Start by marking “The Spinner, the Shepherd, and the Leading Man” as Want to Read:
The Spinner, the Shepherd, and the Leading Man

The Spinner, the Shepherd, and the Leading Man

Frazier Lane has wanted his roommate since the day they met—eight years ago. When Dom gets them jobs running a summer stock program in the sticks, Fraz thinks the time has come. He’ll kiss Dom, Dom will realize they’re meant to be, and they’ll live happily ever after.

That’s how it’s supposed to go, anyway. Until they meet Pete.
Pete's a wild card. He knows nothing about the
Published June 20th 2015 by M/M Romance Group @ Goodreads

To ask other readers questions about The Spinner, the Shepherd, and the Leading Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Spinner, the Shepherd, and the Leading Man

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~2.5~

I am not rating this based on the cover, but what is going on there? The guys look older than 20 and 22, and the middle guy is in desperate need of a shampoo & style. But I digress.

This story is cutesy. Two friends, Fraz and Dom, meet Pete during a summer theater production. Pete is in the closet. Fraz is already crushing on Dom, and then he starts crushing on Pete too.

Fraz is the first-person narrator, and he is a funny guy, maybe a little too funny. This story could have been cut by
Lori
Jun 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dritc-2015, 2015
Oh, wow. I adored this story from the first word to the last. Best friends to lovers, plus a first time man on man love experience. Hot and sweet and just perfect. I loved Frazier's voice in this. I loved Frazier, full stop to be honest. He was observant, funny, snarky, loveable. I could read more and more about these three. A total winner for me. Thanks Kris and DRitC.
Lilia Ford
Jun 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5

Excellent. The writing here is extremely strong, with superlative voicing of the narrator, Frazier. The author really captures the theater milieu until you almost feel like you've spent 8 weeks doing summer stock in Yurtville. The romance when it comes is both tender and really hot. My only complaint is that it's a bit long for the story, but the humor and authentic ambiance make up for it. Definitely will check out more from this author--and as always, my gratitude for contributing to this y
Finnegan
2.5 stars. It is not a bad story, it is just not for me. Fraz drained all my energy, I feel tired after reading this, drained. I need to like my MC'c to like a book and I didn't
Lotta
Aug 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: short-story, dritc, poly, m-m-m
I have been reading a lot of Kris Ripper's books since I found Hugh's New Dude, and I generally like them very much. This is not an exception. I feel ze does understated emotion very well, and often has an interesting cast of characters. This book is Fraze's POV, and he's been in love with his roommate Dom for quite a few years. He doesn't think he is loveable, and so has been hooking up and moving on. Then there's the roomate, dreamy Dominic. He's been carrying a torch for Fraze for a while as ...more
Alexis Woods
I'll start with a disclaimer...This story was written for me! It's totally not at all what I imagined it to be, but that made it all the better. Three college boys, each had there roles to play, literally and figuratively.

Fraz wants his long-time friend, Dominic, and decides that their summer job of putting on three plays (summer stock) is the time and place to put his heart on the line. But there they meet Pete, the local boy, firmly in the closet. They dance around each other for weeks, heart
GlamLawyer
Jun 21, 2015 rated it liked it
I liked the writing style. It was funny and easy to read. Sometimes it felt 'drunk' which fitted the story.
The storyline itself was a bit odd for me. I couldn't help but I didn't get why Pete was a part of them. Didn't feel a real connection but rather just a curiosity from him.
I had some trouble to follow the dialogues. I couldn't always get who was talking or doing things.
Still I enjoyed reading that one.
Dawn Sister
Jun 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a great story, so much fun to read. I loved Frazier's first person perspective. The beauty of a well written first person story is that the other characters shine through. We see them from Frazier's point of view, but we see them in 3D.
Kris has written a perfect story to go with the prompt and it is well worth reading, just for Frazier's snark.

