Start by marking “Playing House” as Want to Read:
Playing House

Playing House

Sometimes you have to do things differently in order to be happy.

Hannah Bishop's boyfriend is cheating on her. When Caleb Matthews's the city's most eligible bachelor and a regular at the cafe where Hannah works, steps up to help her, she uncovers secrets about the man she's running from and the man who has become her hero.
Combining love and action, Playing House explore
290 pages
Published September 2015 by Inkwell International

To ask other readers questions about Playing House, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Playing House

Samantha
Dec 11, 2015 rated it liked it
3 sweetest dreams stars. Hannah and Caleb come from completely different worlds yet collide in the most delicious of ways. When Hannah is in need of saving, Caleb is her knight in shining armor. She stays with him and the more she learns about Caleb, the more she likes him. The issue is, what Caleb is hiding could tear them apart.

The story wasn't a hard read but it wasn't anything special. I didn't get so lost in the read that I forgot what day it was, I had no issue putting it down to make din
Gi's Spot Reviews
Married with OW, and cheating with h... Don't even care about the reasons and excuses, it's still cheating...
Self note:

Angie
I received a copy of this book through NetGalley from Inkwell International for an honest review. I'm conflicted as I liked several things, but I feel really dissatisfied. I liked the chemistry between Hannah and Caleb. I LOVED the supporting characters - Mason, Lizzie and especially Lucas. Although the book is probably more a young/new adult genre, I felt like Hannah was a little up/down for me for maturity. Flat out, I'm not sure I could keep going with Caleb until he dealt with his... busines ...more
Melissa Mendoza
Aug 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Received a copy in exchange for an honest review

“‘The whisk is for the first dinner you made for me. It showed me your passion. And the bike was the best thing I could find to represent the American Pickers marathon we watched the first night I kissed you. Your love for history showed me your intelligence. I want you to always remember how strong, passionate, and smart you are. My opinion doesn’t really matter, but I want you to know this is how people see you.’”

4 stars. This book was a fun read
Michelle Brace (Wicked Babes Blog Reviews)
I really enjoyed this book, but I was hoping to read a bit more with how Caleb handles the secrets that are revealed. Don't get me wrong it was a good book and I enjoyed the characters and how they handled all the things that are thrown at them. This book was written good and it had a nice flow. I flew through it because I had to know how it all ends. I will definitely be reading more from Mira Day.

Hannah has been fending for herself since she was 16 and works multiple jobs to support herself. S
Eli
Sep 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Playing House is Mira Day's debut novel. She definitely is not playing at writing. This book grabbed me from the very beginning. The characters reached out from the pages and grabbed my attention...especially Hannah.

Hannah is an everyday woman. She is trying to work through life....so she can live life. A life she wants to live as a chef. It seems easy right? Hannah does not have it easy. She has always had to work hard for everything. Her best friends Lizzy and Mason are the only people she ha
Janine
Sep 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
An amazing tale full of twists and turns, romance and suspense.

Hannah Bishop‘s life changes when she meets lawyer Caleb Matthews at the diner she works at. He is everything any woman would want, but Hannah already has a boyfriend and they live together. So Hannah settles for being friends with Caleb.

When Hannah‘s boyfriend Conner becomes jealous, Hannah finds out what he is really like and she is scared. Caleb is there to pick up the pieces and lets Hannah stay with him which leads to them fal
Kimothy
Aug 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Never heard or read this author before. But i love it when that happens and the book just grabs a hold of you, as this book certainly did for me. I loved the premise that someone with a well planned out life hits a major bump in the road and we get to see how they deal with it. I love reading about how people deal with these sorts of situations, and in the case of this story it was very intriguing and certainly kept me hooked to the very last page. I will not give away too much about what happen ...more
Deserie williams
Dec 30, 2015 marked it as just-not-for-me-stay-away-hell-no
self note: hero married to other woman.( even though this marriage is an open one and they are like brother and sister. then why sleep togther yuck !) wife is pregnant and it could be heros. no thank you.
Page Turners
Sep 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was such a cute story! There were sweet moments that made you just want to go "aww!". And then there were moments where you will say " I did not see that coming!" I really hope there is a sequel to this book! I would add more but I don't want to give away the story. Read it. You'll love it!
Escape into a Booksite
Dec 11, 2015 rated it really liked it

ARC received via Netgalley in exchange for honest review.

*4.5 Stars*

I'm not really sure where to start with this one. I will say I was pretty much instantly hooked on the storyline and engaging with the characters.

The Connor part of the storyline was really good and was something extra to focus on instead of the lovey dovey stuff and the situations playing out from that, and gave the reader something real to focus on - that kind of thing does happen in real life and is a serious issue, and I
Hayley Thinnesen ✩
Sep 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Playing House review.

Ok how to start my review. I'm actually struggling because I loved it almost as much as it frustrated me.
Initially I loved both leading characters. Hannah was real and strong, an average everyday kinda girl. She had a passion for cooking and was loyal to her friends, and loved deeply. I admired her courage too.
Caleb was again realistic and strong. A wealthy man from a very wealthy family and what every book boyfriend should be, good looks, passionate, caring, and would do
Darlene Avery
Sep 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Playing House by Mira Day:

Playing House is both a complicated and lighthearted read all wrapped into one.

Mira Day has created some fun and quirky characters, however she also manages to mix in serious topics and road blocks along the way.

Hannah is a strong young woman, fighting for her dream.

Caleb is a successful and wealthy young man, but has a life full of lies.

Between the two of them, there is differently enough action and speed bumps to keep you turning to page.

An interesting and entertaini
Liz
Jan 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Playing House by Mira Day was an awesome read! The characters were very easy to relate to and well developed. Mira gives you just enough information without overloading on details to focus on the story at hand. The interaction between characters was very well written.

