Start by marking “Hate to Love You (Love/Hate, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hate to Love You (Love/Hate, #1)

Hate to Love You

(Love/Hate #1)

Opposites in every way, Chase and Arianna have been bitter rivals since childhood. Constantly in competition, they fight incessantly, making it nearly impossible for them to be in the same room with each other. Until they slept together.

Sex changes everything.

In one emotional evening, they go from enemies to lovers. Hate quickly evolves into passionate lust, but old
Published September 9th 2015

Start your review of Hate to Love You (Love/Hate, #1)
Michelle
Sep 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 01-need-signed
Chase and Arianna were enemies for decades, lovers for a few years and now strangers for the last two. Returning home to care for her father, former tennis star is finding it hard to let go of the love she felt for the man she hates.

Chase never imagined the feelings he had for Arianna would shift into love. But they did, until too many moment of distrust ruined it all. Now two years later, with them both engaged to other people Chase and Arianna are forced back into one another’s lives and all
Three Chicks
Aug 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 Mind Blowing Stars!

Review by Lisa Kane

I simply, utterly loved this book. It frustrated me to no end and the main characters are an exercise in patience with their on again/off again relationship. They were rivals in their youth, almost bordering on enemies. Their families are as close as you can get without a blood bond. Arianna is the daughter of two powerhouse athletes. Her mom was the world's foremost tennis player and her dad was a football god. Now he is a coach. Since her mom's tragic
Julie
I enjoyed this so much. Two families, parents have been best friends forever, even built houses next to each other. Had their children a day apart, Chase and Charlie (brother/sister) are twins and Ari is an only child. There was jealous between Chase and Ari all their lives. Chase's father was famous for baseball but had nothing on Ari's dad Aiden who was a famous ex-football player and her mom was a famous tennis player. Chase was like the boy Aiden never had, Chase happened to be a quarterback ...more
Jenna
Jun 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
I hate to love this book right now! Oh the angst! Oh the crazy train that is this book! I want my greedy hands on book 2 NOW!
This story follows the lives of Arianna and Chase. Two people who hate and love each other at the same time. They are super competitive in life and when it comes to their relationship it is even worse. They fight hard and love hard and we get to go along the ride with them!
They are both in the public eye and are athletes. The story goes back and forth between past to
Maree Repa
Sep 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
OMG. I loved that book. I'm shivering. What's going to happen next? My head now I just overloaded with excitement from this most marvellous book. I just can't wait till the second one. This couple Ari and Chase are just up and down. You don't know if they hate each other or completely in love. They are competing against each other constantly. When will it end.

This most amazing book and soon to be series was written by now one of my new most favourite authors Isabelle Richards. I would recommend
Nikki
Oct 04, 2015 rated it liked it
You've gotta be shitting me.
Ang (Sizzling Pages)
Mar 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 - 4 tension filled stars

As I'm reflecting on my thoughts regarding this series, I realized that reading the installments back to back definitely tainted my opinion of book one. So stepping back, I needed to just sort myself out, set aside all my feelings surrounding this couples journey in Love to Hate You, so that I can voice my true feelings while reading the beginning of their tale.

I liked this read - jammed packed with angst, anger, frustration, lust and high on the drama element. My
Gaby
Sep 19, 2015 rated it liked it
This book dragged out way too much! Always with the back and forth. Quite annoying at times.
Jennifer Juers
Aug 25, 2015 rated it liked it
Hate To Love You is the first book that I've read by Isabelle Richards and will not be my last!

Arianna and Chase are childhood friends who are at each other's throats constantly during childhood and adolescents until one night changes everything.

Both sides of their familiesincluding themselves are always in the public eye. Her mother was a professional tennis player like herself and her dad's a football genius. After that one night together they decided to keep everything on the down low
Maria "Rosie" Poli
Have you ever read a book that makes you feel like your heart is about to jump out of your chest? Your brain is going so fast you just want to get up and run? Well this is how I feel after reading Hate to Love You. The story takes us between the present and past and it alternates from Ari and Chase’s POV. This one is going on my list of favorites and definitely recommending it!

Chase and Ari hate each other, since forever. But, then they love each other and it’s so good when they do. But, their
Dena
Aug 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
HOLY SHIT What a ride! Let me start by saying I was on vacation and stayed awake one night to devour this book. Once you start, you just can't stop! This is one hell of a ride, it will keep you on your toes with one hell of an ending! This is the first book I've read by Ms. Richards and I will tell you, it most definitely won't be the last. Ms. Richards knows how to suck you in where you feel like you can't breathe until you know what happens next.

