Start by marking “The Orb of Wrath (The Merchant's Destiny Book 1)” as Want to Read:
The Orb of Wrath (The Merchant's Destiny Book 1)

The Orb of Wrath (The Merchant's Destiny Book 1)

The Orb of Wrath combines fantasy, intrigue and adventure, while transports the reader into a world where almost nothing is what it seems. Plots, counterplots, mysteries, blossoming relationships, disappointments, betrayals, dangers and successes, are combined in this fun cocktail.
Erion is a skilled looter who runs the kingdom of Bor with his "brother" Mithir, performing
Published June 17th 2015

To ask other readers questions about The Orb of Wrath, please sign up.
Nic Weissman The sequel will be out before xmas. The title: The White Lady.
Follow the updates in my web page www.nicweissman.com or in FB page …more
The sequel will be out before xmas. The title: The White Lady.
Follow the updates in my web page www.nicweissman.com or in FB page www.facebook.com/nicweissmanpage(less)

Dianne
In the manner of great fantasy, The Orb of Wrath by Nic Weissman keeps his plot spinning, full of sub-plots, intrigue and the magic of other lands. Erion and his brother of choice, Mithir are business owners, they provide a service to those who can pay. Some call it robbery, but they call it survival and planning for the future. As a team, they work great together, as Mithir has some magical abilities. When they are forced to work with others, they begin a fantastical adventure that will take th ...more
Galit  Balli
Nov 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars.
Review:

Plot/Story: The Kingdom of Bor is a dangerous place, but I loved how the author made the plot and subplots move so fluidly, showing us through the characters how they fight, survive in this dangerous world. The magic here was so fun and easy to see and my connection of the story was really strong after the first few chapters. The entire book felt as if I am playing a wonderful game of D&D (Dungeons & Dragons). I was fighting evil beings, dragons and walking with them thr
Chantale Canadian Book Addict
Dec 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
It starts off slow but it does pick up .Once it picked up I was sucked into the story and just couldn't put it down.

Very well written.

Laird Bruce
Nov 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Author Nic Weissman is an exciting breath of fresh area in the world of Fantasy. It makes me ask “Why hasn’t he already been writing for Wizards of the Coast or Paizo?” The Orb of Wrath doesn’t waste any time getting you into a very fast-paced adventure in the spirit of R.A. Salvatore or Margaret Weis/Tracy Hickman with a foundation of an ancient foundation of a battle between Black and Silver Dragons!

Beginning in the Kingdom of Bor, a pseudo-European setting and leaping into a daring burglary i
Peg
Oct 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult, fantasy
The Orb of Wrath is a compelling, well-written and meticulously crafted epic fantasy novel.

Teenage Erion and his “brother” Mithir are often sought out by rich and powerful men for their cunning and special talents. Their precarious assignments are usually laced with a good amount of uncertainty and risk. For one particularly dangerous mission, Erion and Mithir were tested along with a Knight, a magician and an elf, to see if their combined abilities would be sufficient enough for the treacherous
Ashley Tomlinson
Jan 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is probably one of the best fantasy books that I have ever read. It had freaking dragons in it and if a book has a dragon in it then I'm in love. Also that cover is so gorgeous, it definitely caught my eye and made me want to read it.

I really liked the characters and thought they each brought a lot to the table. It was really fun reading the adventures that the characters took in this story. This world was quite dangerous, it had dragons in it for crying out loud-and I loved it. Erion was
Paul Williams
Aug 06, 2015 rated it liked it
I got sent a link to download this book direct by the author and glad I did. This book just took me back to the old days of running Dungeons and Dragons and the gathering of a group of "unlikely heroes" who are then thrust in the deep end to complete a task.

Excellent in its story telling and development. Seems quite a few twists and turns in the book and setting the scene for the "party" to expand onwards.

