Start by marking “Delusive” as Want to Read:

Please note, this is a Bisexual Dark Romance
My name is Hanley Harper—for now—and I’m the anti-heroine of this story.
Revenge is my fuel; it energizes me when I'm running on empty.

Elias Cari is a tool for retribution and the beginning of the new start. Unbeknownst to him, there is more to me than I will ever show him. He will know exactly who I am when it’s too late—when
Published June 25th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Delusive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Delusive

ღFloღ the coffee addict
4.5 **what just happened?** STARS

“When two dangerous people collide, very interesting things happen.”
“That...concerns me.”
“Good. I'm glad to know it does.”

This book...oh my god, this book. I feel like I just went through a meat grinder. My feelings are still all over the place and for the longest time I had no idea if I would be able to even rate it. Delusive took a toll on me. Not going to lie, it was a struggle read until I hit the halfway point, but after that to my great surprise it was
Jasmine
5 STARS! ★★★★★

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around how amazing this book was and to be left in awe by what the Courtney Lane has created here with this read. It was brilliantly written, it had complex multilayered characters and a plotline intricately crafted by the author that makes it such an absolutely riveting read. This is one book that I'd highly recommend to all my dark junkies! :)

I felt like this read had my brain doing cartwheels and it constantly challenged my mind every step of th
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️

4 Complete Mindf*ck Stars!

"Make people feel comfortable and all their secrets are revealed."

photo 3410A533-9000-4C45-A200-869DAECC8E50_zpsne1aqva0.gif

Delusive
by Courtney Lane peaked the dark-read lover within me from the second I'd read the book blurb. It clearly promised me a dark, sadistic ride of epic proportions. It, rest assured, did not disappoint!

Delusive-
1. tending to delude; misleading; deceptive.
2. of the nature of a delusion; false; unreal.

Hanley Harper has a secret...a plan, a plot for revenge and Elias Cari is the man to assist her i
Amanda
3 'Cray cray' stars

My first book of Courtney Lane, but definitely won't be my last because this woman know how to write some crazy stuff. Whether I hate it or love it, I'm intrigue with the madness she crafted.

Elias Cari is a fucking asshole of epic proportion.

Hanley Harper is a woman who claimed she wanted revenge for her family. But half the time I think she is a clueless naive little woman.

They meet, they dance around each other, they fuck and meanwhile Elias showed that he is a total psych
Judith
Jul 03, 2015 added it
Not finishing for now @34%....can't really get into it..
Di Covey/TwistedBookReviews
ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review.

5 FANFUCKINGTASTIC STARS!!

If I could give this 10 Stars I would! An addictive game of cat and mouse, I couldn't put it down. I.LOVED.THIS.BOOK. Do you like bad guys? Do you like suspense? Do you like tension you can cut with a knife? This sucker is for you.

Warning: Dark Elements. Non-traditional romance. Alpha. Stalker. Hot.

"I can smell your fear , it's like a pungent perfume. It attracts a part of me that wants to make it stronger. It’s w
Nawal
May 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Updated review

This book has been so wonderful to me. Courtney Lane has now become one of my go to authors. I love stories that break rules and hold so much energy and chemistry. This story gave me something dark, those are the truest kind of stories. Don’t get me wrong, I like my sweet, innocent romances but it’s those dark one’s that really get to me.

So the storyline is rather interesting. Without revealing too much, Hanley has a revenge plan and Elias is the recipient. The story itself keeps
Michelle
May 28, 2015 rated it liked it
3 - 3.5 Stars
I loved the first half and the last 10% of this book. 60% - 90% had me skimming. I almost quit reading it because Hanley was like watching a ping pong game and she really ruined the book for me. I had my suspicions early on about some things and hate that I was right. lol Im leaving it at that. I had a love/hate relationship with this book.

“When two dangerous people collide, very interesting things happen.”

“When you’re not with me, it feels like a fire is roaring underneath my ski
'Q' aka CoCo
Aug 08, 2016 rated it it was ok
I’ve read more than a couple of Ms. Lane’s books and I’ve always loved them. They pack the Triple D--dark, dirty, dominance (everything I love), and usually have the added bonus of plot twists I cannot predict—a rarity for sure. Needless to say, I had high expectations.