"If you would just let him nail you with his
Big Joe  Rossi
Jun 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC by Isabelle Richards, mega-talented author of the fast paced erotic thrillers, When Fate Collides series. This was another great book by the author. A new gifted writer gives us HATE TO LOVE YOU

Simple....rated 5 stars

description

Chase and Arianna have know each other all their lives. They are mammoth type A personalities. Win at all cost types who have competed and fought for years. The story is told mainly in the present with some flashbacks to their youth. It is a purely love hate
Alissa
Sep 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was the first book I've read by Isabelle Richards, and it won't be my last! I loved Chase & Ari's story. I'm not typically a fan of hate-to-lovers stories, but Isabelle made it work.

Chase & Ari's relationship was so toxic, and a simple conversation between them could turn on a dime, and then all hell would break loose. I loved the dual POV's, but I did get lost in the story a few times. I found it hard to keep track of the flashbacks, especially since the time periods were not in
Tiffany
The lack of communication in this book was utterly frustrating. I honestly am not a big fan of Arianna. She is the ice queen. She doesn't feel things on a level that Chase does. She also runs. Any situation that is remotely emotional and she runs. Then she ices you out. She really got on my nerves.

Poor Chase. He has terrible taste in women. I know he has a bad temper and doesn't think things through. But I thought his behavior was appropriate for his age and situation.

I have a bad bad feeling
Shannon
Aug 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cliffies
4.5 Hatin' stars. I LOVED THIS BOOK. I cannot wait for book2 :). Knew going in there was a "cliffy" and WOW was it ever :). I can't wait to see how it plays out!
Hannah
Nauseating. This is not an example of a healthy relationship, kids. I'll give this book some credit though, it's definitely a lesson on how important communication is. The classic romance novel trope of unavoidable misunderstandings brought on by jumping to conclusions instead of being mature adults and talking is the driving force in this book. Which wouldn't be so bad if there was a worthy reward, but there isn't. The characters were boring, rich, semi-famous assholes with the collective ...more
T.S. Pagan
Sep 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book needs a better cover
And a better name...

I thought this was going to be a short erotica read about a couple who just can't except their attraction, but end up in each other’s arms at the end of every fight, until one of them (usually the guy) says "Hey, I admit, I like you, so let’s just stop this bullshit and go steady". The end.

Which sort of is... but more.

The book starts two years after they broke up from a secret four years relationship. At first I barely could even feel the sexual
Jesey ~ Schmexy GIrl~
Sep 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Jesey’s text to Isabelle Richards the moment she finished this story was “I love you but I hate you right now LOL I need more ASAP” and then she had to wait for Roxie to catch up LOL We both agree that this story will have your heart racing and that it will hook you fast!

Hate to Love You is an amazing story and the way that Isabelle Richards tells it is well executed. Told in dual POV and taking place in both the past and the present, we delve into the toxic relationship between Arianna and
Cocktails and Books
This review was originally posted on Cocktails and Books

If Isabelle Richards wasn't already on my auto-buy list, LOVE TO HATE YOU would most definitely put her in that place. Her foray into a contemporary romance, with the story of Chase and Ari, childhood friends and enemies, is absolutely stellar and has me loving her even more.

LOVE TO HATE YOU is the history of Ari and Chase. Told in alternating points of view between Ari and Chase, we discover a couple who is incredibly competitive with the
Kristina
Aug 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Love to Hate You

I found myself completely absorbed in this story of two people that give new meaning to the word hate. Ari and Chase have an intoxicating chemistry that borders on toxic most of the time. Exploring their trials and tribulations was exciting, passionate, frustrating and angsty. I ate up this book that took the meaning of Love & Hate to a whole new level.

Isabelle Richards crafted dynamic characters that have depth and flaws that keep you invested as the story unfolds. The
Christy McCurry
Sep 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
4.5 Emotional Stars for Hate To Love You
by Isabelle Richards

I am a first time reader of this author.. I completely enjoyed this story.

Arianna and Chase both are well known icons in the sports world. Chase is a NFL Quarterback and Arianna is a Tennis Star. They are competitive in everything they do and I mean everything, including hurting each other.

Their story is told in duel point of view and in just from past to present given us an understanding of the rivalry between the two. The secondary
Amanda
I could not read this book fast enough. I am so happy I waited to start the series after all the books were out. The love/hate back and forth of the book was like a heated tennis match and it was so fun to be privy to. I usually stay away from drama books and books with all the feels, but this book had me hooked from the first word on the first page and I could not put it down.
Jan 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
oh the angst. I want to beat the both of them over the heads!!!!! I am loving this story...can't wait to go on to the next book. I am totally obsessed with Chase and Arianna. I normally hate cliff hangers, but I'm dealing with it. baby steps. baby steps.
Teodora
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Honestly I don't know where I stand with this book. I liked it, but felt nothing...? If that makes sense. Like it feels when you switch on a TV just to put something easy on, and it plays in the background. I got no feeling at all from this book (except a little sadness, because of the father), but everything else? Nothing. The romance nothing, the "tug and war", nothing.
I'm pretty sure anyone who follows my book journeys know, that hate to love books are my weakness. I could read them for the
Amy
Sep 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Actual Rating: 4.5, Give me the next book, Stars!!

