Start by marking “Lightning Kissed (Lucent #1)” as Want to Read:
Lightning Kissed (Lucent #1)

Lightning Kissed

(Lucent #1)

Colby Evans can leap from one country to the next in a heartbeat. She can see every sunset in every time zone in the same day. She can travel across the world in a flash. She defies gravity and physics with every breath she takes. She's tested her abilities and found them limitless.

She is the lightning. She is Lucent. And nothing can stop her.

Except him.

Theodore Ramsey
Published January 14th 2016 by Clean Teen Publishing (first published January 4th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Lightning Kissed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lightning Kissed

Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson
This is the problem and the glory of Lucent women. You can’t hold them down. Any man in love with a Lucent female is doomed and blessed to eternally chase her lightning. You can’t anchor them. You can’t guarantee they will be in your bed the next morning or anytime at all.

But when I had Colby—I had her heart and soul.

When you have the ability to flash to a different country in the blink of an eye, the possibilities are endless. The world is yours for the taking. But what if you are trying to
Cassie C
Dec 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
See more reviews on my blog Novels and Necklaces

Actual rating 4.5 stars

Huge thank you to Xpresso Blog Tours for giving me an ARC of this novel in exchange for an honest review!

Order this book now! Lila Felix has made me fall in love with this book, and I am so desperate to get my hands on the second novel in this series. I can't even tell you how much I enjoyed this book because my love is all over the place. This novel is unique and like something I have never read previously. This book grabbed
Miranda ❤️
Feb 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Originally posted @ Miranda's Book Blog

I enjoyed reading Lighting Kissed. In fact the way in which they "flash" reminded me a lot of the movie Jumper.

The plot was fast moving and plenty of action to boot. My favorite thing about Lightning Kissed was all of the exotic places! Not to mention the shopping, I mean being able to flash into a store in seconds, amazing! Lila's writing pulled me in and made me feel as if I was flashing right along with Colby and Theo!

The one downfall for me was not bei
Joood Hooligan
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was ok

I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

The idea of the story is pretty cool, and I did enjoy finding out about the Lucents. It's an interesting concept.

But that's really where my enjoyment ended. It was hard to motivate myself to keep reading. It would be okay for a bit, and every now and again I would become immersed for a chapter or so... but then it would get too wordy or stop making sense.

I kinda liked Theo. That's the closest
N.N. Light
Colby Evans is a Lucent, a time traveller who travels the globe like lightning in the sky. Being a Lucent is something that's passed from mother to daughter. When Colby discovers Theo is a Lucent, too, things get complicated. They fall in love and their enemies keep growing. Colby'll do everything to protect Theo and vice versa. But is their love fleeting or the read deal?

I really wanted to like this one. The premise sounds thrilling and right up my alley. However, the pacing is v-e-r-y slow an
Lan Chan
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
This one had a really strong start with great writing. I would have liked for more action but that's a personal preference. Not sure how I feel about Colby. I could see what the author was trying to do in developing her character but it was still slightly hard to swallow. Still, was a great first novel in a series.
Nickle Love
Dec 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: coyer2016, reviewed
No. I did not just read a book that left me hanging. I mean, I liked it and all, but I did not expect it to end the way it did. Also, I was not aware (or fully forgot really) that this was book 3 in a series. But upon further "research" it's like the 2nd? Idk. I'm confused. But it's a series I would follow because I enjoyed the story, it was a light read, and I love the idea of traveling Jumper style. I think it's been a while since I read a YA paranormal that's clean.

----------REVIEW FROM MY B
Kathryn
Jul 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
AWESOME!!!!!
Full review....
Lila Felix has blown me away...With Lightning Kissed, she has created a unique, intriguing world that draws the reader in to the complex and dynamic storyline featuring some fascinating characters.
We begin by meeting Colby Evans. She calls herself a flasher and when I first read it, I died laughing. Of course it isn't the type of flasher that you are thinking about right now, but she has the ability to flash from one place to another like lightning. What an awesome po
MJ
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-books
I don't do paranormal. I just don't. But somehow I guess my tastes are changing or beloved authors like Lila Felix continue to manage to change my mind. Either way, I have to tell you that Lightning Kissed is fantastic!!!

