Start by marking “Lumberjanes, Vol. 3: A Terrible Plan” as Want to Read:
Lumberjanes, Vol. 3: A Terrible Plan

Lumberjanes, Vol. 3: A Terrible Plan (Lumberjanes (Collected Editions) #3)

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  10,578 Ratings  ·  927 Reviews
IF YOU GOT IT, HAUNT IT!

Trying to take advantage of the first quiet day at camp in a while, Mal and Molly's date takes a bizarre turn with the appearance of the Bear Woman! Back at camp, Jo, April, and Ripley must stay on their toes as they try and earn every badge possible, which ends up being a lot harder than any of them ever planned.

This New York Times bestselling seri
Published April 5th 2016 by BOOM! Box

To ask other readers questions about Lumberjanes, Vol. 3, please sign up.
Phoebe Murphy It's just the artists' style. And although the artist for the first chapter gave them a more feminine look, the artist that did the rest really didn't…moreIt's just the artists' style. And although the artist for the first chapter gave them a more feminine look, the artist that did the rest really didn't make them any girlier. It's hard to have one artist every single time for comic series like this, and it's still the same charming, unconventional comic. (less)

Carol.
It was somewhat with surprise that I found myself enjoying the first two Lumberjanes graphic novels, as it’s not a form I’m drawn to (ha-ha) normally. Unfortunately, the third novel stumbles in both artwork and story, and my love affair seems to be settling into a low flame. Originally conceived in terms of the arc completed in Volumes 1 and 2, Volume 3 had to reinvent itself, choosing to take us back to the individual girls. There wasn’t a great deal of character depth in the first two volumes, ...more
Heidi The Hippie Reader
This entry in the Lumberjanes series opens up with the classic setup of ghost stories being told around a campfire. The girls' different personalities are highlighted in the stories they choose to tell.

Then, the camp has a free day where everyone can pick their own activity. Hijinks ensue.

Mal and Molly go on a picnic date in the woods and, in typical Lumberjane fashion, something totally unexpected happens.

"Molly, we are doomed. SO DOOMED. AN UNSCALABLE MOUNTAIN OF DOOMED."

"Mal, come on. We're g
Lola
Oct 03, 2017 rated it liked it
The art… changed… for the worst. Suddenly the characters look five years younger, not at all teenagers anymore. They changed illustrators. And someone righted the layout for the comic, which you will understand if you juxtapose this volume and the second.

It feels as though the authors and illustrators are taking less liberties now and are starting to adhere more to the conventional ways of translating their ideas into comic format.

This means that the pages themselves are more easily understood,
Warda
Apr 20, 2018 rated it liked it
As adorable as these stories are, I'm not sure whether I want to continue on with the series. 🤔
Joe Valdez
Jun 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews
I've lost a bit of my enthusiasm for this series with the changes that have been made in this volume. Before it was fun and exciting because it was full of mayhem. It gave you the sense of adventure like the characters . Even the illustrations reflected that. They were more rustic. Everything has been polished up and smoothed out. I prefer the fast paced madness from the first two volumes.

Having said that, I still think it's a great series for any young girl (or adult)
Sesana
Jul 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, fantasy
The story is every bit as fun as volumes one and two, but the new artist was a bit of an adjustment. Molly and Mal are extra adorable when exploring their relationship.
Maria
Dec 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I need a dose of happiness ASAP

PLEASE bring the old art style back. I didn’t sign up for this 😩
Ashley
I don't quite know how to rate this one, because it's so different from the first two volumes. I'm pretty sure this book marks the occasion of Lumberjanes being made from a limited run series to an ongoing, so changes have been made accordingly, and I'm not quite sure how I feel about all of them yet.

