I love the watercolour drawings and the style of art. It gives a colourful bright look on the famous New York City. The book is different to other picture books.The words in the book are lyrics to Billy Joel's song: New York State Of Mind. This is one of my favourite picture books that I have read.
Rachel
Sep 30, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Really simple book- sweetly stylish watercolors of New York City, paired with the lyrics of Billy Joel's song New York State of Mind. The song always makes me feel a really strong sense of nostaligia for New York (although I still live here) and the book has the same effect. It would be a good gift book for a child who had visited New York, or had a relative who lives there.
Barbara M
Lovely watercolor illustrations. Each page is labeled with what the name of the neighborhood and area. There is a little dog that appears on every page and later he is joined by a little female and they explore New York together. There's a disk to play on your CD player of Billy Joel singing as you turn the pages. Fun, fun, fun.
Ryan M. Hanna
Dec 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Love NYC!
Dolly
Aug 12, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading to their children
Shelves: childrens, 2008, other-usa
Narrative is okay - pictures are great. Our girls loved the puppy love story.
Janice
Oct 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-lit
One of my favorite Billy Joel songs with pictures that make me homesick. But I'll look at them every time. Good companion to the song.
Rissie
Apr 10, 2009 rated it really liked it
Cute book with lovely illustartions. I read during a layover at JFK.
Winter Sophia Rose
Aug 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful Story & Illustrations!
Atchisson
Jan 31, 2008 rated it really liked it
Really cute.
Susan
Jan 18, 2008 rated it did not like it
Love the song but it doesn't translate as a children's picture book for me despite the very appealing art.
Grace
Wilson
Apr 09, 2013
Heather Davidson
Mar 04, 2017
William Joseph Martin "Billy" Joel is an American pianist and singer-songwriter. He released his first hit song, "Piano Man", in 1973. According to the RIAA, he is the sixth best-selling recording artist in the United States.

Joel had Top 10 hits in the '70s, '80s, and '90s; is a six-time Grammy Award winner; and has sold in excess of 150 million albums worldwide.[2] He was inducted into the Songwr
More about Billy Joel