Start by marking “I Am Titanium” as Want to Read:
I Am Titanium

I Am Titanium

With great powers come great mistakes…

Pax is a teenage genius. Learning how to contact the astral plane and communicate with a spiritual being changed his life. It's too bad he's dying.

When Pax's astral mentor gives him a chance at life and immense power, he doesn't hesitate. All Pax has to do is help the astrals inspect Earth. Piece of cake.

As Pax learns the astrals ha
Published June 19th 2015 by Dark Trope Publishing

To ask other readers questions about I Am Titanium, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Am Titanium

Rabia
Jun 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by Rabia Tanveer for Readers’ Favorite

I Am Titanium by John Patrick Kennedy is a story of heroism and standing up for the good and right.
Pax is not your garden variety of teen. First of all, he is a genius. There is nothing that he cannot understand or conquer. Secondly, he is dying. Where most of the teenagers will be on the beach, Pax is in the hospital wishing to live one more day. He different from others in another way: he has managed to make a connection with an alien being on th
Pascal Pascal
Aug 04, 2015 rated it did not like it
Sorry, but I couldn't finish reading it.

Yeah, charging at a forcefield is not a thing random people will do. Especially if they don't know forcefields. It was okay in the hospital. But in the park, it was just too stupid to continue reading.

Sorry, I hope I am wrong and the book will not continue with that way, but I will give some other book a try.
David
Oct 01, 2015 rated it did not like it
Don't care if more come in the series or not. Forced myself to finish it. The style is definitely what I prefer, but the storyline and writing was so poorly done there was no real way to enjoy it.
Stupid Fox
Would have appreciated a trigger warning for Rape.
The book starts very well and had a nice hook, but I couldn't keep reading due to all the rape scenes.
Shelley Stoehr
Jun 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
With sumptuous, delicious writing and action that doesn't quit, John Patrick Kennedy delivers a unique story about an unlikely superhero who doesn't even want the job…

Pax, a young boy dying of Acute Scleroderma, is restored to youthful vitality—and then-some!—by an astral being Pax affectionately calls "Terry." This begins a wild ride with aliens, government agency baddies, an AI, an astral hottie, a volatile teen firestarter… and so much more!

I love that I Am Titanium both makes me want to rea
Anne-Rae Vasquez
Jul 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
An exciting and action packed read with supernatural surprises. I loved how the writer described Pax's love/hate relationship with his mother, a woman who cannot shake her scientific view of the world and simply be happy that her son was "brought back to life" and free of his illness. The story is filled with action, supernatural super hero events but also tells the tale of a boy who just wants to be a boy but is faced with having to save the world.
Mel
Jul 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book was quite unique. I liked it very much and am looking forward to part two. “I received a copy of this book in exchange for a review”.
Domoni
Oct 08, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would like to thank the author John Patrick Kennedy for the chance to read his novel in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.

Pax is dying. He has spent his life since he was 6 in the hospital slowly dying. But he lives on the Astral Plane. No one believes him except Scarlett, who can actually see his astral form. When he goes to the astral plane he is not sick. His body is the strong teenage body he should have and not the weak wasting body lying in the hospital bed. As his human form li
Ozzie Cheek
Jul 07, 2015 rated it liked it

John Patrick Kennedy’s “I Am Titanium” is a message novel in the tradition of Robert Heinlein’s “Stranger in a Strange Land.” But unlike Heinlein’s Christ-like figure, Kennedy’s main character is Pax, a teenage boy with a broken, dying body and an ability to access the astral plane. Pax also is the pet project of a non-physical being nicknamed Terry (aka Terkun’shuks’pai) who believes humans and the planet Earth are worth saving despite an abundance of evidence suggesting otherwise. Not every be
Mariela
Oct 01, 2015 rated it it was ok
I requested this book via Xpressobooktours.com.
Thanks!

This was a DNF and I feel ashamed of it. I really do. But this book was so painful , so hard to get through that I had to give up or try to read it for the next month or so, and I can't waste my time in a book I do not enjoy.
OK first of all I want to talk about the whole "Astral Plane " thing. I think that the author should have added one more page with details and explanations about what that is, because I never in my life heard of the "Astr
Krystal Hickam
Jun 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I really enjoyed this book. It had a great plot, a small set but well thought out characters. The fight scenes were a good change of pace from other books I have read. I liked the build up from a slower start to an engaging finish. It read really well and was a smooth and easy read. I felt that it was easy to relate to the characters in a sense as well as still feel that they were fiction based and beyond what could happen in the real world. The character I enjoyed most was scarlett, I found her ...more
Haddie
Jul 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
DISCLAIMER: I own this book, but I had requested to review this book (via XpressoBookTours) before learning that I had won an e-book copy. I read from my e-book copy. I am going to keep this as non-spoiler as I can.

