Start by marking “Firestarter (Timekeeper #3)” as Want to Read:
Firestarter (Timekeeper #3)

Firestarter

(Timekeeper #3)

The crew of the Prometheus is intent on taking down the world’s clock towers so that time can run freely. Now captives, Colton, Daphne, and the others have a stark choice: join the Prometheus’s cause, or fight back in any small way they can and face the consequences. But Zavier, leader of the terrorists, has a bigger plan—to bring back the lost god of time.

As new threats e
Published January 15th 2019 by Sky Pony Press

To ask other readers questions about Firestarter, please sign up.

Start your review of Firestarter (Timekeeper #3)
Mari
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
UPDATE; I’M FINISHED. My only coherent thoughts right now are: FUCK IT. So you should know this was a good ride.

Also, I want to applaud Tara Sim for actually making the characters suffer and not making it easy for them, because that’s realistic.

But also I would like to NOT thank Tara Sim because she made the characters suffer and didn’t made it easy for them. How fucking dare you?

AFTER FINISHING CHAINBREAKER:

Dear Tara Sim,

I hope that you have mercy with your readers feelings, please don’t ki
Mel (Epic Reading)
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library-print
Yes I took forever to read this as I savoured every bit of it. I even almost came to tears twice near the end which is really not like me. Those two things alone are indicative of how much I love this series. It has so many amazing elements: gods, weird time, gay boys in love, great friendships, spirits, magic (of sorts), terrorists, family and a cast of characters to adore.

Plot
I can't say much here about Firestarter as it is the third in the series. This is one trilogy where it's really import
Julie Zantopoulos
Review to come
Linda ~ they got the mustard out! ~
Objectively, if such a thing is possible with books, this should probably be 4 stars, but anything that can get me this invested in the plot and characters, despite some very obvious flaws and some truly TSTL moments, deserves 5 stars.

I muttered aggressively at the audiobook while taking my afternoon walks and actually yelled during my morning and afternoon commutes, y'all. I lectured at the characters hard time. Good thing there weren't any people around.

This is the final book in the trilogy a
Emily
Apr 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
TARA YOU DEVIL
Sahitya
CW: torture, violence and deaths

When I started reading this trilogy in part due to our Stars and Sorcery book club, I never thought I would be binge reading the whole thing in the same month. But once I began, I really wanted to know what was going to happen next and couldn’t help but stay up late nights to finish it all. And wow was that an intense finale.

As far as final books in a fantasy series go, we all have a few standard expectations - lots of tense moments, action sequences, major revel
Jun 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: agenting
Can't wait for this to come out for the public to read!
Lance
"I don't know what came over me. Forgive me please."
"I always do."

4.5 stars rounded up. I love this series and Firestarter was a fucking amazing finale to this trilogy that solidified it's place in my all time favorites list. I seriously think this trilogy is massively underrated and that more people should read it, because honestly? It's leagues above most other YA fantasy. I will admit though, that this trilogy has a very special place in my heart because it has my exact aesthetic
Claire ✨
FIRESTARTER is a disappointment, and does not live up to its predecessors. Ultimately, it promised great things, but ended up flat, dull and uncompelling.

For the third and final book in the TIMEKEEPER series, I expected FIRESTARTER to compel me from start to finish, to rip out my heart and tear it asunder. To make me feel, deeply and thoughtfully.

But FIRESTARTER failed to do any of that in big enough capacity. I’d go as far to say it was boring, for most of it. I did not ever want to pick it up
Ekollon
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm waffling on whether to give this book 4 stars or 5 stars, but I'm going with 5 stars even though I thought it had some issues.

First, this book is significantly sadder than the previous two books, so be ready for that. Not everyone who starts the book makes it to the end. I don't like this in a book (I'm a big marshmallow), so this detracted from my personal enjoyment of the book, but I understand that this doesn't actually make a book bad (there's a reason Game of Thrones is such a hit).

Sec
Manon the Malicious
I was provided an ARC by the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

Firestarter stars right where we left our beloved characters in Chainbreaker, meaning in deep shit. I really can't say more because it would be way too much of a spoiler if you haven't read Chainbreaker. (and you should. Now. Go! I said, GOOOOO!)

This book made me fall even more in love with Tara Sim's writing. Her characters are pure gold and the girls are just ... I have no words. I cried a fucking lot reading
Ams
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Was given an eARC by Eldelweiss in exchange of a review.

I adored it.
Tara's writing is definitely my favorite discovery of 2018.
I've grown so attached to Danny and Colton during the first two books, and I couldn't wait for this one. And it didn't disappoint. I think it might be my favorite one from the trilogy.
All the characters have grown so much since the first pages of Timekeeper, and they've only gotten better.
The timekeeper series has taken a dear place in my heart, right beside the Shad
Eloise
Action-packed & emotion-packed.

Because of the amount of action scenes and characters in this book, it felt a little messy at times. However I couldn't put the book down. I needed to know what the hell was happening and how my babies were possibily going to make it out of this MESS, alive and happy. Oh my heart... It turned out to hurt but i loved it anayway.

I've said this for the other two book but i have to say it once more, I love this world and the idea behind this story.
Clocktowers controll
Sammm
4 for 3~4.75. Quite a big range I know, and I actually came super close to rating it lower, only the ending saved it. Like seriously, I was honestly getting really angry and upset towards the end, because everything felt like they were suddenly falling apart, and I swore a lot as I read the following:
There was once a golden boy who lived in a golden tower.
And then the tower fell.

