Start by marking “Trust in Me (Protector, #2)” as Want to Read:
Trust in Me (Protector, #2)

Trust in Me

(Protector #2)

Love cynic Sandra Carmichael is one more failed relationship older and swearing off men for good. Not that she has time for a man anyway. Between graduate school, work, and keeping her younger brother out of trouble, she’s lucky if she sleeps. Determined to stop her brother’s downward spiral, Sandra aims to eliminate the negative influences in his life. And topping her mos ...more
New cover
Published (first published January 27th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Trust in Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trust in Me

Start your review of Trust in Me (Protector, #2)
Kara
Mar 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sandra and Nick made for one heckuva great read.
a little sarcasm along the way is definitely the way to my heart.
I love a leading lady that is strong and can admit if she is wrong.
and we all need a leading man that is big and manly!

This is my first book by Ms. Reid & I am a fan for life ... amazeballs.
this is one of my favorite type of books.
ESR. easy. sexy. romantic!
Lindsay
I wasn’t sure what this book was going to really be about based on the blurb. Obviously, Sandra and her brother get into some kind of trouble and Nick, her brother’s boss, steps in to protect them. But I wasn’t sure what he did to do that. I had a hunch and a hope, but I didn’t know for sure.

This is the second book in this series, but it’s my first book by the author. I didn’t expect the humor in the writing, it was a very pleasant surprise. Nick and Sandra had me laughing all throughout the bo
RJ
Nick was the perfect book boyfriend! Loyal, not a man-whore, protective, patient, charming, and the list goes on! I love how he never gave up on Sandra even when she was being difficult. He never wavered and that goes a long way in making me adore a hero.

I liked Sandra as well but she definitely had her moments where I wanted to reach in the book and smack her for being a stubborn idiot. Thankfully she came to her senses and her issues weren't dragged for the whole book. What matters is that sh
NMmomof4
3.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was a little bit better than "just ok" for me. I get why the h had trust issues, but it became kind of old. There was a good bit of other stuff going on that helped distract from the feeling like it was too slow, but looking back there just wasn't enough time with them together for me. I also would've liked some more closure. It does include an epilogue, but I still didn't get enough.

Storyline: This is Sandra and Nick's story. They meet when Sandra is shocked to find/>Storyline:/>Overall
Pam
Dec 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, arc
This was a great book. This is a romance with a little bit of mystery. Sandra and Nick are great, although Sandra did annoy me at times. Nick is a sexy alpha male who can come across as controlling and over-protective, but he has his reasons for being this way. Sandra has her reasons for not trusting Nick. This was a well-paced story that I really enjoyed. And the epilogue...loved it! I am looking forward to the next book.

ARC provided by the author.
Carrie
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sandra Carmichael has her hands full. She is working two jobs, trying to be a parent to her 19-year-old brother, who has been making questionable decisions lately, and going to grad school to be a counselor. One day she comes home from what must be the worst day ever and finds a stranger in her living room. Nick Tomaras is her brother’s new boss but what kind of work they are doing is questionable. Shady answers have Sandra imaging the worst. And of course the trouble that seems to follow doesn’ ...more
Jessica Zelkovich
Jan 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well Reid is at it again and this time readers get an inside look at Sandra and her overburden life with work, school, parenting a brother and unexpected drama. In walks Nick and unlike Talk to Me when Reid's protagonist could have been my neighbor's or my husband, Nick is HOT by book standards ( I wonder if I can talk my husband into a tattoo and he'll jump the ladder to book standard hotness?-I digress!) This is my second book by Reid and I can see now her witty character style, the full devel ...more
Joanne T
Jan 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a complimentary copy of this book in exchange an honest review.

I typically have some reservations when I read a second book from a series where I absolutely adored the first. It’s especially worse when a former secondary character becomes the lead in the next novel, but my limited exposure to them has me doubt whether the author can make me as invested as I was in their counterparts.

Stephanie Reid did not disappoint. In fact, I think she surpassed her first nov
Brenda Rothert
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book for so many reasons. The story is fresh and funny and the characters are all so relatable and well drawn. Sandra is a heroine I identify with in so many ways. Plus - NICK. He's such a perfect mix of sexy, sweet, alpha and sexy. I mentioned sexy twice, I know, because he's that sexy. This book just flows by fast and smooth because the pacing is so fantastic. Trust in Me gets my highest recommendation. Stephanie Reid is a gem of a writer, and this is a gem of a book.
Sheryl C. Nash
*4.5 stars*
Nicky
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another great instalment to the protector series. As in the first book, the characters are well developed which makes for a really good read. Look forward to the next book.
Three Chicks
May 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Star Review by Jen Skewes

I really enjoyed this book. It was sweet, sexy, funny and had a bit of suspense to it as well. I loved the first book in this series but wasn’t quite sure who this book was about and then realized that Sandra, the heroine is Emily’s friend. So of course we get to see a bit of her and Mac in this one as well.

