Start by marking “Snowflakes and Christmas Cakes (Camille Carter #1)” as Want to Read:
Snowflakes and Christmas Cakes (Camille Carter #1)

Snowflakes and Christmas Cakes

(Camille Carter #1)

When all-round buttercream princess, Millie Carter, becomes stranded at Craiglea Manor Cookery School, she believes her chance of enjoying a merry festive season is over.

The village of Aisford is Christmas-card perfect, but Millie hates it - she hates the snow, her freezing fingertips, and being forced to look like her Aunt Marjory in a mud-splattered wax jacket and welli
Published June 15th 2015 by Purple Heather Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Snowflakes and Christmas Cakes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Snowflakes and Christmas Cakes

Irena
Nov 03, 2016 rated it liked it
If you know me for some time now, you are probably familiar with my weakness for festive reads and gorgeous covers.
Just one look on this cover and it will be crystal clear why I decided to read Snowflakes and Christmas Cakes.

Although I enjoyed this story, in my opinion the only festive thing about it is it’s cover, and the fact that our main character stays snowed in in the village of Aisford.

We can’t deny that cakes and Christmas go hand in hand together, and there are a lot of food and cake in
Elaine
I’d heard good things about this book via twitter and succumbed to temptation and obtained a copy - and I’m so glad I did! This is one of those rare stories where the author is a true artist, a virtuoso of the first order, using descriptive vocabulary to paint vivid images of scenes and scenarios in the reader’s imagination. Not only that but the plot is brilliant - I definitely didn’t foresee events having the twists revealed near the end! (Sorry, I definitely don’t want to give spoilers away s ...more
Charlotte
Oct 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Review originally posted on Wonderfully Bookish.

I really didn’t know what to expect when I started reading this book. I really have to be in the right mood to read a chick-lit book. Luckily, I was in the mood for something lighthearted and easy to read. That’s exactly what this was! It was so nice to read a book that I didn’t have to concentrate too much on.

The story follows Millie, who loves to bake. Her sister Nicole’s father-in-law is in hospital, and she must go to France to look after him.
Susan
Sep 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have been loving the writing from authors based out of the UK lately. I especially enjoy when the books they write incorporate food and Christmas, my favorite holiday. To me there is nothing better. “Snowflakes and Christmas Cakes” by Lindsey Paley is my latest find, and it is simply delicious! I think you will enjoy this wonderfully crafted story.

“Snowflakes and Christmas Cakes” is not your average romance. In fact, I would venture to say that it has a sprinkle of intrigue, a dash of adventur
Whispering Stories
Nov 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Camille Carter – Millie, is on her way from her home in France, to the UK, to spend time with her sister and family for Christmas. On route, Millie gets a frantic phone call from her sister stating that they can’t be there as an emergency has come up. She also needs Millie, who is a chef, to take on a luxury Christmas cookery school for her at the prestigious Craiglea Manor, as she has no-one else to turn to.

Reluctantly Millie agrees, but things don’t quite go as she is expecting them to, especi
Rachel Gilbey
Sep 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

I've been meaning to start this series for a while, as the titles all sound so delicious and up my street. Snowflakes and Christmas Cakes is the first book in the Camille Carter series, and is a very entertaining story, with some surprises along the way.

Camille Carter or Millie as she is known, has lived in the South of France for three years and much prefers the sun to snow. However she has agreed to come back to England, for Christmas this year. Due to a set of circumstances, there a
Rebecca If Only I Could Read Faster
Oct 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog-tour
I need to be honest, I have absolutely no idea what I was thinking when I decided that I would read Snowflakes and Christmas Cakes. I don’t ‘do’ chick lit. If I’m honest I’m probably a little bit snobbish about it.

