Start by marking “Fated to be Yours (Fated, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fated to be Yours (Fated, #1)

Fated to be Yours

(Fated #1)

Hearts are fragile, and mine's been shattered before...

I have always thought of love in the abstract, never something to come true. My past has shown me time after time that those who are supposed to love you will only lead you to disappointment. Destiny, fate, chance...those are things that I have never believed in.

Until him.

A chance encounter with a distinct pair of blue
Published September 1st 2015 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published August 30th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Fated to be Yours, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fated to be Yours

Bookphenomena (Micky)
Aug 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
A solid debut from Jodie Lawson. The blurb was quite vague so I was unsure what to expect going into the book but this was as story that kept my interest. The setting was London , which I did enjoy despite my intimate knowledge of the place. Tessa is a an American woman on business, supporting her boss and friend in negotiations. She meets Andrew whilst she's there but time is against them. Tessa is not a strong woman, to slight annoyance at times, but there are reasons for her lack of strength. ...more
Tara | Slow Readers Blog
A sweet tale of love found abroad that will leave you wanting more.

Fated to be Yours is a wonderfully sweet debut novel. It tells the tale of Tessa, a woman with scars who keeps to herself and is painfully shy, as she accompanies her boss on an overseas work trip. On the flight over, she meets a mysterious and attractive stranger whom she feels an immediate pull towards.

Andrew is a successful businessman in London who travels a lot and therefore hasn’t settled down. He’s drawn to Tessa from the
Jenn
Jun 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, read-2015, romance
Fabulous debut!!

I adored this sweet romance so very much!! I was taken in, from the very first page. I was swept up in it completely.

I'm a big believer in fate, so this was right up my ally.

Small Adventures, Full Hearts
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I think this was a wonderful book!

I loved Tessa and Andrew's story. Was it fate, was it being at the right place at the right time... you will have to read to judge.

Tessa is a women that smart and beautiful, but the situations of her past have strongly affected how she acts and lives. When Andrew, this sexy, English man is added to her life. Something blossoms and this beautiful romance get better and better.

When you take a journey with these two you will be swooned and you will fall in love. Th
Hilaria Alexander
Jul 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Tessa's life has been anything but easy. As a result, she's introverted and not very confident. A business trip to London and a chance encounter lead her to meet the handsome Andrew. Tessa is reluctant, but she's not able to resist the charm of the British businessman. Andrew slowly breaks down Tessa's walls, but will it be enough for the heroine to realize they're fated to be together?

Part 2 comes out in a month!

Can't wait to see what's next for Tessa and Andrew!
Ashley Berry
Aug 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
I enjoyed this sweet story of Tessa and Andrew. The Library scene completely melted my heart! Andrew is swoon worthy and I am looking forward to watching Tessa come into her own and grow in the next book! A wonderful debut novel!
Carrie Zagzebski
Sep 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a great book! This was so well written, I was able to feel like I was right in the story with these characters. Jodie Larson has a way with words! And I can not wait for the next book to come out!
Nancy's Romance Reads
Aug 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rr
4 STARS: ROMANTIC FEELS!

description

This was a lovely debut novel. It had all the romantic feels of a fairy-tale story where you have a heroine who is in need of a knight to rescue her and turn her life around. That's how I felt this book and it made me sigh, smile, excited, and overall happy to read it as I followed the heroine in her quest to falling in love when she least expected.

Fated To Be Yours is the story of Tessa Martin, a twenty-six-years old young woman who's had a tough upbringing. From it
Tina Lynne
Sep 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fated To Be Yours is a solid debut novel from Jodie Larson, one that evokes the longing for a happily ever after and a love story to rival the stars. When I read this book, I was hoping that there would be a connection that could not be broken and a love story that would right past wrongs. When I got to the last page, I was shocked at how the story ended, not realizing that there would be more coming. I am glad that we don’t have to wait long to see what happens with Andrew and Tessa. I am anxio ...more
The Book Fairy Reviews
Sep 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Love, what we all search for what we all need to have in order to grow, but when it is with held and you are pushed away what do you have left? A shell of a life. Tests was this shell of a person fighting in her subconscious for a love of her perfect man, fighting for him so much that she would fall right out of bed and wake up bruised. Would she recognise him if she found him?
Andrew leads a happy life with work family and friends. Successful and single traveling the world never did hi think tha
Billie
Sep 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written story from a debut author.

First, I'd like to put out there that I'm not one to write reviews so bare with me. I'm also pretty gun shy about new authors but I read the synopsis on this one and had to give it a go. So glad I did! For all the people that are unsure of new authors, I'm here to say, BUY THIS BOOK! I don't want to give away spoilers and I don't want to go through the story page by page, I want you to enjoy that journey on your own. But I will say it's a beautiful
Stephanie
Aug 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
4 stars **** Wonderful novel by a debut author! At first glance, this is a typical sweet love story. It almost seems too good to be true. As we learn more about Tessa and her attempt to ignore her past, the story takes on more depth. She has a chance meeting with handsome Brit, Andrew Parker as she sits next to him on a plane bound for a business trip to London. They feel an instant connection with one another. Tessa doesn't plan on ever seeing Andrew again despite his wish to do so. As Tessa re ...more
Janja
Aug 28, 2015 rated it liked it
At first please pardon me,but i'm not a person who writes a reviews but i was given this copy by a friend.Well i didn't realy enjoy by reading it,Tessa was/is anoying girl who doesn't want to be pityed but in the same time she pity herself all the time.
Tessa is strugling thru life,her only bright spot is her friend/boss Kara and her job,when she fins or meet Andrew-carizmatic and well manered man-she starts to be bold in her actions and words.
Andrew is a sweetheart who finds his soul in Tessa bu
Jodie Hinnen
Aug 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
I given an ARC of this book for an honest review.