Sandra has been taking care of her brother since losing their mom and having a dad who just picked up and left them one day. Sandra is very
Janett The Pleasure of Reading Today
How can you learn to trust when one of the most important people in your life, your father, lied to you pretty much all the time while growing up?
Sandra Carmichael comes home after being dumped over the phone by her boyfriend to find a handsome stranger waiting for her 19 year old brother under suspicious circumstances. Being very protective of her brother she asks questions but the handsome man, AKA, Nick Tomaras evaded them like the plague, worrying Sandra and making her think that her brothe
Romance Between The Sheets
Please note this review may contain spoilers.

Sandra has had a pretty rough life so far. After her father abandoned the family and her mother self-medicated with alcohol and later died, Sandra has been a mother to her younger brother David. But no matter how hard she tries, she can’t seem to get through to him and get him on the right track.

Coming home one night to a strange man in her house, she meets Nick who claims to be a business associate of David’s. Fearing that Dav
Marlene W
Dec 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you love a sweet romance with a splash of sexy, then you’ll love this one! This story also has suspense, past heartaches, and a happily ever after that will melt your heart. It’s very well written with smooth dialog and a great cast of characters.

Sandra has been crushed by past relationships and has no immediate plans to take a leap into another. She has too much on her plate right now to even think about beginning a new relationship anyway. The highest priority for her seems to be her broth
Kimma
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the first book in the Protector Series, Talk to Me, but I really LOVED this 2nd book!! I read it in one day because I couldn't put it down. I had mixed feelings about Sandra at the beginning of the book. Getting dumped on her birthday and then losing her pity party binge food was pretty funny but she initially came across as weak and needy and I wasn't too sure about her as a leading lady. I very quickly found that my initial impression was wrong. She was a strong willed, loyal, indepe ...more
Patti K
Feb 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think the biggest difference for me between this book and the last was that I really liked the female lead, Sandra. Though strong on many levels, she was imperfect (and knew it). Over the course of the story, she grew and changed. It made an impact on my enjoyment level to easily empathize with her.

Nick, our undercover cop, was a fantastic male lead. Alpha to his core and a protector by nature, he was flawed and had some issues to overcome. He does that and then some. With some gre
Chantal
Dec 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sandra’s day could not get any worse after her boyfriend decides to break up with her over the phone on her birthday of all days. Feeling sorry for herself she stalks up on her favorite make her feel better chunk food to indulge in at home where she collides with an unexpected guest in her living room. Nick, a business friend of her brother David’s, apparently. Working two jobs and doing everything she can to keep David out of trouble Sandra does not like the secrecy about their business relatio ...more
Lynn
Jan 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Trust in Me by Stephanie Reid, second book in the Protector series, was sent to me for an honest review. Thank you, Stephanie, for allowing me to read and review this delightful romance.

I am a fan of this heartwarming series. While the stories are structured the same, each story is unique and can stand alone. What the stories share in common is the author’s use of counseling theories on her characters, romance, mystery, warmth, and humor.

Trust in Me is the story of Sandra and Nick’s romance. S
Tiffany
Feb 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sandra was having really rough day and to make things worse when she goes home someone she doesn't know is at her house with her brother. The chemistry between her and Nick is immediate even though she doesn't want to admit it. Sandra thinks Nick is a bad influence on her brother and she doesn't want anything to do with her. Nick is determined to make Sandra to see him and not for who she thinks he is. Sandra and Nick will both have obstacles from their past to deal with in order for them to hav ...more
Jan 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just finished this story. It's a sweet story about Nick and Sandra. Sandra has the worst of luck with men, maybe because she does not trust easily. Her main responsibility is her younger brother. He gets in to trouble and she feels like it's her job as the guardian to take care of him and his problems. She has been taking care of her brother since he was ten years old that she forgets that he's eighteen now and considered an adult. Nick comes in to her life by accident. Nick and Daniel are hel ...more
Dana
Feb 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book in exchange for an honest review. This is the second book in Stephanie Reid's Protector Series but each is a stand-alone. Sandra is an awesome heroine. She is funny and she works hard to support herself and her 19 year old brother, David. David has had problems with the law. Sandra meets David's boss, Nick. Nick has secrets. Even though Sandra has sworn off guys, she is attracted to the mysterious tattooed Nick.