Alas, I'm glad no one I cared (enough) was martyred. I mean, there's one, and there's the incident that I thought
David
Mar 17, 2020 rated it liked it
5 / 10

I still think that this would've been way better having only the first book, which I completely enjoyed. The intrigue and enjoyment were killed because of the second book, but this one at some point was better.
Jaime
content warnings: violence, loss of a loved one, murder, kidnapping, torture,
representation: gay protagonist, bi/pan main character, m/m main relationship, biracial (indian-white) main character, indian sikh main characters, amputee side character, mute side character, sapphic trans side character, lesbian indian side character, interracial f/f side relationship,

“‘I’m not just Colton anymore,’ he said. ‘I am also Evangeline, and Ben, and every clock spirit in the world. I speak and fight for t
emma
Jan 19, 2019 rated it liked it
That was a goddamn rollercoaster ride and I am not okay.
Vestacito
Apr 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya, steampunk, lgbtq
I really loved Timekeeper. It was an imaginative, well-written steampunk featuring a gay romance. I loved how cute the romance was, and the world-building wasn't too overwhelming. Danny and Colton were absolutely adorable together.

Unfortunately, many of the things I enjoyed about Timekeeper didn't hold up in this book. The world-building is almost overwhelming. Characters go on large info dumps about gods and mythology every 10 pages it seemed. It, for me at least, detracted from the story.

I lov
Alex Harrow
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So. Many. Feels. Ahhh, I love this trilogy!
Rec-It Rachel
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*is deceased*
Ruthsic
Warnings: torture (including electrocution), gun violence, physical assault, death of family member, self-harm, bloodletting for use in magic

I was very excited for the finale of the Timekeeper series, and with the slow-moving, but expansive sophomore novel, I was hoping that Firestarter would jump into things right away and move us towards a build-up that would be exhilarating enough for a finale. Granted, you can't expect a 500+ pages book to keep the momentum up throughout, but my ini
Cami Franceschi
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
English/Español review.

I said it many times, but I really love this world and everything that is built. If I have to put an emotion or sentiment to this book was: despair. If you believed, like me, that you suffered enough while reading Chainbreaker, oh my friend, you are very wrong. This book is an up and down of emotions.
I had to keep reading to see how the characters (which are my babies) were going to come out of all this mess.
The only reason why I did not put five stars was because of the
Christy
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This review has sat on my list for quite some time, too long, to be honest. Probably because I am STILL not over it. I expected to be broken after Tara’s frequent posts but I still didn’t fully believe how badly she would wreck us.

And wreck us she did.

There’s a reason why this book has a solid 4+ star rating on Goodreads. There’s a reason why everyone who reads this series wants to shove it into everyone’s TBRs.

That reason is Danny. And Colton. And failing clock towers. Gods of time. Angst. PLU
Silvia
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Goddamn. GodDAMN.
Amanda
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic trilogy with incredible mythology!
Kristalia
January 15 is so damn close imma cry
i need it so bad
Hotondo Dantenshi
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was good but not as good as the two preceding it. The plot got overcomplicated and too many characters were introduced into the story, including the true villain of the story (and in the previous two books there wasn’t even a hint that they existed). Most of all of the books were pretty bloodless, we only occasionally have a character die, but in the last chapters of this one we have characters die all over the place, without us getting to really know them and without it being conseque ...more
Claire
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
God, this book emotionally drained me. I literally don't know what to do with myself and all these thoughts right now. My heart aches and I feel like crying.

I'm torn about the rating because I don't remember the last time a book almost brought me to tears (and this one managed to do it several times), but tbh, my feelings about it are complicated. While I enjoyed the book and loved all the characters, I felt like a good portion of the plot was Danny suffering and being drugged/bled/beaten/tortur
USOM
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
(Disclaimer: I received this free book from the publisher. This has not impacted my review which is unbiased and honest.)

Reading Firestarter was like coming home after a long day of errands. It was like watching "The Return of the King". That feeling when you reminisce on your long journey, the friends gained and lost, the days lived and set your feet back upon your doormat. Yes, this book also destroyed me emotionally, I cried and had to be consoled with hot chocolate and hugs. But this book al
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Bonds of Brass (The Bloodright Trilogy #1)
  • Monster of the Week (The Rules #2)
  • The Fascinators
  • The Electric Heir (Feverwake #2)
  • The Infinite Noise (The Bright Sessions #1)
  • Red Skies Falling (Skybound, #2)
  • Black Wings Beating (Skybound, #1)
  • We Contain Multitudes
  • The Star Host (Broken Moon, #1)
  • Docile
  • Alex in Wonderland
  • The Fever King (Feverwake, #1)
  • Starcrossed (Magic in Manhattan, #2)
  • Reverie
  • The Last Sun (The Tarot Sequence, #1)
  • Date Me, Bryson Keller
  • The Deck of Omens (The Devouring Gray, #2)
  • The Gentleman’s Guide to Getting Lucky (Montague Siblings, #1.5)
Tara Sim is a YA author found in the wilds of the Bay Area, California. When she's not writing about magic, clocks, and boys, she drinks tea, wrangles cats, and sings opera.

Tara grew up in California, but braved the elements of Virginia to study English/Creative Writing at Hollins University.

Half-Indian and full geek, she eats too many samosas and awkwardly dances to Bhangra music.

Timekeeper (3 books)
  • Timekeeper (Timekeeper, #1)
  • Chainbreaker (Timekeeper, #2)