Start by marking “Saving Sullivan” as Want to Read:
Saving Sullivan

Saving Sullivan

Sullivan Hope is a total screw up. He finished university with the help of his father’s donations to the school and an ultimatum: Straighten up and join him in the family business, or screw up again and he’s cut off for good. This summer is his last chance to live it up before walking the straight and narrow in the fall, and the lure of a good party and, even better, alcoh ...more
Published September 2014

To ask other readers questions about Saving Sullivan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saving Sullivan

jvan326
Sep 30, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
Amber
Sep 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4 SUMMER ROMANCE STARS ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Total escapism.
I really enjoyed reading this book.
Saving Sullivan is a very fun, flirty and entertaining book.

"Because being alone with Sullivan like this is quickly becoming one of my favorite past times."

Abby is smart, cool, self-confident and a no-nonsense type of girl. She really cares for others and accepts them as they are. I very much enjoyed getting to know her.

Sullivan is great, a real character. He has his vices and doesn't like to share much about himsel
Sassy Southern
Oct 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am still trying to sort my feelings out after reading Saving Sullivan, whether to truly be happy for Abby and Sullivan or still vent out my frustration of how the climax happened in this story and how quickly it was just explained away without further repercussions. I really do like the buildup and how strong Abby was portrayed while still being able to be fragile about the people she loves.

Abby is a nursing student who is spending the summer doing her internship at a summer resort. This is t
Caroline
Oct 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book it took me a bit to read due to holiday but now I finished it it was good. Both characters had bad beginnings to life but when they found each other they help each other and made a HEA xx
Pamela
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Abby is a sweet and caring person who tries to believe the best about everyone. She had to leave home for a few months to go on a nursing internship and thinks this few months away from her family is going to be hard . Abby meets bad boy Sullivan on the plane. She has decided that they will be better off staying friends. Sullivan has agreed but had told her that by the end of the summer she will be wanting him. It doesn't take long for Abby to change her mind about Sullivan. She can't seem to de ...more
Heather andrews
Oct 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First off I know some people don't like cheating in books I'm not trying to sway you from reading this book because it was really awesome but to me there was a scene that by my definition was cheating. Now Sullivan he can be a gentlemen at times, "he drags his hands down his face. "I'm not a complete a**hole. You take the bed and I'll take the floor." Then there's the side of him that's like a ex addict, "it doesn't take long before I hear his voice again. "You know, I've often wondered if I'm g ...more
beth myrick
Oct 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm cringing

giving this five stars. yeah you got it. there's "cheating" or is there. labels were not placed, other than friends, I get that, but still.....bad bad move. the cringe factor takes a whole new meaning though when you sleep with him again the NEXT DAY. SHUDDERS.

BUT, for some reason I got passed. some how this broken man just crawled right in. just like he did for the h, he just had to take root so that I could NOT hate him for what he did anymore than she could, so I forgave the chea
The Book Fairy Reviews
Jul 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Need a book that will give you a Hot Book Boyfriend and a Book Hangover? Okay so Sullivan is your man and THIS is your book!!
Abby smart and headstrong sassy Abby is the girl you want at your side. I enjoyed getting to meet her in this story.
Sullivan and Abby are perfect for each other as a couple and friends as they grow to understand what each of them needs and wants.
Yeah he is a bad, dirty talking woman loving man but once he realizes who he needs in his life... watch out!
Not gonna give anyth
Small Adventures, Full Hearts
This book was so good...I literally ignored my life today to finish.....

Abby is a no nonsense , I'll wear sneakers with my dress... Ill eat so much I will unbutton my pants kind of girl....I just love her so strong , but yet so guarded.. When she meet Sullivan a rich , playboy, womanizer . She insisted they could only be friends...she needed to stay away from him...she just can't !

I loved this book.. I loved the setting , I loved the forbidden romance, I love the Ending...Sara's writing is amazi
Lia
A lot of drama + a touch of a love triangle + broken hearts + damaged souls + healing love = a very enjoyable read.

There was nothing just over the top or crazy original about this one, but that doesn't mean I enjoyed it any less. It kept my attention and fueled my desire to know what is going to happen.

The only thing I didn't like, was the lack of an epilogue. An epilogue should be required. I need a bit more closure.

4 stars!
Penny
Nov 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a great love story. Will definitely recommend this book. The author describes her characters so well I could totally picture each and every one. She has a great technique in making each character come to life. The story is fast pacing and saucy. Check it out, it's an AWSOME read!!
Aya sahnoune
Mar 19, 2018 rated it did not like it
Amateur writing. I expected more
Crystal Boudreau
Nov 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another great book by a great Canadian author!
* A review copy was provided by the author for the Blog Tour *

~ 3.5 Mixed Feeling Stars ~

I really don't know what to think about this book. On the one hand I really did like the story but on the other, there were some aspects of the storyline I didn't agree with or like.