Stephanie Reid is a wonderful writer. Her books cont
Alison Chewning
Mar 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-book-blog
~~Arc provided by on behalf of Obsessed by Books ~~

Trust In Me by Stephanie Reid was a fist time read for me. I really enjoyed reading Trust in Me it was cute and a bit funny at times. I laughed a few times while reading this. Trust in Me the characters were well written and likeable.

Sandra is a hardworking woman who is working 2 jobs to take care of her brother. She meets Nick who is in her house when she comes home. It turns out that Nick is her brother's boss. Nick is
Ronetta Williams
Stephanie Reid has done it again! I thought no one could take Mac's place in my heart, but that doggone Nick. Nick is my new Mac! Two people afraid to love learn to love each other. This is a story of what happens when the thing you fear most leads you to the very thing you've always wanted. Nick wasn't looking for love and neither was Sandra, but destiny had a different plan. This story was as realistic as it was romantic. Stephanie doesn't pull our chain with a smooth love, but shows a fight a ...more
Candi Miller
Jan 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Omg! I'm loved Nick and Sandra's story and didn't want it to end! This book had a combination of love, suspense, and overcoming trust issues that made it very hard to put the book down. The author did an amazing job connecting all of the details in the story from beginning to end. I loved the Christmas pickle scene because it was fun and thoughtful (don't want to write any spoilers). This is the second book that I have read by Stephanie Reid and I can't wait to read more books written by her!
Sarita
Sep 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was a pleasant surprise for me. I was not expecting the witty dialog and moments that was so hilarious (you will have to read the book yourself, no spoilers here) that I laughed out loud several times. This book is a great mix of suspense, romance, and humor. I truly loved Sandra and hear in her thoughts for the situations she found herself in. Nick was your basic controlling alpha male with a humorous side as well. Definitely a book worth reading again.

I received a copy of
Heather Schrader
I received a gifted copy in exchange for an honest review.
This is such a sweet action packed book that will leave you guessing till the very end. Nick and Sandra are such lovable characters and you cant help fall in love with them. This book will have you laughing out loud one minute and biting your nails with all the suspense the next minute. Stephanie did a wonderful job telling Nick and Sandras story and im looking forward to reading more from her.
Lee
Dec 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the second book of the Protector series just as much as the first. Stephanie did a wonderful job of tying the characters together between the two books. The mystery/suspense element was done incredibly well, not over the top and very intriguing! While the romance was definitely enticing, I got just as much enjoyment from the familial relationships within the story. And I will NEVER be able to see a Christmas pickle ornament again without bursting into laughter!
Paige Smith
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am so glad that I was introduced to Stephanie Reid's work. I loved the first book in the series, Talk to Me, and I loved Trust in Me even more.

As in the first book, Ms. Reid has a way of interweaving her characters into the plot. The female lead, Sandra, is both strong and protective. Nick is an enigma at first, causing Sandra to face even more challenges. If you're in the mood for a witty, adventurous, and romantic read, I recommend Stephanie Reid. You won't be disappointed!

Liz
Jul 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is about Sandra who's studying for her counseling degree. She's been responsible for her brother David for a long time and he's been a handful and is a recovering addict. Except Sandra comes home one night to find Nick in her living room and she's concerned that Nick isn't the nice guy he seems to be. What's worse is that she's attracted to him.

Both Sandra and Nick are deeper than the typical characters in this genre; the pace is good and there's a nice HEA. Well written.
Goodreads Librari...: Adding a book to my Protector series 3 14 Jan 18, 2015 05:25PM

• Enthralled (Viking Lore, #1)
  • Dr. Chase Hudson (The Surrogate #2)
  • Paths (The Killers #2)
  • With These Hands
  • Vinny (Alvarez Security #3)
  • Honest Love (London Brothers, #1)
  • Brutal (Detroit After Dark, #1)
  • Sauced  (Lacey Luzzi Mafia Mysteries, #4)
  • Just Shoot Me (Cowboy Way, #1)
  • Playing for Keeps (Indianapolis Eagles, #3)
  • Return of the Bad Girl (Rock Canyon, Idaho, #4)
  • Holly Lane: Holly Lane
  • Play Along
  • Completely Wrecked
  • Bring Me Back
  • Lowlander Silverback (Gray Back Bears, #5)
  • Favorite Coffee, Favorite Crush (Marshall Family Saga, #1)
  • A Reason to Live (Reason, #3)
Stephanie Reid writes contemporary romances with heart, humor, and a happily ever after. She holds a master’s degree in human development counseling and enjoys using counseling theories on her fictional characters (and from time to time her husband).

Born and raised in the Chicago suburbs, Stephanie now resides with her husband and their three children in central Illinois.

Protector (3 books)
  • Talk to Me (Protector, #1)
  • Burn for You (Protector, #3)