The complicated life a Lucent: Colby gets to 'flash' to wherever she wants to go in the world, whenever she wants, yet needs to steer clear of a group of stuck-up snobs who threaten to make her life miserable. She's denied her love of Theo to prevent herself from getting hurt wh
Sterlie Epperson wallace
Felt like reading excerpts of a story.

This is hard to explain, but I've seen it too many times to not address it.
This book is lacking depth. The author uses past tense to explain background information, including character development.
It felt like watching a movie that is based on a book I've never read.
It's like reading a diary that keeps talking about the past while talking about the present.
Why couldn't the writer just write their story instead of tell us their story? It doesn't make sinc
Mel
Jul 02, 2015 rated it really liked it

I tend to stay away from anything "otherworldly" nowadays, I went through that phase 3 years ago. I was given the opportunity to read this story and I'm glad that I did, it was different to anything I've read before.

Colby can zip around the world in a flash - a lightning flash that is. She is a fiercely loyal character and looks out for her friends and family. Theo is her person in every way. He too will protect her as he too can flash wherever he needs to go.

This is a tale of their journey tog
Laura  Hernandez (TheVoluptuousBkDiva/YABkDivas)

description

I received an eARC via Clean Teen Publishing Elite Reviewers which I am a member of. I made no guarantee of a favorable review and the opinions expressed here are unbiased and my own.

This is a fast paced read that combines paranormal, science fiction and just the right amount of romance to make it a very enjoyable read. The plot is full of intrigue and the characters are likeable.

Truly an electrifying start to this series and I cannot wait to read the next book.
Keagan
Jan 30, 2016 rated it it was ok
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

The story has a lot of potential, but the execution wasn't for me. I didn't really click with the characters, so I wasn't that invested in what was happening to them. It was written much like the ability of the characters. It jumps very quickly from one thing to the next, for my tastes. Perhaps the story and characters could have been fleshed out a little more.

2/5 Platypires
Riana Elizabeth
Disjointed. Obvious parallels to current popular pulp series. Writing is amateurish, with "big words" used to attempt to sound worldly... which fails when they're used in improper context.
The only saving grace to the story is the likability of the protagonist, dredging an extra star up for my rating. But I won't be reading the next book in the series.
Jaime Rodriguez
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I adored this book. The Lucents made for interesting reading. I really loved how independent Colby was. I also loved how much Theo loved her. It's an epic set of books. One of my all time fav series.
Holly
It’s probably no secret that I adore Clean Teen Publishing (and their more mature sister, Crimson Tree Publishing) and that I am a member of their street team. So when I saw this tour opportunity arise with Xpresso Books, I jumped at the chance to participate. Of course I wanted to read Lightning Kissed anyway, considering I have the e-book in its first incarnation as a self-published novel from Lila before she joined forces with CTP. I thought Lightning Kissed was a solid series opener that, wh ...more
Jessica Roe
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
Great start, great idea, super original. The first half started off so promising, but I just lost interest half way through. I don't know what it was. The story just didn't have enough oomph for me. I won't be continuing on with the series
Melinda
Good read

Good read! Defiantly worth giving a try. Told in dual POV. Good character development and a new storyline than your typical supernatural story. Thanks a very likeable character and you can immediately tell he is the rock of the family.
Charlotte
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is only a short review. The book does deserve many more words, however it's been a while since I read this book. So I will review again once I have re read the series
But I did enjoy this series very and can highly recommend.
Catha Reese
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome Book