The story
Hanley has cooked up a plan with her father to get back at the people they believe have wronged them. Elias is a key part of that plan. (view spoiler)
Cat G.
Apr 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-books
Given ARC for honest review.

Where do I even begin. I really don't even know how to review that greatness of this book. Courtney took me back to reading The Sordid Promise in this one. For me that's such a big thing because I so love that book and has been a favorite of mine. This one rates right up there with it! I love how she writes her twisted, alpha men. But she also gives a strong female lead that is no push over. Both characters have secrets and both have their own issues they are dealing
Ambrosia
Apr 14, 2015 rated it liked it
Finally a good book! I was losing hope to be honest!
Damn! It was a hell of a ride.
Elias is a character I'll certainly never forget, a very strong, possessive, over the top alpha, and I love every second of it, even though he sometimes made me lose my mind and he crossed the lines too many times.

Why only 3 stars then? *spoilers* Because the fact that he was okay sharing "Hanley" with other women was a huge turn off for me. I understood that he loved her and wanted her needs to be completely fulfi
Fathima
Nov 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Courtney Lane ! How do you do this ..... ?!! How do you take a simple story and twist it sooooooooo freakin much that you can't see the end to the beginning .. ? Like , MIND = MIND ? WHAT THE FUCK YOU TALKING ABOUT !!!!
NC Reader
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 what the f**k stars!!
Elias Cari is a man worth reading about! The man is a walking sex machine!
This novel had so much drama I don't even know where to start! My anxiety level has been off the chart for the past two days while reading all about it.
I'd like to take some time to appreciate the hot ass sex (no pun intended) in this book! Did I mention that Elias was a machine?
There are a couple of scenes that involve some girl on girl action, you've been warned.
Try to keep an open mind and
Christine
May 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
An interesting and intriguing read full of suspense and could not see where this was going to go. Hanley out for revenge against Elias for her mothers death.

I hated Elias his character in the first half of the book so arrogant and one of those men who clicked his fingers and everyone jumps. He made up for it in the second half of the book though.

So many lies, secrets and deaths too much happened to go into detail.

A good read with the right amount of angst and some pretty hot moments.

Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
On Hold AT 51%

I'm trying to decide if I want to finish this. This is an odd book. All they do is have sex and there is some clit licking like every few pages. I'm trying to determine what the freaking point is. Especially with how possessive and crazy he is....Is it worth continuing to find out what happens??? Will something ever even happen??? Plus she's got some major daddy issues...Hmmm....

Shweta Choudhary
Mar 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone who loves dark books!
Recommended to Shweta by: Aliana milano
Loved this book. From the start the author had me glued to what is going on, what's going to happen! I couldn't predict anything!! I read and read getting drunk on her words! I would highly recommend this book to everyone!! I can't wait to read more by her <3
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks
***ARC received in exchange of an honest review***

In totally Courtney Lane fashion, she brings us another crazy mind f*** hero in such an AMAZINGLY written story!!

Review to come!!
Sara
Jun 24, 2015 added it
Shelves: june-2015
DNF AT 58%. And let me tell you, it was a struggle to get even that far.
Miri
Jul 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
DelusiveTour

Review

A roller coaster, Im still trying to process this story.

“Menace was in his tone, and pleasure was at his fingers.”

“I’ve never done anything i would regret later. If i give up on getting to know you, i will.”

ok, let me start by saying that Elias Cari is one hot mofo. Basically, this story is about revenge. Nothing its what it seems.. theres always a something you don't expect. Elias Cari is an architect… he is a man people are scare of. He is alpha male and border line fucking crazy tim
Tyi
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
LOVE AND MANIPULATION

This story had the right amount of twist and turns. Hanley was fighting a losing battle when it came to Elias. Nothing was supposed to be on the table besides revenge. Definitely not love.
Expresso
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you're looking for a story that will hog tie you into knots, rip you, gut you, and totally annihilate you, then Elias and Hanley's drama is definitely your ticket to complete fracture of your senses and emotions!