Good book and looking to reading the next one which already purchased :)
R.A. Miller
Nov 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
While a bit slow to start, The Orb of Wrath picks up and becomes a grand adventure. If the author was a former D&D player, I wouldn't be surprised. It has a real dungeon crawl feel with some really fun characters that I enjoyed hanging out with. I enjoyed living in this world and I look forward to book 2, The White Lady. Fantasy fans should give this a try.
Susan
Jul 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was an awesome story...I do love a good fantasy!!! As a reader, I was taken away to distant lands where a myriad of characters awaited. There was plenty of action, adventure and intrigue. I highly recommend it to others!!
Nancy
Sep 13, 2015 rated it liked it
This was a good book how ever I do wish the author had done more to make it more interesting. I look forward to reading more of this author's work.
Erth
Oct 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
now i am hooked. This was such a great, easy and creative book. i was hooked after the first page.

The characters were easy to fall in love with and follow, along with the story. the author made the mental visions so easy and vivid of the surroundings and the characters actions felt so real.

i would highly recommend this author and this book.
Ruth B
Feb 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, fantasy
The Orb of Wrath is a fun adventure book with lots of action, lots of emotions and surprises in every chapter. The writing style is really good and the characters are quite good.

The passing is quite steady and despite I have a hard time getting into the story once I get to the middle of it I couldn't put it down.

I liked that the author included many mythical creatures, we get to read about vampires, monsters and more. Each one comes to add more magic to the story.

Overall, is a good fantasy and i
Rola G.
Nov 06, 2015 rated it it was ok
2.7/5 stars

I started this story with high expectations and finished it desperately wanting to read the sequel to witness the anticipated improvement.

The Orb of Wrath wasn't terrible, and it wasn't frustrating to read, but it could've been so much more. In theory, the idea (or what I thought the idea was) of the story was genius: it sought to combine classical fantastic creatures and put a sort of modern atmosphere to it (even though the setting was not modern time). But a lot of the time, the s
Joy D. Fanning
Oct 16, 2015 rated it liked it
*I was given a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review*

Who doesn't like an epic adventure story?

The world of Bor is a dangerous place and the characters in this book are embarking on a huge mission. This book took a while for me to get into, mainly due to the hopping from character to character and trying to figure out who everyone was. I would say though it is worth pushing through, because it doesn't take long to sort out what is happening and who are hero's are.

There is a lot of
Martyn F
May 11, 2016 rated it it was ok
It is really hard to rate this book. Because it has some very good things in it, but also some annoying things.

The good: nice story, interesting characters and setting.

The bad: spelling and grammar errors. Way too many. Strange remarks. Like: "Horses were the only transport known in the kingdom." Yeah, I got that. I already read more than a 100 pages and have not seen a car or plane at all!

The magic is also not thought through. A magician just hums and waves and something happens. No failures at
Jeff
Dec 01, 2015 rated it liked it
I am currently reading this, and while I like the story so far I have been having issues with certain things. Last time I checked wolves travel in packs, not herds. a character sent an email (pretty sure it wasn't eagle-mail), pain was referred etc. Like I said I am enjoying the story and I like seeing the the connection to a D&D style of story.
John Love IV
Oct 13, 2015 rated it liked it
This seemed to me to be more a writing down of a dnd game than a novel. It wasn't horrid but the writing wasn't great and there wasn't a lot of suspense. Characters were a bit bland and two dimensional.
Yooy
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Mia
Sep 12, 2015 rated it it was ok
While this book has potential, a few things just didn't come together for me. This story has a classic quest oriented group of characters, but could use some polish. Full review over on Word of the Nerd:

m emptage
Aug 04, 2015
Jeff
Feb 01, 2018
Characters 1 2 Nov 14, 2015 08:48AM
Nic Weissman is an Amazon Best-Seller and a fast growing name in Fantasy fiction landscape. Nic is the creator of the saga The Merchant's Destiny and The World of Oris. Nic was born in 1974 in mystical place where the sea ends.
His first novel The Orb of Wrath and its sequel The White Lady are now available through multiple channels both in ebook and paperback, both in English and Spanish. The boo