Characters/Plot: Pax is an incredible character, you can't not like him. He sticks in your head (probably because the first thing that is happening is him in the hosipta); you can't stop thinking about his story. First few chapters has you on a book roller coaster, and I know it is no
W.H. Lock
Nov 29, 2016 rated it liked it
I’m always down for a good superhero origin story. This one has the hallmarks of a good one- the hero gains power from their disability. The reversal of a mentor figure. It’s good stuff. At the core, it’s a solid idea that’s a lot of fun.
But I really feel like this book was about 2 solid re-writes away from being a good story. It’s rushed in some parts, disjointed in other, and overall just lacks a smoothness that should be there in a book like this. This really has the feel of a first draft.
T
Jonathan
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was ok
This book had a good premise, but the writing started getting too "jumpy". While it's technically sound, the switches in scenes tend to go for "Immediacy" and then backtrack, as opposed to interconnecting in one streamed narrative. Equally, as the book progressed, the writing gets more and more "heavy", to the point of being somewhat cumbersome.

The idea behind the book was an interesting one, it's something that would be cool to see adapted into something for either the big or small screen, and
Dennis Michaels
Apr 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Virtually indestructible !

From the first page to the last this grabs the reader and won't let go! Just the protagonist's name , meaning Peace, gets the immediate attention of the reader! Never mind the condition he's in grabbing ones heart with empathy!
I will follow this author until I've squeezed every last drop of his imaginative stories he writes!
I received this book by the assistance of Choosybookworm and the graciousness of the author to allow me to read and review!
A book worth saving and r
Christie Davis
Jun 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I Am Titanium by John Patrick Kennedy is a fast-paced action packed adventure.

Pax is a dying boy who has theorized about the astral plane almost his entire life. Though many doubt him, Scarlett has always believed in him. Pax’s astral friend is Terry who many believe have political reasons for befriending Pax. Terry has offered to give Pax a new body which would turn him into a tool to save the universe. But while Pax thinks this is wonderful, not is all as it seems.

With great action, this book
Kelly Lynn
Jul 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent Sci-Fi Story!

I am not a lover of science fiction books but I have to admit I loved this one. The author has an amazing ability to give very descriptive details that makes the whole story seem real. and right in front of you!! This book has non stop action between good and evil and even a little lesson on to be careful on what you wish for, which I'm a big believe about! I can't wait to read the next book in this series to see where the author takes it to next!!
Jenny
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a very unique and thought provoking read. Pax, a teen genius is dying, but has the amazing ability of being able to communicate with a being on the astral plane. When offered the chance for salvation, a move to something greater then being human, who would not jump at the chance. But there is always a price to pay... Great read!
Thomas Salapa
Dec 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story

The story was great full of action and suspense. You could relate to the characters and feel their emotions. The only reason that I gave it four instead of five stars was that the story jumped from person to person and it sometimes was confusing. There was also some situations that were never fully explained.
Brent
Jul 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very nice alternative hero story

Checked out the reviews for this book before I deciding to purchase it. Was a little concerned that I was buying a dud due to a few negative reviews. Seems they were erroneous and I'm very happy with my purchase. I'll definitely be purchasing any follow up novels in this series!
Trevor Retka
Jul 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very interesting take on the "I got superpowers" trope. Overall I thought it was a great book. The only thing I have against it is it gets too many viewpoints in the middle of the book. Throwing characters at you, without investing in their importance, and straying from the main story a little too much to show what a side characters doing.
Shane
Aug 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Considering I read it in two days...including going to work...I'd say it was pretty good. Got sidelined by a few twists I didn't see coming. Very well done.
Gavin Segal
May 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice read

I enjoyed this book. It took unexpected turns throughout the book, which made it more entertaining. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Lord
Jul 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book really surprised me. The concepts in it were excellent and well used to move the story along. Highly recommended.
diane bautz
Interesting

I chose a 3 rating because I didn't feel the characters were very well developed. iT was a good read for a rainy day.
Gretchen Henry
Nov 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Story! Well written and engrossing!

I really enjoyed this book. I haven't read the rest of the series yet, but this book could be the next Ender's Game!
Loren Kuttler
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Imoressive

I just found this book and decided, hey why not, and it was\ is one darn good book
Serious
Jul 27, 2015
Daniel Hedge
Jul 12, 2015
Bootless_corpse
Apr 04, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Only Half Alive (Only, #1)
  • Incite (Ignite, #2)
  • Conspiracy Boy (Angel Academy, #2)
  • Dreams of the Golden Age (Golden Age, #2)
  • Iron Pendulum (Periodic, #2)
  • The Color of Rain
  • Enmity
  • The Fifth Vertex (The Sigilord Chronicles, #1)
  • Dragons Are People, Too
  • The Revealed
  • Prophecy of the Most Beautiful (Oracle of Delphi, #1)
  • Ignite the Shadows (Ignite the Shadows, #1)
  • Scion of the Sun
  • Forbidden Bond (Twin Curse, #1)
  • The Skylighter (The Keepers' Chronicles, #2)
  • The Last Girl (The Last Trilogy #1)
  • Final Life (The Final Life, #1)
  • Swords Of The Phoenix Queen (Gods Of Blood And Fire #1)
“She just put a stake through his heart in broad daylight, and he’s still moving,” a dry voice responded. “I think that means he’s not a vampire, if you check.” 0 likes
“Christmas and Easter Christian.” 0 likes