Start by marking “Old Farmer's Road” as Want to Read:

Old Farmer's Road

After moving to Minneapolis Cecilia is befriended by Isaac and Elsie, siblings who have kept a dark secret hidden about their past for countless years. As her body is taken over by a demonic force, she finds herself an Impa, a rare and supernatural creature who lives off the flesh and essence of her victims to stay alive.

With the bloated bodies of missing teens beginning
Kindle Edition
Published September 5th 2015 by Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly Publishing (first published September 2nd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Old Farmer's Road, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Old Farmer's Road

Dianne
Looking for a great Halloween read? Stick this one on the top of your fire and brimstone pile! Isaiyan Morrison is back and Old Farmer’s Road is going to have you thinking twice about going into the woods, day or night!

There have been many stories about Old Farmer’s Road, unsolved murders, missing kids, are the tales true or just part of the lore of the area? Cecelia is new to the area and the brother and sister next door have invited her to visit OFR. Isaac is okay, but his sister, Elsie doesn’
Sheri
Dec 15, 2015 Sheri rated it it was amazing
Old farmer's Road by Isaiyan Morrison

Cecilia moves from L.A. to Minneapolis and she becomes friends with her neighbors Isaac & Elsie. What Celia is about to find out is that they are hiding a secret, and the town may not be an ordinary place to live. Then an unthinkable event occurs, Celia is taken over by a demonic force. She learns she has become an Impa, a supernatural creature that eats human flesh.

When bloated bodies of missing teens beginning to resurface, and the creepy voice of the r
Kelly Clare
Sep 08, 2015 Kelly Clare rated it it was amazing
I think it's fair to say I won't sleep for the next three days. I tend to stay away from thriller/horror due to my overactive imagination, but I'm a massive fan of Morrison's other works and knew it would be worth it. Sure enough, despite the serious creepy factor of this novel, I couldn't put Old Farmer's Road down. This author consistently delivers. It has a cool legend aspect to it which I loved. And two of the main characters will have chills running down your spine. Definitely recommended f ...more
A. Powers
Mar 08, 2016 A. Powers rated it really liked it
"Just one more page..." That's what I kept telling myself as I was reading, yet I still couldn't manage to put this book down. I was captivated from the start all the way through the end. The frightening, terrifying ending that is probably going to haunt my dreams for a while. Squeamish readers beware; there is lots of gore and ickiness going on in this book, but for me, that just means that it's impossible to stop reading. "Just one more..." Good luck getting that creepy line out of your head!! ...more
Shin The Bookworm
Sep 26, 2015 Shin The Bookworm rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-request
The creepy urban legend about the old farmer, the soul-eaters known also as Impa, an unwilling victim turned into a murderer, a witch in the neighborhood, a grieving brother searching for the answer behind his brother's disappearance, the bloody murders and mysterious disappearances......how they're all connected will keep readers on the edge of their seat.

I'm a sucker for paranormal stories and I'm so glad I was given a free e-copy of this book from the author. I was hooked from the very first
Reader's Hollow
Oct 11, 2015 Reader's Hollow rated it it was amazing
I think anyone who likes horror or dark urban fantasies would really like a novel that involves these new creature and new rules.

I love the mystery that surrounds Old Farmer's Road. The build up is brilliant as it doesn't give too much away and strings the reader along, making us chomp on the bit for more.