Tessa is a woman who has come a long way in her life. She's had hardships no one should have to face. She's shy and an introvert, and in that way reminds me of myself.
Her boss is the best friend she needs, and everyone needs. She makes Tessa step out of her comfort zone, but takes care of her too.
Tessa wants to be independent, but needs to be taken care of, and when she meets a man who fate has placed in her path, can she overcome her past for him
Becca
Sep 10, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned-pb-signed
Christina
Sep 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
I have a feeling Jodie is going to go far! This was a beautiful debut novel. The cover is stunning and absolutely drew me to reading the book.

I found Tessa a bit frustrating but believe she has potential to make a turn around. Andrew was great from the start. It's hard to swoon over a man with no faults, but he was well written. I loved how he referred to Tessa as "love" from the beginning.

I'm looking forward to seeing where their story is headed in book two!
R.J. Nicolson
Sep 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
how dare you leave me to wonder whats next.

ok no but seriously i read this book and need the next one like right now. fab story lines fab characters and serious heartache. really enjoyed reading this book but hell i really do need the next right now. congratulations. this book will keep you thinking but will pull at your heart strings all in the same sentence.
Morgan Reeves
Aug 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fated to be Yours was a great story about finding love amidst a sea of uncertainty. Jodie Larson really brought her characters to life in 3D: a sweet, charming, sometimes steamy story that I thoroughly enjoyed.

I'm definitely excited to read book two!

***Note: I received an ARC of this book. I was not asked to review, but this book deserves one!***
Megan Green
Jun 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2015
Great debut novel from Jodie Larson! She sure knows how to leave you wanting more. I can't wait to see what she comes up with in the future!
Stefanie
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute!

This was my first Jodie Larson book. The cover drew me in. I love covers. This is the story of Tessa and Andrew. They meet on their flight to London. This is a very cute story. Andrew is so very sweet. Loved when they were on the tours of the facilities. Loved all the interaction with the children.
Rachel
Nov 20, 2016 rated it liked it
The writing is really great. The story is just so cheesy and everything is just meant to be.
If the story was less a fairy tale, it would have been great. The author has skill.
Heidi Sturgess
Oct 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-read-2015
I received a copy from United Indie Book Blog in exchange for an honest review.

Another debut novel that just blew me out of the water.

Tessa has a recurring dream of a man with sapphire eyes that leaves her  throbbing in they southern regions and usually on the floor with a new bruise which collected when falling out of bed !

Tessa didn't have an easy life , her father deserted them  as a child and her mom rejected her.  I admire Tessa for making something of herself ....

Kara is Tessa's best frie
United Indie Book Blog
Aug 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received this for an honest review!
Another debut novel that just blew me out of the water.

Tessa has a recurring dream of a man with sapphire eyes that leaves her throbbing in the southern regions and usually on the floor with a new bruise which collected when falling out of bed !

Tessa didn't have an easy life , her father deserted them as a child and her mom rejected her. I admire Tessa for making something of herself ....

Kara is Tessa's best friend and boss and they're on their way to London
Krista
Aug 21, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 stars!

If you believe in fate and love at first sight then this is the book for you.

Tessa has been made to feel unloved all her life. She believes that she is destined to be alone for all time yet years for more. But, she stays closed off, her life consists of work to home to work to home.

A chance encounter changes her preconceived notions and she embraces these feelings that are foreign to her. Like any woman, her mind is plagues with lots of self doubt. But for once she is daring to be free
Jamie  Zishka
Sep 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Fated To Be Yours is the first book in the Fated series. This is the first book I have read from this author and to say I was a little shocked at the ending is and understatement. I really thought this book would lead a different way.. its not necessarily a bad thing but its somewhat disappointing ending for me and that is why I had to give this book a 3.5 stars. I really did enjoy the story up until that point and I loved the characters Tessa and Andrew and the story line was pretty great. But ...more
Samantha
Jun 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jodie Larson's debut novel Fated to be Yours was wonderful. Tessa and Andrew's story is heartbreakingly beautiful. Tessa didn't have an easy life growing up, which has an impact on her confidence. While on a business trip to England, she encounters Andrew. Soon her pesky but lovable boss, Kara, has Andrew and Tessa pushed together. Though this story ends on a little bit of a cliff hanger, you only have to wait a month to read what happens next with Andrew and Tessa. I'm anxiously awaiting Fated ...more
Elexis
Aug 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars -Good debut

I enjoyed this book. I connected with the main character, Tessa, in ways I don't wish to admit. I loved the setting (I wish to visit there one day!) I LOVED what the characters were doing for children. (I am not into spoilers..sorry not more info!)
My only issue was I felt like there needed to be more of a time span for the connection between the two main characters...not a problem...more a personal preference.
I look forward to the next book.
Ashley Berry
Jun 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Peggy Tran
Sep 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
So many feels. I really enjoyed this book and can't wait to see what happens in the next one!
Sherry Dumpprope
Oct 23, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please merge 3 13 Sep 02, 2015 09:01AM
Goodreads Librari...: Author Status 3 25 Jun 26, 2015 01:40PM
Reading is a passion of mine. My love for the written word was rekindled a few years ago, and it's been a blessing to discover everything that is out there. I love a good romantic book, one filled with swoon-worthy heroes and the women who drive them crazy. There aren't too many genres I won't read (sorry horror and scary stories, you still give me nightmares). As long as it drags me into the worl ...more

Fated (2 books)
  • Fated to be Mine (Fated, #2)
“Time is inconsequential when you meet the right person.” 0 likes
“I love the reward of my house smelling of citrus afterward so I clean as often as I can.” 0 likes