The plots, the twists, and turns in this story are sheer genius! When you think you have something figured out, you don't. Don't try. It will only mess you up more. And no worries in the "wooha" section. If you're a fan of Courtney's you should know by now she's not gonna skimp on the
Fre06 Begum
May 22, 2015 rated it liked it
I liked this book but I am not a fan of ménage and I don't really know if the heroine being bi sexual actually work for me I normally tend to steer away from main leads being bisexual as I don't find it a turn on for me but I have to say I did like Elias! Sordid Promise is still my fave and even tho this book was not up there with it it's still a lot better then some of the books I have read this year.
Andrea
Jun 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
4.5 Stars
Nadia Debowska-Stephens (Obsessed by Books)
~*~ Obsessed by Books copy given in exchange for an honest review ~*~

"You're like a self harming caged animal who is unable to survive in this world without the thing you think you hate most. The thing you think is toxic."

Elias is the addiction, the one more hit that Hanley just can't resist. Believing she can walk walk the fine line between need and want it's a game that she cannot win but how much is she willing to risk? Hanley is a woman with an agenda, a plan with an end goal in her sights.
Yamna Rashid
The bookshelves explain the story better than I can do in my review so I won't repeat a short version of the book.
When the moment passed, I sat at the devil's table and relished in the way he made me sin

Reasons why this book got 4 stars:
1) Messed up main characters; something I adore.
2) There are CARS involved, and I mean sexy, beautiful cars that make you wanna just save up to buy a nice sports car
3) The story is elaborate, deceiving and a page turner at times

Reasons why I couldn't give
Rachel
Wow, just Holy Effing Hell. I received this book from the author as a part of a blog tour and for an honest review, and really, because she knows how much I love her dark twisted mind!

Courtney Lane throws down with DELUSIVE there is no doubt of that. It is a mega word count dark twisty tale of love, revenge, hatred, comeuppance and control. Eroticism in it's darkest, mindbending way.

Hanley Harper and her father are seeking retribution against the monster that put Frankie on life support. She is
Nikki
Jul 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Hanley Harper and Elias Cari are explosive together. An undeniable attraction draws Hanley to the very man she seeks to destroy. Thinking her head is stronger than her heart Hanley ignores warning signs and finds herself embroiled in his world, a world built on fear and mistrust.

Elias is a man that takes what he wants, no apologies, no remorse and he wants Hanley. His desire for her quickly turns from sweet and enviable to dark and frightening.

Delusive is a dark read yet sexy read. I found the s
Felicia Griffith
Sep 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Hanley is out for revenge and seeking redemption. She wants a wrong to be corrected. She wants whats due to her and her family. She knows what must be done. She knows what game to play but unbeknownst to her this man will not be playing the game she needs to play. The only way is to win is to sit at the devils table and play his game.

With a smile on his face and no remorse for what "needs" to be done Elias will entice and titillate every one of her senses. With all her preparation nothing comes
Felicia
Apr 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Sandra
Jul 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 WTF stars! It's hard to put what I feel into words after reading this but I will try my best. I will first say that if you are looking for a hero or heroine in this book you won't find one. Although in the end I did love Elias, he is seriously f***ed up and probably unredeemable in most people's eyes. He is controlling, very controlling, unapologetic in what he does and honestly at times he was quite scary. With that said, those are the very reasons why I was drawn to him. I love flawed charac ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• My Dear Stranger
  • La Cosa Nostra, This Thing of Ours
  • Snuff (Snuff #1)
  • Jolted (Conflicted Encounters #1)
  • Plush
  • Irreparable Damage (Irreparable, #1)
  • Gwendolyn vs. the Band of Barren Hearts
  • Deeper (The Deeper Chronicles #1)
  • My Black Hole Heart
  • Keep Me (Shelter Me, #3)
  • Ripple Effect:  Episode 3 (Ripple Effect, #3)
  • Girl-Nerds Like it Harder (Girl-Nerd, #1)
  • Unbearable (Unbearable, #1)
  • Savior (Keepers of Hell, #1)
  • Rock into Me (Rule Breaker, #1)
  • Blue Hill Blood
  • Wake to Dream
  • Crazy Kinky Dirty Clowns (Crazy Kinky Dirty Love, #4)
COURTNEY LANE has been creating her own little world since she was very young.

While many of her works touch several different genres, she has an archetype when it comes to the female protagonists in her stories.

Currently, Courtney can be found either working on her next book, playing the latest role-playing game on her X-Box (preferably a game by BioWare), or spending time with her family.

https:/
“You know who you’ve become,” he stated through panting breaths, “you just don’t recognize her. You’ve become mine.” 1 likes
“The beauty you are admiring is nothing compared to what I see every time I look at you.” 1 likes