Start by marking “Firestarter (Timekeeper #3)” as Want to Read:
Firestarter (Timekeeper #3)

Firestarter

(Timekeeper #3)

The crew of the Prometheus is intent on taking down the world’s clock towers so that time can run freely. Now captives, Colton, Daphne, and the others have a stark choice: join the Prometheus’s cause, or fight back in any small way they can and face the consequences. But Zavier, leader of the terrorists, has a bigger plan—to bring back the lost god of time.

As new threats e
Published January 15th 2019 by Sky Pony Press

To ask other readers questions about Firestarter, please sign up.

Mari
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
UPDATE; I’M FINISHED. My only coherent thoughts right now are: FUCK IT. So you should know this was a good ride.

Also, I want to applaud Tara Sim for actually making the characters suffer and not making it easy for them, because that’s realistic.

But also I would like to NOT thank Tara Sim because she made the characters suffer and didn’t made it easy for them. How fucking dare you?

AFTER FINISHING CHAINBREAKER:

Dear Tara Sim,

I hope that you have mercy with your readers feelings, please don’t ki
Mel (Epic Reading)
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library-print
Yes I took forever to read this as I savoured every bit of it. I even almost came to tears twice near the end which is really not like me. Those two things alone are indicative of how much I love this series. It has so many amazing elements: gods, weird time, gay boys in love, great friendships, spirits, magic (of sorts), terrorists, family and a cast of characters to adore.

Plot
I can't say much here about Firestarter as it is the third in the series. This is one trilogy where it's really import
Emily
Apr 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
TARA YOU DEVIL
Jun 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: agenting
Can't wait for this to come out for the public to read!
Lyra
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm waffling on whether to give this book 4 stars or 5 stars, but I'm going with 5 stars even though I thought it had some issues.

First, this book is significantly sadder than the previous two books, so be ready for that. Not everyone who starts the book makes it to the end. I don't like this in a book (I'm a big marshmallow), so this detracted from my personal enjoyment of the book, but I understand that this doesn't actually make a book bad (there's a reason Game of Thrones is such a hit).

Sec
Lance
"I don't know what came over me. Forgive me please."
"I always do."

4.5 stars rounded up. I love this series and Firestarter was a fucking amazing finale to this trilogy that solidified it's place in my all time favorites list. I seriously think this trilogy is massively underrated and that more people should read it, because honestly? It's leagues above most other YA fantasy. I will admit though, that this trilogy has a very special place in my heart because it has my exact aesthetic a
Claire ✨
FIRESTARTER is a disappointment, and does not live up to its predecessors. Ultimately, it promised great things, but ended up flat, dull and uncompelling.

For the third and final book in the TIMEKEEPER series, I expected FIRESTARTER to compel me from start to finish, to rip out my heart and tear it asunder. To make me feel, deeply and thoughtfully.

But FIRESTARTER failed to do any of that in big enough capacity. I’d go as far to say it was boring, for most of it. I did not ever want to pick it up
Manon
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was provided an ARC by the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

Firestarter stars right where we left our beloved characters in Chainbreaker, meaning in deep shit. I really can't say more because it would be way too much of a spoiler if you haven't read Chainbreaker. (and you should. Now. Go! I said, GOOOOO!)

This book made me fall even more in love with Tara Sim's writing. Her characters are pure gold and the girls are just ... I have no words. I cried a fucking lot reading
Eloise
Action-packed & emotion-packed.

Because of the amount of action scenes and characters in this book, it felt a little messy at times. However I couldn't put the book down. I needed to know what the hell was happening and how my babies were possibily going to make it out of this MESS, alive and happy. Oh my heart... It turned out to hurt but i loved it anayway.