Hannah is a strong yet vulnerable leading lady. She pulls you in with her struggle to be independent and take care of herself, but finds herself in a situation that pushes her towards leaning on friends for help. A struggle we can
Heather andrews
Dec 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Where Hannah and her friends are concerned there's no such thing as overhearing, "Lizzy grabs my arm, tugging on me like an impatient kid. Mason coughs, and we giggle as he retreats to the balcony. “He. Is. Amazing. Oh my God, Lizzy— best sex I’ve ever had, hands down.” Caleb is a particular man with some things, "he picks me up and sets me on the countertop, mumbling “I want dessert in here.” He steps between my legs." I liked this book.
Carolina Godinho
Dec 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-netgalley

The plot was really interesting, and I had great expectations but it wasn't so good as I assumed it would be.

Some important things were overlooked and others not so important were overexposed. Also, I couldn't connect with the characters.

Lori ~ BF Bookies
Jan 02, 2016 rated it liked it
This was a quick & easy read for me. Although I didn't connect with the main characters as much as I need to, I still liked it enough to want to keep reading and find out how things end. The supporting characters kept it interesting. I do feel that a few things were left unanswered and I had some questions once I finished the book.
XxTainaxX
Dec 14, 2015 rated it liked it
The plot had potential and I guess I was just expecting more development. The pacing was off sometimes rushing through key growth or support opportunities. I could not connect to the characters enough to truly be engaged.

ARC received in exchange for an honest review.
Shirin Rasheed
Sep 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Mira Day has written great Debut Novel. I Loved reading it. Caleb and Hannah were amazing. I Would definitely recommend everybody to read this awesome book. Caleb will Steal will your Heart <3
Erica
Sep 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
I enjoyed this book from beginning to end, although the author left a few questions unanswered at the end. Overall, a very enjoyable read.
Tanya
Dec 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, netgalley
Hannah is a waitress/bartender working two jobs to support herself, hoping to get into culinary school. Each day she serves professional people in the cafe, including Caleb. One day flirting starts, and it just so happens that is the day she also finds her boyfriend cheating. Somehow from that Caleb and Hannah begin a relationship that is just a whirlwind. We have a lot of the usual tropes here of very rich and successful man, poor but hardworking girl in need of saving financially and physicall ...more
April
Shelves: 2016
I love, love, love Hannah! She is such an incredibly strong female character who takes more hits in such a short period of time than most people have to handle in a year. She not only takes those hits, but she also takes them gracefully and keeps pushing forward and trying to look at things from the most objective perspective possible. I was so happy that she followed her own heart and dreams in the end regardless of all the other craziness surrounding her. I enjoyed the surprises and twists tha ...more
Tabatha LeJune
Jan 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Magic

I may be old fashioned, but even with an arranged marriage you should always clean up your past before you try and start a future with somebody new.

The characters were amazing. I thought the book went a little fast and I wish it were longer and a little more drawn out. Characters with a back story.

The plot was great and the characters mixed well I hope she writes another book to tell us what happened with Stacey and who's baby it was. Lucas really needs his own book I love his sarcasticne
Elise Widrig
Jan 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was a great read! It was full of sex, intrigue, and was a quick book to finish since I couldn't put it down. The relationship between Hannah and Caleb was amazing and full of so much love. The addition of Stacey into the mix added even more of a twist to their relationship. The friendships offered by Mason, Lizzy, and Lucas made me wish that I had friends like that in my own life. Danger seemed to lurk at every turn and the book left me wanting more since there was a massive loose end ...more
Gloria
Sep 16, 2015 added it
I received a copy in exchange for an honest review.. Wow what an awesome book. It had all the components of a fabulous read, angst with some suspense and romance thrown in for good measure. I hope to see more from this author in the future. The plot flowed freely and it was a fast read because we'll I had to know how it ended. Please pick up a copy and give it a go. You won't be disappointed you did
Teri
Feb 20, 2016 rated it it was ok
I received a review copy from the publisher via Net galley for a honest review.

Didn't finish book. I really enjoyed the story at first. But then they got together to quickly. Caleb became a turn off due to his comments about how boring he was. Her new employment????? The help??? Didn't care for a that. Nor did I like the Mrs. and her quickly adapting.

Didn't care to read anymore.
Tara Young
Jan 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
I read this book in about 4 hours. It is a very easy read. It is a bit predictable and fast paced, but entertaining.

I enjoyed the characters and the story line. Some of my favorite characters were the secondary or minor characters. I would love to see the series continue with some of their stories.
Nika Maldonado
Feb 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book. It was a fast read that kept me wanting more. I was sad when I turned the last page and can't wait to see where Mira takes her characters next. There are some minor characters that I am excited to see make a more major appearance and learn more about them. Thanks Mira for sucking me in!
Jonell Espinoza
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

I love this story! So much excitement, humor, suspense, and fun all wrapped up in one. I can't wait to read more about Caleb and Hannah!!! Connor= douchebag.. Stacey= I'm not sure yet...spoiled bitch?? Can't wait for more!!!!
Chantale Canadian Book Addict
I added this to my goodreads books that I am reading on December 8th but I really didn't read it until yesterday.

This book was awesome. I started reading it yesterday morning and I just couldn't put it down.

I highly recommend it
Outside of reading, what's a passion or dream you have? 1 1 Jun 27, 2015 10:26AM
My journey began living in a basement apartment with no TV and no internet. After talking with my friend and fellow indie author, Bree Lynne Potter, I started a story to keep myself from boredom. Shortly after I started, my characters came to life and I became hungry to know what happens to them. I fell in love with my characters and they soon became a part of me.

Mira Day is a Contemporary Roman