So I started the book with rather low expectations. But I do not mind admitting that I was wrong, very wrong. I really, really enjoyed reading Snowflakes and Christmas Cakes, the characters were interesting and believable. I often thought that the outcome was very obvious, but it wasn’
Lynsey James
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love a good Christmas romance and this book delivers on every level. To say that Millie Carter is a fish out on water in Aisford is a pretty big understatement! Usually found in the south of France, she agrees to spend Christmas with her sister in England, but ends up reluctantly taking her place as cookery demonstrator at Craiglea Manor Cookery School instead. I loved the descriptions of Craiglea Manor and the village of Aisford, they both sounded like lovely places to spend the festive seaso ...more
Petra  Q
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a fabulous book! Lindsey Paley very quickly became one of my favourite authors! I adored Camilla Carter and her Christmas escapade! Who wouldn't want to spend the festive season holed up in a splendid manor house in the heart of Lake District?

Well, Camilla ( Millie ) Carter had a different idea about her Christmas break until she arrived at the snowed under and very charming village of Aisford where is met not one but two rather dashing men and a bunch of welcoming residents.

So for the next
Rachel
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing

First of all I have to talk about the setting of the book I felt that it was pretty perfect. The writing was descriptive and I could see myself right there. I have always wanted to visit The Lake District so this book made me want to visit even more. I fell in love with Craiglea and I totally agree with Millie the library sounds amazing! Definitely don't read on an empty stomach as the gorgeous descriptions of food will make you ravenous.

I thought the characters were well written and I really en
Agi
Oct 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016-releases, 2015

"Snowflakes and Christmas Cakes" is the first book in the Camille Carter series and I was very intrigued by the synopsis - I've no idea why but I like stories about such Scrooges because usually they end with them changing their mind totally, and it's brilliant. Moreover, it mentions butter cream icings and something about being stranded because of snow, and so I thought, oh yes, it is for sure a story for me.

Our main character, Camille - or Millie - Carter much more prefers sun to snow, but she
Grass monster
Oct 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
I just adore the front covers of the Camille Carter series, they are so bright and welcoming.
In the first book of the series, we meet Camille Carter, known as Millie. Millie lives in France and after discovering that her french chef boyfriend has been cheating on her, she decides to go home to England for Christmas and stay with her sister. Sadly at the airport the plans go pear shaped as her sister and family are called away to a family emergency at her in laws. Millie now faces Christmas alone
Claire
This review originally appeared on BrizzleLass Books.

Millie is in a never ending rough patch, her parents died a few years ago, then her boyfriend cheated on her with a waitress in the restaurant they jointly owned, having moved to France for a fresh start and job her new boyfriend and boss has done exactly the same thing with one of his waitresses. Deciding to visit her sister for Christmas she returns to England only to find an emergency with her Sisters in-law’s has her returning to France.

He
Alison
Oct 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
With the deluge of ‘Christmas’ books available at this time of the year I am likely to miss some gems or get totally overloaded and want some sunshine! However this one has been on my TBR for a long time so I delved in.

Millie did in fact live in France with the wall to wall sunshine, wearing only shorts, t.shirt and strappy sandals she arrives in England during a hefty snowstorm .. shock number one for Millie. She has recently split from her chef partner and comes ‘home’ to visit her sister for
Lisa
Jul 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love Lindsey Paley’s work. I love that each story is a little virtual visit for this American Anglophile to Great Britain. I enjoy her characters. This first submission in the Camille Carter series is no exception. She even made me miss winter with her summer release.

Chef Millie is one raw dough woman, missing that essential ingredient that would create the perfect recipe of life. Trouble is, she keeps trying all the wrong additions and making messes. Fleeing from tragedy to heartbreak to hea
Nicki
Dec 02, 2015
Brooke
Apr 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Although this was more chick lit than the cozy mystery that I had expected, I very much enjoyed this book! The characters were interesting and the description of the Lake District at Christmas was the perfect setting. So happy that I stumbled upon this book!
Sabrina
Nov 01, 2015
Krippi
Feb 13, 2016

Camille Carter (2 books)
  • Summer Breeze and Afternoon Teas (Camille Carter #2)