Jane A
Sep 30, 2015 rated it liked it
This was an okay story. I'm not really a fan of comedies, because I always think they are too much. I was able to finish the book, so it wasn't that bad. I did think Fraz was a bit too flamboyant for my taste and was therefore not able to enjoy the book as much. Good thing I sort of got used to him so it was okay in the end.
Kira
Jun 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: lor-event
2.5 stars. The book wasn't bad, not at all, but being in Frazier ADHD (I'm guessing here) head was exceptionally tiring.
Iben
I really, really loved the entire mood of this book. Summer play camp, transitional phases in life, people supporting each other, people taking the leap... And a menage. Yep. Yep-yep-yep. Loved it.
Victoria
Jun 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-dritc, m-m-menage
Cute and funny. Nice interpretation of the photo and the story letter. Thank you Kris Ripper for donating your story, your time and your talent.
Pamela Su
Sweet, charming and funny. All characteristics that don't only represent the three characters in this romance but also exemplify the story as a whole. I loved it
CJ
Oh how Fraz bugged me ... a lot.
Regencyfan93
Nov 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: i-own-it
I was doubtful about a poly romance, yet I ended up enjoying this more than many not-poly romances.

The author captured the feeling of summer camp-summer romance.
ChrisVigilante
Jul 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
I really don't like the MC (Fraz) for the first half of the story.I seriously almost DNF'd it. Eventually I got tired of internally screaming at Fraz and just felt bad for him.THat's a really good thing. I've read stories where I hate the MC and really just want them to continue to suffer. I wanted Fraz to be happy. That was good sign number one.

Then the story turned and I really liked the second half. The developing relationships especially even though I still was not a fan of Fraz in some of
Eve
Jul 06, 2016 rated it really liked it

“So are we a love story now?”

“Oh yeah,” I said. “Yeah, definitely. We’re one of those disgusting romances where everyone leaves happy and the sex is always perfect.”

“But the sex is always perfect.”

“I rest my case.”

I loved this quote, it's so meta.

So like there's like 2 chapters that make up like 30% of the story's length but there are like 14 chapters so I stopped reading this for like 9 months because that exhausted me so much. but yeah it was good, and I think I need to reread this
Angie
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Frazier, what can I say! I loved him from the start! I really enjoyed reading the story of how Fraz finally got the man of his dreams, Dom as well as his cowboy, Pete. The supporting cast was great as well as all the theater references. This story is set in the New Halliday universe and can be read as a stand alone but I believe I enjoyed it more because of what I already knew because of Taking the Leap.
Aya
2.5 stars. I could have sworn I wrote a review for this a few days ago but I guess not. Anyway, this was a sweet friends to lovers story that I'm sure many will fall in love with. Fraz is flambouyant and full of energy, making the read pretty interesting, albeit grating on the nerves at times. I can't say I particularly liked his character but there were moments that had me shedding a tear for him. Dom and Pete, I didn't have much of an opinion on, so I suppose it's a good thing Fraz kept my att ...more
Sandra

Offered for FREE from the M/M Romance Group's Love Is An Open Road event. Thank you too all the amazing authors who participated!
WhatAStrangeDuck
Aug 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: freebie, reviewed, lgbtq
Witty, wisecracking MCs, a fun read and I liked it which means that I liked it. Also free. So, Book, don't get it because there is too much of the talk in there, and everybody else, yeah, well, what I said before. Nice book.
A.R. Jarvis
Feb 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: open-road, slash
Sure wish a moment had been taken to explain WTF "summer stock" was. I mean, I mostly figured it out by the end, but I would have liked to know in the beginning, you know?
Riina Y.T.
Thank you for this story!
Kevin
Jul 06, 2015 rated it did not like it
Did not finish. Lost interest less than a third of the way through.
monk105
Jul 01, 2015
Lily
Jun 22, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Kris Ripper lives in the great state of California and zir pronouns are ze/zir. Kris shares a converted garage with a kid, can do two pull-ups in a row, and can write backwards. (No, really.) Ze has been writing fiction since ze learned how to write, and boring zir stuffed animals with stories long before that.