Start by marking “Baby Love” as Want to Read:
Baby Love

Baby Love

(Wilkersons in Love #5)

The son of an NBA legend, Trent Scott was born a catch and groomed since birth to know it. Little fazes him, including the mystery woman that appears on his doorstep with a baby in tow… even when she claims Trent is the father before disappearing. Until he can prove otherwise and find the delusional woman, he’s stuck caring for a kid he knows can’t be his… or is it?

Brandi
Paperback
Published (first published July 6th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Baby Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Baby Love

Delaney Diamond
Such a cute story! Where do I begin?

Baby Love is actually two love stories in one. We get to see Trent, a single, 6 foot 7 bachelor fall in love with an adorable baby named London. And, we also get to see him and Brandi, an attractive entrepreneur, fall in love with each other. From the moment they meet in the grocery store line, there’s an attraction. I have no idea what games she and her friends were going to play at the bachelorette party, but based on the items in her cart, it was going to
Kim
Jul 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Tia Kelly is one of my favourite authors. Whenever she has a new book out, I know I won't be disappointed--no matter the subject matter. And with Baby Love she definitely does not disappoint.

So what's Baby Love about? We have Trent, a ladies' man, just like his father and his brother, who is tiring of cleaning up the messes his deceased father and his brother leave in their wake. Just as he's cleaning up yet another of his deceased father's messes, a "mess" of his own lands on his doorstep in t
Teresa Mcmillian
Cute love story

I haven't read any other Wilkerson In Love books from this series, but after reading the excerpts and other reviews, I didn't want to wait to start this story. It's actually two love stories in one. Trent's life is changed after a baby girl is dropped off on his doorstep that he didn't know existed. This is a funny, quick read that you'll enjoy. I'm going to go read about those other Wilkerson now!
Deena
Jun 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Cute story, cute couple, even cuter baby! My first book by Tia Kelly. Definitely won’t be my last.
KBeautiful1
Aug 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG Please tell me who reads Book 5 in a series without reading the first 4 Books first?!?!?! Me that's who LOLLLL!!!

I had no idea until I finished the book and there was an excerpt at the end about Book 1. Excuse my faux pas, so lets jump right into Trent and Brandi's story.

Trent Scott is yet again dealing with his late father's fallout behind his gazillion infidelities, his father has been dead for over a year and women are still coming out of the wood works claiming his dad is the father of t
Elle1986
Dec 03, 2015 rated it liked it
*********BEFORE you read my review please note that I did not know this could not be read as a stand alone... therefore it was rated completely off just this books and what I could gather...This book may have been 5 stars if I actually knew what the hell was going on half the time******

Um lol I don't even know.. okay here is the deal. I read the blurb first and was like hmmm I am totally interested... started reading and was like okay this is cool... kept reading and was like.. PAUSE.... Was I s
Tina Young
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I always get excited when I find out that Tia Kelly has released a new book, so you can imagine my reaction when she announced the release of “Baby Love”, the newest installment in the “Wilkersons in Love” series. Before reading this story, Trent Scott was my least favorite character of this series. The way he treated Paige had me actually hating him, lol. Well, I have a new respect for Trent as a result of his actions in “Baby Love”. I can say the same for Lilian Scott as well. Initially, he wa ...more
African Americans on the Move Book Club
The chronological plot of the book creates a realistic depiction of the main character’s world that is just surreal. The book starts at the end and flashbacks back to the very beginning and goes all the way back to the present. Tia Kelly’s writing is descriptive and accurate allowing the reader a front seat into the mind, thoughts, and deep feelings of Diane Collins, the main character. Not to mention that Kelly intertwines the actual happenings of the years to give the book an authentic appeal ...more
J.L. Campbell
Jul 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
After reading the first couple of pages of the sample I downloaded, I knew I had to read this book. Although it's listed as a romantic comedy, Baby Love has many touching moments … when Trent is falling in love with his baby girl, when the reader gets to see some of his family history and the effects his father's actions have on the man he becomes.

I liked the casual meeting when we first see this couple and the funny exchange between them. It was fun seeing how Trent and Brandi got together. The
Ang
Jun 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Baby Love is a wonderful story to read. It was funny. I laughed so many times while reading this book. Trent gotta love him. What was also cool about this story was watching Trent endeavor to be a single parent. And now Brandi, I loved her for so many reasons. I admire entrepreneurs. Brandi was definitely one. Of course, Baby Love is a great love story. I enjoyed reading about how their relationship developed. If you have been following the Wilkersons in Love series you'll appreciate the insight ...more
Jos-renee Marks
Jul 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading this sweet story, I hated for it to end so soon. Not only was the baby adorable but so were the main characters!
Jeannette
Jul 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

I absolutely loved this story!
Once you start you will not be able to put it down until you have finished the last sentence in the book.
Jerrena Brown
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Romance

This was a nice romantic story. The story flowed well and the characters had a nice back story.

