Start by marking “Thor (2014-2015) #1” as Want to Read:
Thor (2014-2015) #1

Thor (2014-2015) #1

(Thor (2014) (Single Issues) #1)

Who is the new and mysterious woman wielding the Hammer of Mjolnir? Let she who is worthy possess the power of the Mighty Thunderer! Introducing a Thor that the Marvel Universe has ner' encountered before. But is this new Thor Asgardian, or from Midgard?
Published October 1st 2014 by Marvel

Anne
Thor!

description

I can't wait to read the whole volume!
Unfortunately, this one issue was the only thing I could get my hands on.
Yeah, yeah, I know I'm late to the party...

The issue starts out with an attack on an underwater complex of some sort, by the Frost Giants and that squirrely Dark Elf from Stval...Swevtle...Svartflalle...wherever the Dark Elves come from.

description

The rest of the story takes place on the moon, which is the current home to Mjolnir (I got smart and just googled that one).
For those of you who
Sam Quixote
Oct 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Here it is, the headline grabbing comic announced a few months ago, besides the black Captain America and the Superior Iron Man (is that where Otto went?): female Thor! Well, kind of - Thor is still Thor but there’s now a mysterious woman who can lift the hammer that he no longer can. And you know what? It’s really good! And thank the gods they didn’t go with “Thoretta” or “Thorina” for a name - female Thor is still Thor.

So what’s the roast beef - how come Thor is no longer Thor? Well, towards
Carla D.
Oct 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I liked it.

Tamera
Before I begin my review, may I just say, haters to the left?

I have been highly anticipating this comic release for several reasons, which I will go into after I review the actual first issue.

Thor #1 picks up about where the God of Thunder and the Original Sin arcs left off- Nick Fury has whispered an unknown secret to Thor which has caused him to be unable to wield Mjolnir. He has become unworthy, he is no longer the God of Thunder.

Thor #1 picks up with Thor Odinson pleading to Mjolnir to ple
Eric
Oct 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Comic fans
description
Hell yes, "There must always be a Thor." And I love who was picked as the female Thor -- (view spoiler). It feels organic to the story, and not jammed in solely for political correctness/pandering.
description

Update: Looking at these pages of a later issue of this Thor run, my comment above regarding who became Thor looks completely wrong. Oops.

Further Update: Having now read the entire eight issue arc, which was really good, I can confirm that a) my guess at who became Thor was 100%
Chris
I like the feminist slant, but I looked up what happens, and I am a little po'ed by it. Still, love the idea.
grace
Jun 05, 2018 added it
Shelves: jane-foster
just logging some single issues which I previously added as volumes :)
Nicolo Yu
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First issue introduced a new status quo: the Odinson out; new Thor in, and she's a goddess!

Aaron's previous Thor was a celebration of all sorts of manliness; drinking, fighting, and wenching. Here, the script is flipped and it's probably better for it.
Sarah Churchill
The suspense! In this first and much awaited issue we see Thor as we know him fall from grace and a mystery female lift the hammer in his place. The identity of that woman is hinted at, but I'm sure it's not going to be that easy. I'm left hanging here! Really curious to see where Thor (dude)'s fate takes him now that he's lost his powers too. I feel a subscription coming on...
Lexi
Oct 04, 2014 added it
All I know is, Odin continues to be the worst.
Irini
Oct 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
A very intriguing start. I love the female power ,and can we plz kick Odin in the nuts !?? The end was amazingly captured and the suspense is killing me :)
Scout
Oct 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A strong, beautiful beginning. I can't wait for more!
Shiku
Jul 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
Don't you dare to fuck that up, don't you dare! *gets excited*
Ariana
Nov 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Can't wait to see more of lady thor, this is amazing.
Meg
Oct 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I was very hesitant to start the new Thor simply because I didn't think I would like Thor as a female. I put it off. When people tried talking to me about it, I would simply change the topic. I was in a comic book store a couple weeks ago and there was the first issue of new Thor, staring me in the face. I loved the cover art immediately! I couldn't control myself I had to pick it up and read it. The worse thing that could happen would be that I was right, it was awful and now I had material to ...more
Allison
Mar 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
I'm undecided on this one. Don't get me wrong, I'm super stoked that a woman will be yielding the hammer, but this first comic was 100% backstory and introduction. Our heroine doesn't appear until the very last page. So we will see.
Liz Neering
Oct 02, 2014 rated it liked it
I've never been interested in Thor before, let alone EXCITED. This changes everything. The art is lovely and already there are deliciously feminist undertones. (Can we keep the All-Mother? Please?) I'm pleased to add this series to my very small pull list.
Tar Buendía
Oct 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Lo he vuelto a leer y le mantengo la nota porque, aunque me ha gustado más que la anterior vez, no me ha apasionado locamente.

Algunas escenas de Malekith en dibujo y color tienen mi amor eterno eso sí.
Wendy
Oct 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Reviewed at Women Write About Comics: http://womenwriteaboutcomics.com/2014...
Jeanet Alessandra
Oct 02, 2014 rated it liked it
MY BODY IS READY!
Mette
Oct 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
I am so excited for this series, and it's starting off really good. And sad - so very sad.
Dan Junis
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
A woman version of Thor?! Signed up immediately for this epic transfer of power and definitely did not regret it. I bet you can guess who the new Thor is....or....not! The first volume will keep you guessing the whole time about the true identity of the new wielder of Mjolnir. OG Thor forlorn and, dare I say, pretty badass when in this nothing-to-lose state of mind. All in all, a great revamp of what was becoming a stale character in the Marvel universe.
Martin Hassman
May 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
Série osmi sešitů, kde se Thorem stane žena. Milé, vtipné, neurazí. Ale kromě té základní myšlenky to zas velký zázrak není. Jako uvedení nové Thor-ky a jako prequel k dalším dobrodružstvím ovšem dobré.
saskia
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
i loved this
Robert
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good start. I'm looking forward to seeing what they do. This could be a great story if they handle ri.
Ellie Hope
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
65/100
Mags
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I had to read it a second time to really grasp the story, but that was probably just me. I loved this book and I thank Jason Aaron for creating this book
Morv
Oct 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comic, marvel-comics
After a while of 'OMG a female Thor', 'Why isn't she called Thoretta?', 'Why have they made Thor a woman?' and now it's here, issue 1 of the all new Thor comic.

It needs to be mentioned that Thor isn't just a name, it's not just Thor Odinson's name; Thor is a title and is a hero's name, Thor on Earth is known simply as Thor, not Thor Odinson - at least those close to him know his last name - so it makes sense for this new Thor to take the mantel and become Thor. It should also be noted that this
FenixPVZ
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a increible book.

• Ms. Marvel (2014-2015) #7
  • Captain Marvel (2014-2015) #3
  • Loki: Agent of Asgard #5
  • Black Widow #8
  • Rat Queens #6
Jason Aaron grew up in a small town in Alabama. His cousin, Gustav Hasford, who wrote the semi-autobiographical novel The Short-Timers, on which the feature film Full Metal Jacket was based, was a large influence on Aaron. Aaron decided he wanted to write comics as a child, and though his father was skeptical when Aaron informed him of this aspiration, his mother took Aaron to drug stores, where h ...more

Thor (2014) (Single Issues) (9 books)
  • Thor (2014-2015) #2