I've said this for the other two book but i have to say it once more, I love this world and the idea behind this story.
Clocktowers cont
Vita Giannoccaro
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
E così si conclude una delle trilogie più belle che io abbia mai letto.
In questo libro c'è tutto ciò che piace a me. Personaggi meravigliosi, tantissima azione, una romance LGBT costruita benissimo, tanto angst, ma anche tante soddisfazioni.
Firestarter è un libro che ti spinge ad andare avanti pagina per pagina, ti riempie d'ansia, ma anche di piccoli momenti di gioia. Sinceramente credo che Tara Sim sia stata una delle scoperte migliori del 2018 e so già che mi mancherà tantissimo questo mondo.
emma
Jan 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019-release
That was a goddamn rollercoaster ride and I am not okay.
Ams
Was given an eARC by Eldelweiss in exchange of a review.

I adored it.
Tara's writing is definitely my favorite discovery of 2018.
I've grown so attached to Danny and Colton during the first two books, and I couldn't wait for this one. And it didn't disappoint. I think it might be my favorite one from the trilogy.
All the characters have grown so much since the first pages of Timekeeper, and they've only gotten better.
The timekeeper series has taken a dear place in my heart, right beside the Shad
Ruthsic
Warnings: torture (including electrocution), gun violence, physical assault, death of family member, self-harm, bloodletting for use in magic

I was very excited for the finale of the Timekeeper series, and with the slow-moving, but expansive sophomore novel, I was hoping that Firestarter would jump into things right away and move us towards a build-up that would be exhilarating enough for a finale. Granted, you can't expect a 500+ pages book to keep the momentum up throughout, but my ini
Cami Franceschi
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
English/Español review.

I said it many times, but I really love this world and everything that is built. If I have to put an emotion or sentiment to this book was: despair. If you believed, like me, that you suffered enough while reading Chainbreaker, oh my friend, you are very wrong. This book is an up and down of emotions.
I had to keep reading to see how the characters (which are my babies) were going to come out of all this mess.
The only reason why I did not put five stars was because of the
⚔ Silvia ⚓
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Goddamn. GodDAMN.
Alex Harrow
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So. Many. Feels. Ahhh, I love this trilogy!
Gabrielle Morgan
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book BROKE ME OPEN, just ripped out my heart and stabbed it, repeatedly, OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN, but it was worth every tear, every gasp, ever moment of crippling pain and breathless panic. I love this book with my whole entire heart.
Kristalia
January 15 is so damn close imma cry
i need it so bad
Jaime
content warnings: violence, loss of a loved one, murder, kidnapping, torture,
representation: gay protagonist, bi/pan main character, m/m main relationship, biracial (indian-white) main character, indian sikh main characters, amputee side character, mute side character, sapphic trans side character, lesbian indian side character, interracial f/f side relationship,

“‘I’m not just Colton anymore,’ he said. ‘I am also Evangeline, and Ben, and every clock spirit in the world. I speak and fight for t
USOM
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
(Disclaimer: I received this free book from the publisher. This has not impacted my review which is unbiased and honest.)

Reading Firestarter was like coming home after a long day of errands. It was like watching "The Return of the King". That feeling when you reminisce on your long journey, the friends gained and lost, the days lived and set your feet back upon your doormat. Yes, this book also destroyed me emotionally, I cried and had to be consoled with hot chocolate and hugs. But this book al
Jocelyn
Jan 25, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I hope this is not a joke when saying this book is coming out almost the end of the year
MsArdychan
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate enough to receive an advance copy of the first book in this series, Timekeeper, back in 2016. I fell in love with the fun steampunk style, the diverse characters (especially bi-racial Daphne), the heartbreaking romance, and the suspenseful story. The final book, Firestarter, continues to deliver all those elements in a sweeping finale.

What I Liked:

Narrative Recap:

Thank you so much, Tara Sim, for recapping the events of the other books! As a reader, I really appreciate this, as I
Danielle Chambers
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbt, ebooks
This was a solidly good last book in a series. After the shocking reveal at the end of Chainbreaker I was glad to be back in the world to see how the characters reacted and went forward.

Firestarter was a tad slow to begin. It picked up around half way through to a solid pace.