I will admit that what drew me to this story was because it was written by Sara Hubbard, who also wrote inCAPABLE, which was a story I absolutely loved, so I figured this book would be just as great. I'm sad to say that this
Jennifer Pierson
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm not going to lie, I LOVED this book. It hooked me from the beginning so I read it in one sitting.

Abby Claire is a sassy, sarcastic nursing student. She is a smart, no nonsense kind of girl. Her heart is huge and she really cares and accepts people for who they are. Sullivan Hope is a HOT, one and done type of guy on the outside. On the inside, he's a tortured soul, who uses alcohol to escape the pain. He's very closed off and won't let anyone in. His life is thrown for a loop when he meets A
Audra North
May 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, this book. First, I have to say that I usually don't love using the trope of the virgin heroine because I find them to be too goody-goody and judgmental. But not Abby. From the start, it's clear that she is accepting, smart, and cool. I liked her character a lot because she was so no-nonsense and placed more importance on her studies and caring for others than anything else.

Sullivan is also a great character, even though he is not a likeable one at first. I sympathized with him, though, and
Corrine Pickering
Jul 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
*** Reviewed for Hooked on Books ***

Saving Sullivan - Sara Hubbard 4 Stars

A really lovely standalone.

Abby is a sweet girl, who loves her father and brothers dearly. She needs to move away for a few months to complete her nursing placement - on her journey there she meets the 'player' Sullivan. Whilst his actions shock and repulse her, as time goes on she still finds the attraction extremely hard to fight. They agree to be friends ...but can they ?

I'm not really into romances but this one was rea
Hooked On Books
Jul 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
A really lovely standalone.

I'm not really into romances but this one was really lovely, drew me in and kept my attention all the way through, I loved
Colleen
Jun 16, 2015 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
This story that moves along with light sex and not to detailed violence. I didn't think there was a good description of what happened with the fight between Dean and Sullivan. Yes.if you could call it cheating but they were young college people and really there was not a exclusive commitment between them. They had had sex.
Abby also knew that Sullivan was a player.
He really had a mental problem that I feel was associated from his childhood. I was waiting for the hook-up between Sullivan and Abby.
Colleen
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Amy also knew that Sullivan was a player.
He really had a mental problem that I feel was associated from his childhood. I was waiting for the hook-up between Sullivan and Amy.
I
Renee at Book Happiness
Jul 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received this for an honest review.. I have to say that I really enjoyed this book... It is just a really fun read.

I really enjoyed Sullivan and Abby's story.. I just really thought this was a fun and sexy read, with a couple that I thought were awesome and fun to read... Sullivan is a bad boy until he meets Abby on the plane.. It was just a really good read..

The author did a really good job of pulling you into their story and keeping you interested..

sometimes the bad boys are the funnest to
Nicole Laverdure
Sep 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun to read 4.5 stars
I loved Sara Hubbard's book, but didn't know what to expect with Saving Sullivan!
At first, I didn't like too much Sullivan, I felt he was an arrogant playboy, as for Abby, she was the naive young woman, always there to forgive him.
Ms. Hubbard created characters who were bruised and had their flaws, but as I read their story, Sullivan became likable. Can true love survive under these conditions?
Atara
Jul 23, 2015 rated it liked it
It was a pleasurable read. I liked the protagonist, I just wish the romance took longer to develop - she told herself they'll just be friends and then two days later proclaims her love- and more of her job. Also, I wish the author expounded on the ending a bit more. But a cute read.
Amy
Sep 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
I liked that Sullivan and Abby were friends before anything happened between them. I find it endearing that Sullivan really tried with her. It just makes me go AWWWW. I just wished it went a little longer because their story just wasn't long enough for me. I want more! Still a cute book though :)
Sophie
Jun 25, 2016
Kelsi
Mar 05, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Anywhere But Here (Anywhere, #1)
  • Return Of The Bad Boy
  • Looking for Trouble (Nashville U Book 1)
  • Cruiser (Cruiser & Lex, #1)
  • Belong (Seven Year Itch, #3)
  • Shattered Innocence (Shattered, #1)
  • The Prisoner (The Replacement, #1.5)
  • Revive Me
  • In Too Deep
  • Cousins Book 2 (Cousins, #2)
  • Reprieve
  • Intensity (The Path to Serenity, #1)
  • EXP1RE (EXPIRE Duet, #1)
  • The Unforgettable Ex (Captured by Love, #5)
  • Obsession (Explicitly Yours, #4)
  • Interrupted Vol. 1 (Interrupted, #1)
  • Crave: Part Two (Crave Duet, #2)
  • No One's Hero (Chadwell Hearts, #2)
Sara Hubbard is a romantic fiction author. Her debut novel BLOOD, SHE READ released fall 2012 and was a NEORWA Cleveland Rocks winner and a RCRW Duel on the Delta finalist. Sara lives in Nova Scotia, Canada with her two children (four if you count her husband and her needy labradoodle) and works as a registered nurse.
“Love isn’t easy. It’s the best and worst thing that will ever happen to you.” 0 likes