Cecilia is a rebellious teenager who is dealing with a big move at the age of 17, which means she has to make new friends. Unfortunately, some friends have chosen her. Brother and sister Isaac
Alexandra
Oct 29, 2015 Alexandra rated it really liked it
Horror is normally not my genre but once in a while I read something out of my wellness zone to get new impressions. I use my Amazon Prime for that, borrowing it, so if I don't like it it doesn't matter much and I decide mostly from the cover - and this time I didn't regret it. You never know where this story will take you next but one thing is for sure - it'll suck you deeper and deeper into the urban legend of the Old Farmer down the road, completely believable and compelling, and once again I ...more
Crystal Spoon
Sep 11, 2015 Crystal Spoon rated it it was amazing
Old Farmer's RoadI absolutely love this book! Some of my most favorite genres of books are horror, paranormal and thriller. This book has it all. The creepy factor is very high (and that is a good thing). This is the perfect story to read anytime but it is even more perfect right before the Halloween season. I love how the book starts out scary right from the beginning. Some authors take awhile to get the story going, which can be a little boring. I don't like to have to force myself to keep rea ...more
Becky
Sep 12, 2015 Becky rated it it was amazing
Not to be a spoiler and a tell all, this is a must read for all of those like me. I will say it caught my imagination right from the beginning. It sent chills down my arms and legs, and will recommend to all of my friends that read this genre. I feel that after reading this spine tingling tale, I want more of it. I feel like a kid playing in a lightning storm, all lit up from the excitement. Such an awesome author you are, with such imagination of bring the Child from the past meets What feeds t ...more
Yvonne
Sep 08, 2015 Yvonne rated it it was amazing
Wow......this book was an immense tale of heartpounding intrigue....a paranormal thriller that will leave you wide-eyed and breathless wondering if those creepy howls and twig snappings mean its your turn....
If you like it light and fluffy then this book is so Not for you....there's no romance and no HEA....there is a bit of a cliff there though that will leave you thinking 'but.....how...why..wait - what..??!'
It is a dark thrill ride of epic proportions....
Sharon Doucett
Sep 14, 2015 Sharon Doucett rated it it was amazing
Awesome story! I was hooked just from the description. This is the kind of book that you just have to keep reading until the end. From the very beginning you can feel the tension and futileness of ignoring the voices in their heads. Right down to the dog. Great book that will have you hooked and your nerves tingling.
Steph Parks
Jun 19, 2015 Steph Parks rated it really liked it
Super creepy read! Cecelia moves to a new town and makes friends with the weirdos next door, a brother and sister. She eventually becomes part of their family, but soon finds she wishes she never met them.
Kelly
Sep 06, 2015 Kelly rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror
I love this book! Should make a movie about it. I read it from the beginning to the end cuz I couldn’t put it down. It is so different. I like each character.
Heather **Alwyztrouble's Romance Reviews and More
If you like out worldly creatures this story is for you. It has murder, mystery, soul eating Impas, a witch and hope for saving a lost soul. It is a dark story and very intense.

Cecelia moves to Minneapolis with her parents after her father is caught cheating because her mother wants a fresh start. She makes friend with the boy next door, Isaac even thought his sister Elsie warns her to stay away.

Elsie and Isaac aren't your typical teenagers next door. They were born Impas, also known as soul ea
Autumn
Sep 30, 2015 Autumn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015, frightfall-2015
I was really glad I won this book. I have heard of this author before even though I have not read any of her work before. When I read the synopsis I figured it would be something that I would really enjoy.
Cecilia and her family moved to a small town in Minneapolis and we learn that Cecilia is a troubled teen or at least it seems that way with her mother.
When she first sees her neighbor Isaac she is a bit intrigued especially when she is told to stay away from him via his sister Elsie. Isaac and
Veronica Williams
Need a spooky midnight read to get your blood going? Then... READ THJS! :)

So, I love love love scary, and this book provided me with just that. It is a very cool story about an urban legend. I don't think I've read a book about one before. Now surely the author had to have added extras into it to make it into a full novel. And boy oh boy. This is one you will surely need to read with the lights on and the dog in the other room. Hehehe. You'll see why.

I loved how she worked everything together t
Becky Cox
Mar 02, 2016 Becky Cox rated it really liked it

YA Paranormal/Horror

Old Farmer's Road has a great cover!