Oh I am hooked, this story has caught me in a net and I must know what happens next. Will Coby and Theo make it out of all this alive and together, stay tuned because I gotta find out. A fan. Catha Watkins Reese
Dana Wood
Oct 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Couldn't get behind the characters and their plight.
Mary
Sep 17, 2017 rated it liked it
2.75
Karmin
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
At first I was skeptical. That opinion changed quickly. I found that I couldn’t put down my kindle. I liked the surprise ending.
Thia Lee
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
The story took a little time to get started, but when it did i really enjoyed it. I am looking forward to part two. Colby was very annoying throughout the book, but Theo what a sweetheart. It could have done without the cursing. It really wasnt necessary but thank God it wasnt over kill. I loved the ending.
Jenny - Book Sojourner
Nov 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-arc, read-in-2015, magic
'Lightning Kissed' was an exciting start to this new series by Lila Felix. The whole story was really fascinating. Just the ability to travel to another country in the blink of an eye alone is incredible. To consider the pros and cons of this ability is a book in itself. But then adding in the romance and the corrupt governing body, and you have an even better read. Now, this story was a bit info-dumpy in the beginning, so it took me a few chapters to get into it. But once the story started prog ...more
books are love
Jan 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
I look forward to the next chapter in colby and Theo’s lives. Especially with that ending. Wow. Didn’t expect that in a million years.

The book has twists not expected and I want to know who the mole is. Who of their closest turned against them. When the book starts these two are two ships passing in the night. Colby is self absorbed and left theo two years ago to protect herself more than what she says that is to protect him. she goes through life trying to keep people at a distance show she doe
Dawn Strickland
Jan 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

I would like to start by saying that I am not a big paranormal reader. However, once I started Lightning Kissed I was hooked on the characters and their journey. This story has suspense, adventure, complex characters and love. You don't need more that that!

Lucent women have the ability to flash to any place on earth in an instant. Lucents are governed by the Synod council, whose job it is to make sure that humans do not learn about
Kayl
Dec 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received this book for free from Xpresso Book Tours in exchange for an honest review. This will not affect my decision in any way.

Cover: The cover just draws you in. You have some lightning, a hot guy, what could be better? I love how the colors work together and how the cover is eye-catching. I would definitely pick it up off of a shelf. I want it on my shelf. The only aspect that I’m not a big fan of is the fonts.

Characters: The characters have such spunk and are all personalities. The wom
Chelsea
Jul 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
I felt like the running theme of this book was "I will follow you anywhere, person I'm trying desperately to stay away from!" I haven't felt such whiplash from a book since reading Aileen Erin's "Becoming Alpha."

I'm going to skip my analysis of the storyline and jump right into the "relationship" between Colby and Theo, which I really can't say I understand all that well. Firstly, it's been years since they have seen each other in person (as far as I've been given to understand), and as soon as
Taylor Fenner
Jul 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, romance
Colby is loud and reckless, Theo is calm and reasonable. The yin to her yang. Theo has loved Colby since they were kids and she stood up on the first day of school and told the class she hated checkers just because he said he liked them.

But Colby is a Lucent, a female-only species, with lightning inside her that gives her the ability to "flash" (travel) from place to place in the blink of an eye. When Theo tells Colby he can flash too (a rarity for males) Colby breaks up with him. Colby is under
  • Rosinanti
  • Shadowlith (Umbral Blade, #1)
  • The Spark of a Feudling (Fate on Fire prequel)
  • Perfekt Control (The Ære Saga #2)
  • Whatever It Takes (Saratoga Falls Love Story, #1)
  • Devlin's Descendant (White Aura, #3)
  • Savage Possession (Mystic Wolves, #5)
  • Chevalier (Ondine Quartet, #2.2)
  • Sight (The Delta Girls #1)
  • Demon Ash (Resurrection Chronicles, #3)
  • Discovery (The Gifted, #1)
  • What the Heart Needs (Soulmate, #2)
  • At Her Service
  • Bound by the Moon
  • Dream So Dark
  • Destroyed (The Thorn Chronicles, #2)
  • Forget Me Not (Ceruleans, #2)
  • Until The Dawn (Nemesis, #1)
Lila Felix is full of antics and stories. She refused to go to Kindergarten after the teacher made her take a nap on the first day of school. She staged her first protest in middle school. She almost flunked out of her first semester at Pepperdine University because she was enthralled with their library and frequently was locked in. Now her husband and three children have to put up with her rebel ...more

Lucent (3 books)
  • Lightning Sealed (Lucent, #2)
  • Lightning Forgotten (Lucent #3)