The most notable thing of course is that the series has a new artist. Actually, two of them (plus several guest artists in the first issue collected here, which features all the girls telling ghost
Barb (Boxermommyreads)
Aug 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
While I'm still enjoying this graphic novel series, this volume still fell a tad flat for me. First of all, there is a change in art and graphic design and I really liked the original versions much better. Second, I don't know that the story flowed that well for me. Usually in graphic novels, since they are collections of single issues, each "chapter" flows into the other. I didn't get quite the feeling of cohesiveness on this one. That being said, I did enjoy the story line which centered aroun ...more
Carlos.
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
No me ha parecido tan guay como el anterior pero aun así ha sido maravilloso. Quiero mucho a todas mis hijas. Sobre todo a Mal y Molly. Y APRIL, AY, QUE LA AMO, ES QUE ES YO. Os juro que me meaba con ella, que se han puesto a hacer un concurso de scrapbooking. En fin, que me ha encantado, como todo lo que llevo de Lumberjanes. Recomendadísimo.
Kaitlin
Feb 21, 2016 rated it liked it
This is volume #3 in the ongoing, hilariously weird Lumberjanes series and I have to say I was excited for this. I loved #1 and really enjoyed Vol. #2 but this one felt a little less cohesive to me. I think this comes in part from the fact that there are guest artists working on these issues and this means that we have disruption in the style, tone and flow of the book. The set up for the story within this is one of ghost stories and fun though which does lend itself to other art styles and shif ...more
Kristina
Aug 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh God, I adore these comic books!!! They are just so fabulous!
And the art is on point!
Chris Lemmerman
The first eight issues of Lumberjanes worked really well because each issue had it's own self-contained story with little story elements that contributed to a larger story which came to a head later on, which is a good way for a mini-series to work, especially one longer than 4 or so issues.

Now that the series has become an ongoing, it seems to have stalled with this third volume, which is disappointing.

The first issue of the volume is a jam session between a few different artists as the 'Janes
brea
I really enjoyed this. Like REALLY enjoyed this.
These books are just too cute.

So first of all, Mal and Mol ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Their relationship is so freaking adorable. I am so proud that Stevenson added a notable LGBT relationship in a book that is technically for "juveniles." Their relationship is just so sweet and normal -- this is the way to encourage intersectionality in kids books. Other authors should take note.

So this volume has two main plots:

1. Mal and Mol go on a date "picnic" and while on th
Lauren
Jul 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Hmmmmmmm...

This third volume didn't really draw me in as much as its predecessors. I wasn't too keen on the artwork - the guest artists hadn't drawn the characters in a flattering light and most of them all had the same features with different haircuts which was a bit bemusing. I really wish Noelle Stevenson had been the illustrator throughout because her covers are bloody wonderful!

I also found this story to be much weaker than the others. Whilst the first chapter reads like any in the first t
Kristin
May 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love this series! I really enjoyed some of the different art in this volume. Though it through me initially, I think it really worked for the story and series! :)
Stewart Tame
Feb 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Every volume causes me to fall more in love with this series. The Lumberjanes' enthusiasm and zest for adventure are contagious. They are the cool kids we always wanted to be, not from any sense of envy or anything, more in the sense of, "My friends and I have fun and do cool stuff together! The Lumberjanes have fun and do cool stuff together! We should ALL get together and it would be even more fun and extra cool! Yay!!" This volume splits up the team as Mal and Molly get involved in an adventu ...more
Elisa The-Bookie-Monster
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
There are no words to describe how much I adore this series!
Emma
Apr 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
It's completely bonkers but I'm still really enjoying this series
Julie Zantopoulos
Another cute installment of this graphic novel. I adore the friendships and communication of these characters and the friendships that are portrayed. It's a cute fun read!
Calista
Story starts out with a camp fire and the girls telling scary stories. So camp.

Then they have a free day and the girls split up. The Old bear woman shows up and Mal and Molly who are on a cute date follow her into another dimension. The other girls are tying to get normal badges and the names are hilarious.

I didn't feel much happened in this book. Certainly nothing connected to the arch of the story. It was still a fun story and I wonder what will happen next. I am still excited for the next on
Darinda
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Lumberjanes have a free day. Mal and Molly go on a picnic date, but when they spot Bear Woman, they follow her into a land of lost things. The other girls stay at camp and work on getting more badges.