“Love is scary and intense and confusing.” “At one time or another, we’re all cowards in the face of something unpredictable and unknown. It’s nothing to be ashamed of. Fear isn’t a dirty word.”

Toxic. Captivating. Intoxicating. Angsty. Those are just a few words to describe this book. Hate to Love is one of those stories that you are just going to love to hate ;)

Hate To Love follows the story of Chase and Arianna. Chase and Arianna have been
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Sep 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
description

Well damn...that about sums it up. I knew this story wasn't complete but I guess I didn't expect to feel like this when I got to the end of book one. I am feeling a lot of things but mostly dying for part two because leaving me in this state is just not that funny.

When you think of people hating each other you have certain expectations for their behavior towards each other, well take those expectations and throw them out the window. These two take hate to whole new level and perhaps it has
Candace Fleming
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was gifted with the chance to read this book early. Ari and Chase take the phrase Hate to Love You to a new level. These two have been rivals from childhood, pulling pranks on each other and constantly trying to one up each other. Over the years, the animosity has changed for both of them and then one night of sleeping together changes everything. You can't go back after sex and these two date in secret for years. To say their relationship ends poorly is an understatement and until a family ...more
Kara Griggs
I'm giving Hate to Love You 4.5 stars. First, I want to say that I found it funny and cute at times that they couldn't stand each other but under the surface they were so deeply in love. Chase and Ari were so different but their love for sports gave them a connection. Neither character feels as if the other shares the same feelings so when the povs switch it's as if we learn of their feelings before they even do. This book made me so mad!!!! There was so much back and forth between the ...more
Roline Bautista
Sep 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
UGH......

This is my first Isabelle Richards book, and I must say I hate her right now!!!! If you read my past reviews, you'll know that I.HATE.CLIFFHANGERS!!!! I tend to collect all books first before plunging it. The good news is, the sequel is right around the corner, YEY for me!

So for the book it was awesome, I love the banters the chase the off the wall chemistry of Chase and Ari. What I hate is this could all been over if communication was open, well I guess there are to much pain and
Claudia Burgoa
Aug 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm having withdrawals, review to come later

Big warning, read at your own risk. There’s a CLIFF HANGER, no, HUGE CLIFF HANGER. Which means, if you’re obsessive like me, you can read the book on October 6th, because by the 7th you’re going to want to read the second part.

That said, let’s talk about the book. This is a fast paced-angsty-romance novel with ups and downs from page one until… you scream what’s going to happen next?

We have Ari and Chase, two extremely competitive personalities that
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Stanton Bliss (Stanton #4)
  • Guilty Pleasures of a Bluestocking: A Steamy Historical Regency Romance Novel
  • The Deep
  • Stanton Series Box Set: Stanton Series (Box Set)
  • A Lady's Christmas Rake
  • Stanton Unconditional (Stanton, #2)
  • Too Bad... I Am Taken! (Too Bad, #1)
  • Wicked: A Rockstar Romance Series
  • Find Me Alastar
  • The Marquess Who Kissed Me
  • Hated You Then (Love Hurts, #1)
  • Demon's Revenge (Daughter of Winter, #1.5)
  • Dark Moon Falls
  • His To Take (New Earth, #1)
  • Big Lies in a Small Town
  • Shelf Awareness (Green Valley Library, #4)
  • Over the Hills and Far Away (NOLA's Own, #1)
  • Love You Now (Love Hurts, #2)
Isabelle Richards spent years as a speech writer before tacking fiction of her own. An avid reader of all genres, Isabelle is drawn to romance novels as they provide an escape from daily life. Through her complex cast of characters, Isabelle creates a sanctuary for readers to dive into for a break from reality.
When she is not writing, Isabelle works as an advocate for persons with disabilities in

Love/Hate (3 books)
  • Love to Hate You (Love/Hate, #2)
  • Love To Love You: A Love/Hate Novella (Love/Hate, #3)
“moved on. When I ended it, I knew I’d be okay because I could focus one hundred percent of my attention on tennis. When I blew out my knee, I thought I’d get through it without him by focusing one hundred percent on rehab. Now what will I do? My knee is as healed as it’s going to get and the light on my career has blown out. I’m floundering, completely lost. I need him now, but I can’t have him. He’s getting married. He chooses now to get engaged. Not a few months from now when I’ll be well on my way to putting my life back together. He chose right now. He’s sending me a message, and I’ve received it loud and clear. He’s a cold, callous son of a bitch who not only doesn’t care for me but has the sadistic need to rub salt in my wounds.” 0 likes