I have always loved Colton since the first book, but Colton in this book was to die for. I loved his development. Once he remembers his human self I love the shift. He doesn't fully go back to his human personality but he
Hotondo Dantenshi
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was good but not as good as the two preceding it. The plot got overcomplicated and too many characters were introduced into the story, including the true villain of the story (and in the previous two books there wasn’t even a hint that they existed). Most of all of the books were pretty bloodless, we only occasionally have a character die, but in the last chapters of this one we have characters die all over the place, without us getting to really know them and without it being conseque ...more
Jackie
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, 2018-reads, fantasy
A conclusion to the time bending, Greek myth filled series that asks the question how far would you go to save the one you love?

“Firestarter” picks up where we left off with Danny’s fate hanging in the balance and the rest of the crew at the mercy of those who wish to destroy the clock towers once and for all and if they’re not careful they might end up losing more than the ability to control time as hidden secrets and moments of the past hovers over the fate of the future and threaten the bond
Alek Cristea
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
2.5, maybe, because of queers?

Oy, I don't even know where to start with this mess of a book. The worldbuilding sort of fell apart in this one. The characters were whatever they needed to be. Zavier is a terrible villain and an even worse 'good guy' like, which one is he even supposed to be? I'd say he's a grey in between but he's not even that convincingly. The whole plot took fifteen hundred hours to do anything and where I'd been able to deal with the meandering of book 2 this was just a pile
Nicole Hewitt
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This review and many more can be found on my blog: Feed Your Fiction Addiction

What a fabulously wild ride! Though Timekeeper is still my favorite book in this series, the very end of Firestarter made the whole series journey more than worth it. Sim puts her characters through a lot in this book--it's full of action, a whole lot of twists and turns, and brutal loss. Still, I'll confess that it took me a long time to read the book, and there were times that it dragged a bit for me. Maybe that's ju
Kelly
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book had me crying.

When I first read timekeeper I never thought that this was what it would lead up to. Timekeeper was an innocent book. This was an explosion. So many things happened and so many feelings!!

Danny needs to stop getting kidnapped. Seriously, give the kid a break.
Colton is my baby and I want to protect him even though I know that he could totally protect himself after his actions in firestarter.

I never knew how to feel about any of the characters. Do I trust them? Do I want th
Meghan
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
I am familiar with the series of Timekeeper and this might just be the book version of Timeless but for young adults. This book was so addictive that it is so easy to get hooked and be captivated by the book.

Firestarter continues on where Chainbreaker left off with the evil Zavier taking over time and bring back the lost god of time. Captives Colton, Daphine, and the others join Prometheus on their task to destroy time that way the world will never end.

This was packed with drama, adventures, co
  • Ruin of Stars (Mask of Shadows, #2)
  • Queen of the Sea
  • Glittering Shadows (Dark Metropolis, #2)
  • The Bone Garden
  • The Red Queen (Wonderland University #1)
  • Buffy: The High School Years - Parental Parasite (Buffy: The High School Years, #3)
  • Winterdream
  • Clouded by Envy
  • Hand of Miriam (Bayla and the Golem, #1)
  • Cloudforest (Cloudforest, #1)
  • Untitled (Heirs of Chrior, #3)
  • Jack of Hearts
  • Nameless Queen
  • The Osiris Curse (Tweed & Nightingale Adventures, #2)
  • The Clockwork War (A Clockwork War #1)
  • Incendiary
  • Booke of the Hidden (Booke of the Hidden #1)
  • The Spy with the Red Balloon (The Balloonmakers, #2)
Tara Sim is a YA author found in the wilds of the Bay Area, California. When she's not writing about magic, clocks, and boys, she drinks tea, wrangles cats, and sings opera.

Tara grew up in California, but braved the elements of Virginia to study English/Creative Writing at Hollins University.

Half-Indian and full geek, she eats too many samosas and awkwardly dances to Bhangra music.

Timekeeper (3 books)
  • Timekeeper (Timekeeper, #1)
  • Chainbreaker (Timekeeper, #2)