Cecilia moves to Minnesota from L.A. with her parents. She is sad and misses her friends and her boyfriend Glenn. Cecilia meets the kids next door, Isaac and his overbearing sister Elsie. Elsie is bossy, rude and seems to really not like Cecilia. Isaac on the other hand is friendly, if a bit weird, and seems to want to welcome Cecilia. Much to Cecilia's detriment Isaac wins out and brings her into the fold and to Old Farme
Michelle
Jun 19, 2015 Michelle rated it it was amazing
just one more is never enough
By Michelle Martin on September 5, 2015
Cecilia is the new kid in town and soon notices her neighbor Isaac. Elsie is Isaacs sister and wow these two have a dark past. And Isaac wants Cecilia and soon she realizes she has left herself open to creatures called Impa she is now becoming one herself she is becoming weak she needs to feed but not regular teenage food but actually teenage flesh and the essence of their lives or she will die... Things are not what they seem a
Spunky N Sassy
Dec 08, 2015 Spunky N Sassy rated it liked it
SNS Rating: 3.0

~~~~~~~~~~Tracy's ★★★ Review~~~~~~~~~~

Tracy Arnett
Jan 09, 2016 Tracy Arnett rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-received
Cecelia moves to Minneapolis after events in L.A. requires her family to have a fresh start. She isn't getting along with her Mother too well. She meets the boy next door named Isaac, unfortunately she meets his overprotective sister Elsie. Cecelia is taken to Old Farmer's Road with the new friends and finds out all is not what it seems. She is pulled into the dark world that surrounds it and she is now giving the voice in her head what it wants of "just one more".

This book moved too slow for m
Christy
Sep 11, 2015 Christy rated it really liked it
The fist chapter grabs you and pulls you in keeps you on the edge of your seat. The only bad thing I could say about this is that that should have been the epilogue. Then the book goes into the story of Cecelia she is the new girl in town and is very unlucky to be moved in next door to Isaac and his sister Elise. Isaac is determined she is the one and wants her by their side. Elise is a control freak and hates everyone, but her brother. People are wondering why the kids in town are disappearing ...more
Kristen Gough
Sep 20, 2015 Kristen Gough rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. I am a huge personal fan of the horror genre and have been anticipating reading this since I first heard about it. I was definitely not disappointed and loved reading this book very much! This is an incredibly well written and terrifying tale of the teenager Cecilia's introduction into the world of the supernatural and her struggle with demonic forces. This is the first book I've read by this author and I can definitely guarantee t ...more
Nina Schluntz
Sep 19, 2015 Nina Schluntz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a dark tale about teenagers who are immortal. An unsuspecting teen girl moves into a new neighborhood and befriends the two kids she assumes are the “cool kids”. It doesn’t take long before you realize there is something supernatural going on with these kids. The question is, do they want her to join them or do they want to feed on her?

This dark tale holds no happy ending, but will leave you wondering if you should really say hi to that seemingly nice kid moving in across the street.
Tequila
Mar 13, 2016 Tequila rated it really liked it
I recieved a free copy in exchange for an honest review.

If you're prone to nightmares, I highly recommend reading this book during daylight hours! This book will take you on one heck of a scary ride, full of twists and turns. Just when you start to think you have things figured out, you very quickly realize just how wrong you are. I enjoy reading a good horror story and if you do too, then Old Farmer's Road is for you.
JoAnne
Sep 14, 2015 JoAnne rated it it was amazing
An intense dark story that will keep you on the edge of your seat. Not a story for the timid, this paranormal thrillers has murder, mystery, soul eaters, missing people, and more. Definitely a spooky/creepy/scary read and had me turning on all my lights and jumping at any little noise but was so well written and so intriging that it hooked me right in from the first and I couldn't put it down!
Vonnie
Sep 11, 2015 Vonnie rated it it was amazing
This is a dark and spooky story that is well written and thought out. I usually am not a fan of dark and scary books, but, I just could not put Old Farmers Road down. Also, keeping the lights on while I read helped. Great story, I would read her next books too.
Heather
Sep 18, 2015 Heather rated it really liked it
A good horror story that doesn't use sex or gore to make it terrifying. A lonely new girl moved into a town with an unsual history that she knows nothing about and by the time she learns it is too late.
Sep 09, 2015 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect book to finish right before bed

This book starts out scary and never let you down . A good horror, that starts off sounding like a ghost story around the campfire . And quickly grows from there. One more, just one more chapter, before I go to bed. Sweet dreams!!!
Andrea
Sep 05, 2015 Andrea rated it it was amazing
Old Farmer's Road by Isaiyan Morrison is one of the best and Creepiest books I have ever read. After Cecillia moves to a new town she befriends a brother and sister. Soon she learns of the creepy things that lerk in the swamp.
Penny Marks
Sep 12, 2015 Penny Marks rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-ve-read
This was a super creepy book with three soul eating Impas on the prowl. Who literally listen to the voices in their heads. If you like horror stories you will love this book. I received this book for my honest review.
  • The Tegen Cave
  • My Clockwork Muse (The Poe Files Mysteries)
  • Hair of the Bitch
  • Vampyrrhic Rites
  • Nightmarescape
  • Angel Manor
  • The Immortalists
  • Don't Forget To Breathe
  • Drug (Kassidy Bell Series Book 1)
  • Father of Lies
  • Children of Chaos
  • The Bad
  • Echoes (Whisper Trilogy Book 2)
  • the Key to everything
  • These Mean Streets, Darkly (A Liquid Cool Prequel)
  • Niko
  • The Darkest Tool
  • The Devious Dr. Jekyll (Electric Empire, #2)
Facebook: facebook.com/isaiyanmorrison
Deamhan: http://deamhan.com

Multicultural Fantasy, Dark Fiction Author, and extreme lover of comic books.

Isaiyan Morrison was born and raised in Minnesota. She moved to San Diego, California while in the Navy. After serving four years of active duty, she moved to Los Angeles. After a few years, she moved back to Minnesota where she started to pursue her dream t
More about Isaiyan Morrison...

“There is no light at the end of the tunnel for us. We are who we are.” 0 likes