The reason I gave it four stars was because the book ended at ninety percent. I kinda like the ending just wish there was more to story. Where was the epilogue? I want to know what happened to the couple six months or more down the line. In my opinion I felt it could have been more.
Thelritta
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Baby Love is a delight

This is my first read by this author but certainly not my last. I enjoyed the character development and the dose of reality with the repair of the relationship with Paige. I highly recommend this title. I'm purchasing the other titles in this series, but this is a stand alone story.
Sada
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story

I think it's a great book. Easy to read. I did think Trent should have been honest with Brandi from the beginning of their relationship regarding London. Happy that he's trying to mend his relationship with Paige. A must read.
Mia Morgan
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great

I loved this read. Trent is that dude. I was glad how everything turned out for him and the baby. And now they have Brandi. Great read. Ready for the next one in this series.
Elise
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read

Some times you have to struggle to see what's more important. That's what I got from this book. Struggle from the past & present to see the beginnings looking brighter.
Shonnie
Story was good

The sister's story made me feel sad. I wish I could have hugged her as a kid. My heart breaks for those in similar situations.

I enjoyed the hero and heroine however I feel like something was missing in the story. Although I'm not sure what. I enjoyed the build up of their relationship but sometimes was missing. Maybe I didn't get a chance to really get to meet the main characters.

I also didn't like the hero's mother (because of the sister).

I would recommend.
Deloris
I picked up this book because I love a book that features a baby, especially a single dad falling in love with his daughter. Trent taking care of his daughter who was abandoned by her mother was entertaining. I found myself wanting more . The story progressed really fast , but I could not understand how Trent and Brandi ended up together because they had no chemistry. Brandi helped Trent with London and Trent gave her business advice but that's it. The storyline had so much potential if the auth ...more
Donna Bennett
Nov 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was the best out of a series of novels by Tia Kelly. I have read all of her novels and novellas and enjoyed them all. The characters stood out in this particular story. I could visualize the scenes and feel the emotions. Kelly does a wonderful job tying in characters from previous stories.

I recommend that you read her books in order and you will get to know each character personally. I can't wait for the next novel. Check Tia Kelly out on Facebook and on her website (http://www.tiawit
Denise Anderson
Aug 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series

Ms Kelly has done it again With Trent and Brandi finding their way to falling in love. Trent was given a life lessons when he founded the package that was left for him was serious and hilarious at times.
Glad that he made amends with Paige,because the sins of the father
Should never fall on innocent children. I'm glad Trent was able to have a second chance to right his wrongs with the love of Brandi and London. This is a feel good novel which makes you feel warm fuzzy feelings .
Carolyn J.
Aug 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Baby London Stole this Story

Trent Scott had a visit from an old fling one evening after a tough day. She left a sweet surprise for Trent. The surprised London was the story stealer.. As Trent tried to determine what to do next, he ran into Brandi at the grocery store. Both had some strange things in their individual carts.. She had duct tape, whipped cream, mackerel, chocolates and some other items. He had 4 boxes of condoms and some alcohol.. Their interesting exchange set the tone for the stor
Connie
This is a really cute short story. But where's the rest? Anyway, Trent Scott is determined not to be anything like his father, NBA legend, Warren Scott, an arrogant, selfish man who cheated on his wife and left a slew of babies all over the place. Until the day, a strange young woman rings his doorbell and presents him with the daughter he didn't know existed. Add a beautiful, young woman named Brandi, to the mix and now you have a hot mess!
Lorice DeBlanc-Brim
Enjoyed it❤

My only problem was Trent's failure to get London tested asap to see if she was his instead of prolonging the situation. It was already an insult that he couldn't remember Trina. That is so typical male. I enjoyed the outcome.
Nia Forrester
Sep 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review to come.
Cheryl Conerly
This was good

Oooooo I can't wait to see what happens in the next instalment. I'm on board with this series. Let's go
Terry Young
Jun 24, 2015
Mary
Jul 15, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Here Comes Trouble (Hawthorne Family, #3)
  • Best Woman for the Job
  • Happiness In Jersey
  • A Little Bit Naughty (Moments in Maplesville, #2)
  • The Realest Ever
  • Double Dare (A Modern Fairy Tale, #1)
  • Sultry Pleasure
  • A Man Is Just A Man
  • Love And Other Things
  • Can't Stand the Heat (Gibbons Gold Digger Novel, #1)
  • Seasoned with Grace
  • Making Scandal (The Essien Trilogy, #2)
Tia Kelly is the author of contemporary romance and women's fiction. She is known for her candid way of capturing life's moments, one character at a time.

www.tiawithapen.com

Wilkersons in Love (5 books)
  • Playing for Love
  • The Engagement Season (Wilkersons in Love)
  • Taste for Love