Start by marking “Unraveled (The Gatekeeper Chronicles, Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Unraveled (The Gatekeeper Chronicles, Book 2)

Unraveled

(The Gatekeeper #2)

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  109 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Emma Hayes, a mercenary turned monster hunter, finds herself the secret savior of Earth as she attempts to battle creatures and keep unsuspecting humans safe.

Emma already has blood on her hands, and the tide of creatures keeps coming. She quickly learns that not all battles can be won with a gun. She must decide whether to take up Sharur, the magical battle axe, which may
Published by Team D Enterprises, LLC (first published August 27th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Unraveled, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unraveled

Lo Bookfrantic
Aug 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-review-ng
4***Mysterious Female Monster Hunter Stars

Genre: Paranormal
Type: Book 2 of The Gatekeeper series
POV: First Person - Multiple

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

“Hope could change the tides of war and save the souls of men, but for me, it was a poison.” Emma

description

Unraveled continues the madness of Emma Hayes aka Ash. After finding out she is not from Earth but from another world. Ash was able to escape with “Sharur” which we learned why everyone wanted it. It was the AXE that held the power to open up any worlds, it was powerful and it
Elizabeth
"Hope could change the tides of war and save the souls of men."-Emma

description

Unraveled is the second book in The Gatekeeper Series. Dina Given offers up another supernatural mix of mysterious creatures, heart stopping action, and a constant undercurrent of romance to keep your blood pumping the entire read.

description

As Unraveled begins, Emma (Ashnan) is still recovering from the mighty battle that took place in the conclusion of Unhidden. She has the Sharur (the magical ax) and Eddie by her side. Alex is recoveri
Claudia
Sep 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
wow - the second book was even better than the first one. I loved this and can't wait for the next one.

there was also a lot of action in this book but we also got to see a bit more of story development. there is always a time for the former or the latter and Dina Given balances both (and a bit of romance) very well.

we learn a lot about the background to all characters and I loved that we got to see nearly all the characters from the first book as well as some new ones.

Emma develops great, excep
Toni FGMAMTC

I love the action vibes that come from this book. Reading it got me totally pumped. The first novel established how formidable Emma's adversaries are and how she's totally up to that challenge. Just as in Unhidden, Unraveled is full of monsters and aliens. Some are the traditional fantasy like dragons and vampires. Others are more sci-fi such as brain-sucking parasites and creatures wearing humans.

To me this book gives a little more of the emotional side of Emma.
Anne
Nov 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
I read the first book in this series, Unhidden, a couple of years ago.
I remembered the overall story and how much I really liked it, but I had forgotten many of the characters.

That wasn't a problem reading Unraveled.
The author reminded us of who each character was and related the character to the story in Unhidden, which is really smart and kept me involved in this story.
I hate reading a 2nd or 3rd book, and the author assumes you just finished the previous book, and all of the characters are fr
Emily Maynard
Jun 22, 2015 rated it really liked it

Many thanks to Between the Sheets PR and Dina Given, who provided a copy of Unraveled in exchange for an honest review. We were also lucky enough to have been granted a copy of Unhidden for review at its release, and have been waiting (not so) patiently for Unraveled, which is book two of the Gatekeeper Series. With that being said, this book is not a standalone; you will need to have read Unhidden to follow what is going on in Unraveled. You won’t be disappointed: both books are packed with act
Franjessca
Jul 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Full Review posted at a Book Lovin' Mamas

Unraveled picks up a few weeks after Unhidden, and Dina Given definitely brought a lot of action and emotions in the second book. I had a hard time putting it down because I needed to know what was going to happen next to the characters.

All in all this book was an amazing book to read, and I'm so glad I was introduced to Dina Given and her books from LBtS (for the Blog Tour) and Coastal Magic Convention (since she's one of the Featured Authors).

I highly r
Maryam Dinzly
Dec 02, 2015 rated it liked it
You know what? I take back what I said previously. This book MIGHT have a love triangle, but I still want Zane. *stares at author with pleading puppy dog eyes*

HAHAHA. But hey, Unravel is when everything shatters and bombs, and smashes and people die and all. HAHAH. That's the only way I know how to explain it. This book finally lets us in on what is REALLY going on with Emma and her world. Emma was as usual very kickass and all, but this time we get three different perspectives, which I am defin
Kristin Campbell
Jul 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cd_authors
Love the nonstop action! You seriously cannot put this book down when you start. I'm like: more, more, MORE! It is intense, there is so much going on, and you just want answers. But, like a good author, while some answers are given, more questions arise that grips you into the series and has you pulling out your hair waiting for the next one.
Rosemary Desris
Dec 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great addition

These are great , well worded , and Turkey a great imagination all put together in a book I could not put down . Wait , let me rephrase that . A series I can not put down .
Alizon
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cd_authors
I thoroughly enjoyed the first book and eagerly waited for the second, and I was not disappointed. You get more answers and more questions and a whole heck of a lot more action. I didn't want to put the book down.
Meagan
Aug 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Even better than the first one!
Laura *Little Read Riding Hood*
As good as this story is, I felt my mind wander from time to time. Not sure why, but will certainly continue when the next one comes out.
Shannon Heck
Jul 20, 2015
Cassie Matthews
Sep 13, 2015
Lorraine
Jul 18, 2016
Sandra
rated it did not like it
Jan 10, 2016
Jan 07, 2017
Sam
Dec 25, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Beta Reader Group: Completed Urban Fantasy Novel (Book 2) 2 16 Jun 28, 2015 04:24PM
  • Through Glass, Episode Four (Through Glass, #4)
  • Lucky (A Love Lane Short #1)
  • Fairytale Farms
  • Warrior Redeemed
  • The Crescendo (A Musical Interlude, #2)
  • My Summer in London (My Summer, #1)
  • Earth (The Invasion Trilogy #1)
  • Everlasting Love (Sulfur Heights, #6)
  • Stand of Redemption (Stand, #2)
  • Entranced: Part Two (Guardian Academy #1b)
  • Originals Ride (Hellions Ride, #8)
  • Skyscrapers & Camelot (Renovate, #1)
  • The Original Sin
  • Sweet Agony (Ex Ops #3, Sweet #1)
Dina Given lives in rural New Jersey – home of farms, horses and the largest hot air balloon festival in North America – with her husband, two crazy kids, and two rescue dogs. She is an exercise enthusiast and avid lover of food and wine (hence the need to exercise). She is also a Girls on the Run coach and fundraising chair for a private school. She attributes her ability to juggle family, work a ...more

The Gatekeeper (2 books)
  • Unhidden (The Gatekeeper Chronicles, #1)