Lumberjanes Volume 3: A Terrible Plan contains comics #9-12 in the series.
#9 - The Lumberjanes tell scary stories around a campfire.
#10 - Mal and Molly go on a picnic date and follow Bear Woman. The other girls decide to work on badges.
#11 - Mal, Molly, and Bear Woman are trapped in the land of
Stephanie
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
These books are so full of joy and love. Every time I finish a new volume, I have a huge smile on my face and I'm filled with happiness.

I cannot wait to read Volume 4!
Nicole Craswell
Mar 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
As with the rest of this series, this volume was a lot of fun. I was a little thrown off in the first issue just cause the art style was so different then I remembered but then I actually paid attention to what was going on and realized it was a number of guest artists.

This volume didn't feel like it contributed as much to the overall story of the series and I mean for most of it over half the group was just kind of hanging around camp doing nothing which was mildly entertaining but not particu
K.
There's a lot to love in this volume. Dinosaurs. Mal and Molly going on a super casual but totally a big deal date. Riley being her ridiculous self. Ghost stories.

But at the same time, this felt kind of disjointed. Why? Because the art style was not only a massive shift from the previous volumes thanks to a change in artists, but the art style in the first issue is done by seven(!!) different artists. It's fun, but it's choppy. It also feels like a middle book, with a lot of action that ultimat
Robin Stevens
May 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lumberjanes is just the best all-ages graphic novel series around. Friendship, (gentle) romance, mystery and excitement (and dinosaurs, and women who become bears) at summer camp, this is total genius start to finish.

Erin Cataldi
Apr 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
Another cute installment in the Lumberjanes series. This latest collection features scary stories around the campfire, portals to the Jurassic era, the quest to earn easy badges, the bear woman, and more. The characters are ever cute and keep you on your toes with their crazy antics and shenanigans. Intended more for middle schoolers, but I guess I'm just young at heart. I can't wait for the next installment!
CaseyTheCanadianLesbrarian
Aw, Mal and Molly are so darn cute. And Bear Woman is officially my favourite side character. There's a nice balance in this volume between the high stakes alt universe with dinosaurs action that Mal and Molly get wrapped up in and the rest of the gang failing miserably at getting 'normal' badges.
Tiffy_Reads
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love this series.
Madison Mega-Mara...: #32 Lumberjanes v3 by Noelle Stevenson 1 1 Jul 09, 2017 08:22AM
  • Lumberjanes, Vol. 4: Out of Time
  • Giant Days, Vol. 2 (Giant Days, #2)
  • Princeless, Vol. 4: Be Yourself
  • The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 2: Squirrel You Know It's True
  • Jem and the Holograms Vol. 1: Showtime (Jem and the Holograms #1)
  • Ms. Marvel, Vol. 4: Last Days
  • Gotham Academy, Vol. 2: Calamity
  • The Nameless City (The Nameless City, #1)
  • Rat Queens, Vol. 3: Demons
  • Baba Yaga's Assistant
  • DC Comics: Bombshells, Vol. 1: Enlisted
  • Phoebe and Her Unicorn (Heavenly Nostrils, #1)
  • The Witch Next Door (Courtney Crumrin #5)
Noelle Stevenson is a comic artist and freelance illustrator residing in Los Angeles, California. She published the young adult graphic novel NIMONA in 2015, which is also serialized online . She has been nominated for a Harvey Award, and was awarded the Slate Cartoonist Studio Prize for Best Webcomic in 2012. She is a graduate of the Maryland Institute College of Art and has done published work f ...more
More about Noelle Stevenson

Lumberjanes (Collected Editions) (10 books)
  • Lumberjanes, Vol. 1: Beware the Kitten Holy
  • Lumberjanes, Vol. 8: Stone Cold
  • Lumberjanes, Vol. 9
  • Lumberjanes, Vol. 10: Parents' Day

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.20
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“Fighting monsters is the easy part. Back home is where the really scary stuff is.” 5 likes